Does anyone like this show? It seems like a confusing mess. If its liked, help this user to like it too

Does anyone like this show? It seems like a confusing mess. If its liked, help this user to like it too.

Complaints:
>It has literally no SciFi elements
the subjects in west world arent robots but some kind of human constructs. The movie had zero gravity in like the first scene.

>If their human constructed and this is shown but they get shot and dont die then arent they immortal?
Wouldnt the real plot of the show be then that these things are going to take over humanity since their immortal and can be resurrected over and over again?

>What is the point of this show?
It just seems like it doesnt know what it wants to be some west tv show inside of a real world tv show. it just seems like a mess like lost with no direction or point, but maybe that is who the audience is?

Other urls found in this thread:

imgur.com/a/s8vSr
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Android_(robot)
ew.com/article/2016/10/02/westworld-premiere-interview
hitfix.com/harpy/i-am-9999-sure-westworld-isnt-even-taking-place-on-earth
onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/gequ.10268/abstract
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

wow are you really that stupid

>If their human constructed and this is shown but they get shot and dont die then arent they immortal?
Also being that they show all the organs and bones being made, that means this company has the power of resurrection at their disposal. So this takes place in some time when humans cant die and they all live forever?

How are they going to rebel if they're so tiny?

They are human sized, they could overthrow humanity easily considering they are immortal.

> they're not android, they're just cheap organic knockoffs of humans with implanted memories and easily replaceable organs
> machine body horror aspect gone completely

how do you fuck up something this simple

> JJ Abrams

oh, right

I hope this meme literally never dies

in fact I'm going to start helping it proliferate

???

>the subjects in west world arent robots but some kind of human constructs
What do that even mean? Ar you talking about their artificial musculature? It looks like its made out of some kind of plastic polymer. It's not real cells.

>It looks like its made out of some kind of plastic polymer. It's not real cells.
That is just paint they put on it, besides they sweat, salivate, eat and drink and digest and shit all replicated using exact human processes meaning their superior in every way to humans and the show sucks.

The real story of the show should be that these immortal ones will take over the earth and start spreading and noone knows who is a real human and who is one of them. That would be a watchable scifi type show I think? This show the way it is.... not so much... maybe they just need new writers who dont hate scifi.

> machine body horror aspect gone completely
It's just too subtle for you to grasp, apparently. Are you saying seeing the entire human system of muscles stitched out in some lab out of an artificial white decidedly non-life material doesn't disturb you? You've got to have wires and blinky lights under the skin for you to think "Scary robot!"

well, yes because there's absolutely 0 contrast right now between the machine and the organic

^this. He's right you know.

>He's right you know.
>poster number doesn't go up

honest to god I'm not trolling, and the original movie was far from a classic or even just "good"

but this is unquestionably one facet of that movie that they have lost by electing to build their androids this way

>honest to god I'm not trolling
No no, I genuinely believe you are this pleb.

were all the same people :P

what is body horror about a body that is indistinguishable from our own?

You say something but explain nothing because you cant comprehend the actual plot points that have been raised to deconstruct them properly.

>the actual plot points
slow down there I'm just saying the body horror aspect comes up short

so far the plot is sound, if a little undermined by the fact that there appears to be no real danger for anyone involved in the story at the moment since guests can't get hurt and hosts can't die in any meaningful way (or at least haven't been shown to be capable of such a thing)

>You've got to have wires and blinky lights under the skin for you to think "Scary robot!"
Yes, you fucking idiot

Jesus Christ, the point of the series isn't the physiological aspects of the "hosts", but their psychology

>but their psychology
I don't give a fuck about the hosts, the point of the original story was a cautionary tale about the guests

> robot rights
> who's really human
they already made Blade Runner 30 years ago

I already did deconstruct your points. I pointed out that the human musculature was being modeled out of a non-organic white material in a machine, clearly setting apart the hosts from humans. That alone makes it distinguishable from real life.

On top of that, the behavior marks the hosts as different because of subtleties such as not being able to bat away flies or care that they land on them, glitching behavior unlike that of a living being, inhumanly good aim when the park runner's narrative calls for it, drinking while there's a hole in them causing it to leak out, and the repetition of scripted phrases.

All of this is clearly going over your head in its ability to show unsettling differences between man and machine, because you want the wires and pulleys you're used to. You're plebs.

>Jesus Christ, the point of the series isn't the physiological aspects of the "hosts", but their psychology
Yea well that is just retarded in what could be a 5 star scifi show to focus on again something not connected to the SciFi world at all.

If they were going to focus on psychology the only way it would be interesting would be if they take over all of humanity and replace them like that movie with the pod people one by one, that would be good. I dont give a fug about their emotions, and if they can program them then JUST REPROGRAM THEM, its not that hard people if their coded from the ground up meaning they are defined by those parameters and only those paramaters. They are a corporation trying to make money, noone in real life would care about their psychology of my samsung as it explodes in my pocket.

>I have a reductive narrow definition of what a "robot" can be
>that means you're the idiot

>I pointed out that the human musculature was being modeled out of a non-organic white material in a machine, clearly setting apart the hosts from humans. That alone makes it distinguishable from real life.
No it wasnt, there is no proof of that at all anywhere, that is an organic typewriter or bio 3d printer hence all the organs and everything matching and why they sweat, salivate, eat, shit, sleep, grow old, grow nails and hair, they arent static.

Hence the whole point of the use of these humans to play humans is broken by its very premise because since they are immortal they would just take over the planet.

>You're plebs
No, we're people who already read Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep, and want an actual scare this time instead of Jar-Jar's attempts at pseudophilosophy.

>pseudophilosophy
This approach the show is taking brings me no joy, I dont care about their robit emotions at all one way or the other. Im more concerned this company can just remanufacture organs and even human brains yet are doing nothing for humans and they claim to be a corporation looking for profit which makes the whole show look like a fifth grade exercise in creative writing.

>grow old

>yet are doing nothing for humans
I think the implication is that the hosts are like chinese knockoffs of humans, and the regen tech applicable to hosts isn't feasible in humans.

>grow old,
Jesus Christ, you are an idiot, aren't you? They DO NOT grow old. That's a plot point. Dolores is one of the oldest hosts in the park, and is implied to have been around 30 years ago when the last incident happened, yet still looks like the young woman they designed her to look like.

>the regen tech applicable to hosts isn't feasible in humans.
How would that even be possible when THEIR HUMAN literally from the hair to the bone and the organs. Why make all that if their not? That is where the show breaks down because logic ceases to exist. I can suspend my disbelief just fine being a fan of the LOTR trilogy but I cant just throw it out the window which this show wants us to do.

