Thoughts?

Other urls found in this thread:

starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Hammerhead_corvette
youtube.com/watch?v=Kj08Jwp-2q0
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Still not interested

it looks so generic

Fuck off shill there's already a thread

Fucking amazing, I cannot wait, unlike a lot of these teen edgelords in here.

Why are the stronk independent womyns in these movies always babby faced? I can't takes this seriously.

>"Rebellions are built on hope"
>"The Jedi were the guardians of peace and prosperity for a thousand generations in the Old Republic."
How does she know what a Rebellion is, if they didn't have any for a thousand generations, and 30 years are enough in this universe to completely forget about the existence of demi-gods?

a baby with crows feet

>more women "leaders" you never saw in ANH
wew

>ROUGE

kys

>mom there's women in my star wars AGAIN

women are fine in their suited roles, not like this rogue one movie

>mom the women came out of the kitchen AGAIN

looks better than the trailer for TFA, I think I'd prfer these movies just set in the star wars universe than the main series going on and on.

my sides

Not bad, not bad, the trailers are getting better but I don't know the plot of the movie is very irrelevant for me

looks fucking awesome, what's the problem with the contrarian basement dwellers ffs

Strip away the Star Wars skins and this just looks like another fucking divergent/hunger games base-level story.

I don't understand why you retards keep paying shekels to see the same movies over and over again.

Nothing in this trailer looks remotely good except
>DUDE DARTH INVADER LMAO!

>"it's uhh, rogue...Rogue One"

What a diverse cast!

>Cred Forums
>going outside

We're patrician private torrenters you pleb.

rogue kino

Maybe she is not living in the area of the former republic.

will watch just for my bro donnie yen

I just don't get the incentive behind the movie. At all.

- We already know that they are able to steal the plans of the death star. We know this because thats the point of A New Hope. So were is the suspense? That these new characters don't die during their mission? Since they have no overbearing on the rest of the story I doesn't matter how much character development it has. It will be hard to give a damn about any of them.

- Did anyone, outside of wookieepedia, ever ask the question. Who really designed at built the death star? I'd like to see a movie about that. The guys that designed the death star.

- It's becoming clear that Disney will eventually churn out two movies a year so that they have made more Star Wars than the already existing material.

Still shit and they gave the whole movie way now.

I got hyped when I saw this.

Anyone else think that Krennic might be a good guy?

Its got mads, donnie yen, crazy eye forest whitaker, riz ahmed, and I like all those fuckers so i'll probably end up seeing it even though star wars a shit

Does this trailer reveal too much?

>writers meeting:
>guys, I've got it! Let's make this one about the death star
>again

This shot reminds me of something.

Based Edwards and based Story Group bringing in another (currently only) cartoon thing into the movie.

First was Saw Gerrera from TCW, now it's this Hammerhead corvette that's only canon in the Rebels cartoon, currently.

starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Hammerhead_corvette

DUDE THOUGHT THE SAME EXACT THING!

>Well that last mission failed, we're gonna need A New Hope to keep this rebellion going.

ARE YOU KIDDING ME DISNEY

Looks like a samurai movie desu. Star Wars going back to its roots.

If she was so impotant, how comes she was never mentioned in the original triology?

I'm not dying to get to the theatre to find out about the characters or story, I could really just wait for the blu ray to watch all the cool pew pew pew stuff at home.

Because she dead.

>It's another film where the side characters die off one by one to ensure the hero completes their job

Why give away so much of the plot?

We already know how it ends, why spoil what happens inbetween? Now I know basically the whole story of mads mikkelsen without the (probably) end twist

TFA had the perfect trailer, it gave you more questions than answers and it was a perfect hype delivery system. You could watch it a billion times and still feel like you don't know what's going to happen when you finally watch the movie.

This gavee everything besides the "cool special" side scenes of Vader fucking shit up and the final act resolution which we already know.

Fuck

>after all of this time, we have finally become the Rogue One

>Halo Reach

He didn't bring any friends.

say what you want about the movies but TFA trailers were 10/10.

sorry but who is that

Darth Tendies was my favorite in TFA

Four Pens

Random Jedi statue. It made me feel some type of way when I saw it though.

