You're wrong, Leia. You have that power too. In time you'll learn to use it as I have

>You're wrong, Leia. You have that power too. In time you'll learn to use it as I have.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Uef2Mit0Qgs
youtube.com/watch?v=Ssnb-eiehoo
youtube.com/watch?v=ONDQVeoKiZw
youtube.com/watch?v=UF2YVSoBSPg
youtube.com/watch?v=Np2GwZ48jgg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Yep. Disney fucked up.

>in time

she is a woman, so by in time luke means instantly as soon as she needs it to mind trick a storm trooper or do a light saber battle with a sith?

What if in episode 7 instead of meeting up with Maz or whatever the fuck that was, Rey gets waylaid, loses her companions and encounters a creepy old witch in a grove, that turns out to be Master Leia

JUST FUCK MY STAR WARS UP

That look on his face. A beautiful misty blue background. His sincere, well thought out words to the princess. There will never be another film as good as this.

Leia was always the sibling that didnt want any of the teachings. It was like this in the EU too...

>be a powerful as fuck evil wizard
>can't stop someone picking you up and throwing you down a mine shaft

Despite being initially dazzled by TFA, I gradually realised it's not even close to as good as the original trilogy. It's completely missing a soul of any kind.

Just like Ghostbusters, Jurassic World, any of these modern revival movies/sequels/reboots/rehashes it absolutely wasn't the same and I don't know if the film industry will ever be able to capture the feeling that old movies used to have again. We'll just get CGI and nostalgia baiting and a heavy sense of manufactured-ness.

I really pity anyone who's going to grow up with the films coming out these days.

was it treason?

>Implying that Leia isn't a fully trained Jedi Knight.

Watch that will be the "I am your father" twist at the end of 8, she whips out a double-bladed saber and goes sickhouse on the Knights of Ren.

Screencap this.

You know I guess it was

Movies made by committee vs auteur

this scene looked so bad and was so awkward and unintentionally funny that if it was released today you would all laugh at it and it would become a massive meme but because you're all blinded by nostalgia and/or just go with whatever is accepted by the masses you ignore it and act like it's good.

>a mine shaft

u wot m8

>Princess Leia: Luke, what's wrong?
>Luke: Leia, do you remember your mother? Your real mother?
>Princess Leia: Just a little bit. She died when I was very young.
>Luke: What do you remember?
>Princess Leia: Just... images really. Feelings.
>Luke: Tell me.
>Princess Leia: She was... very beautiful. Kind, but sad. Why are you asking me this?
>Luke: I have no memory of my mother. I never knew her.

How does Leia remember Padme but Luke doesn't?

I agree, except for the strong emotional undercurrent that most movies lack these days too

>someone

>leia bail organa

She is remembering her adopted mom

Retcon probably.

Anakin and Padme should have had kids in Ep II, and... I can't keep track, no one could have been able to make a sensible prequel trilogy

Shes talking about Organa.

Because the prequels don't count.

Why didn't he use the force to lift him... like Yoda lifted the ship in the previous movie?

Y'know, the force, the thing that powerful Jedi use to lift heavy objects

Very good, user. I would greenlight this.

What a fucking great scene hey lads.

>My wife and I will take the girl. We've always talked of adopting a baby girl. She will be loved with us.

Didn't she sense that Han was dead at the end of The Force Awakens?

Fuck Disney and fuck Reddit. It's unforgivable how they ruined the original trilogy. Fuck them fuck them fuck them fuck them fuck them. Why can't some influential celebrity call them out? Are they all that terrified of the mouse?

>Yoda: Much anger in him... like his father
>Obi-Wan: Was I any different when you taught me?

>double bladed light saber
I wish. Anything past generic lightsaber will trigger the nostalgia fags they're trying to please with this new series.

>Yoda: You are reckless
>Obi-Wan: So was I, if you remember

Organas first wife

>The feeling that old movies have

Nostalgia?

Try tfa again in 20 years and get back to us

Anakin was more Force-capable than Yoda at 9 years old and perfected/refined his Force skills over time.

What the fuck is your point?