>Im more concerned this company can just remanufacture organs
>yet are doing nothing for humans
Ford and Bernard already talked about that in the show, if you were paying attention. All these medical advancements already exist in their world. Diseases have been pretty much eliminated.

>looks like the young woman they designed her to look like
oh wow they wrote it so its true, thats just bad writing user... you are bad for even bothering to type that as a response to a thread that calls into question that these entities are immortal and have not yet taken over mankind.

>THEIR HUMAN literally
Quote the line where they say the hosts are human.

Wow, how delusional can you be.
They literally spelled it out that the game isnt everything, there's something more and we're just two episodes in.
Should they already told you everything just because you've ahdh.

I hardly think WW it's a great show, but god fucking dammit the presumption is real

Where can I purchase a Dolores?

>All these medical advancements already exist in their world. Diseases have been pretty much eliminated.
Was the fact they can regrow brains and hearts and every organ discussed? Again they just wrote in a quick line as a quickfix to justify their broken plot of these immortal entities.

>Quote the line where they say the hosts are human.
Show where they are not human and dont eat, drink, sleep, get hair cuts, grow bears like humans do?

i can't be bothered to read all these comments but let me just say something about a few words i saw at a glance.

there is no body horror. the scenes with the white goo and assembly line is just an interesting visual and not filmed or presented as body horror in any way.

>They literally spelled it out that the game isnt everything, there's something more and we're just two episodes in.
If their gonna beat a dead horse for 5 seasons to reach a cliff hanger I gotta take a pass senpai famalam.

It's not bad writing, it's a damning refutation of your entire argument. The material of the hosts is not truly organic. It is an incredibly finely-crafted facsimile. I don't know how you can see a machine dip one of them into a vat of white goo to coat them, or the artists working on them in the narrative-development scene and think "Yeah, that's human cells"

It would be illegal to make a child, their not even allowed to put children in video games because its illegal look at Skyrim or GTA V for proof.

>company can just remanufacture organs and even human brains yet are doing nothing for humans and they claim to be a corporation looking for profit which makes the whole show look like a fifth grade exercise in creative writing

Except we don't know at this point that the company doesn't do exactly that.

The implied in the first episode that the real purpose of the company is something completely different than just Westworld. It could very well be healthcare related. Or more likely healthcare as well as military applications.

Maybe you need a fifth grade exercise in paying fucking attention.

Have they explained the mechanics of the shrink ray yet?

The guest are simply there to contribute to the atmosphere and to provide some action

>I don't know how you can see a machine dip one of them into a vat of white goo to coat them, or the artists working on them in the narrative-development scene and think "Yeah, that's human cells"
It would be easier to use human cells which we can already GROW TODAY than some made up fake substitute which would cost more because you know it DOESNT EXIST and has to be made. Bro.... do you even into SciFi or what are we doing here?

>Was the fact they can regrow brains and hearts and every organ discussed?
I'm pretty sure if you grew a new brain, the original person would be gone, so your point is kind of...pointless. It's not even really a plot hole it's just "This thing not relevant to the main story bugs me"
>immortal entities.
They're not immortal, they're just constantly being repaired.

I think you might be borderline retarded.

IT'S TWO EPISODES IN WHAT THE FUCK!
You're just fucking biased and I dont even know why I'm biting.

So have they explained the giant scientist yet?

Fantastic.

They did a great job not explaining anything due to the bad writing and poor choice of what to emphasize as in answering any of these basic questions in the first episode. It is what makes the show seem like a disjointed confusing mess which worked for lost but doesnt work here, its more like a poor mans version of lost.

>it DOESNT EXIST and has to be made
Yes, you finally get it.

>I'm pretty sure if you grew a new brain, the original person would be gone, so your point is kind of...pointless. It's not even really a plot hole it's just "This thing not relevant to the main story bugs me"
Yea they suck at writing and cant explain the most basic of things, I am aware of this.

>They're not immortal, they're just constantly being repaired.
So your saying they are immortal.... great job proving me wrong if that was your goal? the whole show has no direction at all except to burn airtime at the moment if it gets good then hey thats great but as of now its just filler trash.

>IT'S TWO EPISODES IN WHAT THE FUCK!
And like you said it has explained literally nothing throwing away two episodes that should have been foundational episodes explaining the universe and such instead they piss it away on literally nothing.

You're right, they should have spelled out all the show's mysteries for you in the first episode so your autism could handle it.

Because not doing so is "bad writing," right?

>Yes, you finally get it.
If the human cells exist and we can grow them today there would be no point spending billions to create a fake version of something we can do for real already which is what their doing. They breathe, bleed, sweat, and everything else.

>You're right, they should have spelled out all the show's mysteries for you in the first episode so your autism could handle it.
The mystery shouldnt be the basic premise of the show, thats just failed writing there of Shamalan type levels you got going there with your autistic passion for a show which is a failed experiment in bad writing.

He's been same fagging almost every reply in this thread. At least most of the early ones. I think he may actually be a retard or autistic or Mexican.

>autistic or Mexican.
their the same thing but you left out rapist.

Why do you need your hand held? There's nothing confusing about what we've seen so far.

>Show where they are not human
Never once do they refer to them as such. They say "creatures" and "hosts" but never "people".
Eating may or may not be how the robots actually refuel, it's barely been seen, and so far, seems to be mainly for purposes of convincing human behavior.
Sleep is "sleep mode". They're not intended to dream at all, and is basically a shutdown.
The beards and hair are most likely just there, as we see them have it as early as them being prepared for the park. We never see them bald and have to grow out the hair, it's most likely specifically planted in their artificial skin in an intentional way. and we've never seen them get a haircut or clip their fingernails.

seems more like the people trying to justify the show come off like the autists who are brain dead with a one track mind but no explanation for anything at all.

>They're not intended to dream at all
and yet it starts happening

I cant ignore that a superior lifeform is present that is immortal yet hasnt managed to take over humanity. If you buy into that your just going full tard.

>it's barely been seen,
are you an idiot and did you even watch the show? There is a saloon where they are shown eating and drinking. And if they were not eating or drinking why do they have cafes sit at tables or not suspicious of humans that do? See that is what proves your too much of a fanboy to deal with the reality of the shit your slinging.

Just admit you're wrong, it's literally just word vomit coming out of you now. The basic premise of the show isn't a mystery at all.

