Will he win in the new movie or will that be too much for American audiences?

Will he win in the new movie or will that be too much for American audiences?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=wth65wTu1nI
youtube.com/watch?v=AdCVu0JWqcM
strawpoll.me/11418747
youtube.com/watch?v=e2hiYp8WhqQ
youtube.com/watch?v=9sOa0EF4XBk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Didn't Light win in the anime though when L died?

I hope he loses. I can't fucking stand this jew faggot, i want to see his face get crushed in by L's BBC.

I hope not. The anime handled that and Light's little post-victory speech so badly that I started laughing.

Skip to 17:04

youtube.com/watch?v=wth65wTu1nI

>CLENCHES WRITING HAND
>RAISES PEN DRAMATICALLY

You have to go back

Yeah but then he loses to L 2.0 and gets outrused and dies spoilers spoilers

They better include this scene:

youtube.com/watch?v=AdCVu0JWqcM

I want to see that Nickelodeon kid go full Joker

>he didn't watch the second half
Don't listen to the haters. The quality picks back up after a few episodes.

>L 2.0

>second half

I seriously have no idea what you're talking about. It ended after L died.

but he's literally killing tons of people in that scene by writing their names down, just because it's an action that doesn't carry any weight by itself out of context or IRL doesn't mean it doesn't have some within the show.

the anime has problems sure but this is hands down the dumbest complaint against DN I've ever seen on this site

>spanish audio
nevermind you're baiting

Let's settle this shit once and for all.

strawpoll.me/11418747

>outrused
you mean the retarded writer got lazy and gave the twink and his gay little brother psychic abilities

I enjoyed it, I just always thought the over-dramatic hand motions were goofy. I thought the way he died was kind of cheesy too.

>spanish audio

Sorry about that, did that out of habit.

They should go with the live action movie ending where Light and L get a mutual kill.

>outrused
This. He just turns on 1,000 tvs and suddenly realizes that one random guy on one random screen must be the second kira because.....well, just because.

They should have made L and his successors actual psychics.

Also while we're at it can we agree manga > anime?

Yes they're almost exactly similar but you can't argue that the comic makes some differences in the story (primarily post-L) that work a lot better than the show.

>jews vs blacks

who cares

>well, just because
It's because he's supposed to be unimaginably brilliant. For a show that shows you every character's every thought there's still things they leave you to infer.

>Also while we're at it can we agree manga > anime?

It depends. When the show has really good art and music, the anime can be better. Like with Fullmetal Alchemist (Brotherhood).

>It's because he's supposed to be unimaginably brilliant.

Unimaginably brilliant doesn't mean literally magic, though. It's frustrating how a lot of shows decide that genius=psychic powers (just look at the Sherlock show on BBC).

the american movie will be better because manga is an elaborate excuse to showcase metrosexuals with justin bieber hair

L is an asshole he doesn't care about making the world better he only took on the case because it interested him.

Light wouldn't have killed innocent people just to cover his tracks if not for L trying to catch him.

Light is a hero. He also promised to kill degenerates when all the hardcore criminals are dead this is true justice.

>kirafags

The whole point of the story is that there is no such practical thing as "true justice", from any perspective.

He reduced world crime by 70% and ended all wars

What's the problem again? Only liberals would object to this

The show got me hooked on episode 2

youtube.com/watch?v=e2hiYp8WhqQ

Yeah it was really weird for a show known for being over-dramatic made that scene over-dramatic.

Light wanted to murder all criminals, no matter what their crime was. Do you really think a world where smoking weed is punishable by death is fair? He also starts killing people based on accusations alone. No evidence required, if you went to trial or your name+face was linked to a crime you would die.

Not to mention that he later wanted to expand his killings to "lazy people" (considering that he's an upper-class kid, odds are this just means killing the poor and unemployed). He was a maniac.

Have you forgotten where you are? Most Cred Forumstards on this site practically masturbate to fantasies of authoritarian law.

