What happened to him after chamber of secrets?

He died, show some respect

NEARLY Headless Nick?

How can you be NEARLY headless?

he helped barbossa capture jack sparrow you fucking imbecile
didn't you see on strangers tide?

He talked to Harry after Sirius died, at least in the books. Harry expected Sirius to come back as a ghost and basically be his Ghost Dad, but Nick explained becoming a ghost was a coward's choice and Sirius would never do it.

He probably just fucked around with Peeves for all eternity, I guess.

He also appeared in the last 2, like telling Harry that Dumbledore was in the castle after he took the memory from Slughorn, and pointing Harry to the Grey Lady.

He cut off the rest of his head because he realized he took part in what was one the dullest franchise in the history of movie franchises. Seriously each episode following the boy wizard and his pals from Hogwarts Academy as they fight assorted villains has been indistinguishable from the others. Aside from the gloomy imagery, the series’ only consistency has been its lack of excitement and ineffective use of special effects, all to make magic unmagical, to make action seem inert.

Perhaps the die was cast when Rowling vetoed the idea of Spielberg directing the series; she made sure the series would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody?just ridiculously profitable cross-promotion for her books. The Harry Potter series might be anti-Christian (or not), but it’s certainly the anti-James Bond series in its refusal of wonder, beauty and excitement. No one wants to face that fact. Now, thankfully, they no longer have to.

>a-at least the books were good though
"No!"
The writing is dreadful; the book was terrible. As I read, I noticed that every time a character went for a walk, the author wrote instead that the character "stretched his legs."

I began marking on the back of an envelope every time that phrase was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. Rowling's mind is so governed by cliches and dead metaphors that she has no other style of writing. Later I read a lavish, loving review of Harry Potter by the same Stephen King. He wrote something to the effect of, "If these kids are reading Harry Potter at 11 or 12, then when they get older they will go on to read Stephen King." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you read "Harry Potter" you are, in fact, trained to read Stephen King.

Fuck, just seeing this picture fills me with a weird sensation.
Is this what nostalgia feels like?

like clockwork

You forgot your medication this morning buddy

first sentence is acutally funny

Why has Atlas Shrugged been removed? I'm pretty sure it being 'God-tier' was what made me actually go out and read it.

Why was John Cleese in these movies? It's the tiniest role possible, he disappears after the second film, and he's not important to the story at all. This has to be the most bizarre cameo in film history.

>This has to be the most bizarre cameo in film history.
i implore you to reconsider
there are much worse examples
too fucking bad i can't think of any right now

If you're a British actor and you weren't in HP then you're pretty much no one.

Because you can only push a meme so far before it becomes sad.

Patton Oswalt in RedLetterMedia's Space Cop.

It was a smoke show by hollywood to trick you ameristans into believing it was a british series

? Atlas Shrugged is a great book.

Having the pic posted in /got/ is always entertaining as well.

NEARLY good at acting?

How can you be NEARLY good at acting?

The only question I have about HP is who the fuck directed this movies ? It feels so odd that I've never seen it mentionned anywhere. The franchise is huge but the director gets no mention at all like WTF ?

how am I supposed to know where he was heading?

kek'd and check'd

>Atlas Shrugged is a great book
Yeah but 99% of the people that talk about it being shit haven't actually read it

Many different directors. They were more products than art. It was mostly hack studio directors. Terry Gilliam was pissed when they wouldn't let him direct the first one and gave it to the guy who did Home Alone.

I don't know about that, but a lot of people that talk shit about it say they don't like it because they disagree with the message. I can't get my head around that, why should that affect the quality of the book? I don't agree with the message and I really liked it.

It's like saying you can't like black metal because you're a Christian.

>No one asked you, you nosy little mudblood nigger!

Jesus Christ how did they get away with it?

It might be just me, but that logic seems to be heavily behind the original picture.

I mean frankly, the only two ways to think LotR is shit, is if you first watched the Peter Jackson abominations and went into the books with that preset in your mind about what LotR is about; or if you completely and utterly lack the cultural background or willingness to understand the tons and tons of symbolic meaning scattered throughout the entire series that all builds towards a spiritual understanding of what it means to be good man and a lot of other things.

Maybe you just need to be from America to get Atlast Shrugged. I don't know. Maybe you need to spend 2 months learning world history for every 3 you spend learning about your neck of the woods over a period of 3-4 hundred years, and then you'll know enough about one particular way of life that Atlas Shrugged clicks in a way that it doesn't for others.

To me, it just felt like it's spending too much time to make its point. Maybe there are things I'm missing I wouldn't be missing if I grew up in an American school, learning your cultures and values, but that's how it is.

No matter how good the author is, there's a maximum as to how far you can take a concept before it becomes too drawn out, and Atlas Shrugged, at least with my background seemed too thinly spread.

I guess it comes down to something similar to most people's complaint about Star Trek TMP, about how it's got the substance for an episode of a TV show, but the length of a feature film.

And I know I'm saying this on the heel of calling LotR good, but there at least I'm familiar with all the imagery used, every meaning, every concept used, whereas with Atlas Shrugged I have no choice but to assume that there may or may not be some extra layers to it that only an American would understand, and I'm not even sure on the American part. Maybe it's something else, after all, she's from Russia, but if anything, I'm familiar with that, and it doesnt help

That's an example of one of the many American re-dubs over the original British audio

The original line was:
>No one asked you, you nosy little mudblood kike!
In my opinion the line works better that way, but you can appreciate hollywood weren't having it

It's just a joke image, used to bait GOT, HP, and LotR fans. The books might be shit or they might not be, it hardly matters since it'll trigger a reaction anyway. It's also not necessarily what /lit/ think, I remember deciding to read Atlas Shrugged because it was 'God-tier' on a similar image, but when I went to /lit/ to see what people thought, everyone was rather negative about it. Then I went to Reddit and they were negative about it as well, except they also complained about 'strong white males' when the world's most well known industrialist, Francisco d'Anconia is of Mexican/Spanish descent.

I just found Atlas Shrugged to be rather 'epic' to be honest. You really are taken on the journey of bringing down a dystopian government, and as unrealistic as it is I found it entertaining.

But yeah there are some ridiculous parts that are drawn out. The 70+ page speech was written well and sets out Objectivism rather clearly, but it is a struggle to get through and just kills the pacing of the book. Like genuinely kills it. It doesn't properly recover after it, save for a few parts.

I'm not American, I'm from the UK.

It really changes things with the latest reveal that Hermione is a nigger

>quoting it wrong

up up upvote reddit style!

Well, I guess I can see how you mean it's epic, but I still wouldn't rule out that our cultural backgrounds are just too different.

If I'm 100% honest, I always just felt most 20th Century books dealing with dystopia to be very off point, and it might have something to do with being from the eastern side of the Iron Curtain.

Not to say it was sunshine and happiness or anything of the sort, but I recognize too much propaganda in many of these western stories to get really immersed, so that could be a part of it.

Can ghosts have sex?

I'M ACTING
*eyebrow seizure'