New Rogue one Trailer

>New Rogue one Trailer

HNNNNGG

youtu.be/sC9abcLLQpI

I got chills Cred Forums. My body is /ready/ to receive the holy communion of star wars.

Who else is /ready/ here?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/X5aJfebzkrM
starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Bothan/Legends
youtube.com/watch?v=Kj08Jwp-2q0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

It's kinda meh tbqhfamalam.

I'm gonna skip it

Trailer 2? Didnt we already have 2 trailers?

Anyway, the second trailer sucked balls. I'm not watching whatever the fuck this is

look shit save vader

>Whoa check it out fellow troopers. Its that ace pilot that was just transfered here.... And... Shit shes a... Female?!?!
>leave this to me
>Hey nice moves out there pilot, you handle that interceptor well, whats your name?
>Ira Belle...
>whoa Youre a rogue one, arent ya??

;^) bravo.

Bane?

Fucking kek'd hard

fucking terrible

FOR KING AND COUNTRY

It doesn't feel like Star Wars at all

Could this be the actual first good star wars movie?

Oh look another sci-fi movie shot in Iceland
How original.

So the good guys are gender and racially diverse, and the bad guys are all white males. What did they mean by this?

How this flick will fit into ring theory?

God, I can hear his nasally voice

>real
>not so real

One would've thought having based Mads as your dad would prevent you from growing up to be such a cheeky bitch.

Disney shills going into overdrive. Sage and report.

>How this flick will fit into ring theory?

The only thing more autistic than said theory is including it and talking about it seriously in the review.

Fuck Mike.

Will they ever make a movie where the Imperials aren't essentially cartoon villain evil? Something from their perspective that makes the situation more gray.

That song was musikino, right boys?

I wonder how big a role Vader will have in this.
Seemingly more than a cameo, but they probably don't want him stealing the spotlight from the white cape guy.

>white cape guy
Any idea on who this guy is? I always considered Grand Moff Tarkin to be the main driving force behind the Death Star.

This.

I really want to see a movie from the Imperial side. Make people truly question who is "good" or "evil" it's really just shades of grey.

I think we're way beyond that when the first thing we ever see the Empire do is blow up millions of people for shits and giggles.

The character is actually based on Grand Admiral Thrawn who essentially rules the empire after the emperors death, nearly destroying the entire new Republic with 12 fucking start destroyers, and leading to the First Order.

>stronk female pilot xD

I hate the world

one was a teaser for the first trailer

looks ok but not like the usual star wars flick.

>shits and giggles
Not trying to be an edgelord, but it really wasn't for shits and giggles. Alderann was the source of the Rebellion, and the Empire knew it. It was of course an awful thing, but it was strategically/politically sound.

Regardless of all that the Imperial army has to made up of millions or billions of guys. Not all of them are evil. Some are just doing the job any other soldier does. It would be interesting to see a movie of Imperials fighting Hutt gangsters or something. Showing them actually bringing peace, and "justice" to shitty parts of the galaxy.

say what you will but he wrote the coloring book on this

I guess, and it would probably be thinking to much into it to consider what a huge waste it is to blow up a planet full of free resources, slave labor and potentially loyal imperial servants.

They blew Alderann because of Tarkin's autistic policy of "rule through fear".
Of course, his policy was shit because the news of what the Empire did to Alderann made a LOT of people realize how shit it was and that Sheev wasn't some nice old man being used by corrupt assholes but rather a fucking megalomaniac cunt.
In a way, Tarkin did more to help the Rebellion's cause than Luke himself.

Nigga they control an entire galaxy. This would be like if the US took over the planet and decided to nuke Dawson City, Yukon, Canada.

or even just nuking Hiroshima

>rule through fear
Sure. The Empire clearly weren't the good guys. I'm just saying it was logical that if you were going to build a weapon that could destroy planets, and use it to keep people in line you had to make an example of somebody. Alderann made sense as an example of the Death Star's capability for numerous reasons.

rebels, soooo many minorities and aliens and AZNs for some reason

Do you think disney made their money back buying the star wars license?

>for some reason
Gotta try, and tap that Asian market. They know that white nerds will just go see this regardless of who is in it.

