youtube.com/watch?v=ow8U1NQfBGg
youtube.com/watch?v=w0cXyGVsUjs
newhumanist.org.uk/5052/why-poetry-is-good-for-the-rational-mind
youtube.com/watch?v=lb13ynu3Iac
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

that's not Toni Erdmann

That wasn't his face at the premiere

Was not expecting this. Such Kino

It's perfect. I was smiling the entire time. Might break the top 5 for me in terms of the Godzilla franchise.

is there a rip of this online? haven't seen in any theatres in toronto yet. same with american honey.

>watching a camrip of a subtitled movie
Holy shit why

Its out Now!!!!!!!!!!!!
funimationfilms.com/movie/shingodzilla/
at bottom of page is a theater locator,

hell check Fandango, You have till Tuesday.

google.com/maps/d/viewer?mid=1o92p7TLPg6T7VZjkhJ-byeea8ic

On this site, has this map has some of the locations...

BANZAI

youtube.com/watch?v=1wqSUgkXbdM

NOT SO FAST

lol this guy is such a pleb.

XD

I'm the map guy, Im watching thw film on Thursday

>toronto

>not caring about the Deputy Director of the Nature Conservation Bureau

This nigga.

what THE FUCK is wrong with his teeth?

>big fan
>"fire-breathing"

fucking poser

That's just his Shin Godzilla cosplay.

Did he give the 2014 one a good review? If so, he is the biggest pleb

>new theater
>now it's only a 3 hour drive instead of a 6 hour
GUYS

It's gonna be hard not to smile because of how hilariously bad it was.

I think it was a mistake to do such a limited run. I went to the fucking Reno theater of all places and it was 100% sold out. There's more people willing to sit through a Toho Godzilla flick then they realize, I think.

Cred Forums predicted this

Than*
God damn. Gonna commit sudoku now.

considering his main problem with this one is that there's no one too root for, he probably enjoyed the soldier shit in the 2014 one

fucking pleb

My local cinema shows it is being played for a whole week... I don't know if that is an error. I hope not because then it def won't be sold out

>Godzilla destroys Tokyo
>Audience claps
USA USA USA

Replace Star Wars and Marvel with the Disney logo.

>same company
>same shit now

>WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA SO MUCH SUBTITLES

A plus movie criticism

Overrated as fuck

Godzilla did nothing wrong, the shifty eyed zipperheads deserved it.

The 2014 had some of the worst set of characters.

I only cared about Cranston.

I've never seen a Godzilla movie. I've seen bits of the monster fighting and it just looks so cheesy awful. Then I'm told that most of the movie isn't even that, it's human interaction with a lot of drama, which means you're waiting maybe an hour for 30 minutes of hilariously bad action.

Is that true?

>its playing in the theater right down the street from me
>i couldnt get tickets

im so fucking sad.

the bus driver was pretty cool too

>have a guy be with Godzilla

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

>2016
>enjoying giant monster movies at all, let alone having the audacity to call them the year's best
Kill yourself.

>Unimaginative, soft reboot

Ugh

PLEASE is it worth it? Is there too much talk? Does Zilla get enough screen time?

I need to know so I can book tickets before they sell out!

I wanna bring my friend but idk if he will get bored

While that was good, it was not better than Shin Godzilla or even Neon Demon

>fire breathing monster
>"I grew up with the raymond burr version"
>too many subtitles

fucking REEEEEEEEEEE

>"Every solo Godzilla movie is the same"
What the hell is his problem?

Yes there is a lot of dense political talk and procedure (Article 76 of the post-war constitution is even overlayed on the screen at one point) and Godzilla pretty much tanks everything and keeps walking not really reacting until he gets injured by a bunker buster. It's definitely a human-centric movie where they have to unravel the rubix cube of Godzilla.

But does he get enough screen time?

Btw I really liked the politic scenes from the original Zilla so are they kinda like that?

After only fifteen seconds I can tell this ugly, pasty piece of shit is a retard.

STOP SHILLING YOUR YOUTUBE GARBAGE

Just watch the damn movie.

>movie is called Godzilla
>99% of it is just Japanese bureaucracy

Nah when I go see a Godzilla movie it's to see FUCKING GODZILLA!

No they are much longer and more burdensome because the movie is satire / mockery of current Jap bureaucracy. Godzilla probably has about as much screentime as 2014 but does far far more with that time than 2014 did.
Basically if you really liked the old movies where oddball scientists and other outcasts would try to understand the monsters and figure out ways to defeat them you'll like it a lot.

So if you like Godzilla you will like Shin Godzilla? So many god damn retards who probably never even saw the original.

Nigger if I wanted to read I'd get a book.

HOLY SHIT HE IS A RETARD

Thx for posting best girl

You need to be 18 to post here.

Godzilla shows up in the first 15 minutes as a cameo then he shows up in the next 5 minutes as a cameo.

People who say Godzilla only shows up in the last 20 mins in the original proves they havent watched it

Just buy the ticket and go watch the fucking movie you faggot, how many times will you get to see a Toho Godzilla, in Japanese, on a big screen? If you're any kind of fan at all you should've had your tickets purchased weeks ago.

HOLY SHIT YOU ARE A RETARD

Fucking this.

You need to be 18 to post here.

Literally this. The fuck is wrong with you? Go watch this film and enjoy yourself. Some of the scenes are shit that NEEDS to be seen in the cinema to get the full effect

So there will be any godzilla vs Superman, or batman?

just came back from seeing the best movie this year guys, absolute fcking kino

effects looked way better on the big screen
good score
the people who spoke fluent english sounded like an audio book which was weird

sucked that chimps came into the theater like half way in and kept talking and some making vocalizations like the kid from the grudge, almost ruined it for me fuk them

>tfw I am seeing it tomorrow
The Gods have spoken!