The premise of the show, in case you missed it, is that there is a Wild West theme park with robots, and those robots are gaining awareness of their situation. There are several mysteries surrounding that, one of which happens to be what the company's ulterior motives and other applications for that technology are. It's not bad writing to introduce a mystery that they unravel over time, that's just basic fucking storytelling.

> just reprogram them
If you haven't noticed Ford has a god-complex, by inserting faulty programming into the hosts he sets an evolutionary process in motion. Their A.I. has developed because of the "incidents" too

>How would that even be possible when THEIR HUMAN literally from the hair to the bone and the organs.
In outward appearance, yes. At a molecular level, probably not. Google 'syndaver.'

>We never see them bald and have to grow out the hair, it's most likely specifically planted in their artificial skin in an intentional way. and we've never seen them get a haircut or clip their fingernails.
That is never explained anywhere in the show . keep reaching for straws because were hitting levels of autism that shouldnt be possible.

>So your saying they are immortal
They die all the time. Then they're repaired and put out to die again.

>they suck at writing and cant explain the most basic of things
What exactly is it that you wanted them to explain?

>hurrr durrr there is a Wild West theme park with robots
They are not robots in any way shape or form seen in that show even down to their creation. Take a breath and some meds and come back to the discussion with an actual point not apologizing for the shit writing that makes no sense as you point out over and over explaining nothing.

>That is never explained anywhere in the show .
As opposed to your theory that they're actually human, which is never there in the show at all.

>lifeform
They aren't alive.

Because of either a glitch or tampering.

>IT'S TWO EPISODES IN WHAT THE FUCK!
And those episodes were terrible, they felt tortured and drawn out and went nowhere. If the next episode is like this Im out until they get to a season where something or anything is actually happening.

>is immortal
Being designed to be easily repaired by a skilled team of humans is pretty functionally different than being "immortal"

Reveries.
It is literally reveries.

>As opposed to your theory that they're actually human, which is never there in the show at all.
So they make skeletons, muscles, organs, brains, emotions, dreams.... yet you say their not human.... interesting... only a full on retard could think that they could get away with saying that and noone noticing the inherent fallacy.

>fallacy.
You don't know what that word means.

Being that were trashing this show for what it is.

How the hell did he walk out of a room onto a moving train? what world is this where matter can be instantly transported which raises a whole host of issues none of you have mentioned which means people as in the guest are being replicated and transmitted.

>How the hell did he walk out of a room onto a moving train?
It's common knowledge in the future we will all master parkour by third grade.

>It would be easier to use human cells which we can already GROW TODAY
And then you would have the problem of them growing old, as we already pointed out. They are designed to be easy to repair and put out by the next day, and stay functioning for a long time. Human cells can't do that.

So Star Trek can have holodecks, but this can't?

Oh, I mean, aside from having programming, and needing to be repaired. You know.. like machines.

Oh, totally ethical. I'm sure everyone would be cool with a theme park that grows programmable automatons from actual human stem cells, as if fabricating them wouldn't be way easier to justify to the public.

You're clearly trolling at this point. you just argued against the polar opposite of what I said.

Not the same guy you were arguing with before, but yes, I was clearly trolling you.

They can take hostages when scientists come down with the shrink ray to cleanup and then force them to unshrink them. As soon as they are unshrinked they can easily achieve world domination with their immortality.

Guys! I figured it out! The door is actually the shrink ray!

The train wasn't moving until everyone got in. You can see it in a black area. When the last guy hops on the white room they left goes to black and a few seconds later the train starts moving.

Well the idea is that they aren't really sentient because they're being programmed. The show is clearly building around the idea that this is the time where these robots/androids are gaining sentience. That and it's two episodes in, if you don't like it, don't watch it.

you're a fedora tipping faggot

Would you?

>Complaints:
>>It has literally no SciFi elements
literally stopped reading after this point

Yes, would rather have the bandit qt tho

Why do Hosts attack Ed Harris when it's been established that they can't even attempt to harm the Guests? That guy blew away James Marsden in the bar and nobody batted an eye.

What are the chances of the third episode leaking like the second episode did? Are the episodes released on HBO Go 3-4 days before they air?

That's something a synth would say.

the pseudophilosophy is annoying and they are trying way too hard with their dialogues

those guys do their everyday work, they wouldn't be talking about god and making sinister allusions all the time, they would be people who mostly want to get their shit done
and when they come home to their apartments they wouldn't look like model homes from IKEA like they do in the show... this whole show feels just so sterile... where are the nerds who actually run this place but don*'t walk around in their fucking suits all day saying "cool" stuff.... where are the computers?

instead of showing how this place actually works they just tell and it feels shallow

It's ironic because in the original movie the Delos park felt realistic AS FUCK. The employees felt like actual people at work.

They're not even close to being human you idiot

They can like play fight or whatever where the guest is never harmed.

>organs, brains
They don't fucking make these things retard

The way that the apartments looked in the show, almost made me feel like they aren't the workers actual HOMES. but more like they are stationed at the park for a few months at a time and that huge apartment building is just on the grounds/ attached to the actual facility running the park. I mean, with something this intense, you'd probably need the workers there 24/7

>Wouldnt the real plot of the show be then that these things are going to take over humanity since their immortal and can be resurrected over and over again?
no that's battlestar galactica.

yea but what I meant was how it doesn't look like as if anyone is living there, there are no clothes laying around or other shit

it was just empty except for the furniture

They're androids, not robots. They're a strange step in between humanity and machinery.
But they are very far from human.

>Just because the one single living quarters shown, doesn't look disgustingly messy like mine, its completely unbelievable.

it doesn't have to be messy you fucktard, just SOMETHING
it could be work stuff, anything would have been better than nothing at all

if they don't care about details like that you just know that this show won't reach any higher level

Some people keep the area they live in tidy. Plus, I imagine that they work incredibly long hour days, so coming back to their room just to have a light dinner and sleep isn't THAT big of a stretch. I do it right now with working 12 hour days at my office.

but if you literally work all day and it's not even your actual home but just some place to crash basically you would you really tidy up that neatly?

>the subjects in west world arent robots but some kind of human constructs

They're replicants and this becomes a prequel to Blade Runner nobody saw coming

PRICE CONFIRMED FOR $40000 PER DAY

>Basically just go to the room to sleep
>Barely use any furniture if any at all
>Somehow expect the place to get messy
>If it does, for some fucking reason you just leave it messy

Yes. What a qt.