No, it didn't.
Faggots choose a rich and politically relevant planet instead of blowing up so shithole like Tatooine who no one would give two shits about.
Fuck, they should have blown up some of those Hutt-controled worlds to tell the galaxy that not even those fags would get away with shit now that the Empire had the Death Star.

>paid 4 billion for it
Not yet, but they will soon enough.

Yes, it did. It was an uppity, and well known planet. People are much more likely to hear about it, and recognize the threat. Yet again, they were also involved in the Rebellion so it's a two for one deal.

Easily.
5 movies, video games, tv series not to mention all the fucking merchandising will have that money earned back within a few years.

M-muh minority wars.

Again, it was way too much of an important planet to choose as their target.
It's as if USA suddenly nuked France to make a point instead of choosing a place where only retards would care about like Libia.

Haven't seen TFA but why is there another death star?

this looks abysmally shit but so did The Turd Awakens and yet it made over $1.5 billion.
Star Wars fans are truly shit eating flies like Applefags and Nintendicksuckers.

I completely forgot Based Mads was in this movie. Now I'm going to have to force myself to watch this shit just like I'm going to do with Dr Strange.

Because new ideas are scary.

giant fallen jedi statue in the desert
hmm

Because J.J. Abrams is a retard and instead ofr ripping off one of the bajillion EU stories he ripped off A New Hope.

VII made over 2B, by the time VIII is out they will have broken even.

The Empire didn't care enough about the outer rim shitholes to actually enforce their rule there, they just let the Hutts do what they wanted as long as they were ultimately loyal to the Empire

Are we even prepared for this?

Most of us can't even understand Batman vs Superman.

Looks like an angry Pepe is on the right side of the Rebel crew (under Darth Vader's head).

Rogue One is racist?

You children actually watch this shit still? Are you all a bunch of pathetic losers living in your mother's basement? Star Wars is for children.

>female protagonist

dropped

meh. no jedi lightsaber fight. not gonna watch.

This thread should be on hiro's biography book in the chapter called "the fall of Cred Forums or how i learned to love the reddit"

I wonder how the reshoots changed the tone of the movie. More or less serious.

>talking about star wars
>reddit

ebin b8 m8 haha here's an upboat xdd (You)

>I member

They ended the tyrannical Jedi order. I give them full praise for that

I give them more praise for destroying a completely worthless, and massive senate.

darth vader is a big black man i dont know what you mean.

>billions of guys

THERE ARE ALSO GIRLS YOU PIG!
#GIRLLIVESMATTER

what's that diarrhea statue thing

>Ever listening to Mike on Star Wars

Honestly, ring theory works, and helps contribute to the idea of the monomyth.

But the day Mike did one of his original reviews and said Lucas's commentary about the franchise being like poetry was stupid, I knew he had no fucking clue what he was talking about when it came to Star Wars.

Mr. Plinkett is the worst when it comes to reviewing this whole franchise, because if he can't understand the basic concepts put forth in Star Wars, how can I expect a decent review on any level?

They fucked up by revealing Vader is in it.

It's not like anyone was going to skip out on the movie because they didn't see Vader, and the hype would be just as immense if they didn't show him.

Imagine how insane this would be:

>climax of the film
>rebels attacking empire
>gaining upperhand
>suddenly
>HOOOOOHHHH
>HAAAAAHHHH
>lightsaber thrums to life
>Imperial March begins
>room bathed in red light
>Vader is there, completely unannounced in any trailer
>audience had no clue he would be in the film

Goddamn it would have been great.

Why the fuck do movies have to spoil themselves now?

gb2 aintitcool, Harry, you fat leprechaun.

Maximizing profits, and they know people on social media will ruin that shit anyways.

The music still gives me chills. But the movie just seems boring.

>bland, short brunette protagonist (again)
>cheesy lines
>it's still about a superweapon

why is every stawars movie about a giant planet size super weapon?
it always repeats itself
>introduce new super weapon
>suprise, it has a flaw
>heroes use the flaw and destroy the super weapon
>repeat

But this time they are getting the information about the superweapon that Luke blows up in A New Hope.
They better show some dead bothans.

Looks pretty cool. Force Awakens had the benefit of extra hype for being the first SW film in 10 years so I'm slightly less excited for this and I imagine the interest will slowly diminish each year, but I'll go see it.

Donnie's cheesy smile midway through and SAVE THE DREAM kind of made me cringe though.

What the fuck was that asian kungfu shit.

