So I just finished watching this...

So I just finished watching this. I have never seen it before and since there were dozens of Alien threads on Cred Forums for the last 2 weeks or so I thought I should give this iconic movie a shot.

You got me. You got me good. I actually thought you guys were actually praising and recommending a great film. A classic. I had really high expectations. Damn how you got me good you bastards. I took the bait hook, line and sinker.

What a terrible, insanely overrated movie. The atmosphere was dull at times, overly flashy at others. I never got a feeling of horror or terror or fear or tension. It was interesting while they were on the planet and checking out the alien spaceship and I was wondering what would happen next. What about the guy with the alien on his face? Then he just wakes up and they eat and he starts having cramps. That's when I remembered reading something about an oh so shocking scene where the alien baby comes out of his body and it was just so quaint. The way the little puppet hurried across the table was so silly that it totally ruined the moment for me. The sci-fi elements in general were unconvincing at best, ridiculously bad at worst. All those bulky consoles with flashy lights that do nothing everywhere and old-timey monitors and buttons all over the place. It looked incredibly cheap.
Then they split up and try to find the alien but of course there's a cat on the spaceship for some reason that triggers the motion detector that android guy just invented out of thin air.

1/2

Other urls found in this thread:

plotandtheme.com/2016/05/18/the-xenomorph-and-the-perversion-of-sex-in-alien/amp/
pirateproxy.vip/torrent/4163451/Alien_(Virtual_Workprint)_(FANEDIT)_(FIXED)_[RePoPo]
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Obviously they have to capture the cat so it doesn't trigger the detector again and one guy splits and goes looking for it. Oh boy I wonder what's gonna happen next. Something like that totally never happened in almost every horror movie. Long story short he gets killed by the alien. Remember how said it's an alien baby? Yeah, about that. It was the size of a cat when it hatched but now it was like 6 or 7 feet tall. It grew that much in a time frame of what I assume were a few hours. I guess the script needed it to grow super fast.
More typical horror movie splitting up happens where more people die and in the end the main woman triggers the self destruct and bolts in an escape shuttle.
But oh no the alien is also in the escape shuttle so she has to deal with it. So she decides to blow it out into space. She puts on a space suit that closes using velcro (lol) and a helmet that she just pulls over her head that sits on her shoulders. It doesn't attach to her suit (lol). Great sci-fi there. Anyway, she blows it out the hatch but it managed to hold onto the door frame so she shoots it with a harpoon that was also there for some reason. Then she goes to sleep in her sleeping pod and that's it.

What about this movie is supposed to be great? It's dull and full of horror clichés we all know and are bored of. The monster is silly, the effects are silly, the tech is silly. The atmosphere only holds up for maybe half the movie if even that.

Just terrible. The movie apparently managed to coast on its reputation for decades but undeservedly. I think I have never seen such an overrated movie. People hail it as some kind of masterpiece with tension and atmosphere and sci-fi and shocks. Bottom of the barrel right here.

2/2

I wish they had kept the xenomorph talking like was in the original script.

I get that you're only 14 and have been over exposed to Michael Bay, (It's a generational thing I'm not blaming you) but try and put yourself in a different generation. 1979 this film came out. No one had ever seen anything like it. The sets, makeup, dialogue, imagery, special effects (puppetry, animotronics) were all revolutionary. The dinner scene horrified audiences because it wasn't till that moment that we knew what had happened to him. The rape and violation from the face hugger was truly terrifying.

One of my favourite scenes is the vivisection of the facehugger. They used real blood and animal organs/oysters for that scene and you just don't see that simple ingenuity anymore.

Every single scene in Alien is true movie magic and has and probably always will stand the test of time as a true timeless classic.

>it's a virtue signaling episode
pass

Prometheus > Aliens > Resurrection > Alien 3 > Alien

Op, you are a plot babby. Come back when you have learned to derive meaning.

Alien > Prometheus = Aliens > everything else

I don't get the praise for Aliens.

I can't wait for this to be used as b8 for the next few weeks.

Pretty much what Said. The movie was incredible when it came out, has been riffed on and ripped off endlessly since then, and should be viewed in that context. Especially the horror Elementa being predictable. We may have seen someone getting separated form the group and picked off a thousand times, but late seventies audience haven't.