Same user here
But after working as long at I do, for as long as I have. I've started getting into the routine of putting shit in their place in my house and just using it when I need to, then cleaning it up right afterwards.
Shoes go in one place, dishes get washed, dried, and put away. Laundry done. Bed made. Etc
Then work for over half a day, simply to come back home, sleep a few hours, then do it all again.

Don't bother arguing with OP, he's a host.

ok just forget about tidying up, let's just assume he's really anal about it

but there aren't any personal items as well, anything that would actually show that he's a person and not just some shallow character with a function

Thats the fucking point you retard. If you can't get that while watching the episode then you should't be watching it

>unrealistic characters are good
ok

>Not understanding that its comparing the androids, created by humans, with the humans themselves who have unintentionally made themselves into nothing but machines themselves.

thats nordic frozen ice dollars, what is it in real money?

that's superficial as fuck and forsaking actual characters at the cost for making some cheap comparison is just symbolic for the whole half heartedness of the show

It was done subtly enough to where you didn't see it. Plus it's not really superficial since it's VERY realistic. You think I don't feel like an android going to work for half a day, only to spend a good 2-4 hours at my house before getting 5 hours of sleep, only to do it again tomorrow?
It's not only comparing the androids to their creators, but its doing it in a way to make people who actually work like that, feel a little more connected to the characters. Just because you think it's retarded character development, because you can't relate to the characters, doesn't make it actually retarded.

firstly, you are just assuming that this was actually intentional of the show but it seems more likely to me that they just didn't care enough about the characters enough to develop them any further than the plot needs them to be
secondly, humans aren't androids. if you want to show parallels then by similar actions as they start to become more alike

if they really wanted to portray them as sole workslaves then they wouldn't talk about god and pseudophilsophy every 5 seconds

No wonder sci-fi practically dead because retards like OP have problems understanding entry level themes.

The show is about the creation becoming sentient and breaking out of their world. What do you think is going to happen to the humans at the end of the series?

everyone gets a cute robot waifu and they lived happily ever after?

If that were the case, I really wish I lived in that world rather than this one

Not that user but they have shown organs being wheeled out to the horses to be put in them.

>some kind of human constructs.

What's not science-fiction about that? They're growing fake people in vats and implanting them with AI consciousnesses. That's not real life.

In the same way that your car is immortal. You can't kill what's not alive.

>What is the point of this show?

To confuse plebs like you

I like it, but it leaves too many questions unanswered

How much of the park is "real"? Even if the bullets can only harm the androids, what's stopping an android from attacking a guest with a knife, blunt object, or any other dangerous object in the park? There was an explosion in the first episode, what would've happened if a guest had been in the blast radius?

Also, how are the hosts suppose to react to the guests in a violent situation? It wouldn't make much sense if a guest started shooting up a place and the hosts didn't try to stop them with lethal force

>I like it, but it leaves too many questions unanswered
We're on fucking episode 2 you bunch of plebs.

Why would they put real organs in a robot. What function would they serve?

Also, say some guest goes apeshit on a host, shoots them in the face 6 times, stabs them, sets them on fire, etc, how are they fixing them so fast? Presumably these things cost millions of dollars each and are hard to make, there's just no way they could be that durable and easily fixed. What's their power source, have they said?

well the androids can't harm the humans because of their programming

but I was wondering, if you can just walk around and shoot up the place without any consequences... for how long is this fun? an hour maybe?

>Why would they put real organs in a robot. What function would they serve?
I don't know, maybe immersion? If you shoot up a robot and a bunch of bolts and oil falls out, it's not really going to be realistic to the guests. Plus seeing as the hosts seem to think they are human, it'd probably really fuck with them.

They're programmed to not hurt a living thing, period. How could you have missed that?

>, if you can just walk around and shoot up the place without any consequences... for how long is this fun?

I think this is going to be the point. It was a significant part of the point of the original.

>but I was wondering, if you can just walk around and shoot up the place without any consequences... for how long is this fun? an hour maybe?
That's why they have storylines you can start. In GTA it's fun for a while driving around killing hookers, but after that you want to do some missions.

>What function would they serve?

Authenticity. They mentioned Abernathy at one point played a cannibal.

it's based and kino of course I like it

Because they're not robots. They're essentially 3D printed humans with a programmable interface. We don't know much more than that.

>how are they fixing them so fast? Presumably these things cost millions of dollars each and are hard to make, there's just no way they could be that durable and easily fixed. What's their power source, have they said?
Dude, you really are asking all the wrong questions.

You'd swear we were on the 8th season with the way people are pointing out these "plot holes" and "inconsistencies"

>They're androids, not robots.
Worse, they're replicants.

>Also, say some guest goes apeshit on a host, shoots them in the face 6 times, stabs them, sets them on fire, etc, how are they fixing them so fast?

What exactly prevents Delos from having more than one body since they're programmable?

>based
you must be 18+ to post on Cred Forums

Kids under 18 aren't old enough to know what based means.

please stop being a fuckin mongo

Because Delores is special to them. She's the oldest host.

She's the oldest character. As in her body/face design. There's nothing to say they haven't had different copies of her. Presumably if they can just patch them up they do, but if they need to make a new one, it will be the exact same as the old one.

>Westworld has literally no Sci-Fi elements

what the FUCK are you talking about dummy it has shitloads

hahaha this dummy

>There's nothing to say they haven't had different copies of her.

There's nothing to say that they have.

You fucking hmong.

>>Also, say some guest goes apeshit on a host, shoots them in the face 6 times, stabs them, sets them on fire, etc, how are they fixing them so fast?
>What exactly prevents Delos from having more than one body since they're programmable?
>Because Delores is special to them. She's the oldest host.

I was answering a question you dumb cunt.

It says dollars and they're (probably) in the US.

imgur.com/a/s8vSr

Didn't that blonde guy in episode 1 said they just replace some old parts of her with new ones? That makes it less likely they have different copies of her.

They probably just like her original form.

There must be rules against going on a rampage right?

If one guest decides to kill all the hosts it would ruin the experience for the other guests, which would result in serious complaints seeing how it costs $40k for one day

Do you suffer from Retard's disease?

I've already forgotten desu. I'm going to watch the first 2 episodes a bit later on. But it's worth noting they can obviously swap out the bodies but keep the AI character, so it's hard to say if Dolores is the body or the mind, seeing as her original dad was also once a cannibalistic cult leader.

They mention something about this after MiB takes out a posse. They have protocols to slow down or divert rampage guests.

He says it at the end of ep 1 where they have Dolores naked and asking her questions.