Am i the only one who can't even bothered to get remotely hyped for Reshoots One?

>Make people truly question who is "good" or "evil" it's really just shades of grey.

It's not shades of grey. Palpatine is unquestionably evil.

>starts a galactic civil war, killing hundreds of billions of people, all so he can take control of the galaxy
>immediately abolishes any semblance of democracy
>immediately prevents anyone non-human from holding a relevant position in the empire (with very rare exceptions, like Thrawn)
>reinstates slavery
>responds to everything with mass murder (there's a protest on a city one some random Core World, so Palpatine orders Tarkin to land a Star Destroyer on top of the city)

I get that it's cool and edgy to talk about shades of grey, but in Star Wars (or at the very least this part of Star Wars), it's very black and white. Palpatine is pure evil, plain and simple.

>It's not like anyone was going to skip out on the movie because they didn't see Vader
I'd say there's a good chance many would've done exactly that if he hadn't been announced and it's just plain ol' boring rebels.

>tfw you will never marry Ira
>tfw you will never cuck her with her father in a secret suave homoerotic affair

Oh man, sorry for posting vidya

youtu.be/X5aJfebzkrM

but OP's trailer sounds like it uses a very similar score to the fallout one, in the last """epic"""" part.

I want to kiss Felicity Jones on the lips.

Who is holding out though?

>Nah, I don't want to see a new film in a franchise I love that everyone else I know is saying and is being universally praised.
>WAIT VADER!? THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING!

this

the senate was a complete fucking mess

What even are bothans.

what's the point of this story
what's the point of insipid gril prtagonist ("I rebel")
whats 'the point of "Old asian guy with a stick"

ik you are memeing but the bothans are from the second death star

too complex and thought provoking for what's ultimately a movie for children

But he wasn't mocking him because he said it was poetry, in fact Mike pointed out how poetic it was

Just because the upper echelons of the Empire are full of assholes it doesn't mean that there can't be people who believe the Empire is actually a good thing or who actually try to impose order on the galaxy.

Spy furries.

starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Bothan/Legends

ending will probably be super generic where the dad tells them how to destroy the death star before dying and then they all fly away.

I was set on this not being good when she wasn't just some random girl, but the daughter of the designer/creator. Like why even bother, what will be the point of this besides just adding new shit that didn't need to be added.

>audience had no clue he would be in the film

Normally I'd agree with you 100%, but c'mon user, was there even any doubt that Disney was going to put him in?

Mads is in this? Never knew that, might actually have to see it now

>they are requesting a call sign
>its umm Rouge
>Rouge One
jesus christ

Why is there so much fucking smoke in that room? Was Vader smoking a massive joint or something?
I know they are trying to make a call-back to TESB but the only reason there was smoke in that scene was because they were in some sort of factory.

oh George

4 billion, plus I would say 1 billion for marketing, tfa filming, toy manufacturing etc.
Movie alone made 2 bil.
With all the toys bly rays, and other merch, I would say they already are in green.

Of course there are good people within the Empire. But the guy who controls every aspect of the Empire is pure evil, and he makes no effort to hide that. It's not like he's a morally bankrupt guy running a country (those are a dime a dozen), he's a villain who lets his evil enter every facet of his Empire. The situation in Star Wars is so black and white that's it's amazing the Empire even managed to last for 20 years.

The post-Palpatine Empire (the Imperial Remnant, or the "First Order" as it's called in the new canon), is more of a shades of grey situation, because as far as we know it's just a generic authoritarian state.

>Riz from The Night Of
See? This is what the American justice system does. Turns innocent men into seditious traitors turning on the government

THE POWAH WE ARE DEALING WITH HER

>more rebels
>more nazis
>more iconic imagery rehash
>more of the same AGAIN

Fucking start doing some science fantasy Disney!!! Go to new worlds, do some cool atmospheric epic space wars.

Do a film noir detective story set on Coriscant. I don't fucking know. Do something artistic and compelling.

Why do these films feel so cheap? Sterile and boring.

The First Order looks as bad as Palpatine's Empire.
The fuck are you talking about?

Dr. Erso, I'm Lord of the Sith

He's essentially Suicide Squad's Joker. Minimal cameo given heavy emphasis in the trailer to reel in the nostalgia fans

the answer:money

This isn't DC though. Marvel knows how to milk shit better.