Dr Disney I'm Kino

>tfw this is as far as it goes, and we'll never see them in their full glory

"THE POWAH"
This meme acting is off the records

>we need a new agent
>shall I brief one of ours?
>no, we need something new. Not a predictable one, but a Rogue One

Fucking really, Disney?

Didn't you know that Jedha (the desert planet) used to have an old Jedi Temple on it? And that almost every person on the planet knows about the Force like the Jedi did, only that they can't actually use it?

Some good actors but another fucking death star?

Is that all they can build?

Anyway the lore also contains another factions which the empire is actually fighting which would mean they are good guys in that fight so why dont they actually do that side for once?

this movie is racist. Many Bothans died in getting the plans for the death star, yet here comes hollywood whitewashing another movie.

>Spaceship in the background to line up the shot
Why is everything related to the Dark Knight Rises plane scene somehow?

This is some scary shit

>pic related is from the 2000 Dune mini series

After watching A New Hope, I remember asking "how the fuck did they get the plans to this superweapon out of nowhere?", and this is answering that. It probably doesn't need an entire movie to explain, but that's what we're getting.

i 'member

Who else thinks Ebon Hawk>Millenium Falcon in terms of design, despite being a clear rip off?

Ebon Hawk a best

BOTHANS DIED GETTING THE PLANS FOR THE SECOND DEATH STAR YOU FUCKING FAGGOT.

Oh definitely. One of the main reasons it pissed me off when they announced TOR will take place centuries after the two games, was because it pretty much meant they'll be throwing out most of the GOAT ship/droid/etc designs they already had.

I GOT THE POWAH

I don't know why but this movies don't feel like star wars, they feel like those fan made videos on youtube

Not the last one. This one? Yeah, same feeling.

We need George back, since obviously only he knows what Star Wars feels like.

>wasting Mads on this
yes I am mad as fuck

You don't need money, don't take fame
Don't need no public credits to ride this train
It's strong and it's sudden and it's cruel sometimes
but it might just save your life

That's the POWAH of LOVE

That's the POWAH of LOVE!

Isn't it IMMEASURABLE?

>"Rebellions are built on hope"
>writers pat themselves on the back for writing such a great line by having the characters do smug faces

But user, Mads did the math and was able to make the laser in the Death Stars a possibility.

You tell him skeeter

Really looking forward to seeing this.

fucking garbage muh death star muh mary sue muh wasted talented actors filling diversity roles muh recycled shit plot REEEEEE

I could not be less excited about this. If you're honestly shelling out to see new star wars you are as tasteless as possible, even for Cred Forums

ONE scene of Vader with his saber out. That's all I wanted and they couldn't do that. So far Vader is just there with no impact. They better hype him up soon is all I'm saying.

Vader just being there is hype enough for 90% of the people that will see the movie.

>Asking to be hyped
>Wanting to be fed shit by Mickey mouse

Want to know how I can tell you're a pleb?

Looks even worse than episode 7
noir 8 is the only hope left

>Vader standing in the background, doing nothing and all the normies go wild
What's wrong with humanity?

My negroes. TOR is such a shit game. They should've made another KOTOR.

I'm pretty sure Vader's just gonna be in the movie for like 1 or 2 scenes.

He'll probably at least fuck Krennic up for being a failure.

isn't 8 supposed to completely destroy george's legacy and make it all about some tree or something

if this movie will have a scene with vader butchering them all, it will be somewhat redeeming. If not, than lel, who fucking cares about no name kung fu gooks and baby faced girl powah heist of deathstar plans? it's actualy meaningless.

Mads is always good to see

>The rebels are running through the death star hallways when they see Vader. They try to chase him but he gets into an elevator as he stars at them as the doors close
wew

>butchering
>Disney kid film
nah mate this ain't Lucas who wasn't afraid to show the Order 66

It's hype, but I could just watch the original trillogy for Vader, and it's Vader doing stuff as well.

Chill your tits user I'm just saying if you're going to put Vader in your film, show him doing more than just standing around.

Easily pleased apparently.

It's sad but I can believe this. He's just bait to make people watch their drama.

He better fuck a lot of people up. You'd just don't bring Vader back and have him stare menacingly at people, it's a waste.

