Will this bomb?

Will this bomb?

Other urls found in this thread:

playbill.com/article/harry-potter-and-the-cursed-child-is-fastest-selling-book-in-a-decade
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Harry Potter is too big to bomb.

That's what I'd assume but maybe Cursed Child will have changed that.

>thinking Ed The Red won't carry this film to normie success
when will disneylets ever learn?

literally impossible

Not even slightly

but it WILL be shit

no, are you stupid?

Nah, Harry Potter can't bomb
I'm kind of interested in seeing wizard America desu senpai

If anything it's gonna do more than the old HP movies. People are obsessed by franchises thanks to social media.

same shit as britain except for meme words like nomaj and le roaring 20s maymay

looks boring as fuck tbqh

i'll give it a watch if it scores above 7.5 on imdb after 4 months and don't pretend you fucks won't do the same

>i'll give it a watch if it scores above 7.5 on imdb
how old are you?

It will be the same as the last Star Wars.
Awful and filled with references so the stupid audience can relate.

So, no it won't bomb.

>le i don't care about imdb score man xd

you don't exist

>takes imdb seriously
>batman film in the top 10 films
laughing right in your face

>"Oh..we call them muggles"
>"Hey you, Mr. English guy!"

I remember being 12. You'll grow out of it.

Shouldn't you be at school or something?

Only thing carrying interest for me is the grindlewald reference in the trailer

That is to say I hope they drop Ed, the americans and just make a young dumbledore movie

Yes

It should be titled "HARRY FUCKING POTTER something about beasts"

Marketers are retarded

Highly doubtful. Harry Potter still has a HUGE fanbase, and it's almost entirely adults now so this will probably do even better than the last one.
Although it will probably be a mediocre movie. Seems more like fanservice than something that came about creatively.

That would be worthy of a multi-part series IMO. Making multiple movies out of the backstory of a text book seems kind of silly. It's probably just being done to build interest in the American magic school so they'll have a new revenue stream.
>If me make a new Hogwarts we'll make DOUBLE the dollars!
And if that shit works out they'll just start doing the same thing with all of those other magic schools Rowling mentioned. Cred Forums would probably throw all of its money at anything relating to the Japanese magic school.

>mfw I read the synopsis
dear god it sounds fucking awful

No-Majs? MACUSA? This is the best Rowling could come up with?

>No-Majs?

It's funny because she's trying to make it sound like different words that Americans would call non-magic users, but the words she comes up with sound like the dumb shit toddler talk that only Brits use.

Yes, she had to write this all herself and couldn't lift characters and plots wholesale from other books & authors.

I don't know about it bombing, but I can see it underperforming. I've seen zero hype for this by anyone.

Even my Harry Potter obsessed friend doesn't give a shit about it.

I love Harry Potter to death and I have no interest in paying to see this movie. I'll wait for the blu-ray rip

Rowling needs to retire and stop trying to milk this cash cow. Doesn't she have enough money by now?

>Doesn't she have enough money by now?
Scottish Labour party still needs funding

That's obviously a lost cause, user. Maybe if she sinks her entire fortune in the next general election, the Tories might not win that many more seats. Maybe.

Really? Every Potter fan I know is hype as fuck.

>casting a heroin addict as the lead in your children's movie
What the fuck?!

An actor that does drugs? How shocking

Huh

Well I only know two other fans, both from work, and we all agree the movie sounds like shit

It looks like "well now its harry potter, BUT MATURE!" wich sounds like piece of shit by that alone.

Fantastic breasts xD

the cursed child script was the worst thing i have ever read in my entire life. you can literally pick any fan fiction at random and it would be better.

I dunno, I've read some pretty bad ones

>mfw reading an mpreg fic

>One of the most successful YA books of all time
>All of the movies made over 800 Million worldwide except one
>All those fans are now working and earn money
>People only see "J.K. Rowling" and wands so they assume it's another Harry Potter sequel
>People unironically ask if this is gonna bomb

There will be people complaining that Potter wasn't in it, but there's no chance in hell that this movie won't get it's full budget in profits.

I thought it was starring Martin Freeman? Why is this camel faced ginger cunt on the poster?

>no interracial love interest
It's toast.

This, unfortunately. I'm glad I didn't give a peso for it.

I live in Los Angeles, where the Harry Potter section of Universal just opened. Ever since that people have been openly dorking out over Potter. I work at Netflix and damn near half the desks in the office have Harry Potter merchandise on them.

But mature? It has a less serious tone than the last THREE potter movies.

What about the one where Ginny gets pregnant by Buckbeak?

I wish I could be shocked but I'm not

Why are fanfiction authors such freaks?

Check out episode 48(titled 'Eight Years') of the podcast 'Criminal'. It's fucking insane.

Just imagine a slightly obese Harry Potter with a burger in hand, talking loudly about the local landmarks.

Interesting. Even so, this movie is only tangentially related to the Harry Potter series. The primary appeal of those books and movies is the wish fulfillment and the comfy medieval English magical school setting. Why the fuck would anyone care about a story involving some PETA fag in Roaring Twenties New York?