My only response to this video would just be "You just didn't get it".

>Godzilla can't talk

But he and the other monsters talked to each other during some of the showa movies.

>Godzilla 2014
>Kong Skull Island
>Productioncompany: Legendary Pictures
>Distributed by: Warner Bros. Pictures

I hope that answers your question, user.

lol how is this a great movie? If you think so you must be

1. A weeaboo
2. A Annofanboy

I like thinking films but a 2hr movie where they hit you over the head with the fact that Japan has a bloated bureaucracy? I could figure out the social critique because I've read some books about Japan I have no idea what the average american moviegoer must've been thinking watching meeting after meeting expecting Godzilla to wreck shit.

As cliche as it is he should've made it so there was a clear "everyman" protagonist while keeping all the political scenes. He could've made the same point without boring us to death.

Do they make fedoras for 400 lb hackers like yourself?

your average American is over exposed to everything. The concept of America seems to be "suck the life and fun out of everything full of life and fun". Just as American sweets are oversweetened , you could easily say our media is too. It's fucking stupid. They bitch so much about boring exposition but when you try and make a movie feel like it's non stop action no exposition you get shit like the Michael bay transformers films.
Tl;dr American audiences are cancer and ruined everything

Please watch more Godzilla movies before you criticize things incorrectly.

Random, overlong Jap bureaucracy is a staple of the Godzilla franchise and takes up nearly 2/3 of all Showa era movies.

>Please watch more Godzilla movies before you criticize things incorrectly.
>IT'S OK IF THEY FUCK IT UP NOW CAUSE THEY'VE BEEN DOING IT FOREVER

No kiddo that's not how it works there's a little thing called PROGRESS and we can't achieve that when autistic lil fuckwads like you defend garbage because it's been garbage for longer than your momma was born.

1. Why can't he just close his mouth
2. Why don't they inject up his ass
3. Are they all going to stand there if the injection fails and the nuke falls
4. Anno is such an autistic fascist

I guess overseas market was never on their mind

And if you've been paying attention (pro tip: you haven't), Shin Godzilla progresses beyond all previous Godzilla movies (bar the original) and actually uses the bureaucratic elements to criticize and satirize them. Seriously, pay attention you fucking halfwit mong.

The main guy isn't Everyman. He is elite and edgy.

Seriously dude just stop. Defending this misleading crap that features GODZILLA on the poster and GODZILLA on the title and GODZILLA in the trailers yet has hardly ANY FUCKING GODZILLA just because it's been done forever and you wanna feel smart for understanding basic bureaucracy(quite sad if I may say so myself) is just straight up pathetic and possibly autistic. An hero you fucking moron your kind is blight on humanity and is only holding us back from evolving into something greater. It should be a crime to even let you live due to the immense amount of damage you've caused the entire race by just merely existing for so long.

Why would the retarded monster use his elbows to crawl before his arms fully developed?

Must be from the retarded muh Japanese dance mocap

Nice autistic screed there, kiddo.

You're terribly misguided and embarrassing hatred for Godzilla movies that have only 15 or less minutes of Godzilla on screen is hilarious. You only like what, 2 Godzilla movies then (the worst ones at that)? You've obviously missed the point and charm of the entire series, probably from having viewed only English dubs or youtube clips of only Godzilla scenes. I feel so bad for you but autistic rage is something I can't help you correct.

So.....the professor dude was Godzilla. Prove me wrong.

Listen, you little autist: I'm smart, you're dumb; I'm big, you're little; I'm right, you're wrong, and there's nothing you can do about it.

I'm rubber and you're glue, whatever you say bounces off me and sticks to you!

Psshh, nothing personnel kid
*teleports away*

Words can't bounce off of rubber and stick to glue.

Hurrr durrr Japanese is so sexist and ignoring young people

This girl is as op'ed as Rando.
1. She only got a seat in the meeting because she was the right hand man's classmate.
2. All her predictions are basic observation of a video footage. Anyone can make the same observation (height, air breathing etc) if they watched he video.
But nooo the older males are so biased and stupid they wouldn't bother to look at the footages

3. "I have taken its weight into consideration and I predict it can land "
And how did you base that prediction?
You can only do that by observing how tough his body is.

Op'ed as fuck.
She was even given a smile as if she is the only one cared about radioactive fallout

Don't watch this guy. He's a fucking joke.

and a pussy.

Which is what I don't like it at all

It's just trolling. Calling himself as smarter than everyone else. Other people don't do it because they want a formal disaster movie not a joke

>subtitles take up 75% of the screen at time

One subtitle at the top and one at the bottom is hardly anywhere close to 75% of the screen. Also gotta love that he massively bloats the size of the subtitles on his video to try and prove his point.

I don't understand. I googled "witty comebacks" and that was universally agreed as being one of the best ones. So words obviously can bounce off rubber and stick to glue (it's super glue).

That is no where near as witty as calling someone's mom fat or implying she's a whore.

I don't think this movie is similar to other proper disaster/adventure movies

I'm not a Vulgar Vinny, bro.

This is what you get when you make the most wordy kaiju movie, full of political jargon, and prefer subbing over dubbing

>gook flicks about giant monsters tearing down cities

Are you 12? Are you from Cred Forums? There's no way in hell this is even in the top 50 movies released this year.

Too much parody and black comedy with zero comedic timing. Destitute of charm, wit, momentum, or satisfactory payoff.

