The Dwarves of Demrel

New low-budget film about three dwarves stuck underground in a mine. I have high hopes for this one.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7XFwdw_qd7Y
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

youtube.com/watch?v=7XFwdw_qd7Y

I just hope the gas mask isn't indicative of a post apocalyptic setting

I like suspense, this could be good.

might be dwarf-kino if approached properly

so far from the trailer it seems they talk like humans which disappointed me a little bit

>They call it... a MINE! :D

those are just goggles you fucking idiot

fuck off to>>Cred Forums with your racist mémés pls

> electric torches
> polished glass goggles
> THE DEVICE

get ready to figure out what DEMREL actually means

my money's on it being a visual corruption of
DEMolition RECovery or similar, just like Zardoz

Would you prefer cliché Scottish/Welsh accents?

>'go 'za
>ChicaGO PizZA

Oh shit.

>UNLESS IT'S A FARM

also
> poor claustrophobia people can't watch this movie

Or NIMH

I want more dwarves in my kinos

I'm glad to get reminded of this. I forgot the title and spent forever trying to find it again to no avail. If they make enough money they want to make more fantasy kinos set in their world. I'll fork over a couple large pizzas.

>Inb4 they just spelled dremel wrong

Is this really an original story and setting? Is that legal?

I felt pleasure

I'm getting that dwarven feeling

>Steampunk

Finally, after all these years... Dwarfkino begins!

Obviously the goggle-eyed gas-masked character is a chick, as they give it away in the trailer; "we need her!".

But WTF is the story suppose to be about? If it's just dwarves stuck in a cave for the whole flick, who cares?

Dwarves stuck in a mine as they slowly succumb to madness/turn on one another with the added thrill of eldritch horrors in the backround.

Pretty much every other trapped in a mine movie, except with dwarves and I guess a drow and goblin/knolls.

Are you saying that's not cool?

I'm not take a negative or positive stance towards the movie. Just pointing out that it is a narrative concept that been used for a feature length movie numerous times before, except now there's a coating of high/low fantasy.

From the Kick-starter page:

BRENN - Large, muscular, tattooed, and rugged, Brenn has been a miner all of his life and a pretty good one at that. Think of him as your veteran factory worker. Relying on alcohol/tobacco to deal with life's problems, he constantly sees himself as a "victim" to the fantastical "man", and because of which, cannot take responsibility for a myriad of terrible life decisions. All of which aide to his antagonistic nature and caustic views towards most things. As cynical as he is, Brenn is just as naive. He dislikes the arduous, monotony nature of mining but also feels it is honorable work-- especially in dwarven culture. These render the worker dwarf emotionally unstable and a bit of a loose canon. We come to find though, that all the aggression is just a mask to protect his benevolent, tender nature in what Brenn sees-- as a harsh world.

CALCAS - If there was a black sheep within the mining company, Calcas is it. As an ex-accountant with a questionable past and questionable loyalties; he is an enigmatic, cryptic figure. The pragmatic dwarf's intelligence and demeanor alienate him from the other dwarves initially. It isn't until the confinements of the mine and the stress of their force interaction. Calcas is the smallest of the three and the most aware. His insider relationship with the forewoman Drusso (a human) makes Brenn suspicious of Calcas' intentions, and rightfully so, as there is something that Calcas is not telling Brenn and Odryd about their joint fates.

ODRYD - Married early with five kids, Odryd is a "family dwarf" by default. Although he floats from job to job (with mining being his latest) he is not as rough or as seasoned as one may think. He is impressionable and naive. However, Odyd is also probably the most charming due to his natural optimism. Empathetic, nice, and cautious, Odryd never necessarily does anything poorly, but he doesn't do anything particularly well either. He is the middle man linking Brenn and Calcas together... So much so that he eventually feels as though he is the odd man out.

DRUSSO - A byproduct of nepotism, Drusso is a human from the "Capital" -- the largest metropolis in Rye. She came into a position of power when her uncle bought the mining company. As a result, many of the native, dwarven miners greatly resent her (Brenn especially). The progressive Capital is a threat to both the dwarves' more primitive culture, as well as their main economic industry. For example, humans have been unable breath underground until their most recent oxygen purifying gas mask (don Drusso's head gear). Consequently, Drusso’s character faces scrutiny from his miners due to her unknown intentions and loyalties. She suffers a head injury during the collapse and struggles to stay alert in wake of the group's crisis. She does, however, wake to have one, very important conversation with Calcas.

>Pretty much every other trapped in a mine movie
Name 3.

Ah, so she's the mole agent from corporate? Nice.

Is this a play on the Dimrill Dale? You know, the area between the Misty Mountains and Khazad-dum?

Beneath
Abandoned Mine, the technically it was a bunker, I guess. Though I might be remember the wrong film.
The 33
The Strangeness

Neat. Which would be best to watch in these Halloween weeks?

Well, the 33 is based on a few chili and sea bass that actually got trapped in a coal mine.
The other three are horror, not all that good though.

Yeah but they tell you outright what NIMH stands for at the outset, it's not a reveal

>Is this really an original story and setting? Is that legal?
Let's just enjoy it friend

>all the technology

maybe it's some Warhammer future-fantasy kind of thing

never really like that style, when it was combined with Tolkienesque fantasy, but I'm okay with future-fantasy in other forms

the style is a bit Time Bandits desu

As long as the story holds up on its own and doesn't rely on a IT WAS ______ ALL ALONG gimmick I'll pay to watch it because it's not a fucking remake/reboot/cinematic universe

>Dwarf Fortress: the movie
Holy fucking shit yessss
Just when I thought my cold, black heart could no longer feel hype for anything ever again, suddenly this
Goddamn
I've never wanted to see a movie so fucking bad in years.
>dat atmosphere
>dat mood
>dem dorfs

I've finally got a reason to live till next year

>he constantly sees himself as a "victim" to the fantastical "man", and because of which, cannot take responsibility for a myriad of terrible life decisions.

