What does Cred Forums think?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=v8y6Vhj098U
twitter.com/darththawne/status/786537570796642304
youtube.com/watch?=121&v=k7ZW1gtCljs
starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Timeline_of_canon_media#js
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Looks promising

At least now there's a good explanation for her being sent there. Get fucked haters.

>the POW-UH! that we are dealing with here... is immeasurable
What did he mean by this?

Felicity is cute

movie looks aight

visually better than TFA since no JJ meme directing

hope the space battles are better this time

ECH Vader should walk slowly and deliberately, not powerwalk.

This deal is getting worse all the time.

>the protagonist's father built the death star
>luke's father is on the death star
P O T T E R Y
O
T
T
E
R
Y

Can we get a gif of the asian guy's orgasm at 1:36?

>At least now there's a good explanation for her being sent there. Get fucked haters.
You think there was something in there that everyone didn't already know?

Whats our callsign Cred Forums ?

Big... Big guy

God damit, this is awsome.

that forced diversity

>forced

>Whats our callsign Cred Forums
Kill yourself faggot

Really reaching with this complaint.

Fucking hell. Are Vaders eyes even red?

Still memeing this like a dumb faggot. Is your internet a week behind?

Not a complaint, just an observation that it's another story where a father-child relationship is crucial. I think the movie looks good.

I'm sure glad they filled the diversity quota. I might have been distracted from the film without that realism.

Im going to watch this for mads

>It's another monomyth episode

It might offend some but others actually have that opinion.

>white guys can be anything but bad now

doesn't feel like Star Wars wtf

Dear user. I implore you not to give disney any more of your money.

expecting them to understand story telling and meta narrative at all.

bro do you even disney.

Dunno mang.

Still looks really mixed.

Some great looking shots in there, but also tons of cringey as fuck looking acting and dialogue.

And can't quite shake the Fan Film/Video Game Cut Scene feel. Like...It just doesn't feel like a story that needs a whole proper film.

Might wait for the BR rip tbqh.

>kyle katarn is a nu-male
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK YOU DISNEY KEKSSSSSSSSSS

Looks more original than TFA in a sense but TFA still killed all my NEW HOPE for Star Wars that its trailers gave so fuck it I'll wait for the bluray.

Its getting fucking old.

I would only want to watch this if most of those rebels die ala Dirty Dozen style. That lead actress's overbite is nauseating.

Gareth Edwards fucked Disney over so bad they completly banned him from the industry, he has absolutely no projects lined up whatsoever

Rogue One is the blunder of the millenium tbqh

Can't tell if she's hot or ugly.

Guess that equals out to cute.

She looks awkward as fuck in the role.

The Donny Nip looks fucking atrocious too. His little "awww yeah" moment during what I guess is an inspirational speech made me internally cringe hard.

Star Wars fans don't actually give a fuck about Luke Skywalker it turns out.

>A Star Wars STORY

shit...mads is in two gisnip films . I'm sorry user.

Like...she looks like a rodent...but it also gives her some decent DSL.

So I dunno.

>desert planet
>forrest planet
At least there is a tropical looking location but jesus these people can travel across galaxies and every goddamn location is the same? At least the prequels had immense variation in locations.

That said this looks like it has the potential to be wayyyy better than TFA and a proper star wars movie.

Don't worry. I will pirate this beforehand.

That's retarded. I'm actually convinced you're a shill. Just because you like an actor doesn't mean you should watch the pieces of shit they play a part in.

how so?

this is laughable
i feel like they showed final moments of every canon fodder character

>what's our callsign
rubber dinghy rapids bro

Looks ok. Nothing special really

>I am a cuck for not regurgitating already dead and annoying memeing about muh forced diversity that was relevent for a literal weekend.
>we cant have an actual film discussion on Cred Forums without our Cred Forums sticking out of our pants

Sure

>deathstar is mainplot again

for fucks sake guys

THE FORCE IS STWOOOONG

>her father built the death star

I thought Geonosians built the deathstar?

When they say built do they mean her father designed it?

>another death star

way to go george.......

Honestly sort of seems more like a backdrop this time.

doesn't look like star wars. it's going to bomb

SCREENCAP THIS

The kind of faggots that enjoy tfa and rebels aren't real star wars fans. They're just extremely indoctrinated cucks.

post Felicity

fuck off

Even if it's terrible it's not going to bomb, because SW name on it alone makes it profitable.

>Still not willing to showcase the Maw
>Not breaking freedom fighters out of Kessel
Well, if the movies are too pussy to do it, maybe Rebels will.

The Confederacy bankrolled the design and engineering of the Death Star, and they brought in the Genosians to do it. It didn't begin construction until after the Empire's formation and end of the Clone Wars.

That's the point young fella, they're not memeing.

>Plot is literally 100% centered around the Death Star

>"more of a back drop"

user, pls stop.

Autism

>he doesn't know about the reshoots

Why is the main character a clearly privileged white female? Why not a woman of Asian descent or a woman of colour with a more common bodytype? If she was transgender I could accept this but I thought Star Wars movies were about being inclusive and diverse.

I'll pass on this.

She's giving me a rabbit fetish.