It's funny because at the same time they complain about political correctness and how the government wants to take away their freedom.

>killing marijuana addicts
How is this wrong again? Weed smokers are also related to laziness.

The problem is that he was delusional. He achieved his statistical goals but the impact he thought it would have on society was not what he anticipated. Light thought that he would inspire like-mindedness in the people of the world, who would realize his righteousness and live completely clean lives based on that ideology. And while he gained many worshippers, what really happened was that even they were motivated by the fear his rampage had naturally created. He thought the world was turning on to his utopian vision but they were mostly putting on a fake smile to hide their worry. It's a system ruled by fear, not ethics.

Reactionaries don't have a sense of perspective or hypocrisy. The other side is just wrong, and it doesn't matter if you accidentally emulate them if it leads to their total destruction. That's how it goes.

It works so much better in the manga because it's just writing. But for some reason they decided to make it an action scene.

Kiracucks btfo

>dat soundtrack

Say what you will about the silly plot or cheesy dialogue, but the music was on point.

Wait a second, the Twin Towers are still standing at the end. Did Light go after Al-Qaeda?

>expand his killings to "lazy people"
Why not.
Good motivation for them to start doing something and make world a better place.

Instead of teaching lazy people the values of a good work ethic they'd just be afraid to die. You'd know it would be for a reason but that would take a back seat to the fear of dying. Same with every other law. Kira enforces his values by threat.

To add to that, the entire theme of DN is a conflict between reactionaries and pragmatists; those who favor law through force and those who favor law through common ethics. The former believes that the ends justify the means and that "true justice" entails an authoritarian approach to upholding law and order, and the latter believes that laws are kept in place by a shared moral and ethical base that the people are entrusted with to not go against, and that rigid force undermines the ethical ideology of justice in favor of enforcing law and order unquestionably (essentially placing more emphasis on the evil of crime rather than why crime is evil). And the show does a great job of dissecting both viewpoints, so much so that it still inspires arguments like these to continue.

This show was even more retarded than Code Geass. Within like 10 episodes he was working with the main investigator to catch himself in a huge skyscraper built specifically to house an investigative team of like 6 people. Literally every keikaku Light came up with made it obvious that it was him, yet he's supposed to be some sort of untouchable genius because of his plot armor.

IIRC the problem is that L assumed Light was Kira, but he had no way to prove it and no idea how Light was doing it until the final week of his life.

But how do you prove to Kira that you're not lazy? How does he determine who is lazy and who is hardworking? He can't monitor every workplace in the world. Is he just going to kill people at random based on what others say about them online?

Also, isn't the fact that Light only speaks Japanese and English going to mean that he will disproportionately kill people from wealthy countries? Isn't that massive negative for the world as a whole, since he's more likely to kill people who will actually contribute to humanity?

>I know it's you, so please come live with me
The only reason he knew it was him was because Light made obvious mistakes like killing the FBI guy. It's not like he did it out of some character flaw, it was just a stupid and obvious mistake for someone that is supposedly playing 6D chess.

Never saw the anime, read the manga as a kid.
Looking back, it seems weird that the second half is almost a remake of the first arc against L, who is a cooler villain. Was there a noticeable drop in quality in the manga that I didnt pick up on at the time?

Also, LaKeith Stanfield is great fucking casting. He should be in everything, ive been watching atlanta

There's a drop in quality in the anime, but I thought the manga handled it slightly better. The drop is really in the next few episodes (roughly two manga volumes) after L dies. Once Yagami Sr. dies I felt the story picked up again. Everything in between felt like the authors didn't have much of a plan.

Killing people who are already in jail barely counts as a plan

Definitely. Light's decisions make perfect sense if he's just a spoiled arrogant kid. The problem is that the show insists on telling the audience that he's a genius. IMO the whole thing works better if you ignore that.

