Thoughts on bojack?

I like it. The animal jokes are amazing.

Underwater Episode is Based Episode so far.

this doesnt get mentioned enough. the animal jokes make me laugh nonstop

Progressively got worse as it focused more on muh life philosophy and Bojack's depression.

Before that, I might have considered it among the top five best animated sitcoms.

I'll agree it's elf indulgent and goes a little too much for forced feels, but it's also consinstently funny and immersive.
You have to have lived some experiences however to fully appreciate it, and that's why a lot of teevees discard it as reddit

Grossly overrated by teens & early 20 year olds who like to make allusions to their depression (haha) & social anxiety on twitter

He's a horse, man.

>also consinstently funny
Not literally true, especially when it goes for those feels.

This show is Reddit: The Anime.

By no stretch of the animation is Bojack more Reddit than Rick and Morty.

LITERALLY

le self aware and ironically bad anthropomorphised horse doesn't make it good.

nobody said it wasn't

Okay, just making that clear.

It's kind of depressing and predictable. Every line seems like a setup for something shitty to happen and it always happens at the most depressing time, shit like the reveal of his daughter.

But I too like the animal jokes.

it's one of the better dbz movies

And? Lord forbid people struggling found a well crafted show helps convey their feelings with depression and anxiety.

Not him, but I don't think it would work well on that level because Bojack's depression is so peculiar to his situation, (or spoiled celebrities). Or at least I don't see how I could relate.

Mr peanutbutter is my favourite character on the show.

>the seal who's a Navy Seal

I was thinking about the Zoës and Zeldas gag on BoJack recently. I feel like they got things backwards. The name "Zelda" just seems so much more upright to me. Aunt Zelda on Sabrina, Princee Zelda... and then on the Zoey side, you have Zoey Deschanel who is the definition of a fun quirky girl.

So whenever they would call somebody a Zelda on the show, I would assume they mean that the person is up tight, only to realize that oh yeah, they got it backwards.

is this show better than family guy?

>Not the Albino Gyno Wino Rhino

>I'm so empty
>I'm famous and I'm doing something exciting now
>oh I remembered something from my past now I feel empty again

Every episode. Season 1 was great. Season 2 was shit.

loved all the seasons, it's great adult animated shows like this we need.

inb4 Reddit, just don't.

Translation: I got my feelings about my depression intertwined with the character Bojack so I take any criticism of the show as a personal insult

It's not though? Struggling with success, wondering whether your best days are past you, whether your greatest success on paper is just a joke, wondering if you'll ever make it, trying to make that leap from being a fucking clown to someone who's well respected, the horrible feelings that come with trying to do all these alien things people ask of you because it's all part of the package as you're trying to navigate your way to success.

They're things anyone who's ever actually tried to do something in their life should be able to relate to.

im so depressed :'( btw babykilling is awwwwright

>Struggling with success
Limits the audience about nine-tenths right there.

>wondering whether your best days are past you
I was going to say somebody would have to be a idiot to think that's the case if you're in your early twenties or even a teenager, but I guess that does happen, whether or not it means you're stupid, (though it does).

>whether your greatest success on paper is just a joke
I guess this would apply to high school or college degrees or limited work experience.

>wondering if you'll ever make it
Bojack made it in the show, so that wasn't really his problem.

> trying to make that leap from being a fucking clown to someone who's well respected
I somewhat see this. Bojack accomplished a considerable amount compared to the audience, (presumably), and the way he tried to get respect must be very foreign to how the audience might seek it. Still, it's something that concerns people.

>the horrible feelings that come with trying to do all these alien things people ask of you because it's all part of the package as you're trying to navigate your way to success.
It still seems so foreign so what most people go through.

>They're things anyone who's ever actually tried to do something in their life should be able to relate to.
kek, I guess that's my problem. Thanks doc.

It could also be that Bojack is such an immoral asshole in so many respects that even if they were in a similar position, it would not be a sympathetic choice. It would be like in Futurama, they made Bender the sympathetic character, not Fry, which would have been a horrible decision. Well, that's what they did here. I'm not a hedonistic, egotistical, misogynist manipulator, like Bender and Bojack. It works for Bender because he exists for jokes, and so did Bojack for the most part, but he does not, from my perspective, work as a sympathetic character. Maybe he should have attempted actual reformation instead of pursuing different goals.

IM SAD: the show

Reddit and plebs love this shit because they think the life of a cartoon horse film actor specifically relates to them

very underrated comment

>Well drawn characters that feel identifiably human
>Sophoclean story arcs
>Rapid joke delivery
>Good balance between surrealism and a story world that is firm enough to give weight to the character's action

What more do you guys want from an animated sitcom? Sounds like your issues relate to the concept of 'mental illness' than anything to do with the actual show.

I just watched this and I spent the entire show repeating the words "This is reddit, this is memes, this is reddit, this is memes..." under my breath.

I fucking hated it. I was writhing around on the floor in front of my sofa for the last 30 minutes it was so painful.

>Ayy le sad depressing horse lmao
If you liked it you're in the wrong place

I don't see how it was memes or reddit. It concerns me because I think I couldn't enjoy a show that did this, (like Rick and Morty), but the first season at least simply has very sharp writing so I enjoy it on that level.

An0n3 is a furry and a faggot

It's Reddit because it's very safe and probably made thinking "hey this is what everyone can relate to, we're touching on heavy themes here guys" when really only idiots would find this show relateable

Fucking hell you autists are so fucking predictable. Just enjoy something without worrying if its too reddit or some shit.

The relocatable aspects mean little to me. It's what , though I don't know what's meant by Sophoclean story arc.

*Meant to say relateable

I really wanted to fuck that deer.

Its more about how its obvious something is pulling it's punches because it doesn't want to alienate the largest viewing demographics. Which is something you'll only notice if you're not young and stupid.

S01 great
S02 best
S03 weak but the sopranos thing was fun.
Should have ended at2

>tfw wish Mr Peanut butter was my dog

>Or Hank Hippopalus the Hip-Hop Hippopotamus