Beautiful mouth, but I'd be scared to put my dick in there. I've seen rats chew through cinder blocks.

So the two aliens are only going to be in the movie for 5 minutes tops then? Fuck this movie. Now call me a baiting shitposting bigot for wanting science fiction over generic Mexicans.

nope

Disney ruined the franchise and everyone knows now every SW they make will be shit because they saw the abomination that is force awakens.

Is this a jedi statue ?

4... 4U.

SOME FOLKS ARE BORN
MADE TO WAVE THE FLAG

nice resolution faggot

Are you not that good at context when you watch trailers? Any moron can understand that the main focus of the film is not the death star itself. The death star is a backdrop for smaller storylines to happen between the rebel characters

>le magical negro forest whitaker

this kills the remaining life force of the franchise

eight hundred million max

That's retarded. I'm actually convinced you're a shill. Just because you like a director doesn't mean you should watch the pieces of shit they play a part in.

Wrong board for that, kiddo. Nobody cares.

it was formed by the wind and water

j u s t a c o i n c i d e n c e

>generic CGI-heavy blockbuster wearing a Star Wars skin

Lucas what have you done

>young fella
Oh christ, stop.

>The Donny Nip looks fucking atrocious too.
Just wait till he starts swinging
youtube.com/watch?v=v8y6Vhj098U

AHH! I GET IT! IT'S THE PLANET WHERE LIGHTSABER CRYSTALS ARE MADE AND THEN THEY'RE GONNA USE THE BIGGEST CRYSTAL FOR THE DEATH STAR

user. However I word it you're going to have to face the fact that some people honestly hold that opinion.

No fucking shit retard. I'm never going to watch Passion of the Christ or Happy Feet.

It looks fun and interesting. When am I allowed to have fun Cred Forums? Im getting a Star Wars movie with fucking Vader in it...can I not be excited?

90's born faggots can't abide different opinions.

Great, this is not the board for it, and the opinion is retarded.

It literally is the Death Star itself.

It's literally about her missing her daddy, who has gone to help build the Death Star, going to find her Daddy and resolve her betrayal issues (by finding out he was forced by the bad man to do dirty work) and steal the plans for the Death Star.

What part of;

>It's about the Death Star again

Are you confused by?

This is as fucking stupid as saying Die Hard isn't about a man trapped in a building with terrorists. It's about a man resolving his issues with his ex wife while he happens to be trapped in a building with terrorists.

The Death Star will be LESS of a back drop in this than it was in the other films.

>I'm never going to watch Passion of the Christ
And you'll miss out on something fantastic because of it.

frumpy/10

More like that pandering to chinamen after FA's China box office came up short.

Just imagine that kid throwing scene in an american movie
>MOMS GONNA FREAK OUT

Except that it's the opinon most of Cred Forums holds. Just like the force awakens being garbage. How fucking new are you?

Are you that samefag who posts the same responses after you meme about the forced diversity? I swear you've been in every recent rogue one thread responding to literally everyone by calling them 90s kids. Do you work? Get a job, faggot.

You're allowed to have fun, always
That's what your normie friends are doing, right?

Yet right here we come clean and acknowledge the corporate machine taking the things we love and blowing them up and pushing them on general audiences for the biggest profit.
This is no artistry, this is corporate banking

You just know his action scenes will be butchered by awful camera work and editing.

>With Vader in it

We've had 6 of those fucking things, and only 3 of them were good.

Is that her...mum?

muh, it looks more and more like a hunger games clone.

I didnt stutter, faggot. If you dont want to hear what I said then fine. But I'm not wrong. You dont seem too familiar with how to spot where a narrative is going or how its framed. This movie is not about the death star...

>We've had 6 of those fucking things
You're a total moron. May as well claim Luke and Leia were in II and III. Being technically correct doesn't mean your point isn't nonsensical.

Yeah they're going to love seeing Asian stereotypes being led around by a white woman. Then the Coup de grâce of Finn fucking the fat asian in episode 8.

Well this sold me. Looks fun.

>I speak for all of the board
You dont, and I guarantee you it is not a majority opinion.

Also faggot, i've been here for years and in every Rogue One thread since the first teaser. This isnt your friend simulator.

I can understand 'fun', but how the fuck is this interesting? Who cares who stole the plans, we all know the Death Star gets blown up anyway, and these aren't even the plans to the final death star, just the penultimate one. Apparently even the Empire don't even care, since the whole subplot of finding who stole the plans was dropped after a new hope.

I'm sorry but this is the most unneccessary movie of all time. I usually don't make fedora tipping comments like this, but you are literally being conned by Disney at this point.

I don't think you appreciate how uncritical normies are as consumers.

that's still profit

My point isn't nonsensical. This Vader will be as fucking stupid as the (other) prequel Vaders or the fan films.

And this is what this is - A prequel and a fan film.

It's just going to be a cringe worthy drag through the mud for a beloved character from your childhood.

It will be like seeing Slimer in the new Ghostbusters.

MEH. I will only be satisfied if Vader absolutely fucks everything up.