Yeah because no one saw Star Wars when it first came out

You're wrong. The masses blindly lap up anything Disney gives them. It's undeniable.

No one who had seen a different star wars 40 years before

Its obvious to everyone that smoke is Leia right? They didn't even bother changing the voice to hide it.

The fact is there are two good Star Wars movies and that's it

Is it confirmed that Leia has midoclorians?

Perhaps, and I'm spitballing here, in that moment he was finally Anakin again, fully and totally Anakin the man. A man who was watching his son die. The goodness that was in him, as Luke knew, overcame him and he reacted as a man who was watching his son being harmed would, with physical action. His transformation, his reemergence, occurred at that primal level; a father protecting his son.

>Facts
Your opinion is not a fact my friend but I understand you have feelings

>Sheev, don't you dare talk to me or my son ever again.

What did he mean by this?

You mean the young Jedi Anakin

>two decades after Episode 6
>Han solo is still being a cowboy asshole

Didn't Leia sense Han dying from like across the galaxy?

Maybe she's more of a Jedi Consular type, focusing on wisdom and sensing shit rather than, well, anything useful.

This also, he should have been General Solo

God dammit, Lucas.

Who fucking cares at this point. The story is so bland and predictable I can tell you what happens in VIII and IX.

>Luke teaches rey the force properly
>We find out rey is the reincarnation of Anakin
>Kylo ren sacrifices himself and sees a force vision of his father
>Captain Phasma will for some reason become a big focus due to muh patriarchy
>Poe and Finn will become best friends and have a very awkward scene together
>Luke dies
>Leia will sacrifice herself when a base gets attacked
>Chewbacca will forever sit in the background and do absolutely nothing

This is true though, he was shown to be impetuous and impatient in phantom menace

Totally this

also don't forget how Vader goes down and puts his knee on the floor for no reason, without being bit any time before. Some people here have argue that he is old and he gets TIRED xdddd mah god....

And I agree totally with you, there is this people that laugh about the stupid and shitty things of the prequels, that actually exits, but forget that the original trilogy has a lot of stupid and shitty things too.

>Chewbacca will literally never die
>or at the very least, there will never not be a not-Chewbacca character in SW ever

did darth vader use the force to power walk behind the emperor undetected?

I mean, he had basically the entire Galaxy scared shitless of him. Is intimidation a canon Dark Side ability?

>puts his knee on the floor for no reason
When are you talking about? After he throws the Emperor?

This is what I always assumed as well

no, when he fights with Luke

Luke goes full attack, Vader suddenly without being bit puts his knee on the floor and holds to that railing

his gas mask was running low.

I guess I'm just not sure when the reference is. As Vader picks up and throws the Emperor he is being electrocuted (or whatever) by the Emperor's force lightning (or whatever it's called) and it obviously hurts him. Hell, it kills him.

what?

he has a limited oxygen?

like a tank he has to replace?

Luke is overpowering the shit out of him.

I like this edit showing what his thoughts might have been. There was an English version but it's deleted unfortunately.

youtube.com/watch?v=Uef2Mit0Qgs

that doesn't mean that he has to go down to the floor

the only explanation I could accept is that he surrenders because he don't want that his son kills him and become like he

youtube.com/watch?v=Ssnb-eiehoo
>we will never have another scene as puro kino as this ever again

>the eu had the balls to kill him
>Disney doesn't

Bravo

Jedi was a really fucking shit movie. Anyone honestly believe it's better than the prequels? Sith is lightyears ahead of jedi.

shhhh now silly lad. time for your beddies.

I understand why a lot of people don't like Return of the Jedi, and even I think it's the weakest overall of the original trilogy.

But goddam is it still a good movie (imo). There's genuine soul and effort in it:

youtube.com/watch?v=ONDQVeoKiZw

Why didn't Sheev just do his force-spin back up the mineshaft to save himself?