2/10

>Implying the noodle scene isn't one of the best comedic scenes of the year

Godzilla fanatics are the biggest manchildren of them all.

the japanese girl pretending she was from america was hilarious

I'd argue that this is definitely a movie you can clap at the ending of.

LET THE ANNO SHITPOSTING COMMENCE

Godzilla is probably in this for less time than in 2014 Godzilla. Even then he's mostly falling over on shit or legit sleeping.

level 1 Godzilla looked hilarious

The theater was PACKED tonight, and not just Cred Forums virgins like me.

>little kids with their parents
>older nerds
>a few younger boys
>teenagers
>a couple groups of young woman
>young couples on dates
>old people

One of the most diverse theater crowds in a while. And they all were into it, reading every subtitle (even the kids) and cheering for the Big G. The kaijukino is real, gang

Name your top 50 movies this year

Just got back from local showing. Crazy good, but the Japs can't ever give the US shit for not having enough Godzilla in a film ever again.

I liked it a lot though, the red tape stuff & the articles of defense stuff was pretty deep for a kaiju film. Anno was really good about tone in this. Is it on on Blu-Ray in Japan yet? Was gonna pick up a copy when I'm there next month.

I really can't get over how good this was. I saw it on it's first show tuesday night and will go again tomorrow. I might even try for a third time, rewatching the trailer a lot of the shots and performances are really fantastic but I missed so many of them the first time around focusing on the subtitles. Ideally by the third viewing I'll have it more or less memorized so I can focus much more on what's happening on screen. Absolutely amazing. The centerpiece attack in the middle of the film has to be one of the greatest sequences in years.

I enjoyed it, but damn, a man in a suit would've been better for the moving godzilla bits. Once he stood on two legs, he basically just slid around like a cardboard cutout. He only ever is animated when standing still, such as the lightshow.

I liked the shot when the main guy and the fake American girl are talking about the nuke and it just keeps tracking backwards until they're almost cut out of the frame

That atomic breath scene was fucking amazing.

>tfw live in atlanta
>dat huge cluster of theaters
;^)

seeing it tomorrow desu

has anyone found a fucking working torrent of it yet?? I'm dyin

I actually had fuckers at my viewing who would shout "AMERICA!" every time the US was mentioned.

>I like my stories with characters with characters you care about

I cared about most of the characters, even if they weren't all fleshed out. And the didn't need to be, the point of the movie was Japan uniting to solve their own problem. It focused on a group rather than giving every character unnecessary background to distract from the threat.

I'm not a zillafan but I think the movie looks cool. godzilla looks like a genuinely fucked up nuclear abomination and it seems quite tragic and sad

Yea, real funny looking that one....

This guy is a faggot, who cares what he says, the movie is fantastic, remember when this guy cried after redlettermedia called him a goofy looking bitch nigga?

KYS

You coming to this thread to post that kinda makes you look sad and pathetic, like when you tell other people to kill themselves you're actually entertaining the notion yourself

I thought he was really freaky looking. Very surreal.

Yeah I didn't get that shot. Nothing in the left of the frame pertained to anything they said. Was it 2deep4me?

This Godzilla is kinda like the elections.

Really weeds out the fucking retards.

Took me out of the movie so fucking hard. The part where it's revealed that she wants to run for president had me DYING. Could you imagine that fucking slant campaigning with that accent?

All the outrageous English dialogue has me believing there was literally no involvement from any Americans I'm this. I'm betting all the white "Americans" in this film were Russians on vacation that they picked off the street

it's just emphasizing how fucked they are by making the characters progressively smaller, it's not super deep, it's in your face.

*snickering so hard at you*

RIP Crane team 1

What was the reason for that burning helicopter resembling the swastika and germany being best friends with japan? I get the US resentment but that had me scratching my head. Good movie though, loved it. Also the place cracked up when that guy talked about her dream being president in her 40's.

i can't really blame, i'm sure fake native Japanese characters in US films come off the exact same way to Japan

Too soon.

Anyone?

Don't forget all the Star of David's behind the fake American lady & the dude as they look on at Godzilla at the end.

it's one of those designs that would work better in animation than live action, the quality of the CGI made it goofy looking

he completely missed the points of the movie...

>There are a lot of things in the story that you won't under stand if you don't live in Japan
>There's no story at all
What the fuck? I thought the themes of teh movie were pretty self evident, and I don't claim to have a broad understanding of international politics.
I usually like him, too. But this review is retarded.

Because it looked cool.

JUST GOT BACK FROM WATCHING IT
HOLY SHIT
Is this the most op Godzilla ever created?

I'm not sure. His ray/lasers were OP but this is the first Godzilla to be hurt by conventional weapons. G14 tanked a nuke to the face and Megaguirus Goji survived a black hole.

The human skeleton looking spawnlings in the end shot would support that...

Only problem is the fish eyes and tentacle form it starts as. Maybe some mutant merging of a fish and the professor?

It's Rei vs Asuka all over again

Nah. The film stated that Godzilla had potential to spread his progeny to any part of the world with another part of the film stating that Godzilla experiences constant self-mutation leads me to believe that Godzilla was evolving into his 5th form in response to USA-Japanese attacks.

Halfu-chan was shit.

Nerd girl was great

>that origami

It's funny that the entire "folding" plot point did absolutely nothing to change that was going on. That segment could've been removed without any loss to the story.

>WHAT DO I DO WITH MY HANDS?

I didn't understand what it had to do with anything relevant. It was just science jargon

I agreed with most of his points. I dont understand why this movie is being shilled by you fucking weebs. this movie was nothing to write home about. two hour snore fest.