>I'm a normie for being able to also have fun with movies
We cant all just watch The Holy Mountain backwards and in Arabic until we die

>death star darth vader pew pew aliens
can they do something original FOR ONCE?

looks like old Obi-Wan what the fuck

This is only the second rogue one thread I've participated it, but I really do hope you're that guy that got wrecked in the thread a few hours ago.

You're literally, objectively wrong.

The central premise of the film involves the Death Star. The plot hinges around the Death Star.

It's not an argument. You're objecting to facts. It's like arguing that water isn't wet.

>This movie is not about the death star...

No, really, it is. Seriously. That's what it's about.

Just so you fucks know, I'm screencapping all these 'huh it actually looks good' posts to show you what a bunch of fucking idiots you all are when in 5 months time this turns out to be another TFA and Disney took your money

Looks ok I guess. Some of the CG looks half baked, like the (new?) Rebel ship taking off.

Overall seems watchable.

The Geonosians were involved in the early phases of construction as well, but they got genocided for "Dead Men Tell No Tales" type security reasons.

Jyn's father was involved in refining the original Geonosian blueprints and redesigning the superlaser system if I recall spoilers right.

They're going to have to downplay Vader's action scenes. Otherwise the inconsistencies with the other movies will be glaring. You follow me? Going to need to make him more of a lumbering juggernaut and less of what you might've seen in the shitty cartoons, comics, and game.

>I speak for everyone
Fuck off newfag

fuck off retard

they wanted to undermine the ot narrative even more apparently. Since basically the ot looked like white people do fun things the series.

Well not anymore.

It's literally like a video game plot or one of those DTV Ewok movies or the Droids cartoon at this point.

I just want to know when pic related will finally get his own feature film.

>It's eh... Rogue... Rogue One

Really, Gareth?

I never said I spoke for the board, however also having been here for years, I've been able to read the threads and see that prevailing opinion is that disney star wars is garbage.

Vader is the new Godzilla

>I read this in hayden's voice

honestly after the first movie had him breaking his contract word and shitting on the new movies, I knew we were in for a bad ride

did you screencap yet?

they are shills user

>movie is framed to be a triumph over obstacles by a ragtag group of misfits and about one daughter being reunited with her father
>every trailer has focused on the smaller characters in a larger world
>death star is literally only a plot device to act as a catalyst for the main heroine to confront her personal issues, it literally a backdrop while smaller more interesting stories happen

user, the death star is in it...the movie is not ABOUT the death star. You are being juvenile.

I did this for Prometheus. I even accurately predicated much of the plot.

I came back with my screencaps, including those with tripfags in them, and gloated.

And no, at all, apologized or cared.

I at least said sorry to the user who (somewhat spookily) almost 100% accurately guessed the box office take and RT score for Deadpool and got laughed off of the board.

nice catch user

what I don't understand is how disney is so bad at naming things. Jedha, really?

I'm not screencapping anything. It's literally impossible for a SW movie to bomb.

>just the penultimate one.
You've forgotten Death Star III i.e. Starkiller Base.

It is but soon enough star wars will just be marvel level cookie cutter shit. If it hasn't become that already. It's not going to be an event any more.

Edwards can at least make slower paced movies and not energy drink video game commercials for 12 year olds like JJ, I'm down

So how badly will the reshoots fuck this up?

S P A C E K I N O

twitter.com/darththawne/status/786537570796642304

>literally impossible for a SW movie to bomb.

not now it isn't

>Movie is framed to be about a ragtag group overcoming obstacles...by stealing the plans for the Death Star
>Every trailer, poster, synopsis and interview concerning the plot has focused on the Death Star
>Death Star is literally a plot device to act as a catalyst for the fucking movie to exist

>The movie is not ABOUT the Death Star

You might want to tell the writer, the director and Disney.

>In a time of conflict, a group of unlikely heroes band together on a mission to steal the plans to the Death Star, the Empire's ultimate weapon of destruction.

Your fucktarded explanation applies equally to the entire series.

user's original point was;

>Yay, another Star Wars film that hinges on "how can we blow up the Death Star or it's variants"

Which is exactly what the goddamn film is about (as much as any other entry is).

This is much stronger than the other two trailers. The cast in this is pretty good. If I thought they were going to play this straight serious like this trailer suggests, I'd be excited. However we all know this will be quip city.

Something about this looks really shitty. They've managed to shoot on location (?) yet still have it look like ass.

it's like they say: "want something original, do it yourself"

>It is but soon enough star wars will just be marvel level cookie cutter shit.

Didn't watch TFA yet?

It's your cynical asshole nature souring your mind I expect, since it's amazing cinematography

You are such a salty and obtuse faggot, arent you? Any autistic child can tell that the death star itself is not the plot's focus...

ONE HUNDRED BILLION DOLLARS!

Still not interested

Valley of the Dark Lords on Korriban?

It looks like a shot out of Doctor Who. It really does. I expect to see Cybermen in Stormtroopers places.

Learn to read faggot.

This trailer with the motivational speeches looks like it's comprised of the "Make It More Cheerful!" reshoot material.

I was expecting more quips tbqh.

Unless...The stuff in that trailer was meant to be quips?

If so, Gareth Edwards might be the least humorous man on the planet.