Because why take risks when you can play it safe, make a decent movie and make loadsamoney all the same?

>It's a Rouge....a StarWars: Rouge One tm : a Disney Film
fucking droped

>jedi
>having the hubris to erect giant fucking statues of themselves
what did they mean by this?

Did you not see Episode 7? Finn was a stormtrooper and its heavily implied the stormtroopers are just following orders and there is a comradery between them.

They are not just "lol pure ebul"

Still looks like shit.

Member Star Wars!?
Member AT-ATs?! I love AT-ATs!
Oh man member stormtroopers!?

it would just get leaked by some autist

Anyone else getting kind of an alien/prometheus vibe from this?

They had some hugeass statues in the Jedi Temple.

>The First Order looks as bad as Palpatine's Empire.

Why? They haven't done anything especially evil. The Republic declared war on the First Order, so the First Order responded by destroying the Republic's fleet and some of its most important planets.

absolute garbage, just like force awakens

I heard it was made lighter in tone and slightly more comedic in areas

Those statues aren't of themselves, they're of Jedi who are long dead. If Yoda had a giant statue of himself somewhere then you might have a point.

>dual wielding highlighters
How can one man be so based?

Actually, the Republic were sneaky little shits and only funded the Rebellion.
Even so, I don't see the difference between nuking Alderann because its monarchy is in the Rebellion and nuking a bunch of Republic-aligned worlds because the Republic is funding the Rebellion.

>Filename

Does Thrawn even exist in the Disney canon?

>female protagonist
>daddy is literally the bad guy
>bunch of nonwhite dudes

but I love the empire stuff

how do I watch TFA without spending money or getting sued?

The Rebels animated series made him canon.

>be stormtrooper
>wear armor
>one hit from a blaster still kills you instantly

Is this ever explained? What exactly is the armor for?

>daddy is the bad guy
He is obviously being forced to work on the Death Star.

Huh, guess my memories getting fuzzy on this...

Fair enough

>we will never get trilogies about The Mandalorian Wars, Jedi Civil War or The Triumvirate/Jedi Purges
A shame tbqh

#SPACESWAG

Darth Vader was a BLACK MAN

and his name was Anakin HOYABEMBE

>another Star Wars movie that revolves around the death star

Holy fucking shit, Disney
What the fuck are you doing

>two of the biggest movies in the next two months have Mads in them
What a time to be alive bros

>"We need a callsign."
>"Rogue. Rogue One: A Star Wars Story."

Jesus Christ, REALLY?

to scare the enemy I assume

It's an act of war. They're sending Republic ships, led by Republic government and military officials, using Republic money, to attack the First Order.

>Even so, I don't see the difference between nuking Alderann because its monarchy is in the Rebellion and nuking a bunch of Republic-aligned worlds because the Republic is funding the Rebellion

Alderaan was part of the Empire and had no military value. Simply arresting the Organa family would have had the same impact.

they almost never die, it's a lockout mechanism to stop them from dieing. Any trooper that gets shot twice is probably dead, but the first shot can barely ever pierce the armor. Blasters are strong as fuck, and anyone that gets shot without some sort of trooper level armor is dead, but troopers are rarely killed.

>Mads is sucking Disney cock
Great, I guess?
Kind of pumped that he's in Star Wars but seriously bummed that he stooped as low as Dr. Strange.

>Make people truly question who is "good" or "evil" it's really just shades of grey.
go back to your game of thrones, lord edgeteen

It looks boring

Cite your sources pls, I find it seriously hard to believe that

>troopers are rarely killed
Uh source on this bullshit? They get dropped like motherfuckers all the time.

So they're basically introducing him for Episode 8? That's kinda neat. The actor looks good.

Then how do you dolts find it interesting in the slightest if its just a slightly higher budget 60s era saturday morning cartoon?
We are 9 fucking films in now, how much longer can you continue to eat such simple basic bitch shit up?

Literally nothing.

No he is ELEVATING movies to make to more watchable.

Truly, he is doing God's work

in case you bump into ceilings or doors

Not me. Star Wars is mediocre fast food cinema, and I really can't be arsed to give two fucks about how they got some shit for the giant space shit.
Unless its a core movie idgaf, shits stupid anyway.

It does look good. Too many contrarians had decided it was shit before even starting the trailer.