So he's a Trump supporter?

>thats what got us down here in the first place!
Did they get too greedy and dig too deep?
Gold? Gems?
What collapsed the mountain?
Maby it was collapsed to keep something from getting out?

I really hope they don't go the easy route and have them kill each other out of greed or some shit.

you mean BLM? you mean feminists? you mean communists?

etc etc etc

>What collapsed the mountain?
technology that's going to get them out, obv

>this franchise still has some life in it, let's milk some money out of it before kicking its corpse aside

Lel

Whoops, looks like it's not even related to LotR. I guess I'm retarded then.

I can still insult it for being derivative of LotR though.

>>steampunk

Don't forget The Descent

Don't kid yourself
This trailer alone was more kino than all six of those films

That wasn't a mine until the sequel.
Even the long dead people were just doing an spelunking excursion.

Fuck off, shill.

Now this is an original looking movie.

So hard to find these days.

Cool

Talking about films on a television and film board isn't shilling, you fucking retard

>Dwarves stuck in a mine as they slowly succumb to madness/turn on one another with the added thrill of eldritch horrors in the backround.
I didn't know how much I wanted this.

Will they pull "that" lever?
Or is it just a gritty grimdark reboot of Snow White?

that helmet is pretty cool looking

this isn't Cred Forums you underage newfag brownpill fuckstick

this trailer made me feel like a tiny insect if insects could feel dread.

Thanks for letting me know about this, seems neat. Dwarves are the greatest fantasy race.

>fantasy movie
>dwarves
>actual characters
This is going to be bloody good.

If Jackson ever returns to Middle Earth I'd like to see Balin's expedition back to Moria to reestablish the kingdom and it's doomed ending.

>Drums. Drums in the deep. We cannot get out. They are coming.
Best ending to a movie imaginable.

It doesn't look like Urist's type of film, but if it all builds up to them constructing the lever out of desperation, it will empty wallets.

An original movie? On my Cred Forums? It's more likely than you think

So will the movie focus on the horror of being trapped in the dark, stuffy, cramped mine with running out of air or starving being the primary antagonist while try to get out, or are there things that go bump in the night?

Both

Yes but which will it put more focus on? Because as much fun as monsters in the deep are, the former would make for a more unique experience.

Has anyone written a Dwarven creepypasta? I'm sure there are ones about faggots going into mines but I want the special tone of fantasy races.

Tolkien did. The journal they find in Moria is creepy as fuck.

>we want the dwarf fortress audience

Fucking glorious.

Welcome to Boatmurdered. Hope you like fucking miasma!

>dwarves are the main race
well thats refreshing
usually it goes:
humans (the mary-sue race) > elves (the forrest ninja race) > dwarves (the token comedic relief race)

It looks like it's more focused on the survival aspect, and the monster horror part may be made worse by their deteriorating mental state, like hearing things that aren't there and such

Elves are the mary sue race.

>Dwarf Fotress the Motion Picture

mite b cool

So will the second film be about the military fighting forgotten beasts?

nah humans are

That would be an interesting idea too.
>be scared to death
>running out of food
>it's stuffy, hot and there's moving shadows everywhere because your only source of light is flickery
>have to deal with the same exact people all the time
Maybe add a gas-leak that causes hallucinations.

So this is not set in any pre-established setting? It's its own thing?

Isn't stuck in a mine exactly where Dwarves want to be

Not without malt beer and red meat off the bone. There's now a metric fuckton of rock between them and their feast.

>female
>so romance
AAAAAAAAND DROPPED

The line is "..ripe meat off the bone". Just FYI

Thank you kind user.

wtf is ripe meat?

From their kikestarter
>The coolest part is... this is only the first film we have planned for the 'universe' we've created. You're not just investing in one film, but a new fantasy franchise.

Also the bottom of pic related will be their second movie.

Looks like utter shit, I couldn't even make it through the trailer... omfg, get lost you fucking shillllll

>kickstarter
dropped

It's like ripe fruit.

>female

wow ruined so fucking fast

Orcs, huh? I wonder what they'd look like.
It's fine, she's got to wear a gasmask all the time.

I like that they're willing to start this fantasy franchise with stories that involve microcosms of characters, and track their drama. It seems everything has to be prophesied heroes and world ending threats, and it's kind of nice to have something that's still beyond our reality, but just on the level of "A couple of guys get caught in a dire situation"

Balin was the best dwarf from those movies. Best design too

The one with the the hatchet sticking out of his head is the coolest design. Only dwarf with a creative excuse to say no dialogue.

You've been shilling this all over reddit and now here.

Fuck off

I really, really don't think there's going to be any romance in this movie

I think this is all the same person

Given that of the dwarves, one's a family man, one's a mistrustful cynic, and one's a shady guy, it's fairly safe to say cross species romance isn't on the cards

Like a dorf would be attracted to some beardless human female.
Bestiality NO!

Hey, Gimli had the hots for Galadriel and waifu'd her despite knowing she was married and would never let dwarf cock anywhere near her.

Given that Galadriel inspired the Silmarils, I think she gets to be a special case

But this raises the question: how many people hate Celeborn for getting to tap that every night?

no one thinks that looks like Donald Sutherland on the poster?

I think we can safely say Feanor ranks at the top of that list

All I can hear is his soothing voice now.
>this is the actual reason Fëanor became such a dick