>They have protocols to slow down or divert rampage guests
The most organized and prepared hospitality company on Earth is Disney, and it's implausible to imagine the showrunners aren't basing Delos on Disney like Michael Crichton did.

>where are the nerds
Far as I can tell this show is far from anything SciFi so having nerds or the kind of real people who would be involved in this kind of job wont be seen.

>Delos on Disney
Huh she kinda does. A mix of Cinderella and Princess Aurora.

wow your trying so hard when they literally look just like humans pretty much inside and out.

>There was an explosion in the first episode, what would've happened if a guest had been in the blast radius?
This show is so poorly thought out, it comes off made for children which judging from the thread it most likely is given their excuses to cover up the plot holes.

>literally look just like humans pretty much inside and out.
So they're androids

I prefer the term sythetic human myself.

Because you're retarded

It was sweet when William picked the white hat instead of the black hat. It clearly shows that he's a good guy!

Ants are the most successful species on the entire planet

its called hack writing with no direction or discernible arc of any kind because they dont know what their trying to do. Drag a show out with drama for 5 seasons or have an actual overall arc that isnt dribbled in tid bits to drooling idiots. aKa this is the lost model all over again in terms of writing which is good for some, clearly the autists like it, but normal people wont most likely.

>It was sweet when William picked the white hat
That hat didnt match his outfit at all. And why was there only black and white? Where are all the other colors? Fuggen fail.

If the show is going to focus on edgy 'n' the cuck wacky adventures in westworld the rest of the time it's gonna suck

>And why was there only black and white? Where are all the other colors?
This. Tan and brown hats are wayyy more common

Pretty much since thats about all the show is some Cuck's paradise which virgins can eat up since they have no relation to the real world since they dont leave their houses.

Was the entire room with hats in even shown? Perhaps there's another rack with brown or tan hats just off camera.

The white hat / black hat choice is an indicator or whether you're going to be a good boy or a villain in Westworld.

plz stop making excuses, its done so much in this thread, that its just getting pathetic now.

>Does anyone like this show?

Yeah, it's great.

I'm waiting for it to crossover with Wanda Nevada.

Also, you're an idiot.

>The real story of the show should be that these immortal ones will take over the earth and start spreading and noone knows who is a real human and who is one of them.

Well there are theories that several people in the programming divisions are "hosts" themselves, or that even everyone on the show is a synthetic except for Ford (Hopkins). Or that the endgame is mind uploading.

Jesus Christ, cure your autism.

>yes because there's absolutely 0 contrast right now between the machine and the organic

Have you even seen Blade Runner you pathetic under-18 pleb?

>what is body horror about a body that is indistinguishable from our own?

Watching all the cum dumpsters and squishies getting hosed off at the end of every day.

Thats some lost level of bullshit there where the unknown premise is somehow supposed to make anyone care to watch. Well it worked like you said for autists so maybe thats why they chose that model.

>guests can't get hurt

Maybe you should watched the 1973 movie you moron?

Hell, even Jurassic Park 4, which is the 5th time a Crichton-theme-park-run-amok movie has been made.

They literally show a host killing a living thing you fucking mong

The only thing I dislike about this show, is that the gunfights are not convincing.
Knowing the hosts cannot hurt humans, they feel so fake.
It's a pity because it is a western after all, even if it's more scifi than western, and having gunfights feeling so fake is bad for a western.
Everything else though is great. Maeve is best girl.

You're welcome.

We're only two episodes in you medically diagnosed autistic faggot. Kill yourself.

So you want them to simply tell the exact same story as the 1973 movie, over 10 episodes on HBO?

You don't want them to explore any other ideas? About memory, identity, simulacra, trauma, drives to commit/watch evil, the difference between real/artificial?

Incidentally, Philip K Dick died the same year Blade Runner came out, 1982.

>wardrobe for before you enter
>Blondie's poncho isn't in there

>The real story of the show should be that these immortal ones will take over the earth
That's likely exactly where it's heading if it goes on long enough. The movie basically ended up being "robots turn on their masters and run amok". Or if not robots then whatever you want to call them, highly advanced human constructs, whatever

>If they were going to focus on psychology the only way it would be interesting would be if they take over all of humanity and replace them like that movie with the pod people one by one, that would be good.

You don't even know for sure who on the show is even human/host.

The very first episode leads you to believe Teddy is human.

On the show, the designers are going for realism.

And memories are a huge part of what makes up a person's identity. So a robot's memories are a huge factor.

Excuses for what? The white hat / black hat shot was pretty obviously done for a reason

>Knowing the hosts cannot hurt humans, they feel so fake.
It's almost like, they're building up to something?

You don't even know where the park is.

Some people think it's 100 stories underground. Some people have suggested it's not even on Earth.

Again, you think the show has nothing left to reveal over 8 more episodes.

>It's another I don't understand the show so it's bad thread

What's the matter? Westworld doesn't have enough Mercerism for you?

Speaking of that, it looks like Ford is going to bring artificial Christianity to the robots next week.

Why are you watching the show to be scared?

Replicants/hosts, these stories are about what it means to be human, and at what point artificial intelligence gains sentience, and at what point these beings deserve to be treated like humans.

You heard Roy Batty talk about attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion, and you want the Blair Witch Project?

A fucking fly, and it was after her update or whatever. Even if they rolled it back, which obviously didn't work. The reveries or whatever must have acted like a virus. Simply rolling back the update didn't work as they thought it would

And you write like you're in 7th grade.

You don't care about the ro-butts? You don't care about the robots ability to feel emotions? Trauma?

Doing nothing for humans? They already said in the show they live in a future where all diseases have been cured.

Pay fucking attention.

Why are the prostitutes so ugly? Why wouldn't they be super model taylor swift tier hotties?

Instead we have an old negro and a grotesque zika faced retard. The only hot chick is the farm girl.

i was enjoying the show with all its flaws, but holy shit the fanbase is full of such obnoxious arrogant know-it-all, see above, that its draining down all my interest.

Specifically after she was asked
>Would you harm ANY living being
To which she replies no. Jesus titty fucking christ are you even paying attention to this?

What makes you think hosts haven't?

There are theories that Ford (Hopkins) is actually the only human behind the scenes at Westworld.

Where can I purchase a Wanda Nevada?

only a loser would think that is cinematic or a good special effect, the new series is far superior to this wannabe garbage.

>farm girl

not with that chin

You are literally too stupid to watch this show. Stick to your Chinese cartoons and Monday Night Raw.

Man, you are really dumb. If you don't see the meta commentary then I don't know what to tell you.