It will probably end up being visually kino with a meh plot, which would at least be a 5/10.

ikr? Cred Forums is only good when it has self-awareness.

>Cred Forums

It's from that technical book thing that came out with all the spaceship cutaways and shit. And this is explicitly Empire Stormtroopers, not clones. The square on the back is a battery pack that energizes the white armor, it's depleted after a strong enough energy blast. I don't have the picture bullshit, someone could probably dump it.

lets talk about what we see at 1:23

is there one single fucking star wars movie that hasnt had this scene? let me guess, they are going to strategize about how to get in and disable the death stars shields right? so then someone can fire one magical shot from their x-wing fighter into the reactor, and blow the whole fucking thing up. right? I mean this same plot device has been used in every single fucking star wars movie! are they this creatively bankrupt?

Great, disney has created another bland, soulless entity to milk to oblivion while shitting out yearly releases to saturate the originals so much so that the entire franchise is ruined

>tfw star killer will never be in star wars again

I think I know the one you're talking about (or something similar), it had specifications of ships and weapons and stuff.

I still fucking hate that even more then Stormtroopers dying at a single shot tho.

>there are people on this board who actually liked Jedi Goku

Considering that's the Death Star that Luke will end up blowing up, I doubt it.
They'll discuss about infiltrating it to steal info or something.

What happens if they take too heavy of a blast?
Are they immediately taken to the Emperor Palpatine Surgical Reconstruction Center?

What's the point of anything?

I want this to become a viral meme because it is spot on.

>tfw no 1313

>faggots complaining that Vader suit doesn't have red eyes and tabard on top of pauldrons
>it actually has both

why are faggots such faggots?

Nah it gives you an appreciation for how technologically advanced the Empire really is. At the height of their power they were making and manning a star destroyer a day.
They just fucking die, those wookie crossbow's dont fuck aorund

INMEASUREABLE POWAAAAHHH!!!

do they actually have a blind monk LMAO

WHERE ARE THE BOTHANS?!??!
JJ YOU HACK REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
NON CANON NON CANON

I know, aren't you hyped?!?!?!

looks like a scifi tv show with some star wars merchandise thrown in it. the only things that make it look remotely star wars related are the obvious things they took from the other movies.

It's always amusing to see youtube comments and shit of people who try to pretend they are some hardcore Star Wars fans say this.

looks pretty decent. I won't be able to tell the asian characters apart though

that fucking filename

They're all going to die, aren't they?

I'm pretty sure this movie is an excuse to have Darth Vader again in the big screen

VWEEEAAAOOW
VWEEAAOOUGH
VWEEEAAAOOW
VWEEEAAAAOGH

What makes the Empire bad, besides it simply being implied since all the main characters/ "good guys" are on the Rebellion?

Planet genocide for starters

They were asking for it though.

Who the fuck are these people?

Yeah, you totally solve your political problems by eliminating whole populations

looks like generic, boring action garbage.

Also the Empire is supposed to be the bad guys yet there would be no war if not for this stupid rebellion, so they only have themselves to blame for being hunted and killed. Every time I see the Empire in these new movies and trailers they always look so much better. Uniformed, obediant to service and technologically superior.

Obviously things aren't so good or they wouldn't be rebelling.
People don't rebel just because, genius.

It looks really good

It looks far worse than Force Awakens

>Ugly female protagonist
>Literally who team consisting of garbage costumes and all different races so retards can tell them apart
>Ben should not be a high up Imperial. He can't do it, and I like him
>Jedi without a lightsaber
>Inconsequential plot that won't end with the target destroyed, should've been used for an arc in Rebels tier

maybe it was the subtle WWWWWWEEEEEEEEEEOOOOOAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH from the prometheus trailers at the end

Not everyone can or wants to be Cred Forums, that's why they rebel.

>Jedi without a lightsaber

He's not a Jedi, and if you want lightsabers, you have 7 other movies that use them.

It's from the new season of South Park fàm

>forced diversity

It just ruins the whole thing

>Force sensitive eastern religion inspired melee character
Yeah, totally nothing at all like a Jedi bud

And are you seriously implying that because the other Star Wars films have lightsabers that a stick is an improvement?

honestly the fan made Darth Maul film looks more interesting

He's a guy who deeply believes in the Force but does not have the power of it

When has it ever been established that hes force sensitive? And even if he was, when has it EVER been established that ALL force sensitive people are conscripted into the Jedi order? And no, a stick isn't better than a lightsaber, but not every star wars movie needs a lightsaber in it. If you think they do, then I'm going to assume you're a big fan of the prequels.

