Post musicans whose lives would make a great biopic

Post musicans whose lives would make a great biopic

keith fucking richards

if you've ever read his book life you'd know why. the amount of shit that man got away with is unreal.

not him. It would have to be about Alice in Chains as a group. Layne pretty much dissolved into nothing but just drugs and never leaving the house for years until he died.

>generic white boy junky
No.

only dead people?

elliott smith is the obvious choice

i wanna see a good stevie ray biopic as well

>living under his brothers shadow with the thunderbirds
>eventually meeting bowie and going on tour
>his struggle with alcohol
>meeting his hero and recording a record with him
>seeing the trio finally blow up, add a fourth member
>die tragically in a airplane crash

>man in third most popular band of his genre at best does heroin forever then dies
riveting

Don't start, musician biopics (and biopics in general) always turn out to be shit.

ABSOLUTE SHIT

>He didn't see Classic Paul as Brian Wilson
The adult Brian parts were pretty shit, aside from based Giamatti chewing scenery.

I'd like to see one on David Lee Roth, Jimmy Page, Vince Neil, Ozzy, Steven Tyler, and Keith Moon. Rock musicians have turned into straight edged pussies, for the most part these days. It's the rappers that party now.

Tom Brady?

Even that wasn't very good as a film, just a good impersonation reenacting Pet Sounds Sessions

There's a reason I haven't seen it, and never EVER will

THEY'RE ABSOLUTE SHIT

tbqh

As much as I hate how happy it would make one of the shittiest, tasteless boards on Cred Forums, this would probably be interesting.

Our guy

im including full bands btw

yonlu
jeff rosenstock for something comfy and feelsy
nick drake, if they havent done it already
piebald
michael gira
earth
boris
hanatarash or boredoms
merzbow
battles

all interesting bands, musically and historically

>walk into theater
>sit down with your snacks
>lights dim
>Chris Hansen appears on the screen to inform you that since you're already seated, he'll skip that part, but that you're free to leave at any time

SCOOBY DOOBY DOO
WHERE ARE YOU?

>not enjoying Ghost in a monster-madness kind of way

Not even the band members take it seriously, user.

Marilyn Manson would be a pretty good movie. Read his book, "When I Was a Worm", pretty damn good.

already done, documentary at least

I've read the book. That warhead hauler story going over the cliff was fucking just absolutely unreal, but it happened.

Kek. I don't know what's funnier, the Scooby Doo reference, or that fact that user is clearly butthurt about it.

>elliott smith

there was a doc made two years ago. i haven't watched it, though, even though i'm a huge fan. i'm afraid of being let down, i guess.

*forgot da pic

SASQUAHANA COCKSUCKER

ian curtis might interesting, or lou reed

;-) one of a kind, that guy.

>unauthorized biopic just to piss him off

That'd be priceless.

>ian curtis
mate there's two already

>Ian Curtis might be interesting
Comin right up... BAM!

i guess i should have looked it up to see if there was one already

I wonder if Gira still thinks public castration is a good idea?

FEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEED MY EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEYES

I'm surprised you weren't already aware of it, given that it's one of the greatest music kinos of all time.

Hopefully the biopic will end with John Frusciante killing himself

Like hopefully he himself will

>tfw you recently remembered Lostprophets was a thing
Do they still exist?

Bach. He's arguably THE most important musician of all time, and the few films about him are utterly terrible.

Also, Beethoven would be kind of an obvious one, as his life was rather dramatic.

fucking music Kino right here

A Dave Mustaine biopic would be amazing.

Also, one about one of the early Black Metal artists, maybe Varg or Fenriz could be pretty cool

>vince neil

The Motley Crue biopic Dirt has a good script, but has been stuck in development hell for years.

A movie about the 1976-1982 era would be awesome.

CAN YOU SEW THEM SHUUUUUUUT

That book surprised me so much. I thought it was going to be trash. I don't even like Motley Crue, but it was a great biopic.

nick drake would be heartbreaking and brilliant
an hour and a half of a sad virgin never really being successful

God I hope nobody else ever makes this because I think I could genuinely make one as my big break; either in screenwriting, directing, or both

not gonna share my ideas but it's the first idea of a film I've ever had go beyond conceptualizing

Would also recommend 24 Hour Party People

>life is so hard when you are talented and do drugs, and have sex all the time
>now I found god
>the end

I would like to see this span all the way to 1988

Ronald Fucking Isley

put me down to play layne

no I'm going to do that as well; I'm very good at singing AiC. I'll need a Jerry Cantrell though

Make 'em say UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGHH

I'd watch it

>>life is so hard when you are talented and do drugs, and have sex all the time
>>now I found god
>>the end
that sounds like a great story actually