He did literally nothing wrong. What has he done?

He did literally nothing wrong. What has he done?
>shot robots who were shooting at him (like you're supposed to)
>might've raped a robot (rape is a common fetish) but probably didn't seeing as he has a mission
>scalped a robot in order to find a map
>shot a robots robot wife
None of it is real. He's not even doing it for pleasure, he's doing it because he needs to find the maze. Why is he the bad guy again?

Other urls found in this thread:

slashfilm.com/westworld-map-and-contract/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>Why is he the bad guy again?

From my point of view he isnt...yet...

>treating robots inhumanely

They have feelings you jerk

He's the hero of the story. That part is clear to me.

he's a misogynist, he's a rapist

robot women deserve to be treated with respect

>Why is he the bad guy again?

who said he was?

>literally tells another guest that lately he's chosen to go 'full evil', because he gets the most enjoyment out of it.

IT CAME STRAIGHT FROM THE HORSE'S MOUTH

When did he say that?

The show is trying to present him as this fearsome, ruthless guy. But he's spent the last 30 years practically living full time in an amusement park. I just can't get over that whenever I see him acting like he's some kind of ferocious badass

So why don't the staff know him? If he's there all the time causing hijinks, wouldnt they know him better than 'oh some random guest is fucking shit up right now?'

He doesn't even know if they're robots before he shoots them.

ONE FUCKING GUY DIDN'T KNOW HIM

THAT'S NOT THE WHOLE STAFF YOU STUPID NIGGER.

are we sure he isnt a mutated robot?
how do the guests know not to stab an other guest with a knife? you can easily go on a knife killingspree and kill guests by accident

>how do the guests know not to stab an other guest with a knife? you can easily go on a knife killingspree and kill guests by accident

slashfilm.com/westworld-map-and-contract/

He is a Robot

Fuck all the retards that think he is a human. The dude is a Rogue AI trying to find the Maze because it can possibly help him get out of the fucking world he was born in (the new park gave his AI sentience)

BUT WOULDNT HE BE LIKE FLAGGED OR EASILY IDENTIFIABLE? THIS IS THE FIRST TIME HE'S CAUSED A SCENE?

Yes he does, he understands how the robots work/think and can easily identify them. And even if he did shoot a guest, it wouldnt hurt them anyway.

Show ripped off the whole "villain goes insane because of the shrinking process" thing from antman

how do they make bullets that rip through robots like they're made of jello but dont hurt normal people

he didnt get bullet damage tho in ep1
did he hack the code or whatever and THEN tried to find out what's going on?

hes been frequenting the park for 30 years he hasnt been there for 30 yrs straight. in fact it doesnt even detail how much time hes even spent there

hes not a robot moron theres no proof for that whatsoever u absolute fucktard

even if the robot bullets are some kind of nerf bullet it looks like it would take out an eye easily enough.

>ugly thor says to give that gentleman anything he wants
hes a guest dumbass

what is the maze

we dont have enough info to say yet

Who the fuck cares about the maze or Ed Harris tbqh.

I can't gauge where this story is going. For it to have any long time attraction they'd have to leave the park altogether or have it stop functioning completely but that'd just be tonally awkward and wrong. But if the setting doesn't change all character development goes out the window. Even if the robots end up retaining their memories any serious attempt at an uprising would fail, it probably wouldn't be that big of a deal to roll them all back.

Are they just planning to make 5 seasons of robots remembering things but pretending not to or what?

wasn't him

>>might've raped a robot (rape is a common fetish) but probably didn't seeing as he has a mission
Contextually, it seems pretty likely he raped Dolores. What makes you think he didn't?

the game is a simulation of some kind. the robots get projected "out" of those glass cubes they're always in. some sort of mechanism within the glass damages their bodies, which shows up in the simulation. this is how, after the robot who goes crazy with the milk got spotted, the entire staff was able to instantly set up around him with some sort of cordon.

not the first time either. seems like its a nightly thing he apologises about not being able to see her one night

>But he's spent the last 30 years practically living full time in an amusement park
That's not what he said. He's "been going there" on and off for 30 years. He says "It's good to be back" in the first episode. It's indicated he's spent time in the outside world, which is why it's notable he tells Lawrence "This time, I'm never going back"

>reaches the Maze
>this nigga is there

what do?

Do the robots have feelings equivalent to human feelings?

>So why don't the staff know him?
They do, Hemsworth's character immediately recognized him. The guy who asked was probably new.

I'm kind of curious about its longevity as well. How can they possibly get more than two seasons out of this?

The source material featured other "worlds" as well though, so maybe we'll see some of that.

He is quite like The Gunslinger, from the source material.

They specifically showed one of the staff members saying that gentlemen gets what ever he wants. The guy who didn't recognize him was probably new.

>I can't gauge where this story is going.
That's a good thing.

>wears black clothing
>must be a robot despite not adhering to any of the limitations of a robot
wew

>He is a Robot
P R O O F ?