>jyn erso

They could have been more subtle that they were stealing from JK franchise this time

>its rogue
>rogue one

D R O P P E D

>could've have been a sith lord in the new trilogy
>let's make him an engineer cuck
I mean, considering the quality of TFA he might be better off this way

The movie is literally addressing your second point

Will they kill Mads at the beginning like they did with Von Sydow?

I didn't even know he was in this.

Movie looks whatever. I predict all of them dying and failing (so durk!) but the last shot or scene is R2D2 getting the plans to destroy the thing or some call back to the first Star Wars.

MEMBER?

user, there aren't any Sith after ROTJ. There were only two and both of them died 30 years before TFA.

Remember, dark side use (Kylo and Snoke) does not mean Sith. Sith is a religious cult, like the Jedi, and you can use the force without falling into one of those categories.

AAAAAAWWWWWW SHHHIIIIITTT

JUST WHEN I THOUGHT BANEPOSTING WAS ON ITS LAST LEGS

Dr. Orso, I'm ISB

>Thoughts?
I hope that's not the music they are using in the movie, because that is the worst cookie-cutter shit I have ever heard.

DON'T DO IT ROSH

DON'T GIVE IN TO THE DARKSIDE

That'd be good. He should be used sparingly

>there are people who take sports this seriously
Sad!

Hopefully not, the previous trailer had better music imo

i like the cast, it will be fun

Amazing because I rebel.

What happened to her accent at 1:00 ?

You and me both user

>tfw I start developing a hamster fetish

i'll watch the first SW movie with a male lead

He's not just making a comment on the Death Star, but on the Star Wars franchise itself. It's a deeper critique thaN most would a ascribe to it.

Also check 'em.

males in star wars can only be villains or sidekicks now

deal with it cuckboi

That trailer was pure cringe. It felt like a fan grade trailer with as many stupid puns stuffed in it as humanely possible. Also glad to see the only roles white people get are the evil ones with nazi symbolism

You seem to be in the minority, champ. What's it like having shit taste?

>we need a call sign
>Rogue...Rogue One: A Star Wars Story

And anyone thinks this will be good?

>the only roles white people get are the evil ones with nazi symbolism

I have no problem with this. The Empire was the best thing about the OT and they look to be preserving that.

>that obvious China pandering after TFA bombed over there

I wonder how much of Episode 8 is being rewritten to include new Chinese characters. Maybe they'll replace Finn with some Hong Kong guy.

Are you stepping up to my fellow posters while defending star wars, tourist?

*white males

>Rebellions are built on hope
>Do it... for the dream!

People get paid to write this shit?

>tourist
I've been here since '11, but nice try. How upset are you that you're in the minority (again)?

user, an asian woman was cast for Ep.8 months before TFA even hit theaters, to be Finn's love interest.

We will never see mandalorian wars. Or epic jedi armies. O any of old republic stuff.
Only this progressive diverse shit now, based around first 3 films and nostalgia.
Thanks Lucas and DIsney.
But Lucas first. Why te fuck you need all this money. Just make SW movies you want.

>Do you feel in charge?

Is that a yes then?

I'm only watching it for Donnie Yen, really.

These niggers look really cool.

Why does this film intimidate Cred Forums so much?

Is it because it touches on concepts such as brotherhood, warfare, genocide, loyalty, and dissidence?

youtube.com/watch?v=Kj08Jwp-2q0

>tfw Mads will have a tiny role when he could have been cast as the next Tarkin or one the older members of the Knights of Ren

It hurts.

For real. This looks like one of the comfiest movies of the modern era.

w-what if von sydow is old man Mads? woah

Looks like something from BLAME!, one of my favorite mangas.

Its not another Death Star. Its the same one from the original films.

Because you have no taste or kino understanding
You're sophomore
You're a pleb
You're entry level
You're IMDB

>the rocks look like a jedi

....woah

>what if Galen Marek is actually Lorr San Tekka?
Nah

I bet they found the idea for that in one of George's scripts tbqh

>Galen Marek
Galen Erso* kek

I would too but it seems he's barely in it. I don't care about the 6/10 britbong.

WTF those fucktards in Disney really went ahead and made a Hunger Games clone.

Whatever I'm sure it will make shitloads of money...

pottery

Looks pretty good. I'm actually kinda excited.

Whoa, whoa, dude. I didn't say anything about actually paying to see it.

cute

>all these cool helmet designs
>only get like 2 minutes of screen time

Just like everything in the original trilogy

Tell that to the kanji club

Candito?

