youtube.com/watch?v=1ToztqqDcaY
youtube.com/watch?v=-7hBZNsPnyg
youtube.com/watch?v=o4GYtZZhh9M
youtube.com/watch?v=JK8kosNqKyw
youtube.com/watch?v=mm4JEZudf0c
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

...woah...

honestly, this was fucking good

All this does is make me want the EU back.

But it's not a movie, it's a trailer.

It's way easier to compose 6 minutes of narrative than 90+ minutes. You don't know the characters, you don't know their names. I mean it's not bad but I wouldn't call it better than TFA even though TFA is a 6/10.

It's apples and oranges bro, and a poor comparison.

You aren't wrong.

that was terrible.

how can people enjoy this fucking dogshit? nothing like I-VI. It like some faggot nerd who never made it pass middle school made this. cheesy, corner garbage. fuck all of you.

this is teenager edgy bullshit. kys.

>this is teenager edgy bullshit.
>kys

lol, the irony

TFA was shit but so was this.

The only problem with TOR is that

a) it ruined Revan
b) the Sith Emperor is a shounen anime character and a complete Mary Sue

trailers are always amazing though

>implying you couldn't get at least 30 minutes of the daughter growing up learning about her powers
>implying you couldn't get at least 30 minutes of the daughter going through her Sith training
>implying you couldn't get at least 30 minutes of the mother trying to figure out who the fuck is killing her soldiers
>implying you couldn'get at least 30 minutes of the mother and daughter fighting each other only to find out it's the old fucker backstabbing everyone

So basically Jack from Mass Effect?

Great job Bioware....

Also, yellow lightsabers are hideous.

I thought TORtanic shut down already? Who the fuck is still playing that shit?

>prequels criticized for flashy no substance fighting
>6 min video game shit praised for it

>force awakens criticized for rehash plot
>rehashed fanfiction silent film plot gets praised

Manchildren, everyone

It's actually doing pretty good now I've considered trying it out again

why did she let her son/daughter participate in combat, that just ended up revealing her force powers to the Emperor. pretty dumb desu.

the Emperor should've just felt it when the kid used the Force in the forest. "I sense an... awakening."

i love the old republic trailers so fuckin much. havnt played it though. i really want to. that other one with the two brothers had me in tears.

No, its just star wars cucks have zero standards

Its still a shitty deal

Dude what if they was a family of force users
And like one of them turned evil!!!!

Whoa!!!

all the best story lines in TOR aren't about Jedi's.

Imperial Agent could be a good ass HBO series.

>tfw on qt sith gf
;_;

It also tossed out all the potential KOTOR 2 about the true Sith just to set up a shitty Horde vs. Alliance PVP setting.

It also introduced literal fucking fanfic about the Eternal Empire who aren't Jedi or Sith but are somehow better both.

>youtube.com/watch?v=LbpDxrew4A0

>good cinematics
>shit gameplay

what did they mean by this

REALER
THAN
REAL
LIFEEEEEEEEEE

>TOR
>BioWare threw out all the well written content in KotOR2 for generic "epic Star Wars" story were everything looks like the OT.

>First act is the mother getting in to the Order, while raising her daughter. Meanwhile the daughter discovers her powers.
>Second act she gets taken away from her under false pretenses, because she thinks they will train her to be a better Jedi. She finds out what they're doing to her, tries to rescue her. We pretty much have a longer sequence of that rescue. Daughter stays
>All hope is lost, she tracks her down couple of years later. Has a final confrontation with her Daughter trying to bring her back from the shadows. Old guy is her Master, they try to take her down but we basically have a homage to Return of the Jedi but in reverse. The Daughter sees what she is doing to her mom and kills the Old guy.

Boom! fucking better than anything JJ will come up with.

Tortanic is still alive? jesus christ

abort that shit and give us KOTOR 3 already

It went free to play, with a subscription option. They have a store for aesthetics and mounts. They've released a couple of expansions by now, the video in OP being their latest one. Its actually a pretty decent and successful MMO now. Tortanic is a 2012 meme.

it's gaudy video games shit and it looks like gaudy video game shit. you're just easily impressed by good graphics.

lol yo ya minds me in Cred Forums we say the meen stuf to lmao i member they seids to me they says we go to the Cred Forums to be the meen guys lol and i seid ok to that wer u ther when that was says too lmao???

>red eyed dark side shitquel bullshit
One of the many bad ideas, it not to mention its inconsistent as Sheev and Dooku don't have it.
Maul had it because he was edge personified, and then Lucas thought it was a cool idea because it really lets the audience know who's a bad guy.

>this is the game in motion

youtube.com/watch?v=WhxFHmmcREE

whoa...so this... is... the power of...interpretive dance....

This, fuck the mouse.

