The Great Debate

YOU ARE ONLY ALLOWED TO WATCH ONE HIGHLY ANTICIPATED SHOW IN 2017. Stranger Things Season 2, or Game of Thrones Season 7. Which is it and why?

GoT. Why? because while I know they will both be disappointing, Game of Thrones still has a story to finish that I have been following for like a decade now. Stranger Things finished it's story in season one, and I do not need to watch them ruin it.

easy

game of thrones. got is actually an ok show, stranger things was pretty bad

Stranger Things then watch season 7 and season 8 together in 2018.

ST definitely. GoT has gone so shitty I just watched the last season to laugh at how silly the showrunners are.

I don't get it. What do you think he keeps in the arm pocket of that green bomber jacket?

condoms, cigs, maybe some tissues.

nothing? just a design choice. might not even be an actual pocket, like blazer/vest "pockets".

Millie has lewd ankles

>condoms, cigs
Why would he have those things? He's only a baby boy.

He's teasing us. He knows what he's doing.

A swiss knife and a handful of fudges

Oh look, a thinly veiled pedophile thread
>report
>sage
>move on

Branfu is old and busted. Froggofu is still cute.

Game of Thrones used to be an OK show. Now it is a flaming dumpster fire.

I mean, that doesn't really answer the question.

Why does she dress like she's from the mid nineties?

Stranger Things, I'll just wait for the superior asoiaf books

>Implying GRRM will write them before he dies

Better Call Saul.

Game of Thrones. It's shit now, but fuck it, I'll ride it out til the end. Not like the fat man will ever finish the books anyway.

Stranger Things was ok, like most Netflix originals. Not great, not even very good, just ok. Severly overhyped in that case.

stranger things S2, I'd rather just read the books but i have to watch the show atm. this would solve that problem

Fargo season 3

Thrones of course. Stranger things was just bad

season 1 - 3 were more than just "okay" though....

i haven't even seen stranger things season 1 and i'd rather watch S2 over GoT s7

this actually does scare me, grrm is old and fat.

It really started slacking off with season 2 though.

Yes, but seasons 5 and 6 broke the curb by, like, a lot. Shattered it really.

You can bet your ass. Even if he doesn't bite the dust in the next ten years, it will be way too hard for him cognitively to juggle all the storylines and characters. He already said that age has made him slower, that's not going to get better.

>broke the curb

Reading that momentarily blew my mind thinking I had been hearing/using that term wrong my entire life, then I googled it. Turns out you're just retarded.

I hope he wrote "finish the deal book" for that case. Like L.A. Meyer did.

He's basically come out and said he's written himself into a nigh untangle-able knot. He did a talk with Stephen King a few months back where he asked if King ever had trouble writing himself into any traps, and he told the story of how the nuclear bomb going off at the end of "The Stand" was never planned out, and it was the only way he could easily get rid of all the characters and plots problems that had become too complex to solve. Interestingly enough, that is almost EXACTLY what D&D did with the season finale this year with regard to King's Landing.

There has been a lot of speculation about that. A lot of people think Neil Gaiman is helping him at the moment, and that he would probably be the one to finish the series should GRRM bite the dust.

Stranger Things.

Game of Thrones is so bad it's not even funny.

Game of Thrones started flopped in S2 when they started to deviate from books with no reason at all.

twin peaks obviously since stranger things is trash and GoT has been trash for years.

Why is he so disinterested?

Game of Thrones, because i've never watched Stranger Things

Why not? Are you gay?

He's already said he won't have anyone else finish the books no matter what.

And when he's dead no one will be there to stop them.

it all hinges on if millie bobby brown is in season 2 of ST or not. if she has no screen time, i fucking drop it.

Well, apart from HBO.

His wife will have control over the rights to the books, she won't let anyone do it.
In book form, they won't be able to do anything about it. They're still working towards the same ending, though.

She is definitely in it, she confirmed it at New York Comic Con. How much screen time is a different question. I have a feeling she will be a presence throughout it via flashbacks and stuff (the new character that was announced, Roman, will probably be related to her in some capacity and looking for answers), but will not be reunited until the last couple episodes.

stranger things obviously, GoT has been shit for a long time now

I don't think those are condoms, and that isn't millie. It's Jack the sperg.

Natalia is so tiny and cute

Autism.

What is the circle for? I don't get it.

So real people actually still like GoT?
I thought it was just SJWs praising the shit because it's now all about women killing everyone

Game of Thrones. Stranger Things was an okay show that's extremely over hyped. Glad I watched ST but I would not rewatch it or be my first choice as a recommendation.

The last 2 episodes were brilliant. Every other episode was mostly shit with a few ok scenes.

Battle of the Bastards was good. The finale had some good moments but I wouldn't call it brilliant.

>brilliant

I hesitate to ask, because people ARE just sometimes this wrong about things, but is GoT your first HBO show?

Last episode had the entire pub I was at on their feet. It was surprise after surprise.

Yes, it is.

Prime Bran > Finn Wolface > gargantuan hands Bran

>Rickon being brought back as a prop to be killed
>dying in the dumbest possible way
>random Umber introduced because they realized they needed more villains
>giant wall of corpses appears out of nowhere and everyone gets backed up into it
>Bolton troops can climb over it but Jon's can't
>the Knights of the Vale showing up is supposed to be a surprise even though it was telegraphed in every episode beforehand

>Yes, it is.

Then you have no basis for "brilliance"

>the entire pub I was at

Kill yourself.

>Last episode had the entire pub I was at on their feet.

Force Awakens got a standing ovation in my theater.