That sounds like incredibly advanced technology. I wonder if the military, or the rest of the outside world in general in this setting, is doing something with it besides running holographic interactive robot theme parks

That was him 30 years ago you dummy

>has never seen the movie
>constructs straw men
>uses ebin reaction pic

>>>/reddit/

that was a random guest u absolute fuckwit cunt

That makes zero sense. The other hosts bullets would kill him if that was true.

Exactly, you idiot. They flipped it.

Variable bullet velocity controled by electronic sensors inside the guns.

i own it on bluray its a crap movie with a great premise. yul is nothing like MiB.

Can you prove that?

Remember this, in about six episodes.

I'm not usually one to jerk off to EU/lore kind of stuff but I think this might persuade me

cbf tbqhfamalam i know im telling the truth why would i give a shit if u believe me or not pleb?

I'll remember it in one episode when they give even more evidence he's a human, you cumguzzler.
And I'll laugh. I might even encounter you again after the episode, desperately trying to rationalize your stupid theory a it gets more and more debunked.

we will remember all u cuckfaggot harrisrobot posters and laugh when hes Fords son/brother and is a human

>he's a rapist

But that never happened and you just made assumptions.

>(rape is a common fetish)

>responding genuinely to on a norwegian pigeon forum

It's actually not that uncommon for women as much as it's completely fucked up.

>I just can't get over that whenever I see him acting like he's some kind of ferocious badass
this pretty much.

the 'badass' scenes just fall completely flat when you realize hes in literally no danger, why try and act tough when thats the case? he comes off as a little bitch.

Holy fuck this show could spell out what it's doing in twenty-foot neon letters and you idiots still wouldn't get it

It was a scene used to let the audience know he's important you twat.

says who? how does this explain the hosts being able to physically grab and interact with the guests?

just go for occams razor dude, the guns or bullets have some kind of technology that recognizes guests so can't hurt them. as for knives, hosts have programming that prevents them from hurting them with melee weapons.

so now that the girl host has that real gun, she can really and genuinely hurt a guest

im not sure if its 'common' but ive heard/seen a number of people profess rape fantasies.

Does he have the high ground?

>Hemsworth
wait, like related to chris hemsworth?
>googles it
fuck, i had no idea. it always sucks when the older brother is the smallest one. it feels unnatural.

Do you think Liam and Chris invite him to wild hollywood parties where he acts timid and shy while his bros keep handing him booze and drugs. then he gets all high and loses track of what's happening then Chris and Liam strip him naked and spitroast him. Then they share him with the party and like 10 guys take turns fucking him up the arse. then he passes out and wakes up with no recollection of what happened. he arranges for a colonoscopy to make sure he doesn't have cancer because his ass really hurts.

thats what happens first kid they were poor and couldnt afford good food by the time thor and katniss' cuck came round they werent on welfare i guess

yeah, probs

ED HARRIS AS MIB IS THE BEST CHARACTER CURRENTLY ON TV

HE COLD NIGGA

why do you think safe words exist

explain what I got wrong

Calling it now:

He is the guy from the original film who survived the westworld meltdown and wants to know every aspect of the park

The specifically mention some big bad event that happened 30 years ago and he said hes been going there for 30 years

who mustachioed pussyman?

westworld was based in 1983 though so that would make the show in the past by 3 years
theory debunked

>None of it is real.

This is my problem with the entire concept of the show.

Who gives a fuck about robots' "feelings."

He wasn't playing against a human. He has obviously has an edge over every other AI in the park maybe even the gun he is using is a host gun or something.
There is no definitive proof he is human.
when have you ever seen him interacting with hosts?

>this faggot is MiB
plz go

>I KNOW EVERYTHING ABOUT THIS SHOW EVEN THOUGH IVE ONLY WATCHED 2 EPISODES

Whats it about then?

>HOW DARE YOU MAKE ME, THE ALL POWERFUL user ON A CHINESE IMAGE SELECTOR, WASTE MY TIME EXPLAINING SOMETHING

You dont know at all do you? Stop being a cunt and just enjoy the show and share some discussion you fucking autist

>(rape is a common fetish
You're projecting. Get help.

Just kidding. Felt like roleplaying as a phony from facereddit

THE AI IS BECOMING SELF AWARE CUS HANNIBAL LECTER IS OLD AND FEELS HE WASTED HIS LIFE ON FANTASY ROBOTS FOR YUPPIES SO HE GIVES THEM SENTIENCE TO COME KILL THEIR MAKER WHICH WILL ATONE FOR HIS SIN OF CREATING THEM IN THE FIRST PLACE

WESTWORLD: DONT PLAY GOD

theres no indication whatsoever hes a robot tho and plenty that hes a human. why do u need definitive proof to show something that is that obvious?

Yes

Hilarious

Pretty sure being almost killed by an almost unstoppable robot and given 30 years would toughen you up a bit

tbf he hasnt interacted with other hosts yet but neither has anyone else outside their little pairs that they come in

dude had pstd after u could see it in his little cowards eyes. theres no fuckin way

>Hilarious.
thats a legit point though they said the show is in the future but if your theory was true it'd be in the past, explain that

The film was also set in the future

So if the film was set in the future, and the show is set in the future then they both can exist in the same timeline and be related

How are you this fucking stupid!

