The best Star Wars movie is a fucking vidya

>the best Star Wars movie is a fucking vidya

Why can't Hollywood into depth and substance?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sara_Kestelman
youtube.com/watch?v=LbpDxrew4A0
youtube.com/watch?v=o4sxWJISt_8
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=485537937
youtube.com/watch?v=D_P-v1BVQn8
twitter.com/AnonBabble

It's not a movie, it's a teleplay.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sara_Kestelman

that shit was released to a deadline unfinished, it could have been great but it wasn't.

and you're on the wrong board.

>Using a video game to illustrate how pathetic it is that Hollywood can't produce interesting blockbusters any more
>Wrong board

You are not a thinker. That site with the little alien logo may be more your speed.

Is there a finished version with all the incomplete stuff added back in available?

there were lots of patches and fan mods to restore on-disc content that wasn't in the released game, never played it though don't know how much it adds.

>muh edgy sith who can consume whole planets
>muh edgy sith who is immortal because of haterd
>so philosophical
>so deep
It was shit and it didn't fit the tone of Star Wars at all.
You only liked it because you were 16 when it released

They took star wars to strange new places. I can understand how some people didn't like it but I can't understand how anyone didn't like the original kotor, that really captured the star wars vibe.

You're right in that it didn't fit the tone of Star Wars, it was too good for Star Wars, should have been its own IP/universe

>literally every member of your crew is a Jedi

this was such a dumb idea that when I tried to level up a couple characters for this it broke the game and I couldn't play any further, had to reload and keep them normal.

the game knew.

What were you playing it on?

In fairness part of the story is that the Jedi have been pretty much wiped out and you're rebuilding them, hence everyone being force sensitive. At least Based Canderous didn't turn out to be a Jedi, since he and HK-47 are the best companions anyway.

I really liked those stories Canderous would tell. tfw no kotor movie.

>implying any stars wars shit is good
Fuck off Cred Forumsedditor.

>Training Atton and Mira as Jedi
>Ever

Way to break your own immersion.

I played it but never played the unrestored version so I don't know the difference. The ending is pretty good though.

>Villian turns out to be enlightend sith who created you because she was bored
>She wanted to see how far her powers could go
>Predicts your future and those of your friends as a last parting gift
>Says non of it matter anyway and sith and jedi will always coexist.

It litteraly filled up all the gapping plot holes the prequels left open about balance of the force and that sort of non sense.

How was that droid factory planet, or whatever it was compared to the others?

>there will never be a standalone Bindo movie starring Keith David

Tell me about Kotor. Why does he wear the mask?

just kill yourself faggot

ron perman or clancy brown for canderous?

>tfw kotor has at least more content than jadekino

I'd have said Stephen Lang, but thinking about it Ron Perlman has more of an otherworldly quality which would make him a good mando

movies are marketed for children. I frankly don't know why American adults are crazy for those stupid movies.

KOTOR1 is better

youtube.com/watch?v=LbpDxrew4A0

youtube.com/watch?v=o4sxWJISt_8

Didn't know what he was talking about, but it sounded spooky.

I'm not familiar with EU but I heard it's a reference to Yuzhan-Vongs.

Which is kind of lame.

If you have the Steam Version, you can download the restoration pack directly from here: steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=485537937

It restores a LOT of stuff.
Keep in mind that it's still not 100% done and worked on, and there's no telling when they're truly done.

Also as someone who first played the official release, these is basically a godsend.
Instead of the ending basically coming out of nowhere and resolving nothing, it actually feels like an ending.
I mean it's still a massive cliffhanger for KOTOR 3, which is never going to happen with Disney, but it's a cliffhanger only as much as the ending of Mass Effect 2, and since Mass Effect is basically the off-brand KOTOR, you can close your eyes and play peretend like there is a more dramatic Star Wars version of Mass Effect 3 out there, and call it KOTOR 3.

Also fuck off if you're going to rant about Mass Effect 3's ending being bad. It was straight out of Foundation's Edge, and it was amazing if you paid attention throughout the series.

Really?
To me it sounded like it was a reference to the Sith Empire. The one outside of the Galaxy, further referenced in KOTOR 3 as where Revan went before and after KOTOR 1, where the "true threat lied".