I am not sure user, the brand is still really strong. if it was 4 or 5 more movies into their 'plan' I think chance at failure would be higher but until something goes drastically wrong, which disney goes out of its way to make sure doesn't happen..

I mean..Starwars isn't Lone Ranger or John Carter.. it has a currency all unto itself and until they finish squeezing it for a bit..

I mean nostalgiafags alone.. TFA looked nothing like what a bunch of white guys should have wanted and yet there were the dominant force at box office to the tune of nearly or around 2 billion.

He is mimmicking Darth Vader

Wow, had no idea that rebellions were so fun and inspirational.

Makes me feel jealous about the syrian rebels.

>tfw OT Star Wars is just a half life
>there can be an infinite number of intermediate movies between movies till the end of time

their lightning dp looks a lot like TFA, its got that new pastiche look that isn't as visually pleasing as other movies in the universe. Which seems to be their thematic lens for new movies.

that's why I said screencap

they will barely make a profit only because of chinese insects

>it looks cool as a wallpaper that means it's great cinematography

i wish this fucking meme would end

Not only that, a numale spic.

which one is kyle katarn?

It looks cheap

I'M obtuse?

>hurr durr it's not even about the Death Star - That's just a catalyst and backdrop and central location for the film, it's really about Daddy issues.

>Speed isn't even about a bus with a bomb on it, it's about an uptight asshole learning to loosen up and score a quirky and unpredictable GF

>Any autistic child can tell that the death star is not the plot's focus

It's literally the focus. That's not even in dispute.

Stupid fucks couldn't even get the vader costume right.

Bro it has darth vader in it, that shit will sell itself. I could start a pissant ad firm and sell the shit out of this movie with just vader. Thats all you will see around thanksgiving is vader fucking everywhere.

>they will barely make a profit only because of chinese insects

I remember when TFA was going to bomb worldwide too

Wow this looks bad. Certain segments of the arts and VFX departments once again the only ones who know what they're doing.

The acting and dialogue is pure garbage.

It's the costumes. Which look authentic, but on real locations look silly. Like Star Wars/Mad Max rip offs filmed in Italy.

There is nothing wrong with the cinematography in that grab though, to be fair. They have one of the best D.P.'s in the world working on it. I don't expect it to look shoddy.

fuck off, Diego is not a numale.

imagine if this was directed by terrence mallick
and had a male lead

it would be the best

I dunno, I don't like it I guess. it looks too try-hardish. too much "real" scenes. people walking etc. doesn't feel "star wars". camera is too far away in many scenes. I think this will flop.

Why does she wear the mask?

Are we going to get more Sheev?

"Rebellions are built on hope xD"

yall screencap yet?

>I mean nostalgiafags alone.. TFA looked nothing like what a bunch of white guys should have wanted and yet there were the dominant force at box office to the tune of nearly or around 2 billion.
I think a lot of those people learned their lesson.

If all of them don't die in the end, this movie is going to be uber shit. It's already looks suspicious idk. A lot of cringeworthy moments, true. Rebellion built on diversity and cringe. Also dat line:
> POW-UH

>Its rouge one

>not rouge squadran

You literaly had one job disney you fucking dumb shits

>trying to pass as an imperial officer without shaving

apparently the rebels are idiots.

>dat fucking subtle Islamic normalization of the west the Jews are forcing down our throats

>They're asking for a call sign.

>Uhh rouge... Rogue One: A Star Wars Story™

woo black people killin duh whitey!

You're a fucking retard then, because they're using Ultra Panavision 70 lenses to film

Look I'm not trying to offend anyone but there aren't mexican imperials so the fucking disguise to her right is beyond stupid. I expect that lack of detail in a videogame not a non-interactive experience.

No, they haven't, I don't believe for a minute the ad campaign disney can drop on this country at any given time without competition that they won't sell the shit out of it.

people forget the number 1 reason go to movies is just for shit to do. Go out to eat, go watch a movie, etc.

The new movies don't have the Star Wars feel. They feel empty and generic.

Lucas had his weakpoints but atleast his movies got that right.

>butthurt prequelfags think this movie will bomb

apex kek

>Bro it has darth vader in it,
You're embarrassing yourself.

>Lead actress wears a burka
>Plot is about a bunch of religious fanatic ethnic minorities illegally entering a country and stealing plans for a military installation so they can launch a terrorist attack on it
>Religious fanatics even spout the familiar "If God Wills It" mantra of brown people sand terrorists
>The Rogue One pilot already blew up a Boots

How retarded are you

Fuck off

Oh sorry, thought this was a board to discuss film. Didnt realize that your brain fucking hurts at concepts that are deeper than "I see da death star. All movie about death star", despite nothing in any of the trailers showing you that besides it being a very literal backdrop to the main narrative focus. The death star doesnt even play the same role in this...its not a target to blow up, they are getting the plans, but obviously the story is more character centric than other Star Wars films...the drives are smaller. All of the set pieces are not even at the death star. You dont seem like a guy who gets subtext or understands what a narrative focus IS for a film....but the death star (besides being part of the marketing gimmick) shows to play no central role that offsets the more tightly knit arcs the film is obviously setting up.