>It looks far worse than Force Awakens
except this actually looks like a star wars film, unlike TFA.
>omfg darth mual is so epicccc xD
no thanks

a thousand keks

I completely forgot this was coming out until now that's how little I care for it. I don't want to watch it but I know people are going to drag me out to go see it.

I guess this is the first work with the new music composer since it sounds pretty different from the previous stuff. Still good though.

Also I wonder how hard they've been focus testing, hard to not notice they've sidelined all the petulant "I rebel" stuff from Jyn in favor of showing her as determined and inspirational.

WURR WURR WURR WURR WURR WURR WURR WURR WURR

What PS1 game is this from?

You had one job, Disney

unless someone close to production leaks details or the shooting script of the pre-reshoot cut, we'll probably never know the truth about the whole reshoot debacle. sucks really

Jedi would be better :^)
I was going off the trailers

Force Awakens (3/5 at best) > prequels

Lightsabers though are very iconic and look great. Using other less cool melee weapons is like Mad Max riding a horse for a whole film

>except this actually looks like a star wars film, unlike TFA.
I don't know what that means

But hes barely shown up in the trailers

Oh for fucks sake.

>I don't know what that means
then you're probably not a star wars enthusiast

It's probably just an open cargo bay or something

What am I supposed to be seeing

I don't get it, what's wrong with this photo?

youtube.com/watch?v=Kj08Jwp-2q0

>Rhodesian Wojak in a Star Wars thread
?

Thats obviously what it is. The fact that people honestly believe they forgot to model the side of an AT-AT is ridiculous.

well hopefully they fix it before it's canon.

()
Wait I get it you mean the empty AT-AT body? If I recall correctly they named the AT-ATs cargo somethings for this movie. Maybe that one dropped its cargo.

It's not even an AT-AT. It's a new model called AT-ACT, or All-Terrain Armored Cargo Transport. The open bay on that one's side is because it doesn't have a cargo container to carry.

lol

Yeah it looks like a messed up effects shot if you don't know but it's a new type of walker that has a big cargo bay, it just has it's doors open

SHPEAK OF THE DEVIL... AND HE SHALL APPEAR

It's like poetry. It rhymes

typical design, that looks more modern in the prequel because it came after the original

So a walking Thunderbird 2.

Just why.

Still movies gonna be fun.

They're troop transports or something

If you had that set in your house would you... would you play with it?

Does that AT-AT have a penis?

Only thing I'm looking forward to is Vader. They better have him use his powers not like the fucking OT where he slowly and clumsily swings a saber around

Why do so many people think this is a good idea? Grey is good in certain stories but Star Wars is the type of story that works best when good and evil are clearly defined

yeah, let's turn darth vader into a video game character. now you're thinking

YOUR HIT. ON THE REBELLION. IT DIDN'T WORK, MY FRIEND

>~200$million budget
>donnie yen fight scenes
merits a torrent, I hope it gets leaked early

Definitely not going to pay to go see it though, this money should be going to original movies, not shitty predictable hollywood products
Boycott with me friends of kino

Please, someone in the movie ask Krennic if he feels in charge

Because the trailers are often done by third parties who work with whatever the people working on the film give them. That includes shots, scenes, synopsis, etc.

In fact, I think TFA was a rare exception where JJ edited and worked on the trailers in house.

Not sure Rogue One got the same courtesy.

Love it or hate it, the OT Vader is just how he is. He's an old man with cybernetic limbs. Having him do ninja flips and flinging his saber around like some martial arts expert would be fucking terrible. All he really needs to do is stand there, and hes fucking imposing enough.

It worked for marvel

I feel like this is thinking that has snuck in during the Prequel era

Han Solo was grey, Lando was grey. Hell, VADER became grey!

Nobody cared who I was till I put on the mask.

You're a burned guy.

For you!