I would watch Stranger Things Season 2. GoT has been irredeemable these past 2 seasons. I just hate-watch. I do not enjoy watching something I hate. If DnD, Kit Harrington, and Emilia Clarke died in a fire I'd giggle at the blowback.

His name is Finn Froghard.

>Then you have no basis for "brilliance"
Why is that?
>Kill yourself.
Sorry, didn't realize there's a correct way of watching a show

Star Wars nostalgia fags and marketing-influenced bandwagonners got excited over >decent Star Wars.

His name if Wolf Finhard

Because Game of Thrones is probably the shittiest HBO show outside of something like Girls.

Unless you're 16, there's no excuse for your ignorance.

Not to mention the show is garbage compared to the painfully average book series.

Game of Thrones. It's been shit for the past few seasons, but I've put too much time to not see the conclusion. Stranger Things season 1 was pretty self contained, and worked fine without the need for more.

game of thrones. its finally getting to the point and stranger things is annoying. all the kids need to do jail time for ruining that show

>Because Game of Thrones is probably the shittiest HBO
When did I say that it was the best HBO show? It's an enjoyable show that caught a lot of people's interest.

>Not to mention the show is garbage compared to the painfully average book series.
I agree with this

You said episodes in the worst season of a mostly shitty show were "brilliant"
And then you talked about how you haven't seen shit like Deadwood or Rome or even the Sopranos for fuck's sake
Then you mentioned you're one of those idiots who screams "OMG!" at a bar screening when like Oberyn gets killed or whatever.

Fucking stupid. People like you are why the show turned to shit after one good season.

>You said episodes in the worst season of a mostly shitty show were "brilliant"
Yes, I enjoyed watching the last 2 episodes of a shitty season. I thought they were exciting and a highlight of the show.
>And then you talked about how you haven't seen shit like Deadwood or Rome or even the Sopranos for fuck's sake
What does this have to do with anything? I'm not saying anything about GoT being better than those show.
>Then you mentioned you're one of those idiots who screams "OMG!" at a bar screening when like Oberyn gets killed or whatever.
Where did I say this? I go to the pub with my friends for Game of Thrones to drink and watch in a group.

>Fucking stupid. People like you are why the show turned to shit after one good season.
Literally what?

Go home, Max Landis.

Stranger things, because ive watched season 1. never bothered with GOT.

a series of unfortunate events

I'd relish the chance not to watch game of thrones tbqh. The show has been a real mess since season 5 and it'd be a relief to just wait til the next book is out, and get the story from there, as more strong-willed folk than me are doing.

Can I also avoid all spoilers and mention of game of thrones in this hypothetical?

Off topic, but you think he'll get the top billing cast in IT?

>Can I also avoid all spoilers and mention of game of thrones in this hypothetical?

I've also considered trying this, but there is literally no chance you won't be spoiled. In the end, the show is so different from the books that I just treat them as separate.

>I've also considered trying this, but there is literally no chance you won't be spoiled. In the end, the show is so different from the books that I just treat them as separate.
Oh, sure. I haven't considered it because I still enjoy the show enough, and it's a watercooler thing. But the people trying to avoid spoilers, it must be impossible.

nice trips, out of all the kids most definitely but not more than the main cast

Who's in the main cast? The only people I've even heard promoted are Finn and Bill Skarsgard, and of the two, I'd still give it to Finn simply because Stranger Things is the biggest fucking show in the world right now.

Maybe. But that's only if they go with a conventional billed cast for the promo material. Stranger Things definitely has better social capital than Hemlock Grove. But even though ST is huge, I don't think Finn's name would be a big draw regardless.

Except in Brasil

Poor guy. It's pretty clear he doesn't even like her (she's completely and utterly obnoxious IRL) but he goes in for shit like that because that's what the world seems to want to see, and yet she STILL snubs him. Why? Jesus fucking Christ, Millie. Why feel the need to embarrass him like that?

Poor Froggo.

Neither. I'm going to do another rewatch of The Sopranos because both Stranger Things and Game of Thrones are shit. Fuck off, underage.

GOOBAHGOOOOOOOL

Is this some kind of meme? Or are you actually that autistic?

I guess. Why would she feel the need to roll her eyes and look like she hates him as a person, when all he is doing is talking about the characters? Why embarrass him on the world's stage? I don't even get the impression that Finn is interested in Millie. Let's be real, he's fucking famous. He can slay as much puss as he wants. He doesn't need her and she doesn't need him. Why be so mean about it?

k y s
y
s

i still ship them

yeah that shit fucking pisses me off as well, finn is way to cute to be getting snubbed by some mangled teeth fucking britbong

>Stranger Things Season 2, or Game of Thrones Season 7

Na I'll swap you and take The Expanse and Man in the HIgh Castle instead thanks.

>He can slay as much puss as he wants. He doesn't need her and she doesn't need him. Why be so mean about it?
they're 12

Were you not interested in slaying puss at 12? I was. And if I was on the biggest hit show on tv, I probably would have.

actually finn is almost 14

Then that settles it, but my point remains. There's no reason for Millie to be so mean about it. She could even do them both a favor by playfully deflecting it and allowing them to both come off as not actually interested, instead of making it look like she hates it and he is a desperate cuck. People keep saying she's the greatest thing since Uta Hagen, well these are the choices an actor should be able to identify on the fly.

cant wait for finn to mature into the role he was born to play

would play caska and guts

the most importat

who would play Pippin and Judeau?

This exactly

I don't like it anymore but I've invested too much time in the story to not know how it ends. I want my hatred to be objective.