This fucking guy

Plebs eating up this flaccid B-movie entertainment schlock.

lol'd

Guys.

Is the movie subtitled or does it have English dubs?

Please tell me it's subtitled.

subbed

Thank fuck for that.

Here's your complementary (you), don't spend it all in one place

This. High attack, low defense.

Dr Robotnik?!

Went to see it with my dad
>Went to the bathroom and missed the first 5 minutes
>Seat was all the way to left left 6 rows from the screen
>The masking was off making it zoomed in to the point where "y"s looked like "v"s
>My dad kept fucking with his phone every 5 minutes
>He didn't get the point of it
>Idiot next to me kept autisticlly squirming
It was a bad experience

That "American" girl was fucking terrible but she had her "L"s down

>God Warriors in Godzilla tail at the end
>The Yuguchi task force extract them
>Military wants to know how to utilize Godzilla's powers
>Yuguchi task force puts binds on them and has people pilot them from inside to fight off other kaiji
>Anno makes a live action Evangelion that's in the same universe as Godzilla

Look at all the Godzilla x Evangelion merchandise and look at Evangelion units without their bindings/armor

tell that to mechagodzilla's snapped neck

EVANGELION LIVE ACTION IS GOING TO HAPPEN

>"I care about story and characters, something I can care about"
>has a massive MCU Captain America statue in the background

is this dude known for more than persona livestreams since that's all i recognize him from

Get this monster movie garbage off of Cred Forums, crossboarder.

You don't know anything about cinema.

Post your favorite Shin Godzilla song from the movie
youtube.com/watch?v=E8c-UPVYR_Q
I really enjoy this one alot.

>Because it looked cool.
Movies aren't about looking cool. They're about photographing the reflection of reality. Go away and take your kind with you.

Fuck off.

This is film music. youtube.com/watch?v=EbowH6D2l_c

I came when this started
m.youtube.com/watch?v=72a7F1SF8Vk

Fuck off and take your shit taste with you.

Just got out.

Fucking awesome film. Holy shit, Godzilla really feels like a force of nature here and the music usage in this film is hype as fuck, especially when Godzilla first appears and all this choir music starts playing.

The only major downside is that it probably goes for about 10-15 minutes too long, they should have cut the pointless storyline with the US chick (Female Kaji) as she basically added nothing to the storyline and her english was terribad. I literally couldn't understand what the fuck she was saying 90% of the time.

>That super high pitched whine of Godzilla's beam

Instant erection.

Look out fellas we got a retard in the board namely Report and hide post!

That was too fucking hype. My inner child felt appeased hearing this again.
Who Will Know is the best original piece, and the scene it was used in was the best in the movie.

Please no, why the fuck would anyone want that

Del Toro did, and we all saw how that turned out.

youtube.com/watch?v=ow8U1NQfBGg
>B-But this is last part of the ending credits...
Because FUCK YOU I'M A HEISEIFAG

>Fucking awesome film.
I'm going to stop you there. Moving pictures aren't about being pretty pictures, they're artistically about ideas, concepts, characters, and plots with a basis in reality. When you move an audience, you need to enrapture with relatability, momentum, and teaching. Monsters are not real. They belong in fairy tales.

Except we see in the first 10 minutes of this film the sort of shit Godzilla can do and how much damage he does. So there is tension right throughout the film.

Unlike the 2014 snorefest where there's fucking nothing until the very end, then everything is covered in smoke so you can't even see the damage.

This movie was fucking dope as fuck. Even my friend who knows nothing about Godzilla and hates disaster movies, said this movie was fucking fantastic.

It's all worth it for the battle scenes anyway.

The retards are everyone in this thread eating up this trash. Crossboarders are not welcome. Begone.

If you want to discuss fairy tales

Shut the fuck up. The original Goiira is an iconic film because the way the monster serves as a metaphor for the carelessness and destructive potential of humanity.
Are you such a retard that you think anything not steep in total realism can't be called art? Because, if so, you're ignore almost all fiction that was crafted by the ancients, and much of the classic Greek, Roman, Gaelic, and Anlgo tales that modern genre fiction was eventually derived from.
You dumb fuck, freshman year film student, neo-elitist, hipster faggot.

Did anything happen after the credits?

>I'm betting all the white "Americans" in this film were Russians on vacation that they picked off the street

This could be the case, but it's the same with literally every Japanese movie I've seen.

I think it's more they talk super slow, so japanese subtitles can stay on screen for longer.

Nope.

RELEASE THE FUCKING TORRENT NOW!!1!!!

It doesn't matter if you have occasionally high concepts or satire in your work, if you have little to no basis in reality, it's certainly not art. Godzilla is in no way art as say How the West Was Won, Spartacus, The Apartment, All bout Eve, Howard's End, or Cape Fear. It's merely escapist b-movie affair that happens to have social commentary. Now take your bullshit off of this board. You don't belong here. Big Brother talk belongs here more than this shit.

>living in literally the middle of fucking nowhere so the nearest cinema can only be reached by multiple hours in a car
Why do Americans do this?

USA is literally the bad guy in this movie, even more so than Godzilla.

>The original Goiira is an iconic film
>iconic
>film

Iconic doesn't mean anything. That's pop culture, not art. Nothing but a midnight monster picture.

>doesn't realise art is subjective
Hmm, really invites you to fire your cerebral cortex neutrons

>modern genre fiction was eventually derived from.
Good thing I don't consume petty genre fiction.