I bet that guy on the right with the dented helmet has a 5000 word back story on Wookiepedia

>A Cred Forumsedditer enters the thread

Looks like shit
Not that it surprises me, all star wars media is complete tasteless garbage aimed at fat manchild nu-males and "oh look I'm such a nerd" 6/10 women.

That's a lot of projection user. Is there something you're not telling us about yourself?

This would be a good movie for rebels such as myself. Because that's what rebellion is all about...

I rebel...Rogue...Rogue One...Star Wars...

Why is there a Jedi statue in the sand on notTatooine?

>it's a blind guy with a stick takes down a large group of men with guns episode

>le projection buzzword
Kill yourself.

>Aryan Danishman playing rebel
>Jew playing imperial

R E V E R S E P O E T R Y
Y R T E O P E S R E V E R

Looks great.

You seem more upset than you should be.

And he isn't even a jedi.

why is vader walking so fast, like has to get to the cantina first cause its rankor steak day

It looks like YA faggotry, thanks for the heads-up, I will be sure to avoid it.

Wait. Her father made the Death Star?

I thought it was the bugs in Episode II?

that was just the design

he's in charge of getting the laser to work

They changed that. You can't have a proper chick flick without daddy issues.

Episode 2? But the death star was already destroyed before Empire Strikes Back? I don't remember bugs in Empire either.

isnt it just a fallen statue of a jedi?

Probably the scene where he finds out the rebels got away with the plans and now he has to deal with shit himself

That planet, Jedha, used to have a Jedi Temple on it.

looks a lot better than the first trailer

I don't like what I think the Forrest Whitaker character is going to be: wise old sage. We don't need one of those in every fucking movie.

I also get the feeling that the lead girl is going to be the least interesting of the bunch and not have a lot of characterization.

The group also looks like it's going to suffer from "each character has a unique external trait that makes them special" like blind asian guy, bowcaster guy, droid. Characters should be separated by their characterization not by their gun or physical traits.

Visually looks really good.

reminder that she's sheevs daughter

>literally
>literally a chick with daddy issues

Really pushing the formula here disney.

idk, I always liked that vader moved slow.

nu-male vader has to walk fast and DEMANDS smoke and steam everywhere

really made me think...

She really looks like Sheev after he became the Emperor.

Geonosians made the overall design for Palpatine.

Galen Erso was a scientist that studied energy and it's uses, which the newly-formed Empire wanted for themselves. The Erso family is in great debt to Krennic/the Empire for saving them in the Clone Wars, so he has no choice but to submit his research to the Empire so they can make the laser weapon actually work.
The drama point of the movie is the testing of a super-weapon, which is the laser itself, to see if it actually works before they can use it on a planet-wide scale in ANH. That's why Jyn is dragged into the Rebellion, because Mothma wants her to contact her father to find a way to stop the test.

I haven't watched a single Star Wars movie. Are they any good?

Who do you think it is? I haven't gone by the name of "Obi Wan with the massive statue built in his honor" for a long time. He was a good friend.

I don't remember this scene in Sicario

Isn't she a little short for an Engineer?

He actually does have an entry in the big character encyclopedia book.
I work at a library and have to shelve the book all the fucking time.

So we finally get the answer to what Luke is going to say on that Island, can't wait it's been such a cliffhanger.

Where is the New order also? Why build up that in TFA and just forget about previewing them? New order didn't get beat it seemed. Very disappointing trailer

what video game is this? the grass looks so bad.

Nah, sorry but look at the mouth and nose.
That is clearly old Luke Skywalker.

Secret Jedi Time Machines confirmed.

>that feel when the characters probably won't take on Krennic himself
>They'll probably get away and Vader will strangle Krennic to death

Glad that they are giving Hayden some more work.

JEJ is voicing Vader, and he has no reason to take off his helmet to show his real face. Hayden has no job in Rogue One.

You're lost, m8. Wait for Episode VIII for that.

>That is clearly old Luke Skywalker.
Ah yes. Luke. He was a good friend.

From my point of view he does.

>thinks this movie looks way better than tfa
>first thing I check is the director different
jj is a hack

But we already know the rebels blew the death star up, i mean this whole story is kinda pointless. Whats next, how Han Solo got his pilots licence?