Unless you are a retard, then you just gonna shout "death star" at me

the CGI is much better here than in the first trailer. the action scenes seem exciting, but there seems to be three or four of them so that'll get old really fast. the main character is still flat.

I wasn't sold with the first trailer. this one is at least making me think, but I'm still leaning on passing up on it. maybe if Donnie reveals himself to be a survivor of Order 66 and duels Vader to allow his mates to escape I might go.

This thread confirms Cred Forums is left with nothing but jaded assholes who can't enjoy anything popular or new, and think everything is a jewish conspiracy

wait, doesn't one mean like uh... the first of the series? won't there be rouge two and three?

>TFA looked exactly like what the expectations of a Star Wars films should look like, just with a token black guy in it

Whoopdedoooooo.

>there aren't mexican imperials
Someone seems to be forgetting that the entirety of Imperial Army started off as clones of one spic.

>worst movie ticket sales in history
>disney burnt people out on SW advertising already making them resent it
>shit trailers
>learned their lesson with force awakens

BOMB AT OFFICE

youtube.com/watch?=121&v=k7ZW1gtCljs

They don't just rhyme, but they also mirror. You notice that in a lot of these parallels characters are moving in, facing, or positioned opposite from each other. In most of the R2-D2 scenes he's facing one direction in the prequel version and facing the opposite in the other. Luke's speeder is moving towards the left while Anakin's is moving towards the right. The Chancellor Swings his chair to the left while the Emperor Swings his chair to the right. Anakin is always on the right when kissing Padme and Han is always on the left when kissing Leia.

As described in Mike Kilmo's Star Wars Ring Theory Article the prequels don't just parallel the Originals, but mirror them to create a circle.

tl;dr George Lucas was a genius.

Doesn't mean I'm wrong. The popularity of vader is the reason lucas switched the emphasis of his movies. Toy sales. It has vader in it. He will be thee marketing gimmick.

What if I enjoy new things AND think it's a jewish conspiracy?

> squadran
how can it be a squadron if they are only ship

He's probably too old to be one but he has the look.

>enjoying literal children flicks

back 2 youknowwhere

>it's a flashback episode
>it's another prequel
>it is dodging all the cliffhangers from TFA
>there isn't a single cast member from TFA
>it is going to make more loopholes than shitty cable management
>it is going to take another 3 years for the next shitstorm
like pottery

Why did they land so far away?

I am a diehard prequel fag and do not think it will bomb. it has vader in it, it will sell.

and then the cast opened their mouths at the very end and it turned into a quip fest cringe fest

>you don't like my manchild comfort movies
>must be jaded assholes

Oh please don't feed me your faux rebuttal. It's fucking obvious there aren't anymore clones. It's obvious he's not a clone anyways.

>They're using an expensive lens

If I shot my autistic brother in a cardboard Vader costume in my garage on my iPhone, with Ultra Panavision 70 lenses, do you think it would look slick?

Lazy genius.

so they can have a panning scene.

movies these days are shot because it looks cool, not because it makes sense within the movie.

>He is mimmicking Darth Vader
Actually, that sounds good. Otherwise it just sounds like he's hamming it up.

Gareth Edwards is a good director

I liked Monsters but Godzilla was shite.

>YOU REDDIT IF YOU ENJOY FUN THINGS
>REEEEEE
>BACK TO YOUKNOWHODOOBADOO

I don't know exactly what the problem is but something is definitely off about it. Using some fancy camera doesn't automatically mean it looks good.

This actually looks good, i'm amazed. The quips were a bit annoying but it's a trailer, i'll let it slide.

After the teasers and the awful posters I was worried.

better resolution?

Yeah no.

>"we want Star Wars spinoffs"
>"this looks like shit"
Make up your minds, SW nerds.

Also wtf
How much time did pass since Vader's girly 'NOOOOOO' till picril moment? Also in Clone Wars which is considered to be canon, they found crystal for DS weapon on Utapau. So was Hannibal cooperating with them at that time? When Anaking was a jedi yet? Wtf i dont get all this shit. A lot of plot holes though.

yes

Spot on user.

>godzilla was shite

You fags are ready for this board become /starwars/ again?

That looks like shit.
If you have any critical knowledge of film beyond pretty visuals and franchise nostalgia bait, you'd recognize instantly the shitty dialogue and acting which theyve tried to hide through this rather minimalist 3 trailers

Theyre not hiding it from me. Director of Godzilla, writer of After Earth.

It looks like shit

>no thick rimmed glasses
>not balding
>no retarded undercuts
>no meme trimmed beard
>no mouthbreather chin
>lean face with well pronounced features

The only visual numale characteristic he has is that he's fairly small and twinkish

how old is jyn or whatever? felicity is 32 or whatever but usually they want to play someone younger so that doesn't help

apparently rogue one takes place immediately before a new hope according to this -

starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Timeline_of_canon_media#js

with it then taking place 22 years after the events of clones and 19 years after events of revenge of the sith

i'd put young jyn at maybe 5 or so, so it could be that when her father is taken away it's actually taking place during the events of clones and he's helping the geonosians rather than refining their initial idea

also the little speech she gives about hope is lame

It probably won't flop in the conventional sense, but if it makes less than $1.5 billion there's going to be some serious kvetching in the Disney boardroom.