Vader caught him off-guard

> Leia, did I ever tell you where I first learned to touch the Force? Tatooine. It's not like Alderaan at all. It's so dry that the only way humans can live is by farming moisture out of the air. It's populated by violent cannibals who pillage and murder and rape and rape nonstop while making angry chimpanzee noises, and the only nonviolent aliens there are midgets who steal your property and communicate with body odor. And there's sand everywhere -- coarse, grating, irritating sand. Do you know what I did for fun growing up, alone, with nothing but redneck relatives for company? Shooting animals with laser cannons. Because that's the only thing to do there. I started with womp rats to see if it made me feel anything, and at first it did, until I had to graduate to larger animals to keep that same sick thrill. By the time I saw Uncle Owen and Aunt Beru's smoldering corpses on the steps of my childhood home, death didn't shock me anymore, and I knew I was ready for people. When I see humans now, all I see is ten pints of blood and an infinite number of ways to spill it.
> You have that power too.

wow write ep VIII through to IX pls

>in a galaxy far far away
>they're outside the galaxy

BRAVO

>off-guard

Dude stood right next to him, slightly in front of him.

I couldn't disagree more.

>he ends the movie by murdering millions of people

Pure poetry, George

>gets hit
>*wilhelm scream*
>falls into giant desert vagina

Pure kino user

Sheev's guard isn't as strong as you think it is. Keeping the most powerful Jedi in hundreds of years at your right hand is something he could've been a little more watchful of.

Remember Plagueis. It's like poetry, it rhymes.

>all those dead contractors and construction workers who just need dental plans for their family
>all those ewoks killed by the debris

The rebellion was a terrorist organization

Fucking awesome.

Star Wars OT gave the wilhelm scream its notoriety.

>For a while Lucas toyed around with an alternative ending to Return of the Jedi, then titled Revenge of the Jedi. After Darth Vader's death Luke would grab Vaders helmet and put it on. Luke would proclaim "I'm Vader now." as the credits would roll on screen.

Found the DCCuck

Lucas is such a fucking regard

That would've been fucking great

What would have been MUCH better is if the resistance had Leia as a full Jedi who couldn't find Luke.

It would have made sense if Luke was hiding in such a force-heavy place. The first order would barely understand such a place. At any rate, Leia should should have been a jedi. There was no reason not to do that.

We're fully aware of that.

Reddit HATES that ending. We like it because it was an inevitable probability. We don't allow politics to intersect in character motivation.

Oh and Rey is directly related to Luke. I'm almost going to call it genetically. You guys are going to have a real fuckery if he turns out to be his daughter.

What you guys are forgetting is that this isn't the jedi temple of the original republic. He looked absolutely deflated, as if he saw the daughter he abandoned.

>be powerful as fuck evil wizard
>can't stop an incarnation of the force itself from picking you up and throwing you down a mine shaft

seems pretty understandable, perhaps you are autistic

>Master Leia
Mistress Leia. "Master" is a masculine term.

I'm pretty certain that Rey is either from Luke or Kenobi genetically. The audience is not going to buy a random convergence of the force.

>can lift an xwing
>cant lift self.
why?

>who just need dental plans for their family
Leesu needs braces.

>I have never held a sword

Not for a Jedi.

They also played the mcguffin by giving her luke's original saber (the one we thought was gone after empire). The one Luke got from Anakin.

The official Star Wars website explicitly said in its "Q & A" section, which they had years ago, that Leia is remembering Padmé

>with our combined power, we can end this destructive conflict, and bring order to the galaxy

Vader did nothing wrong

That's irrelevant considering the Disney acquisition.

It will get worse because Disney doesn't give a fuck about merchandising outside of having theme parks and toys.

Neither did the Emperor.

Is that a required human experience?

Politically, he was completely right.

If he, Luke and his sister decided to they could have restored the republic as it was in short order.

Vader WAS right.

I'm sure this has been said many times, but the fight against Kylo Ren in TFA sucked because he wasn't set up as nearly as much of an intimidating threat as he should have been, and Rey held her own easily

in the ESB fight, Luke is clearly outmatched and you know that he's bitten off more than he can chew

not to mention the superior lighting and the amazing backdrop of cloud city

what the FUCK was up with lukes plan to take out jabba in episode 6?

Goddamn that was stupid.

Based Fisher being a washed up, chainsmoking crackwhore probably contributed to it.

