Sup Cred Forums, throw me screen caps from movies you want to see color corrected and ill do it

Sup Cred Forums, throw me screen caps from movies you want to see color corrected and ill do it.

pic related:
top, original
bottom, kino enhanced (actual tonal separation and complementarity; soft contrast preserved)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=w6RpGKfGiIM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Way to turn tom into a fucking orange, you stupid cunt.

Top looks way better.

not OP but I love these color correction threads

Make this kino

Bottom is too yellow.

Real life has this thing called weather, which can cast even tones over a scene. Top is obviously set on an overcast morning, like the battle it's based on.

Oh i did that one too.

bottom looks like a videogame with ENB

Thats a tough one. Brb, cant guarantee results.

i like bottom more, but top must have reasons to use the filter, it must want to give a certain feel/vibe

This is the only one well done. The rest are shit.

Don't listen to this person
I think you have a talent and are doing a really good job!

what is color correction?

If you think that bottom looks better you should end your life right now

Guy is orange in a dimly lit room

Top looks way better.

Why don't you photoshop my dick, you stupid faggot.

I agree. You shouldnt listen to OP.

And that other guy has a talent to BTFO op and did a really good job by putting his talentless ass in his place.

A tripfag with a shit opinion

Color me surprised

See this guy agrees! He uses some salty language tho.

FUCK YEA OVER SATURATION

I really like the shade of orange. What don't you like about it?

itt; shit taste in color correction and understanding

People arent orange. Might as well leave the original.

You must be using the Micheal Bay orange filter

I love Fury Road's color, but I wonder how it would look like with a more realistic, less saturated color.

Kino this up, sempai.

People have lots of colors tho.

2 sec in ps

>well done
It's not even an edit, the bottom is the original movie.

What videogame is this capture from, user?

Anyways, when you bring the colors up you can really tell the guys made a compositional clusterfuck that doesnt make any sense. I dont think it can be saved.

the bottom one looks worse. all you did was turn tom orange and removed the dark gritty feel of a battle

You made the location look even more fake, somehow.

did you do this thread like two years ago and everyone tore the piss outta you?

Actual good work there, sempai.
Would watch the whole movie like this.

can you fix this flick

>somehow
He's just increasing saturation and sharpness. Of course it looks more fake.

But it was shot in natural light

Now I'm divided. The second one seem to show a more natural skin tone, but desu, I have never been to a desert, so I don't know how much the sand would influence that in the sunset...

I live in az it does have a influence

Aren't we trying to improve things here?

>people aren't orange

That's literally wrong.

The way you make white skin tones is by adding white to orange paint.

There you go my mann.

I see. More yellow, less pink, then.
First one should be closer.

you literally just upped the saturation you mong

nice

thanks OP

Is there any way to watch the LOTR without this filter shit?

Gross

Prob a Fan edit out there

>"correcting" a full cg image

haven't you seen the behind the scenes pics? there was no airport, that's how its supposed to look

Damn that makes it look way cozier. This is a pleb comparison, but the top one is like the second HP movie and the bottom is like the first.

Here is my rendition of a more realistic MM:FR.

GODDAM, user!

I'm masturbating to this...

Youre welcome, user.

Im playing with what i have, pal. I thought it could be saved somehow, but the color gamut is extremely limited, digital rendering is just like that, it seems.

dayum what enb is that?

I think it looks pretty good and natural, cant think of a way of improving it.

>I'm masturbating to this...

Im happy to hear that, user.

Her face looks so different, she almost looks like a top notch CGi character from a pre-downgrade AAA videogame trailer from E3.

I like it.

Deatly Hallows 1 and 2 may be beyond salvation

They are practically black and white , Half Blood Prince is pretty bad too

Who the fuck thought this was ok

It's supposed to show how "dark and gritty" it has gotten, user.

Why does Hollywood do this ?

FIX THIS SHIT

i wish some one did this to whole movies some times

more like you've been MOVIE'D

This reminds me of when you go to see a 3D feature and take your glasses off partway through

Here, this one looks less dead.

top looks better lmao. go home.