Totally not a Chewie ripoff

>Diversity quota
>The movie

Is this propaganda? Feels like propaganda somehow.

>there are prequel fags in 2016 after getting bodied by rlm AGAIN

why haven't you killed yourself yet?

The user complained that this plot hinged, yet again, on destroying a Death Star.

There is nothing else here to debate, or for anyone to grasp. That's what the plot hinges on.

That's what he is complaining about.

You are talking about nothing.

>but obviously the story is more character centric than other Star Wars films

You are going out on a long fucking limb there, with zero indication to support your supposition.

This looks LESS character driven than any other Star Wars film. It looks like generic placeholders with a central character having forced Daddy Issue tropes to overcome to get from set piece to set piece.

>but the death star (besides being part of the marketing gimmick) shows to play no central role that offsets the more tightly knit arcs the film is obviously setting up.

On the former you're simply incorrect. Empirically so.

On the latter you're talking out of your ass, as you have no fucking idea what "tightly knit" arcs are being set up, especially since said "tightly knit" arcs have been rewritten and reshot into the ground with major changes in a manner of months.

So I wouldn't count on them being "tightly" knit at all, more thrown together.

You tell me what deep and rich character work we're going to get here beyond;

>Rat bitch thinks daddy is dead
>Rat bitch thinks daddy is a traitor
>Rat bitch finds out daddy is a prisoner
>Rat bitch is conflicted but goes through with the mission anyway
>Rat bitch gets a bunch of thinly sketched rebel odd bods to pump their fists and say "hurrah" after a lazily written, dead eye delivery speech before we hit an action beat in which they get to sacrifice themselves one by one, in order of pay cheque

We'll get an extended cameo by Vader to wreck some shit, and that will be that.

>he watches little kid cartoons unironically

Whats the proper way to wear a fedora?

Please autismo. I was just saying it's perfectly possible for a spic to serve in the imperial army. Hell, we had a NEGRO storm trooper...

>butthurt prequelfags think this prequel will bomb

Are you fucking stupid?

It's Disney

what s pao race?

>new

>Star Wars Spin Off Slash Prequel

We've been getting these for 30 fucking years now, dip shit.

no, I don't even like the movies

Woah. Theres diversity in this??? Really??? Like, what the fuck!!

They made a decent trailer. Too bad the actual story and movie itself were garbage.

Sallallahu Alayhi Wassalam!

I am a Star Wars faggot. Shame on me I guess? And I literally vomited after seeing TFA.

>these jungle sets

Pure glorious pulp.

They really are going to make the same movie over and over arent they.

>there's going to be some serious kvetching in the Disney boardroom.

I HOPE there will be. If they reconsider the current direction the franchise may yet be saved.

>maybe if Donnie reveals himself to be a survivor of Order 66 and duels Vader to allow his mates to escape I might go.
I just asked Cred Forums's Star Wars thread about this.
They said he's no a jedi. He's not even force sensitive.
He's a member of "The Church of The Force".

trips of Islam

Great analysis, Roper. Didnt know this triggered you so much though.

Oh boy, just imagine how awful it was before the reshoots.

Does Star Wars warrant a cinematic universe? I know the MCU does really well, but I don't know if the public will give a shit about all these Star Wars spinoffs. I have a feeling the audience only really cares about the main Star Wars movies.

Same shit with Harry Potter and Fantastic Beats. I'm not sure if that will do as well as WB expects.

all art is propaganda user

>Doesn't close it "because you need to see the actor's face"
Putin/Jinping destroy the west.

based billy batts

Show me a single non-white officer in Sheev's Empire. Your Snoke cuck shit is entirely irrelevant, autist.

>more Scots in Star Wars
sign me the FUCK up good shit go౦ԁ sHit thats some goodshit rightth ere rightthere if i doƽaү somy self i say so thats what im talking about right there right there (chorus: ʳᶦᵍʰᵗ ᵗʰᵉʳᵉ) mMMMMᎷM HO0OଠOOOOOOଠଠOoooᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒ Good shit

>the death star was just a giant lightsaber emitter

>Dat bit where Token Chinese Guy does the "right on, sister!" face and bangs his staff
>Dat POW HUHHHH
>Dat meant-to-be-inspirational kinda lazy ramble Wonky Eyed Magic Negro does and the lazy, halfhearted "Right On! Woo!" the crew sorta deliver
>Dat "Rogue.....Rogue One." quip that isn't.

Jesus, this is going to be like Godzilla. A shitty script with painfully flat and dead eyed performances that is shot really nicely.

In all honesty this looks dope as fuck.

That's the point

>ESB costume

For fuck's sakes, ONE JOB.

>>he's too cool to go to the theatre to watch something that's really just about special effects and pew pew pew

Finn isnt a Stormtrooper, the First Order isnt the Empire....

This isn't genius, or poetry, or even good film making. It's just straight up recycling ideas.

the difference is Rogue One has recognizable SW imagery, even if that wasn't enought it has "Star Wars" in the title

FB doesn't really look related to HP unless you know about it already

Except hes signed to do 2 more Godzilla movies.