Pppffffffffft

>her father was the designer/creator of the Death Star
Dropped. Why can't she be some random girl and keep shit in the air?

>Pppffffffffft
You ruined your bait.

>He thinks this is Episode VIII

nigga what planet are you even on, Darth Vader and the old school Death Star are even in the fucking trailer and literally none of the actors from TFA are present. This is a midquel between Episode III and IV.

White woman hero, with a bunch of black, asian, and mexican sidekicks. 0 aliens, 0 robots. Not very interesting.

Why is every fucking aspect of Cred Forums so contrarian

Maybe her pop-pop is an expert in thermodynamics and designs the exhaust port weakness

:)))

>another stupid Star wars movie
Ok

>0 aliens
We saw at least two different species of alien in today's trailer alone, and we know of three or more on top of that thanks to toys and past trailers.

>0 robots
Main cast has a fucking robot, who was in today's trailer at least two times. There was also a blink-and-miss droid on the Jedha shot when the camera looks up at the underbelly of an ISD.

>Dad the patriarchy ruined my life again!

Who the fuck cares about them stealing the death star plans?

Like, honestly, how the fuck are you guys managing to be interested in this. You know what happens.

>ITS ABOUT THE DESTINATION NOT THE JOURNEY

With these characters? I can already tell you how the journey will be: dull.

Socially alienated losers use contrarianism as a defense mechanism.

woah didnt know syrians liked football that much

It's so dense, this image has so many things going on

I don't know man. There were some parts of A New Hope, mostly at the beginning, where you could tell he was fucking pissed and looking to choke a nigga.

Shouldn't the colour scheme be in reverse?
Red insignia and orange highlights?

How did he shot that guy while this guy was standing in the way? How he managed to shoot them all?

Are those Kahleesh?

is Vader gonna choke a bitch in this film?

SPOILERS

Death Star blowing up was an inside job. Jyns dad made sure the rebels got the plans, and also made sure that there was a crucial weakness for them to exploit

what's with the over-representation of fat-faced white women?

Who's the mom then?

That trailer made me feel half excited and half disgusted.

Because Disney is literally targeting the fat-faced white women demo.

I'm just looking forward to more Obi Wan memes

Reminds me of Destiny's exos.

This, Episode 7 and this shit doesn't look like space operas fantasies that were episodes 1-6

Baneposting never dies.
As soon as it's light begins to fade, some new movie breathes life into it

FIRST ONE TO TALK GETS TO STAY ON MY IMPERIAL LANDING CRAFT

I can't wait to see this movie so I can hate it and act above it all.

>some new movie breathes life into it
*some new faggot breathes life into it
Fixed that for you.

Why ruin so much with trailers now a days

>there are simpletons like this on Cred Forums right now
>there are probably even bigger turboplebs

Jyn? So like Qui Gon Jyn?

naw, its the samefag who forced it as a meme to begin with. He still spends every day on Cred Forums spamming it in every thread. He basically devoted his life to it and trying to force other retarded thing as memes every day. His latest is the sopranos retardation. He's pretty much the epitome of a loser.

We need a hero character user. You're not going to sympathise with a fucking bug who rigs the death star to blow are you?

No. I want attractive, non gender specific young people to be in my diverse hollywood kino

I don't like it, but just because there are Cred Forums vermins getting triggered over lack of white male main characters, I'll go see it.

That was one of my favorite movies ever. I oozed the imfdb archive to look at all those cool weapons every couple of days.

Everyone hates mary-sue characters.

No like Gin and Juice, she's rolling down the galaxy, smokin death sticks,...

Yet, people still liked the original movies

>blind man closes his eyes

DROPPED

No, its just you and the micropenis permavirgin support group.

Yes and there's the problem. It's not terribly important information for anyone but autists.

Does he feel in charge?

This thread should be on hiro's biography book in the chapter called "the fall of Cred Forums or how i learned to love the reddit"

you are still going to watch it faggot

>Taking based Kyle's work and giving it to shitty OC female
POODOO
O
O
D
O
O

Yeah sorry Disney didn't take the tutorial of doom clone made in 1995 into account when writing their new canon

Kyle Katarn is an even bigger mary sue than Rey

why land so far away?