I personally love the design of the ship and other artefacts, the clunky and analog feel is a lot more real to me than so many other sci fi movies before or since.

That said, the science doesn't need to be explained or march our present understanding exactly. So what if the creature can grow really fast? Great. It just can. Accept it, and try to enjoy the story.

>I get that you're only 14 and have been over exposed to Michael Bay
Starting out with a bunch of assumptions is always a great way to start your argument. Btw your assumptions are wrong. I don't like blockbusters ala Michael Bay and I am in my late 20s

>1979 this film came out. No one had ever seen anything like it. The sets, makeup, dialogue, imagery, special effects (puppetry, animotronics) were all revolutionary.
That may very well be, but in that case the movie just didn't hold up at all. Maybe I would have been impressed with a mindset from back then but today there's nothing special about it. It's mostly just silly.

>The rape and violation from the face hugger was truly terrifying.
That was a cool concept and well done. One of the few parts I liked.

>One of my favourite scenes is the vivisection of the facehugger. They used real blood and animal organs/oysters for that scene and you just don't see that simple ingenuity anymore.
Be that as it may, it doesn't change the overall movie. Whether they used real organs and blood or fake doesn't make a difference for the narrative and the atmosphere.

>Every single scene in Alien is true movie magic and has and probably always will stand the test of time as a true timeless classic.
I completely disagree. It aged horribly from what I can tell. Time has hammered it into cheesy silly territory.

I don't get the praise for Prometheus.

It's garbage, plain and simple.

For the record I watched Alien for the first time in early 00s and I it didn't look embarrassingly outdated to me.

That was my thought too. I'm wondering if this is even the first time it's been posted, so I'm not sure if it's even worth responding to.

Jesus Christ I hate this board.

Meaning? It's a horror flick with a sci-fi paint coat. Just because you like it doesn't mean there's meaning or that it's some deep work of art. It's a run of the mill horror flick.

Alien>dogshit>>>>>>Prometheus>Aliens

Haven't seen the rest, but from these 3 Alien is the only good one

b8

Irredeemably plebeian. Blocked. Don't ever respond to my posts.

>They used real blood and animal organs/oysters for that scene and you just don't see that simple ingenuity anymore.
Bullshit. Watch more low-budget horror. I worked as cameraman on a horror film once where racoon guts were used. Smelled awful, but they looked better than anything fake could even hope to look like.

The first one really hasn't aged well but the sequels are still entertaining.

Perhaps, but the first one has ruined the franchise for me to be honest. I have no desire whatsoever to waste any more time on those films.

You realise every single film has a different director, writer, and most of the cast?

If you've never seen Alien before I assume you're around 12-16 and in which case I choose to discard your opinion and move on with my life without getting too mad.

lmao, so youre expecting them to magically predict what the idea of a realistic spaceship design is in the year of 2016?

>Just because you like it doesn't mean there's meaning or that it's some deep work of art
For the sake of good argumentation, you must admit that your dislike of the film also carries no weight because you've ruled out analysis on principle, therefore skipping the intellectual effort that is required to formulate a reading of a film.

Doesn't Alien take place past 2100? I think Prometheus takes place in the late 2000s, like 2080 or something, and Alien takes place after that. So yeah, that's a long way for predicting things like this from the 70s.

Well then start making your arguments and analysis and I will take them and attach them to other horror films as I see fit. It's easy to read anything into anything. There's no challenge in that.

Pretty much this

Don't know how someone who is able to post on this website has never seen Alien until the current year

Leave

As I said before, I am in my late 20s. And disregarding my opinion simply because I haven't seen the movie before is idiotic.

Have you seen Sunset Boulevard, Casablanca, Citizen Kane, Grapes of Wrath, Lawrence of Arabia, The Great Dictator? If you say no to any of those I will disregard you opinions. See how dumb that sounds? Not everyone can see every classic or great movie.

yeah but op is complaining that it doesnt live up to his expectations of what he thinks a spaceship design for a movie should look like now
and surprise surprise, in another 40 years, what OP thinks looks realistic now is going to look outdated and cheap

Where did I say anything about the design of the spaceship?

Right now the burden is on you, since you initiated this thread. So far you've told us that you don't like the plot and that the effects look dated. The first one stems from your indifference to the story, as you do not believe films can (or should) be allegorical. The second is irrelevant in terms of understanding the story, as the effects' supposed crudeness does not render them unintelligible.

