Film/TV series when?

Film/TV series when?

Can't believe people over the age of 15 read these types of books.

>i only like mature content for mature people such as myself

There are better and more popular book series that would appeal to the same audience that haven't been made yet, so I'd say you'll be waiting for a while.

and exactly what is your problem with "these types of books"?

Worse than both Dresden Files and the new series he's started. Still okay though.

I'm not that knowledgeable about fantasy I just read whatever looks cool. I picked up Furies of Calderon and ended up finished the entire series in less than two weeks, loved them.

Recommendations?

I think YA Fantasy is generally better than YA Romance. I'd rather read Percy Jackson than The Fault in Our Stars.

Well considering he made them on a dare I'd say they're pretty great

How is the new series? It's some kind of steampunk thing right?

Yeah its not super amazing until near the end when it goes full zeppelin warfare, but enjoyable overall. The follow ups imply they will be more heavy in said warfare so I have decently good hopes.

What makes you think OP or any of the hunger games reading fags in this thread are over 15 user?

Robin Hobb is a really good transition from YA fantasy to more in depth fantasy. I'd recommend starting with Shaman Crossing and its two sequels and then Assassin's Apprentice, which, all things considered, is actually quite a good coming of age story, not limited too much by its genre-fiction format.
Terry Brooks also writes some pretty good books.
Robert Jordan also comes to mind, though his books are a bit on the pulpy side.

what does Hunger Games have to do with anything? Is it the "I bet you like capeshit" insult translated to books?

thanks senpai

If Hunger Games is the capeshit of literature, what's the John Green of film?

Monster Hunter International would make a good series. its fucking crazy shit, prophechies, agent FRANKS, death metal loving helicopter commando Orcs, trailer park Elves, gangsta gnomes, the devil, the worlds worst inlaws, and BASED MILO.

this series is my guilty pleasure. despite the terrible prose and the unimaginative setting and plots, I always buy the newest book

Film/TV series when?

what is this?

flashman. he's a coward sleazedog who comes out looking like a hero.

Not him but its the same teen fiction shite genre with the same demographics as OPs

Should I have heard of this guy?

I don't think Codex Alera is considered YA fiction

Not really, but every teenage girl has read one of his books. The Fault in Our Stars, Looking for Alaska, Paper Towns. There's usually a John Green Hate Circle Jerk on /lit/. Those are pretty fun. Everybody posting horrible excerpts.

Sounds fun, will read

So he's basically the new Stephanie Meyer? Interesting

He wouldn't be as hated if he wasn't pushed so hard. I don't think anyone considers Stephanie Meyer to be a good author, just one who created an 'interesting' story. John Green on the other hand gets accolades for his poor writing and social views.

Yeah, but I think he got started before her. He and his brother are also both YouTube celebrities. They make videos expressing tumblr tier opinions about all sorts of topics. He's pretty insufferable.

I read his first 5 Dresden books. It is surely a big fat neckbeard dream book with all the fedora tippings, sex and giant sandwiches. Still enjoyed it some parts but I am not so sure if I will read anymore.

It's heavily inspired by pulp detective fiction, so of course there is "fedora tipping" and sex. Hard to do a pastiche of something without some of the main elements it is known for

Dude very few people here are old enough to even know what noir pulp is.

Half of them have yet to hit puberty.

Weakest of his two series, its just outlander with pokemon.

Also no one on 4chins reads.

I'm just a sucker for anything Roman Empire-esque, and Codex Alera is one more book series to fill that want.

pokemon plus the lost roman legion

See Brandon Sanderson's creative writing course on youtube

Not saying its bad, just saying I doubt this would do well. Id like to see it but I think Dresden Files has a better chance of sticking around for more than one brilliant season.

If American gods does well there will be a few series popping up that will try and do modern fantasy. We might see Dresden files series.

Well there already was a Dresden Files series done by some of the writers/producers from Star Trek. It was decent and had a lot of potential, a pity it was cancelled before it got the chance to fulfill that potential

Yeah it is trying to mix modern, fantasy and pulp themes but it is not just perfect for me right now. Some parts fell like cringy still.

And I didn't see the twist coming in the first book really enjoyed it but Butcher couldn't do something like that in the other 4 books I read. He tried hard but it is still not enough. Yearly publishing is one of the problems I guess.

2 and 3 are meh but 4 and 5 are quite enjoyable even with this problems. Action and lore are the things giving people to consume the series I think. Man, I just want to read at least 6th book right now. It has some weird charm like that.

>Well there already was a Dresden Files series

We don't talk about it.

Most fans agree 4 is where the series hits its stride.

I just finished this series and I was excited to talk about it, but you guys are boring the shit out of me. One throw away, Jim Butcher gets so excited writing action scenes that he gets A.D.D. and forgets about characters in the room. Tavi will fight everyone in the room... except that one guy that is never mentioned again.

who /lit/ here. its a complete shitfest right now

>see /lit/
>bob dylan shitposting almost in every page
kek