BEWARE OF ANNO SHILLS! THE MOVIE IS VERY MEDIOCRE, BASICALLY JUST SUITED MEN TALKING FOR 120 MINUTES

You sound like a fucking retard. Spartacus is an inaccurate, over blown recounting of historical events that were poorly documented to begin with.
How is creating a fictional character based loosely on a real historical figure and making him a paragon of modern (at the time), and not period accurate social values anything but escapism? Do you even think before using big words to sound smart?
And you never responded to my second point. According to your evaluation, all the classic pieces of Greek literature are what? Escapist high fantasy?
Beowulf is what? An old-timey comic book?
Anyone with a lick of sense wouldn't limit their outlook in such a ridiculous manner as you.
Art comes in many forms, and metaphor is certainly not a dis-qualifier.
Back then, there was no such thing as genre fiction.

It's not subjective. It's theorized from logical objectivity. Monstershit is on an even lower rung than capeshit because at least capeshit involves humans.

Go back to /lit/, Artfag.
You can never entertain people.

So it was Civil War but with formal suits.

>It's theorized from logical objectivity
You don't know what you're saying any more than I do, so okay.

>theater empties as credits start to role
>only me and like 6 other people remain hoping for something after the last screen crawl
>nothing

Films are the photograph of the reflection of reality.
They are all fictional, but those that are of the artistic elite teach. The 1960 Spartacus, like any great film, has multiple layers upon layers of moral quandry and features a tragic ending. This is all extrapolated from the novel based on the story of the legendary Spartacus. Godzilla is taken from nothing. It's a retelling of another picture about a fictional monster, it's a fairy tale. Monsters are not real, humans are real, they're also a hell of a lot more interesting than feral fictitious creatures.

>Godzilla is taken from nothing.
Jesus Christ have you ever heard of Godzilla? Are you at all aware of the historical context that the original film was made in, or the subtext that it had and many others (including Shin Godzilla) have? Educate yourself, because you just sound ignorant right now.

Go back to Cred Forums or Cred Forums if you want meager entertainment since you and me both know neither of those are art mediums.

>Cred Forums is not for entertainment
WOW

Trust me, pal. I know my film history, but it doesn't matter what social commentary you label on, it's still only a creature feature. Historically important merely for pop culture sake.

You're really putting your ignorance on display here.
Godzilla is a story that turns the careless destructive fury of man and "personifies" it in the form of a giant creature that senselessly and inconsiderately destroys all in its path.
He is a metaphor for the use of the atomic bomb, and in the original film, a new, even more destructive technology is create to destroy him, but its creator takes it to the grave with him to ensure it cannot be used in the same way atomic energy was.
>has multiple layers upon layers of moral quandry and features a tragic ending
It matches your wording here to the nines. The morality of using science for war and destruction and the tragedy of brilliant men used to commit acts of atrocity.
It's grounded in actual events and told through the lense of the people who actually felt those events. Not through fools 2000 years later.
Why is this an argument? Why are you so adamant that a movie with non-human creatures is only just that?
What do you even mean? How is the droping of the atomic bombs "Historically important merely for pop culture sake."?
You're mind-numbingly stubborn. Who is the professor who drilled this stupidity into your head? Because he's an envious old fool who's just mad his noir "epic" was never produced.

If it involves human beings and real creatures, then it's fine. Natural disasters are real (though not a very good plot catalyst), Godzilla is not.

Well I can't put it any more eloquently than has so, bye bye , have fun with your purple prose bait.

>and "personifies" it in the form of a giant creature that senselessly and inconsiderately destroys all in its path.
That's hokey schlock.

To put Spartacus on the equivalent level of a creature feature is asinine and only shows your ignorance. You're not from here are you, stranger?

This is cinema youtube.com/watch?v=w0cXyGVsUjs

Imaginary monsters shooting lazers out of their mouths tearing down cities is not.

>That's hokey schlock.
To you, perhaps. But consider context. The Japanese people were the ones who felt the devastation of the atomic bomb. Nearly 200,000 killed, many more displaced, injured, left homeless and distraught.
To you it sounds "hokey", but to someone from a country that, say, never saw the inception of slavery, the story of Spartacus would seem corny and misguided.
That said, I think it's clear that you're stuck in your way. Instead of arguing any actual points, you keep referring to Gojira as a "creature feature" and ignoring my points about classic literature and the actual themes and messages of the film.
Go on thinking what you will and limiting yourself to a handful of films that someone else has told you are what you should consider good.

What happened to this Kubrickfag
Somebody said Kubrick stole ideas from Invasion of Astro-Monster?

Human slavery is a real concept. Usurping the law and gathering hordes of likeminded slaves for the pursuit of equality only to be slaughtered like cattle and then crucifixed in front of your child is real, a battling of real ideals and people.

To personify real hardship and events such as the Atomic bomb as a lazer-shooting lizard is not only corny but terribly insulting. This is one prime reason why a large majority of Japanese media is garbage. It's all escapist schlock. Only a select few from that country understood the medium of cinema and how it offers the ability to teach and communicate realistic concepts.

This is just an example of cultural ignorance, then. The dragon is a timeless symbol of Japanese folklore.
In the West, particularly in the Anglo-Saxon West, we don't have such symbols. So, to you, it's a silly concept. But to the people of Japan, it was a perversion of a symbol as reverent to them as, say, a nation's flag may be to us.
You can't discount an artistic expression because it's not in line with your own cultural understandings. Especially not if it is contextually sound and effective.

You sound very dubiously concerned about Japanese media and culture, more so than the fundamentals of cinema. I suggest you go back to where you came from.