Point me to one movie in the past 3 years that had NO reshoots

I'll be triggered as much as I want. Just wait until I give this a fucking rotten score.

Just imagine how fucking bad Josh Trank's film would have been, if he managed to get fired, but THIS has been deemed acceptable for release.

What the fuck, that thing looks like lumpy.

After TFA i have no faith in this shit. I will accept no explanations after mary sue's first-try mind trick. These jews have no respect to the fucking story. I guess it's convinient to wipe out the entire Expended Universe and it would be legit to do all this mary sue shit, CUZ SHE'S A WOMAH U'KNOW? Instead of great adventure story about Kyle Katarn we get this shit. I wanna die. People are disgusting.

Looks cool.

wait a fucking... THE FUCK???

where is ray, where is fin? are they reebooting the whole series? WHY!!!?

Kek

the EU was utter shit

move on faggot

That's why they're prequels and not proper spin offs.

People will see the Death Star and Vader and be like;

>Cool, more Star Wars.

It's a movie set before Episode IV. They weren't even born yet.

Disney is just producing it.

this could've been absolute kino, some of it still remains, but Disney had to add cringey lines and reshoot the whole thing.

>Thrawn is utter shit
What did you just say, you little bitch?

>Except hes signed to do 2 more Godzilla movies.
why are you spreading misinformation?

>In May 2016, Edwards exited Godzilla 2 in an amicable split with the studio to work on smaller scale projects.[12]

>Too cool

Too lazy really.

Unless something looks fucking awesome, I can't be fucked going to the movies anymore.

exactly

why isn't felicity my gf

>implying executives don't have final say over editorial.

...it kind of did. The return of Star Wars, the biggest film franchise in history. A two-year prolonged, aggressive marketing blitz on a scale previously unheard of. Disney were clearly banking on having the first $3 billion gross in history, and fell about $800 million short. They didn't unseat Avatar, nor even Titanic, a 21-year-old film that made its money when ticket prices were literally half of what they are now.

TFA was a downplayed disappointment.

Because you're a fucking white male.

You have no idea what you are talking about. The suit was specifically designed to look like ANH

>nice catch
are you fucking blind?

>Tfw autistic retards think they know anything about dialogue or acting
It's cringe worthy how pathetic your critique is

>not using the more symmetrical vader constume from prequels
>lets use the ot version that looks clunkier

nostalgiafags are idiots

I hate TFA but it looked miles better than this. This really looks like a bunch of cosplayers. If I give Disney Wars another chance it will be with the continuation of Luke's story, not some haggard soccer mom protagonist.

kathleen kennedy and her iron fist of feminism.

Because you don't smell like cheese.

>tfw you spend all dat money and you still can't be Cameron's stupid fucking boat movie

Maybe if they had put some tits in it like Titanic, it would have gotten that extra boost.

And maybe if they had put some floppy haired pretty boy in a role instead of Adam "Just Really Ugly Looking, To Be Honest" Drive and that ugly black chav in it, they coulda scrounged ahead.

>what is consistency

He fucking dropped the Godzilla movies lmao. Said big budget movies were too stressful.

>Disney were clearly banking on having the first $3 billion gross in history, and fell about $800 million short.
>TFA was a downplayed disappointment.
[Citation Needed]

She looks like an old bag and you're probably still in high school

>Literally no criticism or mention of acting or dialogue in the post he quoted

It's cringe worthy how pathetic your ability to use a simple image board is.

Considering they're more prequelfags now than ever before, you better get ready boomerfag, there's going to be more.

missed fucking opportunity. people love Jedi/Sith shit. it's one of the main things that makes Star Wars different from other sci-fi.

plus it would've involved Vader in a more direct manner.

I love these threads.

Can't even decide on what the problem is, can you?

How did they fuck it up so badly then?

Someone post this in every rogue one thread

At least they hired a competent director with an interesting visual style.
Still won't be drinking the Kool-Aid yet because this is Disney.

Well shit my bad. Didn't know about that.

They're both right, funnily enough.

Same plot, different tone.

Also, funnily enough, the reported backstage drama was;

>We want to go with a new and exciting tone for the stand alone films

>Could you please make the tone less new and less exciting so it stands less alone from the other films pls

>they create a better looking vader suit because technology
>lets use the ot version that looks fucking terrible

I grew up with the ot and it looks worse than the new one. No fucking reason to use it besides nostalgia and don't use consistency when literally half the movie is about people that don't look like they belong.

Go rewatch the background people in the ot and tell me it looks even remotely the same

you can't have your cake and eat it too, either you're trying to improve it or you're not.

Disney high ups don't give half a shit what they name the planet. That's all on the writers. The only Disney involvement is the StoryGroup giving it the greenlight

someone didn't watch the new plinkett

You're in denial if you think they were not expecting it to be the highest grossing movie ever. It did well enough but not what they were hoping for.

>Same plot different tone

Oh okay. So what is the plot then?

Wait, so where are the Bothans in all this?

>what the problem is
Generic action shit for kids filled with femen and diversity propaganda. Enough?

They died, remember?

>you can't have your cake and eat it too

That's exactly what they're trying to do with the film.