>Light made obvious mistakes like killing the FBI guy

Also keeping nearly all of his early killings inside Japan, falling for the Taylor tv broadcast, deliberately drawing the police to him for some reason, deliberately putting himself closer to L for some reason.....

He gave away so much info about himself and the Note early on needlessly

>AUDIO LATINO COMPLETO

AIIIIJA O JO JO JO

Nah pham, justice will prevail

>he didn't watch the second half
>Don't listen to the haters.

How can you say this? No-one defends the show's quality after L's death. After Light lost his memories the show starts dipping and never picks up again.

No one has ever disputed this.

>The whole point of the story is that there is no such practical thing as "true justice"

You mean the "whole point" of about 60 seconds of dialogue interspersed between about 3 episodes.

>The quality picks back up after a few episodes

It really doesn't. There are a few scenes that are great, mostly involving Mikami killing people, but overall it's much weaker than the rest. Near in particular is just god-awful, his first appearance is decent but after that he gets really annoying. The only saving grace for part 2 is Matsuda finally snapping after getting shit on by everyone for the entire series.

Not always. Attack on Titan and FMAB are both better as anime than as manga.

So?

L was just an obstacle.
He lost to Near and got cucked by Ryuk which was handled poorly in the anime.
The manga has Light ironically begging Ryuk not to kill him off while the anime did that stupid slow motion running bullshit.

I bet Willem Defoe will not wear those devilish clothes as Ryuk. He'll just wear a suit ala "entities in Supernatural TV show".

We are God of the New World now.

>Unimaginably brilliant doesn't mean literally magic
It's a shonen anime in all but name.
It literally does mean that.
Maybe you're on the cusp of realising that 99.999% of anime and manhga is badly written trash aimed at autistic retards?

Manga > 2015 drama > anime > movies

The anime aged really poorly though

That doesn't look as bad as I thought it would. I like that they unjewed his hair.

Will we ever get a good anime/manga hollywood adaptation? I used to be one of those live action supporters but looking at Hollywood's record of fucking up, I think they should stop.

MATSUDA YOU IDIOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I agree mostly.

I like AoT Art in anime form and the manga looked like shit for a couple of yrs there. But I prefer the flow of the story in book form.

Only the odd anime adaptation do I like with something like DBZ.

We'll get plenty.

The problem isn't that the adaptations will be bad objectively.

The problem will be autismal anime fans who reeeeee at the slightest and most insignificant change and act limke the films are war crimes against glorious Nippon.

Yes he should win, and gets every thing he want;s to happen, but than showing him dying on his death bed alone, with no love ones or any body caring for him, and he just a bitter old man who hates every thing!

YOU CALL THAT SWIMMING?!

when do you think we'll actually see something of this movie? i need something, just give me a teaser poster or some crap

I'm very curious how they'll do Ryuk. The design always makes him look really silly in live action, they need to redesign him. Is it gonna be full on CG? the budget is "only" 50 mil so I can't imagine them doing a full on CG character.

They need just lift Dafoe on a rope without even cg or makeup. Voila, Ryuk is done.
> the budget is "only" 50 mil so I can't imagine them doing a full on CG character
Yeah,it's still unknown.

>I'll take a potato chip AND EAT

they better include this

You can argue Light had the right ideology, but I doubt there is anyone neurotic enough to think he was 'right'. It's pretty clear he does it all for his own selfish reasons, he is not doing it for the good of the innocent.

I bet it's a mix of make up/costumes and CG, sorta like in Where The Wild Things Are. His head/face is gonna be CG but body a man in a suit.

I thought it picked up a it for the last few episodes but yeah, the quality isn't the same. It's still not 'terrible' like everyone seems to make it out to be, it's just not as good.

>99%
>autistic
These are meaningless memes. You have no real arguments.

Also shounen is not a genre.

I'm excited for it desu. When's it coming out?

>not knowing about the deleted scene

youtube.com/watch?v=9sOa0EF4XBk