Mark had to get /fit/ af to be credible as a Jedi, clearly Carrie didn't have that commitment.

Who the fuck would want to see Carrie Fisher fight with a lightsaber? That would be on par with Yoda fighting in the prequels.

Now you're going into stupidity.

Jabba wanted to keep Solo as a carbonite trophy when the republic was offering him healthy sums the whole time to let him go. Jabba cashed his own check by being a selfish dumbass. Take the money and go you asshole.

She looks incredible considering how she look just a year prior to filming.

It might shock you to know that Kylo Ren is a different character from Darth Vader. It wouldn't make sense for the teenager that is prone to tantrums and is struggling with staying on the Dark Side to be just as scary and powerful as Vader. He was intimidating enough for the fight to work, he didn't need to be Vader 2.0 for that.

>the republic

Great b8

>haha no luke I am your father, oh she's your sister oh hey look woah bobba fett he's that guys son woah, oh that guy he's han solo's son, hey that girls probably lukes daughter, fuck it I don't know finn is related to mace dindu now, deal with it

Is the universe only full of like a handful of incestuous families or what the fuck.

I don't get it as an adult.

One big one is eh....not killing my dad like some crazy asshole. Or seeing myself as better than I am.

I guess it takes being a little older to not see the reason in killing a person.

>Disney Star Wars
>meaning anything

lel

>We like it because it was an inevitable probability

It wasn't inevitable at all. The entire point of this scene

youtube.com/watch?v=UF2YVSoBSPg

Is that Luke realizes he's on the brink of becoming Vader and consciously chooses not to go down that same path. Also, I haven't taken a stats class in a long time, but if something is inevitable than it isn't a probability.

Why is anyone going to care? Nobody ever thought that Luke would reinstate the old Jedi rules. Those of us autistic enough to care have read the EU shit and know that he actually ends up getting married and has a kid.

*then it isn't

dont forget darth vader is 3pos dad.

>le incarnation of the force

Please, Luke got plenty of hits in during Empire, he's not space Jesus you retard

He's talking about Anakin, not Luke.

That's what I was considering.

The prequels annoyed the shit out of me because of human nature. There's no way that Luke would simply decide to be celibate after being some backass moisture farmer. He would have had kids even after seeing the jedi way. The prequels were annoying as hell to me in that regard.

Warriors have only been monks once in human history. Even then they violated the tenants constantly.

I know, and you can say that Vader was playing with him, which he was, but if he was really some all powerful incarnation of the force he wouldn't have let Luke get ANY hits in, which he did

They were also dumb enough to bring back Boba Fett because MUH ARMOR, so it's a wash.

Yes user, I'm sure Vader was thinking about Mace fucking Windu in that scene

>getting pushed around by a much more youthful and agile fighter who is harnessing raw darkside hatred while you're an old cyborg who's only trying to get this kid to surrender.

WHY DIDNT HE JUST KILL LUKE

oy vey how could I forget the 6 million forms of communication

So stupid considering that there were how many millions of sets of mandalorian armor made

Couldn't do some different like a copy cat bounty hunter trying to steal fetts image

>mocking the leader of the all powerful ewoks.

I'm not a dad, but even so I can't imagine killing my own son.

>he doesn't know that force users have a passive barrier of force around them making them resist other force users
Since palpatine was the greatest force user of all time, his shield was the strongest and his force lightning was lethal to all. Anakin was a relatively weak force user so choking wasnt an option.

Don't you dare talk about Mommyfu World like that

No, the showdown fighters are all canon (still) as being ultimate force users. This is established in clone wars when Yoda fights Duku. It can't be decided by the force. Luke is just stupid and doesn't use his saber to absorb the force lightning. He wasn't there during the original republic.

This is what pissed me off the most.

He got it all, including the royal pussy and all the cash he could ever want.

Why the fuck did he leave it all for nothing?

Bad writing and him needing a reason to find Rey and Finn.

He should have been a celebrated senator of the new republic. It speaks to how the resistance should be the new republic, and how the new republic should actually be an outlying faction.