Not even what I said dumb faggot fucker, but they should do the character justice seeing as you know... He's one of the strongest force users to exist? Id like to see him actually demonstrate his powers not just choking like 2 guys in the entire OT and fighting Luke twice VERY slowly

>>New Rogue one trailer
why did you greentext that?
>HNNNNGG
>I got chills Cred Forums
>My body is /ready/
>is /ready/
>Who else is /ready/ here?

jesus fuck this is the most obvious shill I've ever seen

Looks a hell of a lot better than The Force Awakens.

Never said I wanted him to do crazy shit like he did in revenge of the sith. I'm talking about being able to knock down and clear an entire group of rebels with a force push or something cool like that. I understand he isn't as mobile as he was seeing as his limbs were cut off

That doesn't take much though

>bunch of nonwhite dudes
Obviously all of the white dudes were pilots stationed in Yavin 4

I just saw that wtf

>tfw no Star Wars movie about Imperials doing cool shit
>or Bounty Hunters fucking around in the criminal underworld
>or Obi-Wan's solitude after Episode 3
Please, just anything but the same rebellion story over and fucking over again.

He was only established as one of the strongest force users to exist in the shitty prequels. Way too many people seem to be under the impression that Vader is able to just let shit rip and fuck up entire armies or something. That's not his character, no matter how much you want him to be.

looks better that episode7!

This so much, i watched the trailer a few times, tried to find some star wars jam in it and nothing, it felt dead, maybe i am wrong and the movie is solid but the guys who cut the trailer and added that stupid music should be fired, maybe its just me but TFA and Rogue so far feel more like divergent / maze runner / hunger games than star wars.

Prequels are still canon famalama

so this isn't the next sequential story from TFA?

There might be an Obi-Wan movie. Ewan is getting to be the perfect age now to play an older Obi-Wan. Also I'm sure we'll get plenty of bounty hunter and criminal underworld stuff in the Han Solo movie. Also theres rumors of a Boba Fett movie. I do agree with you though, seeing the criminal side of things would be nice, like that original plan for the live action TV show Lucas had planned years ago

He's supposed to be slow, you mongoloid. He's a methodical, imposing Terminator who you really don't want to fuck with. He's not some anime character.

>Obi-Wan's solitude after Episode 3
yeah, obi-wan sitting in the desert for 20 years, occasionally buying groceries. that sounds exciting

Right, but so is the OT, and in the OT Vader was never able to do that kind of stuff. Maybe he was never given the opportunity, but as far as we know, he can really only choke a few people and use his lightsaber, probably because his body got wrecked

Honestly it does just by trying to be something different.

What the fuck can Obi Wan do in hiding besides spy on Luke while he showers?

Maybe after dropping Luke off he went off and did some things.. searched for other Jedi or something. I'm not saying its a good idea, but there's a lot of time there that they can make some kind of story

New canon has him able to use force speed still, but not crazy flips like he did as Anakin.

New canon already has him be quite busy during solitude. Getting yelled at by Owen for being even remotely near Luke, fighting off Tuskens, various bounty hunters that are in the area because of Jabba, etc. They could certainly find something for him to do.

maybe. but if it involves dumb action shit with lots of epic lightsaberz, i'm not interested

I am so hype lads

New canon was clearly a mistake.

There might be but however based Ewan might be, there just isn't much interest in watching a movie that starts and ends with Obi Wan chilling alone in the desert.

I'm so excited. I don't work for Disneyâ„¢ honest :^)

>tuskan raiders plan huge attack on lukes farm
>bring back that expanded universe tuskan raider jedi
>seven samurai but more accurately one samurai, obi wan with some farmer shits with blasters

looks like another Big Dumb Action Movie with star wars as a backdrop

idk why anyone still cares about star wars, i really dont get it

The problem is that the whole plot has to happen without shota Luke finding out about it.

Nostalgia

>Tusken Raider Jedi

That dude ends up being a pretty powerful sith lord

>Essentially destroys Lucas's Kino Prequel Trilogy
>Adds loads of rubbish
I hate this

not quite so old ben jedi mind tricks him to forget it

>mind tricks him to forget it just so he can tell him about the force later

i know, but in this case he would just be a butthurt ex jedi that knows darth vader was obi wans apprentice

never because "gray" morality is a shitty meme for moody teenagers

he wasnt ready, he was too old. you need to be be so old you are young again idk ask lucas i don't gotta explain shit

It could happen when Luke was a very young child. Say 2 or 3 years old and Old Ben demands Uncle Owen and Aunt Beru to never tell Luke about what happened

0/10

It's really not that good, actually. The score, if this is any example, will be shit.