>Random parts designed to look as much like ANH as possible

>Still have to look like a slick modern blockbuster

This is why prequels are stupid.

Bizarrely J.J. put more effort into looking like the O.T., even though his were sequels which could have done with looking more like Rogue One is looking.

>thats the joke.jpg

I think it looks really generic. The stock "epic" trailer music, the uninspired cinematography... Maybe that's just me though.

Yes I do, plebeian.

>No red lenses
>Tabard tucked under pauldrons

They copied the wrong fucking suit.

NEW THREAD

bothans were the second death star

Bunch of misfits wanting to stop the space nazi's from blowing shit up with a big laser planet.

Pretty sure this chick even has daddy issues played out a daddy she thought was dead who is living on the Death Star or whatever base they're going to steal the plans.

KOTOR CONFIRMED FOR CANNON

>lets leave the neck gap underneath the vader mask because nostalgia is great

I hope nostalgiafags burn with their fucking memeberries. Making a better looking vader could only improve him instead of leaving him looking like a walking cheap silicon toy.

Death Troopers look baller af.

How are Plinkett/OT fanboys coping with the fact that not everyone can use the force in Disney's Star Wars? Sounds like Dragon Ball Z midichlorians are total canon. You can't hate that but like Donnie Yen's character.

No it's not you. Indeed it is generic shit that lacks the spirit of Star Wars. Just a corn movie that will be forgotten in 2 months.

The thing with the new Plinkett is that it's not about the new Star Wars, it's about Mike. You see, he's obviously having some sort of middle life crisis and made this video for an ego boost: "I invented the star wars reviews posted on youtube!" "TFA is a decent film because of MY contributions!" "millenials BTFO!" You will start to realize some lines in the video like "I AM the internet" may not have as many layers of irony as you thought.

It's the reason why a fat, balding man was the only one to point out the supposed lack of sex in the film, as he lacks sex himself (ED or Jesse simply doesn't want him physically anymore) and projected his crisis into the movie. Other youtube reviewers didn't notice this, because they can easily cum with their gfs or porn.

He is feeling old, and can't properly critize TFA because it makes him feel the same way he felt as he watched A New Hope for the very first time. He'll leave the movie alone but make fun of younger fans who are just having fun (like the guys in the convention), presenting them as obssesed fanboys, while the Ring Theory segment ironically exposes him as an obssesed nerd who has probably seen every Star Wars film 50 times or more.

He became George Lucas. He became Plinkett.

THEY BETTER FUCKING DON'T. I dont want to see black Bastila or some other modern shit. No thanks.

take it easy darling. No one (sadly) is going to make an Old Republic movie.

>Leaving him looking like a walking cheap silicon toy

Well, that's the problem. That's what he looks like in ANH. And this takes place before ANH.

This is why prequels bother my autism.

You're trapped between a rock and hard place - Get the look correct, and look like a mid budget 70's sci-fi film, or change it and look like an expensive modern blockbuster.

Sure, Disney could have been not-lazy-faggots and done spin off stories that were actual spin off's and not just extended deleted scenes, but that's work.

I like how every person who speaks up is a different minority/ethnic group.

Ironically if they made TOR movies they'd have to pull a George Lucas with a fuckload of CGI and grand large scale battles.

Those ships already made a cameo appearance in Rebels. They said they brought them to canon out of love for KOTOR.

I think Forest needs to lay off the helium

it looks fucking amazing holy shit, whining bitches btfo

Oops shit you're right, question withdrawn

t. Disney marketing department

Red lenses fucking sucked, your taste is shit

wait that's katarn?

I got news for you buddy

THIS

carr sine?
wee ah rrogu wan

it looks more like Star Wars than ep.7

some one post her big ass

At last they carried that over from jedi outcast

In case it hasn't been pointed out yet, at the point in the trailer you can see the rebel fleet, the hammerhead-class Corvettes from rebels can be seen at the very front of the fleet, right before the scene changes. I find it neat that more star wars animated stuff in winding up in rogue one.

That's pretty rad. StoryGroup really knows how to build a universe. B it's honestly impressive.

Apparently Hans "wife" from the comics is currently being cast for his prequel movie. I love how far ahead they are planning these things

You disgust me.

It's pretty cool honestly. If they are going to turn SW into a cash cow, I'm at least glad they are putting some effort into it.

Thrawn just showed up in canon for the first time, but supposedly it has been planned as far back as 2014 before the canon was even fully rebooted

Red lenses would be fucking ACCURATE, at least.

>It's amm....Rogue
>Rogue One TM

It amazes me how even in the age of PC police and SJWism black people and women can be all kinds of forced cool characters but asians must always be the martial artist character...
Truly makes jew think

INMEASURABLE POWAAAHHH!!!!

Box...Shine Box

Oh fuck you man I almost didnt catch that

You could argue they didnt want the visor on her because they wanted some way for the audience to distinguish between her and other troopers but she's obviously easy to notice and follow even if she would have the visor on

And the Death Star gunners always have their visors on except now in this film when suddenly she is fine to walk around without it on and it just too conveniently resembles a full face burqa almost

Godamn, well caught