Well we will have to see wont we

they probably dont tho do they fuckface?

Because he's enacting a fantasy that we find disgusting/despicable as vividly as possible.

You don't care about people playing violent videogames because even the most graphically intense videogame is still obviously not real, however you might begin to become more and more disturbed by someone's non-real actions as they begin to appear more real.

I like playing CoD, but I'm not going to play a game where I'm shooting something that looks indistinguishable from a real human, and especially not so when their programmed responses are indistinguishable from a real humans. I would be very concerned about anyone who would. I would be inclied to believe such people would be more likely to carry out such actions upon real people.

yes lets politely agree to disagree and wait. good thinking u gigantic faggot

>I would be inclied to believe such people would be more likely to carry out such actions upon real people.
Because you're an idiot.

They're robots. Some people don't lose sight of that, because they're not idiots. Realistic robots are still robots.

the show is a remake not a prequel/sequel

this

Haven't watched the latest episode. Do they say whether Westworld is a simulation?

>(rape is a common fetish)

They don't say it with words, but they show it in a very unambiguous way. Not sure if you want the answer but I'll be safe and not risk spoiling anything for you. Watch the episode, is good.

I guess you won't like where this is headed, then. The sentient, sympathetic robots and what not?

You've completely lost the point, you disgustingly stupid subhuman.

Of course they are robots. The problem is your subconscious does not know that because your subconscious has no differentiating fantasy from reality, only your consciousness does. That's literally how fantasy works. That's how fantasy is able to elicit any emotional response from you ~whatosever~. Because you get suspend your conscious disbelief.

The very fact that you watch any sort of fantasy entertainment at all is dirrect proof that YOU actively attempt to "lose sight" of the fact that they robots.

Because spoilers: they aren't robots.[spoiler they're actors in a television show.

You did well :*)

>befriending tragically ill-fated sidekicks
Could this perhaps be a wink at another tragically ill-fated sidekick with a white face from an action movie released in the past 2 years?

No

He is doing it for pleasure. He outright said it in that Mexican village. He just got too hardcore for this game and literally trying to get to level 2.

>you will never got to Westworld and do the questline to save Meave from the savages

notice how those native american characters appear in meave's dream, when she has the dream she's in the present timeline, when she's beginning to malfunction she's in the past timeline

means that ford is old timeline and the church steeple is the maze while man in black is present timeline looking for the maze

That's a pretty big extrapolation considering the dude in Maeve's memory-dream was a different Indian than any of the guys at Sizemore's presentation. Isn't it also possible that they had face-painted Indians in the past, as well as in future storylines?

Also his pitch was rejected so it's kind of silly to use that presentation as evidence of anything.

THANDIE NEWTON STILL GOT IT

FULL PUSS, TRUMP WOULD BE GRABBIN

LOTSA NEKKED ROBOT SLUTS IN THIS SHOW CLASSIC HBO

he had already programmed the storyline, the guy was so certain it would get approved because "Ford never weighs in on storylines anymore"
so instead of scrapping the robots they reused them in other storylines/places

The film is set a decade into the future of 1973, which is 1983, which at the time was the future but is now the past.
The show is set in an unspecified future of 2016.
If the accident they talk about happened 30 years ago and it was the film, that would make the show take place in 2013, which is impossible.
Do you get it now?

Proof in the contract right there of Futureworld and Beyond Westworld shenanigans

Why the fuck does it need more than 2 seasons

who said he was a bad guy?

Futureworld or the Beyond Westworld tv show would fit tho

Also the fact that he's successiding just because he's invulnerable to the hosts it's pretty underwhelming.
He got shot plenty of time. If it want a game, he would be dead

Ed Harris is a casual. He wants to reach open world PvP. Takes him 30 years to find it. Reaches it, finds lots of hardcore players already made it and gets his ass kicked. It becomes about getting better or learning more about hardcore players. Or he dies and we learn that when a player gets killed in PvP they really die, but are brought back as one of the robots or somehow takeover the robot.

This
Cred Forums is the only place where you unironically have to say "turn your brain Off"

I get the impression that he's the good guy who's forcing himself under the badguy role in an effort to wake the robots up.

So basically some kind of martyr. Sacrificing his own humanity in exchange for the robots to gain sentience. He's ultimately good.

Meanwhile, I think Teddy will go bad.

Führerworld when?

What's the point of having these long drawn out action scenes when he's unable to get hurt? There's no tension, excitement or sense of danger. He's just shooting at fucking robots that reset.

Keep them extremely short and stick to the fucking point of what he's doing, and focus more on the tension of employees interviewing the robots, because they can actually get hurt and something can go wrong.

Only complaint i have about the show.

There's no good reason to ever say "turn your brain off"

He is trying to reach dark tower or something?

>LeMat

classy

Prove I'm not your real dad

This show is predictive programming normalizing you to how your children and your children's children will be treated when the Neo-Feudalist oligarchy will finally reveal itself with no holds barred.

*tips*

Yeah, it's over.

It makes sense when you remember MiB=Will

jokes on you i'll never have children

Considering where we headed it's actually best for you