Does anyone actually fucking pay any attention to what they watch anymore?

One of my problems after watching the first episode is how it seems like the guests aren't in any danger when they play. What boring fuck wants to play Wild West Grand Theft Auto with invincibility cheat codes? These future people want thrills, right? Danger is the biggest one. They don't have to actually get hurt, but something like an option to get "injured" like laser tag would be nice. I say option because I'm sure some people just want to look at the pretty stuff without feeling too much stress.

>That's likely exactly where it's heading if it goes on long enough.
At this rate, that would take ten years due to how the writers drag out every scene with endless exposition. Its just so forced and trite it makes the whole show come off like a joke more than any serious creative expression which is why so many hate it.

let me know when that happens so we can actually watch a show worth watching unless it gets cancelled before then.

I'm really sad your stupid trolling has filled this thread.

I don't imagine it feels like playing a video game. It probably just feels like you're a god walking among mere mortals, which probably feels pretty good

Good taste user.

>Some people think it's 100 stories underground. Some people have suggested it's not even on Earth.
Please stop... my sides are in orbit at how hard your reaching to make sense of their bad writing explaining what goes in their heads. Are you really that retarded or just online?

Shouldn't you be in middle school right now kiddo?

Their just autists happens when people think showing reality in a western world is somehow scifi when these virgins never leave their basements. To them even showing humans have sex is a far flung SciFi concept.

>You don't even know for sure who on the show is even human/host.
Watch out user, your autism is showing the way you cover for the gaping plot holes in this show that they had 2 episodes to explain.

>Some people think it's 100 stories underground.
Do you always try this hard to come like a retard or is it natural?

>Well there are theories that several people in the programming divisions are "hosts" themselves
So fans are making theories now? Your shitty grammar combined with your faggot fan fiction doesnt belong here and shows why only losers watch this show.

What do you think happens in Dolores' quest?

Cuck World! Pretty much sums up the show for anyone who hasnt seen it.

Probably. It might just be personal preference then. I just think if I wanted to have a gun fight with banditos, I'd want to feel like I could be shot back instead of going full blown superman.

>So fans are making theories now?
That's what theories are you fucking retard.

>We're only two episodes in you medically diagnosed autistic faggot
Yea its garbage.

Would be interesting to see what kind of alternatives to Westworld there are in this universe.

Hyper-realistic VR games, perchance?
Westworld wouldn't be a huge draw for us because it requires us to leave the house.

cry more autist about your shitty fan faction wannabe stories. back to furfag land with you!

raises a good point

op, are you from ecuador?

is i, robot more your speed?

Pretty much sums up why the show is a failure at reaching any real audience since its written for plebs.

I think it's great and I'm actually pretty baffled at the negative reaction here.

I'm convinced it's simply Cred Forums being contrarian and no one can convince me otherwise.

There are literally 3 dozen articles out after every episode discussing the show, you fucking pleb.

What do you want explained? Why the show isn't like your vidya?

I think it's a mix of Cred Forums being dumb and also being burned by this kind of show several times before, with many parallels to Lost as others have noted in this and other WW threads. I like the show but I always have this thought in the back of my mind that's telling me I'm going to regret getting invested in this show.

These threads are always filled with idiots and/or probably underage kiddos who are pissed that the show hasn't explained every possible imaginable detail in the two episodes that have aired. The autists here are genuinely pissed that there is an air of mystery here and that you can't just look any and everything up in a wikia like their favorite video game.

>see above, that its draining down all my interest
The show has no real appeal which is why only the dumbest people are watching it since they do need something to drool over instead of themselves.

You assume the programmed robots on the show have fully achieved AI by now.

There are hints that Ford wants to introduce glitches to eventually get there (saying that evolution only has one tool, THE MISTAKE), but you also have no idea of knowing who you are seeing on screen is human or host.

>"Are you real?" William asks her. "Well," she says, "if you can't tell, does it matter?"

>I like the show but I always have this thought in the back of my mind that's telling me I'm going to regret getting invested in this show.
Final episode will show its all just a dream senpai.

KYS

This. I am going to enjoy the ride.

reddartid

That or a EVEN THE PARK STAFF ARE ALL ROBOTS reveal would be stupid as fuck

this

Naw only Bernard is an android. Screencap this.

Thanks for proving my point, kiddo

Anybody thinks that the Park staff are, with the exception of Bernard, some of the most boring characters ever written for television? That woman executive sucks the interesting out of every scene she's in

>Some people have suggested it's not even on Earth.
Have you taken your meds lately?

See this seems so exciting to go up against. I'd love to be a guest and go up against the cute mid boss riflewoman. Then that one guy just goes up and shoots them in the head anti-climatically. I mean it's hilarious but I'd be pissed as another guest witnessing it.

what a tweest!

It takes effort to come off this retarded.

the show is no way confusing.

We don't have all the answers yet because we're two fucking episodes in to a full series.

Other than 1 or 2 mysteries 90% of the questions raised by the pilot were answered by the second episode.

The show is not arbitrary nonsense like Lost was, adding layers and layers of bullshit mystery with no intent to ever see them through.

If you really need everything neatly explained to you this early on perhaps you'd be better off watching anything else. Like bland procedural cop shows or CW's attractive teens with super powers shite

You're so fucking autistic it's making my eyes bleed.

What word do you like?

Robots? Replicants? Androids? Cyborgs? Synths? Hosts? Automata? Simulacra? Cylon?

These are machines MADE TO LOOK/FOOL/BEHAVE indistinguishably from humans.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Android_(robot)
>Android stories, therefore, are not essentially stories "about" androids; they are stories about the human condition and what it means to be human.

I actually think it's an interesting theory.
Any places like that in the US are protected, so either (1) the landscape is on another planet/planetoid (not unreasonable given that the show has demonstrated it has advanced technology, such as no more disease), (2) constructed artificially, or (3) a fake backdrop of some kind. But I think 3 isn't likely given that we don't know how far Westworld extends, and that there are allegedly many far off locations in the park we haven't visited

Back to Cred Forums my friend

That is just a retarded poster, quite common among anyone who likes the show hence its low market share.

Go find a dictionary and look up the definition of natural and artificial and when the school bell rings get back to us.

True, but that's the point. We aren't meant to find them scary, we're meant to feel bad for them and then question that because they're not real.

Nobody would give a shit about them if we could easily tell the difference between them and the real people.

>Nobody would give a shit about them if we could easily tell the difference between them and the real people.
I dunno about you but I really feel for drunken robot in basement.

Episode 3, when?