It's a just coincidence

No, I just understand that, if you're going to judge a piece of art, you have to take context and culture into consideration.
I don't understand how or why you refuse to. Like I said, you're just limiting yourself as a consumer of film and fiction.
Either way, it's been pretty fun arguing with you, but I have to get sleep.

>It's not cinema because I can't understand it
Fuck off fascist

Kubrick you fucking hack

>i like godzilla
>but not enough to want the movie to show him
o.O seriously? you're literally, actually, unironically defending a practice of spending your time and money to watch something that cucks you out of your time and money? To tease you? To not deliver to you what you want to see? You WANT that?

Really?

You don't understand anything. You're ignoring the artistic fundamentals of cinema. I understand other boards such as Cred Forums, Cred Forums, and Cred Forums like their escapist schlock, but film requires reality to be artistically substantial. It's precisely why Golden Age Hollywood refused to fund or make creature features, and now the ignorant masses have ruined cinema by adopting capeshit, animation, and now the reprisal of monster flicks.

Far from it.

>King Kong 1933

t. never seen Jaws

Way to reply

Can someone explain that ending to me? Were those human skeletons or humanoid monsters? Are they godzilla spawn?

Seriously, that movie gave me fucking chills. Simultaneously terrifying, and goofy.

Back to

Just leave this thread.

>S-Stop talking about Godzilla in this Godzilla thread!

you're a faggot

that's what they look like yes, idk what else they would be

_________________WHO WILL KNOW_________________

>W-Why are you telling me to discuss films on a film and television discussion board?

Your lot are clearly crossboarders and don't belong here. Mods ought to close this thread.

torrent fucking WHEN

>crossboarders dont belong on here
>people on Cred Forums don't belong on Cred Forums
yeah they better close this thread quick, before you spout more cancer

Read the rules. Lurk before you speak.

You should at least know about a medium or a board and its culture first and foremost if you're going to partake in it. Now do so, adapt, or leave.

>the entire "folding" plot point did absolutely nothing to change that was going on
what
the folding is what gives them the proper structure for the coagulant

>Cred Forums catalog is full of superhero, sci-fi and horror movie thread
>b-but this board is only for art!
Ha

>Are they godzilla spawn?
That's what I took from it. Remember when the scientist said Godzilla was evolving? I felt that Godzilla had begun to adapt to an environment where humans were the dominant lifeform. Maybe in the next movie there'll be Godzilla-people walking around.

the guy asked a question about the end of godzilla and then you told him to leave. idk about rules since i dont bother, but you seem like an idiot

The folding thing was just unnecessary though. They could have just had the scientists stare at it a bit longer, then go 'oh it's a coagulant'.

Actually that's dumb, never mind.

Godzilla is a film.

>movies
>art

You read this book didn't you? What are they teaching you on Cred Forums? You're implying Godzilla and The Muppet Movie are art? Where is this propoganda coming from? Why don't you read from some LEGITIMATE critics and theorists.

You'd probably think they're not if you only absorb capeshit and creature features.

No it's a flick.

can someone tell me what this fuck this sperglord is trying to say

>comic books

Go back to or wherever you came from

No it's a kįñēmåthęqùë xD

That the movie we're discussing isn't a movie, I think. It's kind of weird.

You and I both know it's a flick. Nothing more.

nothing wrong that.

Heisei had some of Ifukube's top shit.

>governments getting together to discuss how to defeat a giant monster which is not only plagueing their city but is morphing into horrifying shapes, reminding them of the ancient paintings of Hell and demons
yeah no way is it a flick

>King Louie was a Gigantopithecus
To this day I do not understand this fucking decision.

>A director being inspired = hack
Not in the slightest.

Every piece of film is inspired by something.

It's a giant lizard that shoots lazers. It's a looney cartoon concept that in no way denotes true filmic quality. Reacquaint yourself with basic structuralist film theory.

Reacquaint yourself with the stick in your ass.

Godzilla is inspired by medieval/ancient art of demons, horrible things which frighten us.

That is a reason which I declare this a film and not a flick nor a movie. It is far bigger than that.

Godzilla is NOT meant to be on the human's side nor meant to be super friendly.

He is meant to be an evil destructive demon.

This Godzilla film had perhaps the best design of Godzilla ever with the morphing.

This. Anno is even worse than Kubrick.

It's a kaiju eiga

I didn't catch the swastika. Or being friends with Germany. When was that?

Yeah and David Lynch and the new crew for the 1984 Dune movie were inspired by Jodorowsky's 1973 Dune movie which never got made to ask a band to compose the music, get musicians and rock stars to play lead characters (all which Jodorowsky was going to do).

There is nothing wrong with tributes, art being inspired by other art.

Can you blame a movie for using the same wideshot or certain close up? Of course not because those shots are so affective for filmmaking.

You know I don't speak Spanish.

I was kidding anyway. Kubrick, and 2001, are untouchable.

I'll tell you what it's called. It's bullshit. A fairy tale.

It's strange... something about Kubrick's wideshots are just so unique and intriguing compared to any other wideshot of a room that you see in other films.

I cannot put my finger on it but something about it just screams "Kubrick".

Probably just a coincidence

No it's "kinoprojekt" (or kinoprojekte if you are referring to more than one)

Hollywood is running out of ideas.

At least this Anno Godzilla was 100% fresh

I agree. The Odyssey sucked as well. Gilgamesh, The Iliad, The Norse sagas, The Tale of Genji, Journey to the West, Sir Gawain and the Green Knight, Utopia, Doctor Faustus, The Tempest, Paradise Lost, The Time Machine, 20,000 Leagues, Lord of the Rings, these all contain fantastical events that didn't happen so they must be garbage.