That's literally like complaining about how WoW looks went you compare trailers to gameplay. Also, that video is from 2011 and the only reason that glitch is happening is when players skip the voice dialogue sometimes the animations won't catch up to the skip. So you either way till the animation is over or basically pick a new dialogue option and it updates the animation accordingly.

This is a way better one though
youtube.com/watch?v=Nzq9epS2b1A

like if u crai evry time

Is it, though? It looked pretty fucking terrible.

Thanks for correcting the shill, record.

so good, why can't JJ see that being innovative is what made star wars great to begin with. Not just the same rehashed story.

this fucking shit doesnt even rhyme

I feel like they tried to touch on some stuff like that with Kylo, but instead of an interesting unique story we just got a father son role reversal and the same story as a new hope

> Mass Effect with lightsabers and drama = Star Wars
> Shilling for BioWare
> Literally quoting key messaging from publicity campaign

Fuck off, shill.

The Old Republic had some phenomenal trailers.

youtube.com/watch?v=YdgmH9Vv2-I

Don't bother. I bought the game when I was a kid because I got hyped up by the trailers, it was a massive disappointment. The game doesn't have the same feeling at all.

youtube.com/watch?v=1ToztqqDcaY

>tfw we never got this in the prequels

Would have been so much cooler if there was a huge Jedi-Sith War that ended with Palpatine (as the Chancellor and as Darth Sidious) betraying both sides and wiping them all out.

if she killed everyone what happened to those two fuckers?

Saw it a couple of days ago and was going to make a thread about it. Forgot to kek.

Disney should hire this people to make the movies for them to be honest

man, the white ranger sure was an asshole, black ranger was a true bro all along

They are the kids fighting in the arena at the beginning

idk, ive watched my brother play a bit and it looks fun. i mean, i didnt expect it to look like that or anythin, but the concept and amount of people you can be looks cool.

yeah i got that

and what happened with the king and white guy after the mother goes searching for then ?

wasnt that the same castle she was before?

You could get way more time out of each thing, but just because it's longer doesn't make it better

Guy in white probably wasn't there.

In the other cinematic it looks like he and his twin were sent off to war against the Republic and Sith.

Where's my FUCKING YOU??!??!?!?

YOU CUNTS!!!! FUCK YOU!

Yeah, it's ironic that all the trailers for a shitty video game are far superior than any Star Wars movie produced after RotJ.

all of swtor cgi trailers have been good

I'd rather watch a movie of this than Rogue One. Too bad the game is pooooooooop.

It makes me sad they waste content like this on their dead MMO. With how ahead of it's time SWG was they really dropped the ball in making SWTOR nothing but a poorly done WoW clone, they did a decent job with the storylines and voice acting but the actual gameplay and multiplayer content was abysmal.

This really belongs attached to a single player KOTOR or just letting it be a CGI only presentation of some sort.

Huttball was the only reason I stayed with it longer than I should have

the space pvp was a fucking joke too

ok, telescopic spear-saber is officially the coolest twist on the lightsaber i've seen yet

>Current Year
>Let's add girls to everything!
>As long as we make them look and act like boys no one will notice!
>Genius!

hory shet why arent these ppl making the star wars movies?

youtube.com/watch?v=-7hBZNsPnyg

This episode got me all giddy

What the fuck?

This makes the prequels look good holy shit.

Yeah, there are various ways to glitch it with the spacebar for amusing results.

youtube.com/watch?v=o4GYtZZhh9M

I hope you are only after this (you)

Chillax breh.

I think this kind of animation is one of the only things which could work in 3d. The end battle also reminds me they could do really nice continuous meme shots in animation.

>it's CGI
>still uses shaky cam

So the girl is literally just Jack from ME? At least they finally showed someone activating a lightsaber after pushing the hilt into someone

What other star wars is there to play? Kotor was made literally a decade ago is continues aging. SWG is ded...RIP.
Battlefront is shit. there's literally nothing else Star Wars to play (that hasn't been played already)

>SWG
Please don't remind me of those feels. I am not ready to feel those feels yet. I am still recovering from the emptiness that SWG has left in my heart & soul

It's not though really, is it? It's hard to tell who the characters are and which side they're on. People meme about these trailers so much, and they're neat, but better than the full length movies? No way. And I say that as a prequel hater.

>wanting another movie about the special glow stick using snowflakes again
>not wanting a movie about the clones like the space Vietnam episode of the clone wars or a movie about the delta squad since they are canon now

The fight was so badly choreographed they tried to hide it behing the shaky cam. I don't think it was planned since the beginning.

Sith Warrior is a good storyline

What's so good about this? Doesn't feel like Star Wars at all. Not that branching out is bad but it feels like it could just be any other fantasy/action bullshit aimed at teens.