When it comes to a show that isnt liked by anyone its not a surprise really. Seems only Drumpf supporters like the show because only someone who is full retard would watch it.

The park exists virtually, not in the real world. Guests are put into the game and that's why they can't be harmed. Also why the management can do pretty much anything imaginable, but the world outside of the park is still imperfect.

It's a virtual reality

If you haven't noticed yet, technology doesn't care about ethics.

Scientists make artificial life in the lab. Scientists make babies with 3 parents. Scientists clone animals. All that has already happened.

I don't think the milk is stem cells or anything, I don't know if the muscles are "lab grown meat" as it were, but the show suggests the hosts are 3D printed, maybe even on the molecular level.

And the show is about a real life GTA5 sandbox (or Red Dead Redemption as it where).

But yes, there are ethical issues to murdering possibly sapient robots, and exploiting them, and even watching a show where it happens.

The British Todd Howard has nailed some stuff for funny.

>Did you like any of it...
>what size boots are those...

I like where it's going so far, but I can see how it can screw up and really dumb.

I get the impression the gratuitous violence and sex is part of the show's theme showing the consequences of it. Which puts it above Game of Thrones which so dudebros spend the next work week going "AW THAT WAS SO AWESOME! DID YOU SEE THE BLOOD?! AND ALL THOSE DEAD BODIES?! AND THAT ONE DUDE SWINGING TWO SWORDS?! HE'S A FUCKIN' BADASS!"

But I don't want to give it too much credit in case the show falls on its face like Miracle Day, and blame evil Anthony Hopkins and the oil companies or some bullshit. Or do the tired ass NEXT STEP IN EVOLUTION cliche. Or beat the new technology = bad drumhead.

Must be some sort of tribal protectiveness (I am of Norwegian and Danish Background) but 9 seconds in when she looks at the guest it makes me feel for her -- mostly due to she looks like one of my sisters a fair bit and I seen that face when she confused/processing something when she was younger.

But Yes, I love the character even if we only seen her for 2 minutes. She listed as being in all the remaining episodes.

About tree fiddy

I think the big problem with this thread is that children, who can't afford HBO, are watching the show by pirating it, but are too stupid to watch it. Oftentimes paywalls keep out the mouthbreathers, but piracy flattens that out.

There were people too stupid to watch Breaking Bad when it was on.

I think the charm of him is that he on the other side of the Uncanny valley.

Its pretty much failed already, I wouldnt invest anything into watching it if I was you.

I thought I read it was like $1.5 million for 2 weeks somewhere.

It was $1,000 a day in 1973.

Isnt nord lands in the EU which is a failed state? America is going to destroy the EU and bury it now that Britain is free. Eurocrucks on panic alert.

She's like a lab rat that someone was testing makeup products on got turned into a human by a witch.

>if you can just walk around an open-world sandbox videogame and shoot up the place without any consequences... for how long is this fun?

So is the door He leaves the "lobby" area onto the old timey train where they shrink you? I figured the long hallway to that door after the whole "CHOSE UR PATH" hat thing could of like massaged his cells smaller gradually and thats how normal people get in the terrarium.

What if something happens when they embiggen you though? Does Delos have a team of lawyers dedicated to that sort of thing? Death by enlargement?

This show is weird, but cool.

In the original movie from 1973, Delos is the name of the company (and theme park), with various areas: Western World, Roman World, and Medieval World.

Dolores is Even Rachel Wood's character in the show.

>retards mistake the holes in their cerebral cortex for plot holes in the show

OMG U GUISE WHY AREN'T THE ROOMS MESSY AND FILLED WITH SHITBAGS AND PISSBOTTLES? 0/10

It's crazy how contentious Westworld threads have been

>The white hat / black hat choice is an indicator or whether you're going to be a good boy or a villain in Westworld.

I think it's just a cue for guests. Presenting them with a binary choice.

I think the hats actually indicate nothing.

William picked the white hat, thinking he wanted to play a hero. But ultimately the color of the hat is meaningless.

Anything goes. Although someone who picks a white mat might be more morally conflicted by various things in the park.

>shrink you
fuck me are people that retarded?

I think it symbolism. His white hat already has blood on it.

This, I kinda expected comfy threads, but they contentious as fuck.

Didn't the guy that shot the bank robber have a white hat? I really should just rewatch it.

Or maybe the fanbase is full of adults who have actually watched a show with androids or AI before or similar themes before, and they're not autistically freaking out about stupid trivial shit?

Seen any of these?

Pinocchio (see Pleasure Island)
Westworld (1973)
Alien
Blade Runner
Star Trek: The Next Generation
Total Recall
Jurassic Park
Dark City
The Matrix
Truman Show
The 13th Floor
A.I.
Vanilla Sky
Grand Theft Auto
Red Dead Redemption
Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles
Dollhouse
Inception
Her
Ex Machina

Yes, every thread:
>this show is stupid and doesn't explain anything!!!
>you should watch it, they will likely explain the questions you have. Also perhaps you can fill in the blanks yourselves
>NO this show is TERRIBLE and anyone who likes it is a SHILL/RETARD

>Please stop... my sides are in orbit at how hard your reaching to make sense of their bad writing explaining what goes in their heads. Are you really that retarded or just online?

They're theories user. You don't watch a show and come up with theories? You just sit there and wait for the spoon with the airplane noses to come into your mouth?

ew.com/article/2016/10/02/westworld-premiere-interview
>Nolan: We mapped it all out with the help of our intrepid production designer Nathan Crowley. So the idea is that most of the facilities are underground. We sort of pictured a 100-story building skyscraper that goes down instead of up, which for us was also a visual metaphor for the age of the park. When you’re in the older portion of it [far below the surface], the cold storage, it has been clearly repurposed from something that used to be more grand. The more functional bloody aspects of host maintenance are literally down further on the totem pole and when you get to the top of the mesa structure – that pool area you see in the episode – that’s a detox area from people coming out of the park.

>I am 99.99% sure 'Westworld' isn't even taking place on Earth

This has to be low key trolling.

Because if anyone really was this fucking stupid there is no way they could type all that out.

I only remember seeing him twice and no hat either time

but what about the angry drunk that shot up Teddy? didn't he have a white hat?

>Pinocchio (see Pleasure Island)
>Westworld (1973)
>Alien
>Blade Runner
>Star Trek: The Next Generation
>Total Recall
>Jurassic Park
>Dark City
>The Matrix
>Truman Show
>A.I.
>Vanilla Sky
>Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles
>Inception
>Her
>Ex Machina

I have seen all those movies above, and played

>Grand Theft Auto
>Red Dead Redemption

Westworld the TV show is noteworthy for a few things.