Lol

>an evil character is scarred
Holy shit how unoriginal, what a bunch of hacks

All bullshit. Older doesn't mean better. Go watch some experimental documentaries and read some nonfiction. Either that or take your shit taste with you, grow the fuck up, and leave

Isn't he the guy who cried because his hero Rich Evans jokingly dissed his channel in an RLM video

Wow you sure showed me

>yfw the first sci-fi / fanyasy film was made in 1902

It's the composition.

Can people stop shilling this junk.

Thx :^)

Wow, you just gave up didn't you?
No one can be so retarded to either honestly call that entire list bullshit or to think we'd believe you were sincere after that.

>yfw the first time travel adventure story was made in 1895
The most underrated and greatest book which changed the world and inspired so much cinema.

It is okay my child, we forgive you. You are on Cred Forums of course you will have stupid opinions. Someone always does.

Nice bait.

If you're gonna learn something, you're gonna learn it from reality. Quit reading and watching so many fairy tales and actually look outside for once. It's probably why you watch this dumb flick. Because you can't stand reality and have a shit life, so you waste your time. You didn't learn anything from that giant monster movie. You didn't walk away a better person. You just saw pretty pictures. It was cheap entertainment, a quick thrill. Now go back to so you can continue frolicking in cheap flaccid entertainment

>You only appreciate the objective quality of literature because you have a shitty life.
If you were real I'd say you were projecting.
What's your next absurd post going to be?

What are you going to learn through reading genre fiction?

Stop. I'll answer that question for you. Nothing.

>come in thread thinking there will be a serious Godzilla talk about the newest movie.
>Sees nothing but shitposting.
Dissapointing.

Nobody can stop this kaiju ride

Stories about giant monsters aren't real. You'd have to be very childish to enjoy that shit.

>The thoughts, expressions and imaginations of other people don't enrich your perception and widen your viewpoint
Tell me next how I'm a cuck and Trump is the messiah.

>No argument so I'll post a picture to mock him
Real mature. Explains why you watch giant monster movies.

No one claimed they were real user.
You do realise what board you're on, right?

newhumanist.org.uk/5052/why-poetry-is-good-for-the-rational-mind

No, instead of sidestepping, genuinely tell me what you learned after watching the big monster smash some buildings. Go ahead. Tell me. In what way were you "enriched"?

Who said I was?
Entertainment is supposed to entertain.

I felt a sensation that was like the pleasure of being cummed inside. Are you familiar with it?

Yeah, I know what board I'm on, and I'm telling you to fuck off.

>YFW there is actually people that won't talk about Godzilla which is the thread topic and it gets thrown into more shitposting not of Shin Gojira.

The board about tv shows and movies.
What part of TV shows and movies did you read as outside and being enlightened?

The scenes with Big G were great, but much like G'14, I wish there was more of them. The other 80 percent of the movie is an impersonal ensemble cast sitting in conference rooms, trying to figure out how to kill him, and occasionally bitching about how the rest of the world is a bunch of big meanies to Japan. It was basically the Ramiel episode of Evangelion, stretched out over two hours. The ending was kind of anticlimactic too.

I still enjoyed it, but it's probably not even in my top 5 favorite Godzilla movies. Top 10, sure.

>pleasure
That's not learning. If you want pleasure, why don't you get laid instead of sitting in a dark room watching a screen.

And that's the thing. This monster flick is nothing but cheap entertainment. It's not quality. It attract these types of people All plebs that are neither from here nor belong.

Apologize.

Again, why are you on the board for TV shows and movies if all you want to do is complain about the subject of the board? Makes you seem like a desperate troll.

>Quality is objective
>Objectively based on my own opinions
Was it autism?

Plebs with shit taste watch monster movies.

Stop hanging around in model cities, and get back to working on Eva 1.0+3.0, you fucking hack fraud!

But you've been arguing all movies and all literature are objectively worthless compared to going outside and learning.

The concept of Shin Godzilla is "Fiction(Godzilla) vs Reality(Japan)".
But for some people, Japan itself is the fiction too.
It can't be helped that they feel like it's a fairy tale.

I'm cleaning the garbage off the board. Discuss good movies, not shit. Or at least don't imply shit is anything but. People native to Cred Forums know the culture and know what is good. Only crossboarders like schlock like Godzilla and Iron Man

>post yfw you realize that fucking cuck of a doctor created Godzilla because his wife died from radiation

It's fucking Gendo all over again

You aren't clearing anything though. You're just shitposting. Once this thread dies a new one will take its place. If big mean Japanese monsters trigger you, maybe use filters?

If the fact other people existing with tastes you disagree with triggers you, you are profoundly autistic and maybe need to consider bleach.

Just call mods, faggot.
If they ignore you, just fuck off.

I can't wait to see it. I asked my local cinema if they could show it but they never answered back.

youtube.com/watch?v=lb13ynu3Iac

Giant monsters don't exist.

Human slavery does, disease does, death does, human trafficking does, child abuse does, imperialism does, police brutality does. These are all real concepts involving real people. Giant lizards shooting lazers out of their mouths aren't real. They're for B movies.

So what?

Are you aware of metaphors...?

Just watch Godzilla '84 and Evangelion, and you'll basically get the same experience. The webms on here have already spoiled every scene with Godzilla in it anyway.

Movies actually exist for the only purpose of fiction as well as literature.

If you want real life, just go out.

>skipping arm day

At least ShinGodzilla is so powerful and even ARTfag can't ignore it.
This thread prove it.