Its already kino, user.

bump

Its fucked because they shot this shit where there's WHITE SAND.

They planned to use a shooting location with that type of yellow/orange sand, but it was inhospitable to shooting by the time they wanted to (too much dust storms)

RIP Fury Road corrections

No, it's because there was heavy rain which was unusual for that part of the outback and there was too much vegetation as a result.

famalam

>Real life
What made you think that was a scene from real life man?

You're right on it being overcast, but that just goes to show how color can influence a scene.

This one is fucking awesome, gives off a bit of a magical vibe. I especially dig the blue/orange contrast of that window thing in the background.

Another attempt at a 'realism' version here. Will 'fury' a shot from Road Warrior next.

>grey cloudy? sky
>orange hues off the chart
Jesus Christ.

Maybe send your CV to Michael Bay?

Great work user!! this movie though overall it seemed like the filter worked like its use in the matrix it fit somehow the spirit of the movie if that makes sense without being too retarded.

which ones are the originals in these? would you please consider labeling for us kind user?

if you're not a retard you know which is which

I'd bring up the shadows but yeah that seems pretty accurate.

Side note, I've been thinking about the use of LUTs in films I'm wanting to make but I've never done something like that before. Can anyone recommend like what to do with them, how I can use them to my advantage?

Try watching the movies retard.

Did they add that shit in the Blu-Ray? Because I don't recall my EE DVDs looking that drab. I remember them looking like the bottom, in fact.

why would I bother supporting a film industry that does nothing to bring down the capitalistic regime destroying the west polluting its people with the poison of democracy.

You ruined it fuckwad

torrent them you fucking queer

good fuckin luck

OP here. Im gonna do a couple more, if you post them. However:

Fuck that guy. Also low quality image.

Ew. Also color gradation doesnt seem that bad, some magentay-blue, but still, not unwatchable or off.

Did I need more proof of this board being fucking retarded. Literally not understanding cinematography of Fury Road. Talk about pleb.

i refuse to give those sites clicks for cash so they can spend their money destroying humanity when people arent meant to be slaves to an economy when we could all live free of the bondage of money. I have a Masters.

Not doing that monkey either. Sorry.

i like the still shots done its cool to see it being a huge Max fan, the filter fits the movie though I gotta say but for stills its not that bad to see is it?

then do this

Yes it is bad for multiple reasons

Thank you user. Im not agains the use of filters, i love what Jim Cameron did with the blue tones in T2, but Fury Road looks too vibrant. If it was a more subdued orange, or a heavy but muted orange it would be a pass for me, but its this sometimes radioactive orange that looks superimposed and heavyhanded, unnatural.

steal the movie from a neighbors hours or perhaps a still running video store

hmmm which version are you seeing it too over saturated? The blu ray seems right ? or whatever version I have? Do you think maybe diff versions due to bit rate are digitally translating it differently if thats even possible? I thought the red looked great in the sandstorm for a lovely day!

Still love your work, love seeing those max stills in natural colors or as close as you can get it, that hard work is appreciated.

>steal the movie from a neighbors hours or perhaps a still running video store
That is a crime and neighbors who live high on the hog with their spoils should just give it to me, forcing me to be a slave to obtain some material benefit is what destroys the purity of us as a people by creating artificial wants and needs instead of giving of ourselves freely as an open society should do since its 2016 not the dark ages.

Zack Snyder to direct Blood Omen : Legacy of Kain

why not simply ask a friend to lend you their copy

>why not simply ask a friend to lend you their copy
My friends would never buy into what some globalist elites tell them they should do because of what society dictates. True power must be destroyed so we can all as a people live free to experience the world as we choose, not as were told. If I knew a friend who owned a movie I would spit on them and denounce them for their crimes against humanity instead of working to bring us together as a people.

does it really look that shitty or is that some avi rip?

There you go, user.

Now im gonna make myself a coffee, so guys post more captures if you want me to alter them, high quality/resolution images are encouraged, that gives me more tonality to work with.