I just want a darker Star Wars movie where The Empire actually wins. I hoped that maybe Rouge One could go in this direction, but i guess they are going for the soppy happy ending again. You have so much potential to show how fucking brutal Vader is and they are going to waste it for the ''friendship'' power ending. I bet none of the MC's willl even die during the movies

>*scene: interior star destroy, Felicty Jones has inflitrated the empire and gained access to the star destroyer and is wearing a tie pilot's uniform
>Whoa check it out fellow troopers. Its that ace pilot that was just transfered here.... And... Shit shes a... Female?!?!
>leave this to me
>Hey nice moves out there pilot, you handle that interceptor well, whats your name?
>Ira Belle...
>whoa Youre a rogue one, arent ya??

;^) bravo.

>Sheev started building the Death Star before even knowing if it will function or how it will function.

Yes, because building a tank's Chassis, before figuring out what kind of gun you'll put on top of it is a great idea.

Also the test of its laser is a great idea.
Not at all will that take away from the suspense in a New Hope when they fire it for the first time at Alderaan.

to trigger your autism

Just bought my tickets.

>cast based Mads
>don't make him a jedi or a sith

waste of charisma

How the fuck does a pussy like Four Pens rise through the ranks to become an attache to a de facto Sith Lord?

I know nothing or watched any trailers from this.
Are there any bothans in it.

>Forced Diversity: The Movie

So many reactions in one image

Shit. Fuck off Disney shill.

Fuck off retard

underrated

So what, they said "here's a giant ball that destroys planets. we don't know how the fuck it would work or how to make it, but yeah"?

>bothans

Jesus Christ

Oh right, that was Death Start II.

>yfw her father built in the Death Star weakness and the "plans" are really a detailed message on how to get to, hit the port, and what happens

This, fucking brilliant cast Ira Bell exempted.

>that awful acting by Whitaker

Top fucking kek.

They showed to much from all the trailers this shit is a predictable bore now.

BUT HE HAS A BENIS

Pure pottery.

This is the most diverse thing i've ever seen

>I just want a darker Star Wars movie where The Empire actually wins

It's called Empire Strikes Back

encore

What a terrible acting.

My kids are going to love this

The cinematography, set design, the fucking scenary looks AMAZING but it looks like fucking fan fiction.

Every single actor, every single one literally makes this movie seem like fanfiction tier storytelling. Like this main character reminds me of YA female inserts. Literally no character but is the key to all of this?

FUCK I just want some random guy/girl to be something meaningful in a fucking Star Wars movie. The universe is way too small for all these coincidences.

>That image
>Das it mane

Nice seeing the AT-ATs doing damage

Dude looks just about done with everybody's shit

This. Also, having a 105 pound girl as a badass rebel is ruining it for me.

This is a really great Avengers trailers, I am so excited

DA KHANJI KLUB

Yeah, when a decent rip comes out

They're in fantasy space future (past) far, far away. They're not wielding massive weaponry, they have space fantasy guns. Size doesn't matter as much (explicitly a Star Wars Yoda point, but he dead, so he doesn't matter anymore).

Side-note: that's why guns are important; it's an equalizer for men and women, and women actually have a way to defend themselves (as they will not physically overcome a male attacker).

Why does he have a moister farmer thing on such a wet world?

>muh rebellion
>muh hope

You need a bit more than that to have a compelling protagonist.

Because they inevitably got murdered as they have a literal target on their heads

Is he supposed to be ISB, or a Grand Admiral?

Why do people buy bottled water when there's a water fountain in the same building?

Nothing says Star Wars characters can't be stupid.

>YA female inserts
Thank you for giving me a term that manages to encompass these shitty characters
They always look so fucking awkward. All of them. Look at Hamilton. She looks like she's in her element.

I don't know what any of that shit is supposed to mean because I'm not a wikifag, but he's the head Imperial weapons design bureau

he basically develops weapons for the Empire, Mads is his chief scientist on the death star's laser

So is he supposed to be a bit younger Tarkin? Without Tarkin this is shit.

Was that fucking Ip Man?

Fucking names don't go away

Why are they always white and British?
Where are the Asian women?

>that scene from the trailer
Whoa, how did they get away with this?