Actually no. But that's why you should watch documentaries and read nonfiction, retard.

You sound bootyblasted, maybe you know this is true.

: ^ )

>Triggered by fiction
>Perplexed by metaphor
You might be more autistic than the average Brony.

You need to get off this board or develop better tastes and adapt.

You need to learn how to filter threads that upset you.

Your parents should've told you reading those comic books or watching those monster movies would rot your brain?

You need to learn to stay on your own board.

No one cares about gookshit here.

Your parents should've told you how to write a question.

Give me an honest answer.
Do you honestly not understand that Godzilla is a metaphor?

Why don't you go to other capeshit threads?

Its a movie.
This is the board for movies.
This is Cred Forums.
Everyone cares about gookshit.

Not on Cred Forums or /out/ which are the only boards I frequent. If you like cartoons, stay on your own board.

The question mark was supposed to be a period, but of course, you can't edit your posts.

I know what a metaphor is, but you don't need to be a giant lizard shooting lazers to be a metaphor because you're certainly not a good legitimate film.

Nobody can ignore this kaiju ride

Why don't you take your capeshit friends with you. But if you check the catalog, it's a good time as there doesn't seem to be any. So that begs the question. Why the fuck is there a Godzilla thread up? This isn't Cred Forums.

This isn't a cartoon though you moron.
That answer regarding the metaphorical nature of Godzilla is nonsense. All you are doing is asserting an opinion as a fact.
You're arguing the fact he's a monster isn't real and therefore its stupid. The irony being that you don't even attempt to grasp the metaphor beyond the most superficial and surface depth reading.

If you don't understand that fiction can serve as a means to enlighten via metaphor, you are far more stupid than you realise.

Because Godzilla is a movie and Cred Forums is for anime which are cartoons.

You are not very intelligent it seems.

>Live action film belongs on Cred Forums
Are you actually retarded?
Like, do you live in a home with people employed to help you dress and wipe your arse?

I don't like the guy, but I agree with a lot of his points here. The movie was not worth it.

Wait did he actually use miniatures or was it all CGI?

I can't tell. I haven't seen the movie yet but judging by a behind the scenes video it looks like Zilla is half CGI but also miniature in some shots.

Someone please help explain

calling it now
Godzilla is the corpses of all the japs that died in World War 2 mixed with that nuclear waste
He'll evolve and turn everybody into tang and become one with them

Its miniatures with CG enhancements. Some shots are a dude in a runner suit enhanced, some shots are pure cg made to look rubber suity.

Yes, fiction can enlighten via metaphor, but you don't have to deal with imaginary creatures to get across that point. That defeats the purpose of cinema. If you truly knew film history and theory, you'd know this. Now if you primarily consume cartoons, blockbusters, capeshit, and supernatural horror flicks you'd probably contest otherwise, but you'd still be wrong.

hmm I wish it was 95% miniature but good enough.

Movies need to use more practicals

If you want a proper use of metaphor in Japanese film, watch The Insect Woman.

Godzilla is schlock.

>Human slavery does, disease does, death does, human trafficking does, child abuse does, imperialism does, police brutality does. These are all real concepts involving real people
Wait you forgot racism
>No one cares about gookshit here.
Oh

The purpose of cinema according to you seems to be to inform others of reality. Now you have accepted metaphor can enlighten and inform, you really don't seem to have a point beyond "I don't like it."

Your tastes =/= objective truth.

That's just a matter of taste though. What's your point?

That you assume your taste is objectively correct?

See here Art is not subjective. It's theorized from logical objectivity.

>Art is not subjective
If you wanted to bow out, you only had to ask.

Video games, japanimation, and cartoons aren't art. Cinema is. Now leave, crossboarder. Take your monstershit with you.

Your entire grasp of art is fundamentally flawed is the point. We're done. Feel free to scream in autistic rage as the thread autosages.

>japanimation
>lt's fucking 2016
>use "japanimation"
grandpa please

If you're offended, go back to where you came from.

>Confusing mockery for offence
No one anywhere still uses "Japanimation" as a term.

I do. That's what it is. Animation from Japan. It's not art. It's just a cartoon. Cinema is real. It's what makes it an art of contemplation, an intellectual and spiritual exercise meant to restore our relation to the world. Take your fairy tales elsewhere. No snow whites and winnie the poohs. Give me ordinaries in extraordinary situations.

>I do.
Well, the term these days is anime.
Try using it so you don't look quite so retarded in future, OK?

Cinema is not real, and it is one of the most lowbrow arts, the fact that you praised Spartaco makes you look like a total pleb.

>Cinema
>art

lol
Doesn't come close to literature or music.

You're arguing with a guy who called The Odyssey, Gilgamesh, The Iliad, The Norse sagas, The Tale of Genji, Journey to the West, Sir Gawain and the Green Knight, Utopia, Doctor Faustus, The Tempest, Paradise Lost, The Time Machine, 20,000 Leagues and Lord of the Rings "all bullshit because old".

I'm not from Japan and I don't care about their culture. I'll call their animation whatever I want to.

Baseless statements. It's the most important art of them all. Why read about it when you can see it before you? Actions speak louder than words.

This is about fidelity of message between people online though.
I mean sure, call anime Japaninmation.
Call Coca Cola bubbly wubbly browny sugar juice too if you like.
Just expect to be mocked for sounding like a retard.

I didn't say "bullshit because old". I said they're nothing but fairy tales. Pages with meaningless fluff about imaginary creatures. They say nothing more important about society compared to something akin to Intolerance or Spartacus.