Was a joke for Snydervision on a Marvel movie.

>David Yates makes the perfect David Lean-styled Half-Blood Prince adaptation
>except that he took all the color out

well Maybe im the only one but that looks like ass.

but user the ownership of private property is the foundation of the free market, and the freer the market the freer the people.

why do you hate liberty?

this film looks perfect though so fuck yourself

>he took the color out of it
He let delbonnel do what he wanted and if you look at the barcodes for columbus they are just orange and blue mostly

>but user the ownership of private property is the foundation of the free market, and the freer the market the freer the people.
It is a system of monetized slavery which holds you on a leash like a dog as bourgeois elites decide your right of ownership. To live free we must be free of the economic system which is destroying the world because it is contrary to the natural human state. Anything created should be shared freely among others to spread that enjoyment, not put a price tag on it like some con man in a suit who masquerades doing what they call "Business" when its really the destruction of who we are as a people. Humans werent born with money and dont need money its a proven fact that the only thing that comes from money is greed.

I dont think its about the movies, more about just doing stills. Alot of movies get filters right, Potter and others, noone is saying their worse for using them stylistically but thats a good debate to be had in another thread maybe? if made please post a link.

I think the muted colors offer that more magical feel, was this intentional I wonder? In the real world scenes is there any filter at all if anyone recalls? maybe this was intentional?

the intention was surely there to do that, its a doom and gloom movie though kind of the last hurrah before the storm so its dreary and dreamlike. surprisingly yates all had a different feel to them, having different cinematographers. but hbp definitely went with a gothic approach.

Kys freeloading pinko scum

That's the point. Look at the filename, look up the definition of "joke" and then try not to be so autistic in the future.

That was reference to black and white TV show with George Reeve you pleb.

Why do you think it's called Bluray?

can you just take every blue movie being made right now, retouch them all, and release a plethora of torrents?

It's on the EE blu ray only, every release before it is pretty normal.

Hackson was in full Lucas mode making Hobbit at the time they were released.

That has NOTHING in common with Snyder's style.

You're right he forgot the digital grain layer.

He forgot composition and exposition.

Snyder shoots plenty of closeups.

I think I found something during grading...

bad grading user.

>autocolor

You can do better, faggot.

I'll do you one better.

>watch the new American Godzilla movie
>stare at a black screen for 3 hours

can someone actually make this look good?

it's impossible to make it looks good

>OP hasn't color corrected his monitor(s) with a Spyder4

Too bad the movie is shit

But the movies aren't even dark and gritty in tone

>can't even tell the guy on the right apart from the building

jesus christ this is what happens when you put tv directors in charge or giant blockbusters

>all this photoshit still image corrections

git fucking gud

I'd say the original is pretty fine already. If you've been in the Aussie desert in the winter it definitely has more of the top pic feel.

Especially considering they did film it in the winter I think the original has mostly correct lighting and colour.

kek too bad you have shit taste there lad. but guess what you fit right in here

how does a shot like this end up in a 200 + million production

looks like a youtube video

>how does a shot like this end up in a 200 + million production
Because it is made by filmmaker's who only care about money and not box office hits

have you ever mixed your own skin tone?
literally put paint on your skin and try to match it.
hint: you'll need green too.

you tried, that's all that matters

Here is my edit of changing the Starkiller Base forest to a green color instead of blue.

it certainly gives off that upbeat strange funkish forest feel

why would it be green??????????????
its snowing and its dark, plus the lighting "naturally" would emanate from the sabers casting a red and blue glow to the characters

youre a fucking mong

Anyone able to try to make these shots from Lynch's Dune look more creepier?

green tint was intentional

movie?

color grading != color correction

john wick 2

oops I didn't realize how much I blew the contrast. This is too bright so ignore it

a bit too bright as well as overly exposed

What can you do with this?

nice looks better

Yeah it makes the ground and blood look warmer which I think is a good thing

There, I kino'd the fuck out of it.

what a stupid comment, of course it was intentional all these tints posted were intentional or do you think that they just had shitty cameras

wait what? I never noticed that light on the top left corner before...