The animation is impressive and they could probably make a full length film that way and make it work fine. But in no way does this 6 minute trailer tell a better story than any of the OT star wars movies.

This. One person couldn't take on all of them and actually win. You'll see two or three of them fighting at most and the rest are just standing there. They didn't even try.

If they actually made a full length star wars film like this then SW would have sank below capeshit. This is like John Carter or clash of the titans tier shit.

A light-sided male sith warrior is the 2nd best story in the game besides imperial agent's.

a "side-side sith" recognizes that power doesn't have to come at the cost of literally everything around you like the retards that go full palpatine, but uses his full spectrum of emotions to channel the force instead of just anger/fear. He values those under his command and rewards/supports them, but doesn't tolerate repeated failures. He brings out the very best in those serving him and inspires a loyalty that jedi will never have. He is ruthless and cunning, but willing to spare those who don't pose a threat, or use their talents if they're willing to serve. Wants to change the sith empire from within and cull the insane power-mad lords running things to reforge it into a fair and just empire without the constant backstabbing.

If you don't play a side sided sith warrior, you're missing out.

(side note) I say male SW is better simply because the voice actor is much better. He really puts emotion into his lines.

>side side
>side sided

HOW did I fuck that up twice
I'm going to sleep, good night.

dude lightsaberz lol

This

Cred Forumskids go home

I dunno. In conjunction with the other trailer, given they're attacking the Jedi and Sith, it's probably safe to say they're not the Jedi or the Sith.

Knowing nothing of the games, I'd assume they're the Star Wars equivalent of the Dominion; an outlier faction unknown to the rest.

Why did she retracted her lightsaber?

I thought she'd go for the no kill route but then stab some dude at the end

is the white evil brother dead already?

That's nothing like Star Wars though. Looks more like some Dragon Age or Mass Effect shit.

Shit game though. And it ruined all of Kotors lore.

Also fuck the guy who said yellow sabers suck.

this
it was slightly better than prequel
but atleast prequel have the cheese the SW have

Lightsabers and Jedi are the worst things about Star Wars

Tfa sucked, objectively speaking

>I bought the game when I was a kid

Time is a bitch

>better Star Wars movie than The ForceAwakens

How about all of them.

>Doesn't feel like Star Wars at all
>plot about a young sister with latent/raw powerful force
>light and doeful and naive mother figure that is a strong moral character
>dark father figure takes control of young girl to manipulate her force abilities
>mother figure finally has enough and tries to rescue child
>good and evil dynamic balance is plainly in view throughout the preview
>clash of warriors over child ending in her failing and being taken away
>years later they meet on the battlefield, the child stronger than ever in the dark vs the frightened and older mother figure
yeah...nothing star wars about this...dumbass

>what this user is saying is it is a near perfect starwars allegorical story

it is the first use of women that actually looks like it fits starwars.

Why are they so obsessed with pushing girls in Star Wars? Aside from the ones who pretend to like it for attention girls will never give a shit about Star Wars. Sci-fi action adventure will always appeal primarily to men.

>You don't know the characters, you don't know their names.

of course you know. Old guy is Emperor Valkyrion, ruler of the empire, the women is his wife who he only chose to make some force sensitive kids with, two boys are their sons and the girl is their daughter.

Same characters as in this trailer:

So combine the two and we already got 12 minutes of narration.

this was shit. TOR is shit. TFA was shit. Rogue One will be shit. PT was shit. OT was goat. KOTOR1+2 was goat

and how is powerful women in star wars new? Princess Leia was a female iirc

she did fuck all and wasnt the main character

....she was the 2nd and regulated to 3rd main character in 3 movies...
>she did fuck all
you're retarded

childish and no human feelings

>it's a TORtanik trailer
Seriously they should stop spending a fortune on CGI they don't even use in their games.

my point still stands

>making starwars hamlet

I surprisingly do not hate this idea

your point is limp

for you

i prefer this 100 times
youtube.com/watch?v=JK8kosNqKyw

>TORtanic
A damn shame.
We could have gotten a KOTOR 3 but instead we got shit.

never seen this before, god that belly is great. too bad about the acting

you're aware that 'video game players' are sick of the state of their industry, right? How would you feel if someone used capeshit as a reason to call all filmgoers tasteless?

The mother is so goddamn attractive.

Did they use an actual actress as refernece? Who is it?

That was fucking amazing. Loved the walkway fight. Is the Star Wars MMO any good guys?

>Loved the walkway fight.