Also side question: How good is the Harry Potter section of Universal Studios? Is it worth visiting? I'm 2 hours away from Orlando

I think the appeal of Harry Potter is the world and the magic. The wish fulfillment is what got people interested, but the world building and flavor is what got them hooked.
But Wizarding World at Universal Hollywood is nice but kind of small. At Orlando it's massive and fucking awesome. You literally rid the Hogwarts Express from one side the park to the other because the Wizarding World is basically 2 parks within the park.

*ride
not rid

>I think the appeal of Harry Potter is the world and the magic. The wish fulfillment is what got people interested, but the world building and flavor is what got them hooked.
I don't know, to be honest Rowling isn't even that great at world-building because she isn't very logical. There are so many holes in the way her Wizarding World works. On top of the system of magic they use isn't particularly inspired, Jim Butcher could come up with something better in his sleep. Not trying bash her or the books I really do love them, just not really for the reasons you mentioned.

>At Orlando it's massive and fucking awesome. You literally rid the Hogwarts Express from one side the park to the other because the Wizarding World is basically 2 parks within the park.
Damn. I wish I had someone who would go with me, I just moved to Florida and I don't know anyone. I'd feel weird going to a theme park alone

I feel like they should have snuck on "Harry Potter" in the title

Or maybe include "Harry Potter" in the advertising instead of just "J.K. Rowling's Wizarding World"

>Jim Butcher could come up with something better in his sleep
Butcher is ONLY good at worldbuilding and flavor. His actual plots, characters and dialog are terrible. I think that's where Rowling has him beat. She leaves you wanting to know more about the world and the magic, but also liking the characters and getting pulled into the plots. Even Rowling's detective novel is better than the Dresden books.
>Damn. I wish I had someone who would go with me, I just moved to Florida and I don't know anyone. I'd feel weird going to a theme park alone
I know that feel, bro. When I first moved to LA I wanted desperately to go to Disney because I never got to go to either Disney park as a kid, but I didn't know anyone. It was weird as fuck being there alone. It's way more kid-oriented than Universal so I could just FEEL the eyes of parents and employees upon me.
>look at that 27 year old beard-havin' motherfucker. he's probably here to molest children...
It wasn't worth it. I couldn't even enjoy myself.

I hope so
Every single person part of it is complete trash

>Colin Farrell is complete trash
What's it like having 100% shit taste?

>His actual plots, characters and dialog are terrible
I think you're being too harsh. They aren't that bad, and he's better than 90% of fantasy writers although that isn't saying much

Is Harry Potter going to be the next cinematic universe?

>farrell isn't complete trash
You tell me, IMDB buff

>I think you're being too harsh
I don't think so. He writes pulpy schlock in a magical setting. It's repetitive and boring.

So far it looks better than the HP movies, tbqh, and I say that as a long standing HP fan

Eh. It's Tumblr Audience: The Movie, and it has some HP brand recognition going for it. It doing well probably depends on the ~10 million Tumblr girls actually being hype for it, which I haven't seen, though I haven't exactly looked, either.

I predict mild flop to modest success range.

It's just like the worst fanfics, except even more terrible because it's Rowling who wrote it, instead of some fat 12 year old girl.

>DUDE NERD CULTURE LMAO
It'll be fine

The love interest is a Jew literally named Goldstein

Apparently Rowling couldn't think of a more stereotypical Jewish name

>Rowling isn't even that great at world-building because she isn't very logical

That's the appeal of the books. Nothing is logical, it's all crazy and crooked and quirky. It's not supposed to be about "muh magical systems" that make magic feel unmagical.

Also Jim Butcher is famous for writing a series that is literally trying to be as cliche and formulaic as possible. The fact that people consider him good says a lot about the fantasy fandom.

>Eh. It's Tumblr Audience: The Movie
Nice meme, bro.

>rowling
>kloves
>yates
>warner brothers under the current chairman and not alan horn
>green lit in case the superhero universe falls flat on its face
>modern warner brothers
>cursed child was only praised for set design and acting
>eddie redmayne
>colin farrells phoning it in/hammy ""acting""
>the mexican twink tumblr actor
>most likely hundreds of nods to make sure people know they're watching a flick set in the same universe instead of just one or three

It won't bomb, buts going to be fucking terrible.

Nah if it was fanfic Albus and Scorpius would have become a gay couple. Which would have made the plot 100% better desu.

Harry Potter is semi forgotten now and it's not a part of the main series anyway.
It's a very probable flop.

You make some fair points, the lack of autistic world-building makes the magic seem more mysterious

I still like Jim Butcher tho

>Harry Potter is semi forgotten now
>playbill.com/article/harry-potter-and-the-cursed-child-is-fastest-selling-book-in-a-decade

They WERE a gay couple.
>Harry Potter is semi forgotten now
Hahaha! Oh wow!
There are THREE Harry Potter amusement parks and the SCRIPT of that terrible new play broke book sales records.

>tories winning in scotland
funniest thing i've read all day