These people cannot write. I'd be nervous as fuck if they asked me to join their writing team but fuck you if I wouldn't be honored.

*the first order should be an outlying faction

The first order didn't make sense to me. The Empire should have still existed even after the death star. They still controlled the majority of the galaxy.

They should have still been the empire. Even post-death star.

His son massacred a bunch of fellow Jedi and jerks off into (one of his) greatest enemies helmet.

Pretty sure after their son turned out so crazy, he and Leia had some relationship problems. Kinda like couples that break up after their child dies. Ben Solo was, in a sense, dead. At least more or less dead to Leia and Han. It can be hard to even look at each other, since it just brings up memories of the child.

Shit causes friction and probably fighting, leading Han to fuck off on adventures with his only friend left.

They were just shitty parents and Luke was a crap uncle.

They're going to have to asspull some SERIOUS parent issues in the next movie. Except hell, most of us don't have them you angsty little fucks. Grow a little and realize your parents aren't that bad.

youtube.com/watch?v=Np2GwZ48jgg

>The prequels annoyed the shit out of me because of human nature. There's no way that Luke would simply decide to be celibate after being some backass moisture farmer. He would have had kids even after seeing the jedi way. The prequels were annoying as hell to me in that regard.

The Jedi's insane rules worked, though. Before they implemented those rules, Jedi were constantly falling to the dark side, forming Sith Orders, and starting massive wars. After the rules were put in place, that basically stopped (as far as the Jedi knew, of course there were always two sith in secret). Notice how the Jedi who ultimately ended up dooming them all is the one whose very presence in the order violated the rules.

Also, Luke getting rid of the old rules backfired horribly, because his nephew turned to the dark side and started a massive war for basically the same reasons Anakin did. Yoda was right.

>waylaid
repeatedly by Finn

What was the resistance resisting?

Why wasn't the resistance part of the republic?

Where and how did they get Vader's mask?

How the fuck was R2 in a coma and how did that make it past the first draft?

>I know, and you can say that Vader was playing with him, which he was, but if he was really some all powerful incarnation of the force

Vader had the potential to become insanely powerful, but taking a lava bath in Episode III ended all that. Even after a decade of training, he was weaker with the suit than he was in Episode III.

I get chills every time i see this, that music swell was fucking amazing.

that lightning still looks badass

>What was the resistance resisting?

First Order rule.

>Why wasn't the resistance part of the republic?

It was. They were being funded by the Republic to wage a guerrilla warfare in the First Order's territory. The problem with this, of course, is that it clearly makes the First Order the good guys, because the Republic is attacking them and they're just acting in self-defense. I don't think JJ thought his own script through very carefully.

>Where and how did they get Vader's mask?

Luke brought Vader's body back to Endor with him in Episode VI and burned it on a pyre. He probably took the mask with him to wherever he was training the Jedi, then Ben stole it.

>How the fuck was R2 in a coma and how did that make it past the first draft?

Shit writing

*to wage guerrilla warfare

Jedi eunuch morons might work in some galaxy far, far away but it doesn't make sense here, nor will it ever.

Luke didn't get rid of the rules either. He tried to reinforce them.

It's easy to get knocked off balance when fighting with a longswordif you suck

Did you just assume xer gender?

I saw her one man show which was great and she was legit jabba tier

>hurrr durr dumb star wars site says X
that wasnt created under Disney so its just fanfic garbage basically.

>Luke didn't get rid of the rules either. He tried to reinforce them.

Luke definitely got rid of the rules. He accepted adult students, encouraged emotion, he even got married and had a kid.

Not for Jedi. It's "Master" regardless of gender.

Are you on the spectrum? Or perhaps underage?

It's just a hilt and some beam of plasma or some shit it can't weigh more than five, ten pounds tops

>Yoda was right.

This, it's weird how so many fans are convinced that the Jedi's rules were the problem when everything that happens in the series only proves that those rules were good ideas.

The blade is weightless, which is supposedly part of the reason why it's so hard for non-Jedi to use it and why Jedi can use it to deflect blaster bolts (it's based on some physics shit I don't understand).