Would like to actually talk about film, or are you just trying to fit in with Cred Forums's unique brand of shitposting?

>The sci-fi elements in general were unconvincing at best, ridiculously bad at worst. All those bulky consoles with flashy lights that do nothing everywhere and old-timey monitors and buttons all over the place. It looked incredibly cheap.
>...
>She puts on a space suit that closes using velcro (lol) and a helmet that she just pulls over her head that sits on her shoulders. It doesn't attach to her suit (lol). Great sci-fi there.
>...
>The monster is silly, the effects are silly, the tech is silly.

>All those bulky consoles with flashy lights that do nothing everywhere and old-timey monitors and buttons all over the place. It looked incredibly cheap.
and its also quite likely part of the reason you found the atmosphere too dull and not scary, beacuse youre too plebian to realise that ofc its not going to look like a scifi made in 2016, and instead immerse yourself in what was quite a good set design for the time
please name me one sci fi from that era that doesnt fall victim to the same criticism

Not him but 2001 is the only one I can think of that seems pretty spot on for what it was trying to do. And that was made over a decade before Alien.

> a load of really popular old flicks

yes i've seen them because i'm not 15

you haven't because you're 15

stop picking popular films off of imdb to make yourself seem more credible, child

Again, where did I mention the spaceship design? The spaceship design was cool. It was an interstellar ore refinery. I liked the concept and the look of it. From the outside. Just the interior set design was terrible imo.

Metropolis, Solaris and 2001 are all older than Alien and have far better sci-fi elements imo.

2001 still looks dated in parts though. I agree it's a brilliant film. But no film is timeless.

Would it help if I told you that the film was written as an allegory for men being penetrative let raped, and that the film was intended to make men feel as uncomfortable about penetrative rape as women do?

Maybe you just didn't like the movie because you're afraid of being raped.

My apologies, I thought by 'spaceship design' you meant the entirety of the spaceship.

And don't give me the line that Metropolis can be compared to Alien in terms of special effects. Metropolis is even more heavily allegorical and expressionist.

>you haven't because you're 15
But I have and you are wrong about my age. You are again throwing arround assumptions. I could keep listing old classics and sooner or later there will be one you haven't seen or haven't even heard of. That's still no reason for me to disregard your opinions. And calling me pleb or child doesn't further your position in any way.

Point still stands. Why do you expect the screens/consoles to look modern or even futuristic by today's standards, when the movie was made in the late 70s? Do you subject Star Wats to the same criticism?

It's ok to be young, I wish I still was, but this is an 18+ site. Leave for a few years and you'll be less likely to be called out as you will have matured!

That's a reach. Just because an alien organism in a horror movie lays an egg in a man doesn't mean the movie is an allegory for male rape. Maybe if the alien could only lay an egg in a male host but that was never said in the movie.

>Metropolis is even more heavily allegorical and expressionist.
Metropolis was more than a horror movie.

I don't expect that, it's just that those visuals coupled with the premise and the narrative of the movie made it silly to me. People praised Alien out their asses so I expected it to hold up. I didn't expect flat screen monitors but everything together gave off a very cheesy vibe to me.

haha omg look at those shitty outdated cathode ray screens
shitty arcade buttons 2 inches big, haha get lost grandpa, we have touch screens today
complete shit movie, throw it in the garbage because a bunch of people 40 years ago couldnt predict the future

Concentrating on the psychosexual imagery is kinda misleading. Pretty much what 'happens' is that the ship, as an extension of the corporation it serves, eats the crew. When not taking literally, the visit to the derelict means that Nostromo itself transforms a dark mirror of itself and a suppressed menace inherent to it is realised. The fact that the alien blends into the ship's texture reinforces this connection.

>more than a horror movie.
You're fixated on genres. Genres are artificial and arbitrary. Someone introduced you to the concept of a category called 'horror film' and told you it has no artistic integrity. And to think you believed this instead of thinking critically.