Are you being sarcastic? That was boring as shit, not to mention how 5 of the enemies just stood there waiting for their turn to get killed.

the storylines are pretty great, especially the Agent and Sith one. it has common faults and strengths like most mmorgs because of balance.

pvp is a coin toss depending on your choice of character and whatever the fotm strong class is atm. It's a decent game for what it is and you can play it for free with nominal red tape for what you can do. Don't listen to the negative nancys about it, just watch some youtube vids of actual gameplay and spend the afternoon/night downloading it and trying it out yourself

"Now.. we have returned"

youtube.com/watch?v=mm4JEZudf0c

Still the best one of all the TORtanic cinematics

yep, they really blow their loads on the cgi cinematic's, and I love it

Just the music was so good too

Its more memorable to me than the TFA music, and I watched this trailer just a few times

And I know its new music, I think at least parts of it are new.

what the hell!!!
I hate the Sith now

>Manchildren arguing over what space ninja movies is better.
Hey, retards. Its all aimed for the exact same comic book reading, marvel watching teenager crowed. I would never be caught discussing the "merits" of this kind of schlock with anyone and i would berate myself for thinking about it.
What we watch effects us, as anyone who studied television and cinema knows.
Can you guess how watching dumbed-down, cliched narrative effects you? It turns you into even bigger morons, thats how.
You are rotting your brain away watching these cartoons.

truly you're the most enlightened gentleman.

I was falling asleep half way through.
Cliche after cliche

The emotions in this trailer... are non existent.

Why does the mom look so much like Rei?

Or is it Rey?

This trailer is fucking shit.

>said nobody that wasn't lying on the internet

*tips

also, one of your superior intellect must be extremely upset at your own faults. You spelled "crowd" wrong. You are a failure to your fedora brothers

kid smiling in wonderment, parent angry she is using the force
happy kid running to watch her brothers practicing and excited. mother worried
daughter frustrated that she cant use force
uses force scream in anger more wonderment afterwards
mother slightly disapproving
daughter goes into sith rage leveling the entire arena
mom looks worried, daughter looks worried
daughter looks afraid, mom looks scared

thats half the trailer, tons of emotion. infact the only criticism so far that I can see is that they're making the mother too stoic at times but that is because she seems to be trained like a jedi.

>that scene where she beats the shit out of 6 counselors like it was nobodies bzness

mom is screaming now as she is taken away, looks sad/frightened

I legit think some face blind people operate out of ignorance.

most of it isn't fake, lots of people are just legit emotionally dead. that along with the neckbears that have to be negative against anything others might like or enjoy.

this place has always been a haven for those that are socially inept. I liked the trailer, and I'm happy that cgi is getting better with the facial reactions

I think you could make the criticism that starwars forces an emotional template depending on your orientation to the universe

sith = look angry, jedi = stoic etc

and I could see that argument but there is tons of emotions in the trailer that I could see. Infact that last scene with mother is one of most expressive, animated faces I've seen.

I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't mocap some of this because expressions were too good at times

>not showing the two brothers kino

It's over disney, a shitty single player mmo has the high ground.

it really does, these three videos they've put out make for a better story than anything we've seen from disney.

it looked like some of the scenes were done with live actors and in post processing animated. Especially the girl at the beginning

its still about the little things though, she turns her lightsaber off mid-combat throwing off their danger sense. That is a seriously brillant way of giving her an advantage that works with the lore, keeping the combat different from what we've seen but making it work in universe.

these little anthology videos will be only great things we get out of the universe and it is just fucking sad. The things that were pre-approved and survived the disney takeover are better than the shit they're producing. It doesn't make any sense.

Im confused

Sre these expansions to The Old Republic or sequels?

they're sequels to the original story.

Sith return, Republic and Sith fight it out weakening eachother

Emperor's true plan kicks in, taking a healthy, not tired fleet and beats the shit out of the galaxy, taking over and destroying both groups. The story picks up with whoever you make

This. Its literally: Have you seen this a thousand times? Well, come see it again!

>He thinks emotion is what makes a good kino.

Here is a tip kid, if some opinion or evaluation or "truth" is widely known and accepted, its wrong.

>danger sense

or you could argue that most common sense things that we come to accept are just crowdsourced truths.

It is literally same reason scientists often retest experiments to make sure they remain constants.

The way you're stating something make it seem like if it is generally accepted it is automatically wrong? I try to avoid being contrarian and go with what is true based on how I review the evidence.

if that opinion coincides with others, great, if it doesn't, oh well.

My entire post was to show that it has layers of emotion throughout and I was telescribing as I watched it to show that it does have visible emotion which is what the other user said it did not.

I never implied a bias one way or the other. He said it didn't have emotion, I said it did. Emotion can help or hurt a story depending on how it is used so now you have my actual opinion about it.

>one of the most constant factors about force use is prescient danger sense they get.

why else would you turn off your weapon mid-fight but to throw off your opponent. She turned her blade into a straight melee weapon.