Didn't han and finn, general grievous use it? Are they jedi? I don't see how it would make it more difficult to use, it's almost like a utility tool.

That lime lever made much sense to me, because it's the set up for a bittersweet ending where Luke dies but his legacy lives on through his sister.

we're all on the spectrum user

It wasn't said by Disney, it was said on the official Star Wars site back in like 2005, way before Disney bought them out

I think something about how easily you can swing it around puts you at risk of slicing yourself open in a fight. Han used it to cut open a dead animal very slowly. Grievous has a robot brain and arms that move at superhuman speed, mimicking a Jedi's reflexes. Idk what happened with Finn.

Either way, the most useful aspect of a lightsaber (blocking blaster bolts) requires the force, so there's no real point in non-Jedi using it, unless you're in the middle of a gunfight and one of the people you're fighting pulls out a big club for no reason and shouts "TRAITOR" instead of just shooting you.

Looks more like a protoplanetary disk there my friend.

hi mike

> holy fuck captcha stop

I had a fucking action figure of that fucking medical droid.

No idea why. Probably because it was cheap.

>Reddit HATES that ending. We like it because it was an inevitable probability
>we
>us
>them
And I love it when people try to explain this place isn't a hug box.

God, did you even watch it?

As soon as Sheev was even a couple inches down the shaft, Vader had the high ground. It was over.

>upset redditor feels othered

Cry more bitch

>inevitable probability

I haven't read the (((books))). Did Luke just become a total cuck after ROTJ? Just seeing TFA it seems like he's going to be a total cuck and Rey is going to stay a boring princess. That's extremely dark in the context of the franchise. Just fucking over decades of fans like that. Just fucking give Kylo Ren and his boys all the screen time. If you're going to make things dark then make things dark. I want to enjoy evil.

>wasted potential the character
would've been interesting to have him continuously hound the strike force while on endor, at least have him go out like a badass while fighting chewie or something

fag

That's what I thought. I think they did make her force sensitive in the new movie but decided not to make her a Jedi....yet.

Why are Force users able to be thrown down anything at all?

Can't you use the Force to levitate yourself?

She was force sensitive in Empire, when she senses where Luke is at after his confrontation with Vader. The scene in the OP is meant to explain that to retarded people in the audience who still didn't understand that.

And it's no surprise Disney didn't bother to expand on the idea of Leia learning more about her Force powers, keeping her as a rebel princess for no reason. TFA was shitty fan fiction.

She did use the force in Ep.7 tho
She sensed that Han died
its not like Luke ever did anything amazing

Return of the Jedi gets shit because most of the movie is shit and was a sign of things to come from Lucas. Han is given fuck all to do, spending the entire second half of the movie trying to get a door open. Same thing with Leia. Their romance is almost entirely ignored, despite it being one of the major plotlines of Empire. Everything with the Ewoks is shit, and quite honestly even if they were Wookies, it still wouldn't have been good. The forest is visually boring to look at and too much of the movie takes place there.

The throne room confrontation is still pure kino, though, not even Lucas could fuck that up.

just do dark empire
just fucking turn that into movie form, holy shit

I think it was confirmed that it was the Star Wars galaxy

He's not wrong. When LUKE was talking of power, he was talking of it in the same way as his master, Yoda. The power to feel, the power to sense that life force and be connected with the universe. All the "force push" and "triple backflip" nonsense were just parlor tricks, the kind of petty things that people like the Emperor and Vader believed were true "power". Luke had to learn that lesson the hard way, literally go back and watch the Yoda scenes again.

In the JJverse, Leia didn't learn to do gimmicks like make objects levitate because that kind of thing wasn't important, she used her oneness with the force to unite and lead. You're a tool if you didn't get it.

Fuck you.

Why are liberals so delusional?

jesus christ fucking kys

Fuck you.

pls be civil

>fucking kys
>pls be civil

See a lot of hate for episode 7. At least it was watchable unlike the prequels.

THIS... is actually really good.

Reminds me of that other user who came up with a better ending to Seth Rogan's Sausage Party.

Why is it that poor anons can come up with far better stories than those who get paid millions?

Is Sidious being dubbed by Hitler?