>Just because an alien organism in a horror movie lays an egg in a man doesn't mean the movie is an allegory for male rape
plotandtheme.com/2016/05/18/the-xenomorph-and-the-perversion-of-sex-in-alien/amp/
The writer of the movie describes it this way:
>One thing that people are all disturbed about is sex... I said 'That's how I'm going to attack the audience; I'm going to attack them sexually. And I'm not going to go after the women in the audience, I'm going to attack the men. I am going to put in every image I can think of to make the men in the audience cross their legs. Homosexual oral rape, birth. The thing lays its eggs down your throat, the whole number.'
That whole article above is well worth a read, by the way.

>Metropolis was more than a horror movie.
Yes, it was a political movie. Even more boring than a horror movie. Alien is more than a political movie. Therefore Alien is better.
See how easy it is to dismiss something when you just slap a label on something? Explain to me *why* Metropolis is more than a horror movie, then maybe you'll have a chance of convincing me and/or anyone reading.

You haven't explained why it's different to Star Wars in any way.

It isn't really. To me both are silly. Just different genres.

Maybe that works if you are sexually insecure but I never got any rape or homosex vibes. There are real organisms that lay eggs in our bodies so that's where my mind went first rather than thinking of what you or rather the writer described.

I don't have to convince you of anything. I couldn't take Alien seriously, that's all. That's totally subjective but to me Alien is an overrated horror flick. Might as well be watching Jason X.

I mentioned my critical thoughts in my opening post. The writing was just not that strong. Neither were the characters. And for a horror movie it wasn't particularly tense either. I just didn't get anything out of it.

>To me both are silly. Just different genres.
Very nitpicky reason to have for disliking a film. But you dislike the plot as well so whatever
>insecure but I never got any rape or homosex vibes.
Well, that's why they call it the subconscious.
>There are real organisms that lay eggs in our bodies so that's where my mind went first rather than thinking of what you or rather the writer described.
And that doesn't freak you out?

>I don't have to convince you of anything. I couldn't take Alien seriously, that's all. That's totally subjective but to me Alien is an overrated horror flick. Might as well be watching Jason X.
Okay fine, I thought we were having a discussion about this. But fuck me I guess. Cheers

>And that doesn't freak you out?
Well, I find it creepy and disgusting but also fascinating. It's many things, but rape or homoangst it is not.

Post pictures of Ripley's posterior parts (or lack thereof).

Alien > Aliens > Alien 3 Assembly Cut > Alien 3 > Prometheus > Alien Resurrection

>late 20s
Liar

>You must be 18 to use this website.
Go suck your mummy's tit, silly child.

>2016
>responding to giant blobs of bait posting

>critical thoughts
Your 'critical thoughts' consist largely of a slighly coloured description of the plot, and I mean just describing what happened in the film with some inserts about how you felt (emotion and thought are not the same) about it. You also keep returning to how you were 'promised scares' and that the film let you down, and this disappointment colours your judgement and prevents you from approaching Alien as it is, rather than how external sources describe it. The only real critical thoughts from you are that you reconsidered blindly trusting others, but you'll likely draw the worst conclusions from this and refrain from watching excellent movies because the endorsements might be misleading.

die you nigger

Alien is kino, and I don't even like horror.

Can't decide if this is bait or real.
Either way let this thread die peacefully.

>prevents you from approaching Alien as it is
Which would be what exactly? What does it offer that is so great? What is so fantastic about it? It's a monster movie in space. Some of the sci-fi was cool, most was bad though. The characters fell flat, the moment it hatched it was your typical cat and mouse horror hunt. That's not in and of itself bad, especially for a horror movie, but I simply expected better.
If I was told it was a neat sci-fi monster movie I wouldn't have had such a negative reaction I think.

I'd maybe out Resurrection above Prometheus just because it had a few original and interesting ideas struggling to get out of an interesting movie. Otherwise, fully agree.

I'd flip Alien and Aliens and also Prometheus and AR.

I only put Prometheus above Resurrection because Prometheus has nice visuals. Resurrection is ugly as fuck.

>I prefer Aliens to Alien

Watch the director's cut of Aliens. The character of Ripley is expanded and developed fantastically with a wonderful arc and the side characters are far more interesting and memorable as well.
Aliens does a much better job at creating a tense atmosphere. Incredibly well done both in terms of story and presentation.

>I never got a feeling of horror or terror or fear or tension.
>Few seconds before the facehugger reveal
>The facehugger reveal over Kane's face
>Ripley looking for the facehugger when it vanishes
>Brett's death scene
>The airshaft scene
>Parker and Lambert's slow death
>Ripley trying to make her way to the ship whilst trying to stay out of the Alien's site
This film had tons of scary intense moments! What is wrong with you op?