Outside of AI, this TV show is the only one where the main character is the robot. Blade Runner has the idea of "Is the main character a robot or a human" but never establishes the main character as a robot from the start.

Westworld (1973) and Jurassic park will have a lot in common, as they are from the same author hitting on some of the same themes.

In addition, in almost all "Robot" tales the robots rise up - the writers have stated that they will subvert this trope, and I look forward to see how.

Kikaider. Add Kikaider to the list. I lover Kikaider.

What plot holes?

And the hosts are played by humans, and hosts are deliberately designed to look human.

You're certain that you can identify immediately every host on the show just by looking at them?

see
Why is it that retards think everyone else is retarded?

Classic Dunning-Kruger effect. Jesus Christ.

Do you have no school today?

The writing hasn't been bad.

Apparently some anons can't handle that the first 2 hours is nothing but explaining every detail on the park and ignore things like dramatic structure, character establishment, or moving the plot forward.

For example, they do establish in the first 20 minutes that the guns in westworld can "kill" a host, but will not harm a guest, and the hosts unless they are malfunctioning will not harm a guest.

It not bad writing if they do not explain at first how it works. It bad writing if a westworld gun kills a guest after it established they cannot.

It's literally 2 or 3 retards wondering BUT WHY and thinking that's a plot hole.

I don't understand what these morons want explained. I don't even understand how they can find keys on a keyboard.

L O S T was literally Troll Viewers Each Episode: Cliffhanger - The Show.

Lost literally tested your ability to keep putting up with the bullshit it was throwing at you every week.

And Jesus Christ. Nobody is making anybody watch any show. Whiny fucking bitches. If you don't like it, don't watch it.

>It's crazy how contentious Westworld threads have been
Happens when uncultured retards find something they can latch their autism onto.

By mentioning a fan theory from a secondary source?

Look, if you want to blow holes in her theory, go ahead. But then that would also reveal your preconcieved notions and basic assumptions going into the show.

>I think it's just a cue for guests. Presenting them with a binary choice.
This show is written so poorly we can already see what the final episode is.
>The guests are all the synthetics while the people in the park really are humans and this is all synthetics trying to understand human psychology... Mystery solved, show is over...
Was that so hard?

Hats mean nothing it was just a cue for that episode. William is not the man in black. Man in black is not a robot, and there is a shrink ray!

Holy fuck, pay attention and stop being so stupid!

>fuck me are people that retarded?
Yes there are actually people who watch this show and odds are they are retarded, or dumber after seeing it either way.

>and the hosts unless they are malfunctioning will not harm a guest.
Did a host harm a guest in the first episode? I know some of the guests got spooked by that one host going nuts, but they weren't harmed.

I guess the fly was supposed to represent that.

Nah it's in Utah. Even filmed in Utah.

being this retarded.

The original Westworld was all about diving headfirst into cliches, even to the damn soundtrack.

The hat shit is the exact same thing.

I think that at this point, Will = MiB is a more then valid theory.

The other thing that no one is talking about is that it appears that Delores is faking her failures on the tests, which shows she a very smart host, as she knows if she "passes" the tests she put in storage.

Go visit the subreddit.

Shouldnt you have grown up or matured somehow or will you always have the mind of a child typing that kind of crap just proves the show is for retards like you, please enjoy it since even retards need entertainment.

The rampant "ur dumb" shitposting is amazingly bad in this thread.

The show is trash which is why its already forgotten about, then again it takes trash like to enjoy garbage, its no surprise.

>Did a host harm a guest in the first episode?
No, you had one go into epileptic seizure, and you had one that killed a bunch of other hosts in a homicidal rampage. The only living thing harmed by a host in the first epsiode was the fly.

yes people are that retarded, look at the audience of this show for proof. They will waste their time on another show only to get nothing out of it like those Lost retards.

Bernard is letting her remember certain things, its not her being designed with experimental shit they never used again decades later.

When she found the gun someone was giving her cues to find the gun.

Thanks for proving your a retard so we all can ignore you. k thx bai.

>The show is trash which is why its already forgotten about
So this forgotten show has like a dozen threads daily on Cred Forums and is getting tons of media buzz?

2/10 bait,here is your (you)

I've seen several authors write about Westworld and audience complicity.

Compare that to what Haneke was said about how spectators and consumers of violent entertainment are complicit.

The Complicit Gaze: Michael Haneke's Cinema of Guilt
onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/gequ.10268/abstract

Even how actors themselves are kind of like robots, repeating lines, stuck in loops laid down by their writers, trapped in pathways laid down by people higher up.

>Lost literally tested your ability to keep putting up with the bullshit it was throwing at you every week.

Are people this stupid who watch the show or is it just an act? I cant tell... but it is fun to watch autists try to explain their bullshit.

no you fucking tard the shrink ray is in the hat

reddit user detected, opinion discarded. No surprise the show would only be watched by neckbearded faggots.

>Are people this stupid who watch the show or is it just an act?
Their just drumpf supporters considering their country is about to elect a racist for president its no wonder the same people would watch this show because their racists.

T-that's the point I was making you clinical retard

Thing is user, Is correct, and your just spazzing out since he carefully pointed out how they are fleshing out ideas not used but in obscure films.

Anyone want to take a guess how many separate posters this is?
3? 4?

I think we will know more as time goes on - but it is clear that unlike other hosts, Delores is lying, and she can harm living things.

Just started episode 2. I'm not going to be able to get over how this is one of those brothers from It's Always Sunny

Has she been shown to hurt guests? I don't see any indication of that.

One less bullet then he puts in the robots hand, and one more then the number of sex partners many anons have had in their life.

She harmed the fly - other hosts will let them crawl over their eyes if need be.

Go read Simulacra and Simulation, watch the first two episodes of Westworld, and write something on it. Apply yourself.

Here's a quote to get you started:

"Disneyland exists in order to hide that it is the ‘real’ country, all of ‘real’ America that is Disneyland (a bit like prisons are there to hide that it is the social in its entirety, in its banal omnipresence, that is carceral). Disneyland is presented as imaginary in order to make us believe that the rest is real, whereas all of Los Angeles and the America that surrounds it are no longer real, but belong to the hyperreal order and to the order of simulation. It is no longer a question of a false representation of reality (ideology) but of concealing the fact that the real is no longer real, and thus of saving the reality principle."

did you escape your got containment thread?