Why are art movies so complicated?

Why are art movies so complicated?

You're just dumb

I am not though, art movies are just shit. Pretentious shit.

Every "art movie" I've seen has just been some retarded bullshit someone pulled out their ass and justified with "muh symbolism". It's not complicated unless you take them seriously, which is not a smart thing to do.
It's like trying to find defined meaning in a Pollock painting.. but if Pollock was a jackass who claimed his paintings actually had meaning...

Because "art movie" means "no plot" and you don't like movies but watching/listening to stories

A movie is way more than just the plot

This is EXACTLY the shit that I mean. Why needlessly overcomplicate things?

If you only care about the plot go read the script

But I like movies

Pfft... Right..
Is the opposite true as well?
if I made a bunch of recordings with a blank black screen and the equivalent of an old radio show playing, nothing but people talking and sound effects... would you consider that a "movie" because "a movie is way more than just visuals"?

And if someone said they didn't enjoy watching a blank screen, would you say they "don't enjoy movies"?

No, you don't. You like stories. Try watching a foreign film in a language you don't speak without subs, if you can enjoy it you like films. If not, you don't

It's like saying you listen to music for the lyrics

>Is the opposite true as well?
No

>anything that isn't capeshit is pretentious
Kill yourself.

Why would I want to watch a film when I don't know the fuck is going on? Are you by any chance one of those artsy-fartsy indie film makers?

And neither is what you said.

A movie is more than just plot.. but it still needs a fucking plot to be called a movie.

By definition it does not.

>tfw too smart for art kino

Seeing is believing

>but it still needs a fucking plot to be called a movie.
Says who

The dictionary, look it up

It says "pictures in movement"

>story or event
>or

>numbers.png
>Cred Forums isn't a hive mind

>mfw plebs can't comprehend the mixture of sight and sound and translate it too emotion

Art movies have nothing to do with complexity. You are just a literal pleb.