>Resurrection is ugly as fuck.
Yes yes well done.

HOWEVER

Well the thing is I expected most of those things to happen because they made them pretty obvious and predictable. The facehugger parts I liked best. Those were really well done, but after the thing hatches the movie took a nosedive for me.

>tfw no pixie cut gf

Op is probably one of those people who reads the plot synopsis on wikipedia beforehand so there are no surprises.

>I knew what was coming so I wasn't scared or compelled at all.
The Post

Bet the vent jump scare got you if you remember your reaction or not.

Just end me desu

>implying plot synopses include such moments rather than just very broad and general plot points

>Which would be what exactly?
I have my reading, and you should form yours by watching the movie and thinking about it.

It's stupid to play the game of reducing a film's story to the shortest plot synopsis possible. If we did that, Lawrence of Arabia would be "some dudes living in the desert". Such a description is simultaneously accurate and deceiving, and it's also the case for how you described Alien.

/thread

I already know the ending to Godzilla (2016) :( I hope I still enjoy it

Right.

There was at least one study that suggested that being spoilered beforehand either doesn't affect or increases enjoyment of a story.

Lawrence of Arabia is about bigger themes. Culture and colonialism, war and death, friendship and loyalty, politics and deception.
I have formed my reading of Alien. To me there is nothing special about it. One user said it's about male rape and sexual violation of men. Maybe that was the intention of the filmmakers but I didn't get that at all. To me that argument is like saying the Friday the 13th series is about the dangers of camping

>Lawrence of Arabia is about bigger themes
How do you reach this conclusion? I encourage you to describe the process leading to it.

So did I, and I fucking loved it.

I had the Red Wedding spoiled for me and it fucking SUCKED

>It was the size of a cat when it hatched but now it was like 6 or 7 feet tall. It grew that much in a time frame of what I assume were a few hours. I guess the script needed it to grow super fast.
This is a problem why? It's a fictional alien, and we're never told how long their aging process is. Great horror movies never set rules for what their monster is, or explain it.

Yeah you probably watched it on you phone didn't you. Nobody gives an f about your "opinions" go back to playing overwatch and masturbating 3 times a day

I mean, there's a case to be made that it's a morality tale about the dangers of promiscuity. It's not too hard to look at a film and come away with some idea of a message/idea beyond the actual events depicted.

This desu.

The process is simply realizing that those themes are more significant and engaging than running away from a monster.
On screen you have to build a friendship, you have to demonstrate loyalty, you have to discuss politics, you have to depict war and colonialism and the consequences.
What do you have to do to show a person running away from a dangerous monster? You show that the monster kills and then have that person run away.

Other great opinions
>The Witch was boring and shit!
>The Babadook may possibly be the greatest horror film of our time bros

Only idiots call alien a horror movie

It is after all

>Yeah you probably watched it on you phone didn't you.
Nope. What's "probably" about that? You have no ground for this assumption. Watched it on a nice 55 inch plasma in a dark room.

>Nobody gives an f about your "opinions" go back to playing overwatch and masturbating 3 times a day
Apparently you care a lot or else you wouldn't be so engaged in trying to insult me or imagining how I play games and masturbate however many times a day.

how.

You're given $300,000,000 and told to make a sequel to Aliens that will replace Alien 3.

Don't get me wrong, the assembly cut is probably my second favourite of the series. But how would YOU do it.

Spot on

>group of people trapped in an unescapable environment are brutally killed off one by one by a scary monster

What about that ISN'T horror?

>Horror Films are unsettling films designed to frighten and panic, cause dread and alarm, and to invoke our hidden worst fears, often in a terrifying, shocking finale, while captivating and entertaining us at the same time in a cathartic experience.
I'd say it's spot on sci-fi/horror

Alien is boring. Aliens is where it's at.

I wouldn't. What's the point?

>you post on a board where people genuinely lack the attention span to realise Alien is superior to Aliens
Fucking hell. Why does this board suck Cameron's dick so much

sucks to be you cos I watched that having no idea that the main character was gonna die so early on.

It shocked me to the core and I still carry my memory of that surprise with me.

>Why does this board suck Cameron's dick so much
Maybe because he is the best director of all time? Use your fucking brain.