Then again, I'm not 100% sure if Kreia confirmed if that true threat is a Sith threat or a Yuzhan-Vong threat.
Sounded like it would be Sith though, since the entire build up for KOTOR 3, was that it's coming, and coming soon, and what little I know about the EU outside of KOTOR suggests they only ever showed up in Luke's time; some 3-4 thousand years later, so it shouldn't be them.

I don't think the Sith fled the galaxy though, just further into the Unknown Regions.

I'm not familiar with the Vong either, but the way Canderous describes it waking up and deciding to leave; there's something that disturbs me about a thing that can travel the void between galaxies.

Revan was warning us about the MMO.

It's True Sith in 2, yes, and TOR actually expands on it, though it doesn't have writing quite as good as 2 does, and it does retcon a lot of 2, like making Kreia objectively insane and wrong, also making it so that 1 and 2 protagonists, Revan and Exile, do meet in the True Sith Empire, band with some Sith guy named Lord Scourge, confront Sith Emperor and get backstabbed by Lord Scourge. Who would have thought? Anyway, they get shat on by the Sith. Also Exile has hots for Revan. Also Nihilus is indirectly retconned - his power to consume planets is given to Sith Emperor.

And T3-M4, the true hero of KotOR 2, gets destroyed in an off-hand reference in a canon book that bridges 2 and TOR.

That was the exact story I was thinking about.

Stephen is too short.

>Kreia
>Objectively Insane

>The only character who has a greater and more cohesive motivation than "Survive and maybe put things back the way way they used to be" is insane
For fuck's sake.
She did absolutely nothing beyond restate what every other Jedi and Sith has said, and pointed out that if you're anything but a zealous worshipper of the Force, it's extremely wrong to know that no matter what you do, the reason you can do it, is because either the Force guides you to do it, or because it doesn't actively stop you from doing it.

She basically pointed out that the only difference between the Star Wars Universe based on what was established by that point, and Ravenloft, is that the Force for the most part is somewhat more altruistic than the Dark Powers.

still better than Force Awakens

I actually googled it and here's the summary from reddit:
>Kreia is probably butchered the worst, she shows up as this dark side "entity" that was the emperors old lover or some shit like that, and is now imprisoned and wants to be released (absolutely missed the entire point of her character AND KOTOR 2 in the process).
Thank you, Bioware.

We'll always have kotor user.

I only ever played this on the original xboxen and didn't know beforehand how much of an unfinished broken mess it was, what a fucking letdown after the first game.

guess I should try the modded/fixed version at some point.

what the FUCK

>All of that
youtube.com/watch?v=D_P-v1BVQn8

HANDMAIDEN A CUTE!

That ain't right

>tfw no Mandalorian War series or movie

shut the fuck up cunt

Why would anyone make his character look like a complete cunt?

female Exile detected

They did it for the stats.
Same reason not all elves ran around in string bikinis before transmogrification.

It is a sad feel

This nigga is my favorite character in the entire SWU

Clancy Brown is a very good choice. Michael Ironside would work too if he wasn't old and bloated.

Last genuinely great Bioware game. I replay it at least once a year.

>defending the ending of ME3
Ho-ho, my lad! Down go, my lad!

>it was amazing if you paid attention throughout the series.

It was actually more offensive if you paid attention throughout the series. Shepard's entire motivation and character arc boils down to "muh Earth" and "muh little kid I couldn't save", when it's possible to have established a ruthless soldier character who has seen enough death not to be phased by that shit. Who may in your game not even be FROM Earth.

And that's only in the first ten minutes. Fuck ME3.

You're right.
Hardboiled American soldiers couldn't give a shit about Washington or New York being attacked either; let alone some kid dying, who had no good reason to be put in the fucked up kind of situations that made them hardboiled to begin with.

You realize you're complaining that the writers didn't let your character go 100% Murderhobo, right?

>KOTOR establishes Mandalorians as a race with a long, elaborate history of discovery and conquering, warmongering, etc.
>they have a unique code of honor, general hardened disposition, and clan specific armor and titles
>gets retconned in the new canon
>now they're all bounty hunters who look exactly like Boba Fett

I mean, the pink Boba Fett girl in that new cartoon, holy shit. How can you miss the point of a character so much while willingly ignoring or refusing to appropriate literal tons of established backstory about his race? It makes me wish I never liked Star Wars.