>inb4 Mandela Effect

OP I understand it's a cool idea what you're trying to do but you kinda suck at this, be more subtle with the colors and you can't just change contrast, saturation and hue and call it a day check the colorcomposition

fuck if I were at home right now i would do it myself

no he is right. It was meant to be very green.

>green symbolizes the matrix/computer digital age world

>ITT: people who have no clue about cinematography

Seriously, most of you think "more colors" = "better". You're all retarded. Especially who doesn't realize that that forest now looks like a swamp instead of a snowy forest. You should all be ashamed and realize why you'll never be a DP.

>we are as far from the start of WW2 as WW2 was from the American Civil War

You wanna see my Diploma?

I like the more redder meat.

Looks like shit.

made it into a kind of flashback scene thing

RDJ took 1/5 of the budget which they recouped out of the post production budget.

It's already perfect

Are one from this teen instagram generation?
>Every photo looks better with some filter

Yeah sure, you probably know it better than the staff who makes movies who knows since when and actually learned art

most movie directors apply filters to their films, be it a blue overcast or a flashback sepia. also moviemakers dont learn art, they learn moviemaking.

A lot of people who make movies nowadays don't seem to be able to get the colour to look good.

I like to bring up Paul Verhoeven when talking about this topic.
His films are very well coloured as well as well LIT.
That is something people seem to forget.
Proper lighting.
They'll just chalk it up as something they'll fix in post with colour correction/grading but it always looks so off.

Jesus fuck

You know nothing about post

as a /p/ussy, this thread is awful

This feels wrong

good for then
i didnt like it

you made him a nigger...

the fucking pants look photoshopped in, why did Nolan film Aiden with no pants? am i the only one who finds the pants wierd looking?

Color grading is literally cruise control for cool

Another go at Fury Road because why not

This is bad

Hack Snyder's Civil War

Somebody should really do Zodiac

Kek it's really impossible to make civil war look even half way decent.

Muh shitty attempt

I don't know.

In single shot this looks better, but the green tint givesyou a eerie vibe while watching movie.

I wish there was a corrected version so I can compare.

bump

I find this one makes the beach look bloodier

nothing to see here, move along

Sup guys, im glad my thread is still up. Will do some images.

This is what i did.

Fury road was one of the few places were those saturated colors actually added to the movie.

Fuck, now I want to watch a FR filter road warrior fan-edit.

jesus, with such correction it would be painful for eyes to watch whole scene like this

I haven't read the entire thread but someone please de-green The Matrix bluray

wtf I love Marvel now

Cover that shit in syrup lmao

Here.

youtube.com/watch?v=w6RpGKfGiIM

All matrix scenes have the same puke green filter. All you do is create another filter to cancel it out and apply it to the whole video. It's the same fucking process.
Colour correct a video where the CC changes, faggot.

Just piss on your screen fampai

While colour correction can be used for a stylistic purpose and work (Harry Potter, Matrix, Fury Road), it often amounts to total garbage.

Imagine the opening scene of SPR if it looked like this rather than the gimmicky low-contrast near-monochrome look.

My favourite movie utilizing extensive colour correction has to be pic related. In case you didn't guess it, those trees weren't actually yellow.

This one is really interesting, has a lot of room for changes, color work is already great, but that green tone isnt that cool and its a little flat.

this
Since when have people orange skin?
Even asians dont look that orange.

The yellow things on the suit look too bright, compared to the rest of the suit. Wich makes them seem less dirty.
Like someone just entered the scene and polished it up. wtf.

You really think those gazillion dollar hollywood movies dont know how to properly color correct a scene?

I beg to differ. The green tone is what makes it so unnerving. Your warmer yellow tones look too pleasant.

I'd really like to see how professional color grader could handle it

I liked a lot the color work on Zodiac, Finchers color game is pretty much on point all the time, but the office scenes had this weird cast and ugly colors. Here i tried giving it some of that old school Agfa film stock tones.