You are a pleb, OP. That's okay, but don't think your terrible opinions matter.

What I mean is that you have to analyse and interpret a film in order to conclude what kind of themes it has. No theme is 'superior' to another, the actual merits come from the filmmaking as it's what communicates those themes.

Alien has more to offer than "people running from monsters", surely you've noticed that most of the runtime consists neither of running nor the monster. There's the sexual imagery, as noted above by others, as well as the basic premise of the characters being low ranking employees in a large mining company which is quite important to the subsequent events of the film. One of the things that people tend to overlook and you also omitted from your initial posts is the presence of machines and their nature. Ash being revealed as a robot is perhaps more significant (and surprising) than the alien itself, and Nostromo's AI (Mother) has a consistent presence throughout the film.

FUCK YOUUUUUU

>Maybe because he is the best director of all time?
I just got meme'd on.

I know this is bait, but I'm triggered. There are people out there that actually have this opinion

This one time I fell asleep watching Aliens.

>There are people out there that actually have this opinion
Mostly reasonable people with taste.

I fall asleep every time I watch Alien.

I'm fucking triggered

The movie's 40 fucking years old and it still holds up fairly well. You'd probably have a heart attack if you were alive and watched it in the theaters back then

>ITT: a millenial over-saturated with modern media tries to review a 10/10 movie

This is an amazing trainwreck.

>people defending the shitty as fuck Alien because they watched it after they've been brainwashed into thinking it's a masterpiece and don't dare question or attack the status quo

You are all pathetic and so are your excuses for this garbage movie. OP's first mistake was watching Alien, his second mistake was uttering an opinion on here that doesn't fit into your brainwashed perspective of Alien. You are like mindless cult members. OH YEAH IT'S THE GREATEST YEAH I KNOW MAN IT'S SO FUCKING GOOD AM I ACCEPTED YET? I SAW IT AFTER I HEARD ABOUT IT BEING SO GREAT AND YEAH IT'S TOTALLY AWESOME WHAT A FANTASTIC MOVIE SEE HOW I AGREE WITH WHAT PEOPLE ARE SAYING ABOUT IT?

Whenever he says *anything* you say "right", Brett. You know that?

Riiight

this so fucking much it hurts

if i had three wishes from a goddamn genie the first fucking one would be to eject everyone born after 1989 from existence, you faggots are the fucking worst at everything except not being dead and liking the absolute worst shit while crying about things you're too dense to ever understand, you have no taste in anything whatsoever, literally the worst crop of people ever born unto this earth, you cocksuckers disgust me like no line of human beings that has ever existed

i swear to god, i've never meant anyone born beyond that year that was worth a fuck anywhere, in real life, on the internet ANY-FUCKING-WHERE, you're all absolute garbage and should go fling yourselves into a trashfire because that's where you belong, with burning heaps of waste, because that's what you are S H I T that nobody wants, your parents probably regret the day they fucked up and conceived you

i bet the sex they had making you was even awful, they probably cringe looking back on it

P.S. even 87-89 kids are sort of shitty, but they don't even begin to approach the level that you motherfuckers are on, because some people actually get along with them, while everyone agrees that you faggots suck so much dick you're nigh impossible to understand because you're choking on it so fucking often

>inb4 U MAD

fucking right i am, you should be castrated OP

Get with the times, grandpa. This is the real world, off the PC and make some underage friends. They aren't much different than you

>old man yells at cloud

>he watches anime

>OP didn't understand the movie
>writes all this pretentious pseudo-intellectual drivel anyway

If you even bothered to listen to the main character Parker (hurr durr Ripley is dah main chaructur!), you'd understand it wasn't a horror or anything to do with the Alien (which was simply a metaphor for capitalism) - but it was to do with the Bonus Situation and everything stemmed from that. Idiot.

I bet you're the guy who leaves those comments on YouTube videos of Led Zeppelin saying 'This is real music, all we have now is Justin Bieber'

More like Half Dead Zeppelin amirite?

OP, maybe you just waited too long to watch the movie. You should have seen it when you were younger.

If nothing else, you ought to appreciate the atmosphere and Giger's monster design.

I like how Jonesy is on there.

xD

How do I log in to my Cred Forums account so I can upvote this?

You can't! That's what's so crazy about being a 4channer!