He's not Tarkin, but Tarkin has a confirmed cameo through CGI facial capture of Peter Cushing's likeness placed on a stand-in

>Not at all will that take away from the suspense in a New Hope when they fire it for the first time at Alderaan.
Firing it at full power to destroy Alderaan is not the same as test firing it at half or less power at Jedha's surface to make sure it actually works as intended. What if it didn't work at Alderaan?

You can prototype something in theory as much as you want, but if an existing version of a part of it doesn't actually exist yet (the laser) all you have is conjecture. Using Galen's research allowed the Empire to find a way to make the laser actually perform how the Geonosians designed, or in a slightly different way to fit it into the design better.

Place your bets on:
How many subordinates will Vader strangle?
How many rebels will Vader kill?
Will Vader bring out his lightsaber? (In the OT he never brings it out except to duel, so I wouldn't necessarily count on it although it seems likely)

Was that JJ abbrams star trek music?

I can already tell it's going to be nothing but shit.

A new hope awakening put the first mail on the coffin. This movie will barely break a billion world wide, cementing start wars as just another movie series

>Will Vader bring out his lightsaber?
It would be a gigantic waste to have him on screen and not have him mow down rebels towards the climax of the movie. They have a chance to make it so that it's almost like a horror movie where they all have to run away from Vader and they can't. He needs to be evil personified, otherwise he's just there as a product placement.

Only one I'd reckon considering he's only a minor character this time.
Maybe one or two of the main cast, like either the blind dude or the black guy. It's not really Vader's style to be in the first wave except for that time he shot down all those rebel pilots.
And he'll most certainly bring it out, or they'll be missing out on easy fan service.

>How many subordinates will Vader strangle?
0 he will just scoff and make quips

>How many rebels will Vader kill?
a little but as he's about to kill some one the scene changes to the main character quipping

>Will Vader bring out his lightsaber?
yes but then the tension will get ruined when one of the rebels makes a quip about it

a scene like that was pretty much confirmed and there were rumors it was the main reason for reshoots because the original was too "dark".

I'm not sure I understand, user, are you saying there will be a lot of quips in this movie?

No charm or charisma. No real feeling or passion. Rehash post-9/11 Hollywood drivel.

Boring.

>because the original was too "dark".
What a waste of opportunity.

>there will never be an edgy movie about vader's numerous atrocities as an empires prime enforcer across the galaxy involving insane force manipulation, manslaughter and terror just like in the comics

hahahahahah fucking Disney. We'll get another bland Captain America/Avengers/Thor/Hulk clone with the Star Wars logo slapped on and that same section of the original score they use for every single trailer and it will get 87% on Rotten Tomatoes.

I always thought Star Wars was stronger as a story with the Jedi/Sith shit is less front and center, so a movie pretty much entirely lacking any force users (except Vader) is interesting.

I have a feeling some of the more cringeworthy shit in the trailer is from the re-shoots Disney made them do. That's not really Gareth Edwards' style at all.

>People wanting Star Wars to be dark and edgy
First off, the franchise is owned by Disney now. Secondly, Star Wars was never that dark except for a few scenes in Empire.
Also, remember episode 3 and the younglings, then reconsider that thought.

Why do modern flicks make me cringe so much? I think it's because they try to be "real" and "serious" but it looks so pathetic in the context of the real world.
>I rebel

Plus none of the characters are funny and take things really seriously.

What Yoda said in Episode V had some value. This movie is a Big Mac.

>there will never be an edgy movie about vader's numerous atrocities as an empires prime enforcer across the galaxy involving insane force manipulation, manslaughter and terror
Oh man that sucks
>just like in the comics
Haha nevermind, thank god that's not happening.

I don't want Star Wars to be dark and edgy, but there certainly is room in there somewhere to go a bit too far and not make it feel as ridiculous as the younglins bullshit. If it's taken seriously, a quiet, merciless Vader can be a great horror villain.

Besides, this is not really Star Wars. This is just some fanfiction for entertainment, so what's the harm in experimenting?

The OT wasn't dark. It had a Golden Age Sci-Fi semi-grimy, gloomy atmosphere. The new movies have the atmosphere of a comic book convention. Cool costumes, cool quips, popular actors.

I just want them to make comfy Star Wars. Think of all the cool, new stories they could tell in this universe. Make us feel like kids again. Do something magical and compelling.