10/10

thank you, good to see someone else hype

>one person built the fucking death star

lame. even nukes were built by a billion scientists

Where did I say he had to act like an "anime character" you fucking autist

You think like a woman and Im genuinely sorry if youre not one.

He didn't build the Death Star. He built the science that goes behind making the laser weapon work, which is the "most important part" of the Death Star.

>waah why isn't Vader a fast moving planet destroying super god like the prequels implied

IT IS MADS. ONCE AGAIN.

feels like a fan film

Can't be less memorable than TFA's

W>AIT. Why is there Dark Vador?

Again, never said he had to act like that autist so good job embarrassing yourself. All I want is to see a better demonstration of his FORCE skills fucking faggot. He doesn't have either of his fucking legs or an arm I never expected him to fly around like a fucking ninja you sperg

but TFA is amazing

>W>AIT. Why is there Dark Vador?

roll

Why did they park so far away? Is the main dude wearing a fitbit and the imperial healthcare coverage demanding steps?

>no BMWF relationship in this movie either
Mike "if the baby's white get it out of my sight" Stokalasa won't be happy about this.

>autists calling autists, autists
wew lads

>but TFA is amazing
What are you fucking on about?

You is what who fuck

>owen blames ben for the carnage
>ben uses blaster until lightsaber wielding mystery nigga forces him into saber combat

>complains about Vader being slow
>tries to backpedal when people call him retarded
>makes an even bigger fool of himself

"What are we? Some kind of Rogue One?"

>autist calling autists autists who are calling autists autists

precisely. you fucking autist

Never tried to backpedal lol

Tell that to Kanjiklub.

Not the guy you were responding to autist. Thanks for proving my point

I'll watch it just for the Empire aesthetic

this I skipped out on TFA but I'll watch this and Strange for based Mads

You seem to be making a pretty big fool of yourself with your reading comprehension bud. Not the guy you're arguing with but you're both fucking dumb. Cheers!

i'm looking forward to them very much ignoring your suggestion and going back to the idea of Vader as an officer who doesn't get his hands dirty unless its personal

>not just choking like 2 guys in the entire OT and fighting Luke twice VERY slowly
:^)

Good for you I guess? Lol contrarian faggot

>to eat such simple basic bitch shit up
most people watch movies to relax, user. If you primarily go see movies to extract some deep meaning from them, become angry if the movie offers you none, and don't get paid for doing so, you have not much going on in life.

And? I don't see where he implied fighting like a "anime character" in that, faggot. Probably meant just better choreographed fight scenes not over the top like Lucas' prequels

I didn't care who was responding

Vader pulls off some stuff in the new canon comics. Nothing over the top or ridiculous but they have him do more than walk around and talk to people.

That's what I've been trying to say. I don't want some crazy ninja shit but if he's supposed to be numero uno Sith Lord id like to see more than just a force choke.

Ruusan confirmed

one billion dollars and 85% RT, bank it

can't wait to see them fool all those stupid white Imperialists with these totally foolproof disguises

>that music at the start
muh dick

>Valley of the Jedi
Get hype!

>tfw qt tie fighter pilot

I like this latest trailer. The earlier ones had me thinking Rogue One would be awful. I'm glad to see the "I rebel" line is more of a lighthearted quip and not some edgelord girlpower thing.

"Aren't you a little short for a TIE pilot?"

Better than the previous trailers IMO

I don't give a shit about continuity, but wasn't the Empire completely in the dark about Rebellion knowing anything about the Death Star or being able to move against it?

are wee gonna see vader get jacked up? that would explain his stiffness

No they obviously know the plans are stolen once they.... You know, get stolen

>That line had a good chance of actually being said thanks to the reshoots

>Vader gets beat up by a blind man with a stick
>Boba Fett is killed by a blind man with a stick

Sounds like poetry to me.

...6 movies, they are going to make SIX movies

I know they're iconic but I really wish they'd stop acting like the Rebellion used nothing but X-Wings

upvote

>thinking they'll stop at six

Did you even watch the trailer? They showed Y-Wings and U-Wings. Different cells even have A- and B-Wings as well; they just weren't the cells involved with the Death Star battle.