>triggered irl newplebs

LOL

>tfw was a (You) recipient
>born in 91

senpai plz

I fucking love Alien.

But fuck the directors cut, It showed too much of the Xenomorph and thus ruined the atmosphere.
like showing the shark in Jaws run up the beach and shout GOTCHA! right in the first minute of the movie.

Parker, what do you think? Your staff just follows you around and says "right". Just like a regular parrot.

>directors cut
Alien has no 'director's cut'. The second cut that includes the deleted scenes was made for the quadrilogy DVD box set, not because Scott had been denied his intended vision or whatever.

Alien: Virtual Workprint is seeding:
Infohash: BE6644B73F37CC7B235DFBDD6611DE4B3C6AB4E0

Only 1 seeder.

Link to TPB Torrent:
pirateproxy.vip/torrent/4163451/Alien_(Virtual_Workprint)_(FANEDIT)_(FIXED)_[RePoPo]

Awesome practical effects. There's one thing you didn't question. 1979 and the effects look better than a lot of stuff today.

Just out of curiosity, do you also think the first terminator is shit or John carpenters early work was garbage? If so, I think you just might not like low budget movies from that time period.

Masterful use of KY jelly. That's what gave the alien it's shiny and slimy appearance. Dude problem looked at his cock jerking off and thought "look at how much grosser and veinier this lube makes my cock look."

Yeah i would love to watch this, these fuckers should upload it to Mega

The first Terminator is among my favorite movies so it's not that. I have no problem with low budget or older movies.

Maybe you're just being a sour puss then. Maybe hearing and seeing so much about it first ruined the surprises? Maybe you expected too much since everyone likes it? Who knows...

I think it's a great movie. I like the aesthetic. I like how it totally goes against everyone's idealized and clean version of space travel at the time, particularly Stanley kubricks version from 2001 and makes it dirty and gritty. I like how it takes time to build atmosphere. I think the baddie and visual effects effects were handled well.

There's been movies I never saw that everyone loved and talked about and by the time I watched them I was all "meh"

I think the funniest thing about this thread is how both OP and angry neckbeards ITT act like opinions don't exist.
OP: "wtf I watched Alien and didn't like it, I guess everyone is wrong and it's shit"
Cred Forums: "omg ur millenial it's a masterpiece because themes and rape"
I think the aesthetics of the movie are amazing and totally hold up, even if the movie itself is a pretty predictable haunted-house-in-space story. The characters are believable, the dialogue is realistic and good. The most disturbing scene is when Ash is revealed to be an android, IMO.

But if you don't like it, you know, it's fine.

>watch alien for the first time two/three weeks ago
>make a threads on Cred Forums about it
>countless threads ever since

Is this newfag even serious?

Right!

It's not that the OP has an opinion, it's that he's implying that other people liking it and thinking it was a good movie is somehow a troll. Nobody "got him good" he just didn't like it.

That's the problem with Cred Forums nobody can into objectivity, every faggot thinks they're the end all be all of opinion and that if they didn't like something everyone else is wrong or trolling them.

>So I just finished watching this. I have never seen it before and since there were dozens of Alien threads on Cred Forums for the last 2 weeks or so I thought I should give this iconic movie a shot.
>
>You got me. You got me good. I actually thought you guys were actually praising and recommending a great film. A classic. I had really high expectations. Damn how you got me good you bastards. I took the bait hook, line and sinker.
>
>What a terrible, insanely overrated movie. The atmosphere was dull at times, overly flashy at others. I never got a feeling of horror or terror or fear or tension. It was interesting while they were on the planet and checking out the alien spaceship and I was wondering what would happen next. What about the guy with the alien on his face? Then he just wakes up and they eat and he starts having cramps. That's when I remembered reading something about an oh so shocking scene where the alien baby comes out of his body and it was just so quaint. The way the little puppet hurried across the table was so silly that it totally ruined the moment for me. The sci-fi elements in general were unconvincing at best, ridiculously bad at worst. All those bulky consoles with flashy lights that do nothing everywhere and old-timey monitors and buttons all over the place. It looked incredibly cheap.
>Then they split up and try to find the alien but of course there's a cat on the spaceship for some reason that triggers the motion detector that android guy just invented out of thin air.
>
>1/2
DIE IN A FIRE