>implying you've seen it

Fuck off

>crab aliens

what

piss

The aliens are literally crabs lmao

so they're not aliens?

They're alien crabs

That scene where they slap away the annoying Americans and ask for Hitler was so great.

Actually they're more like a crab/squid hybrid

Ted Chiang is a mediocre writer. Gene Wolfe did teleology 1000x better.

It looks very questionable but Villeneuve hasn't made anything bad yet so you never know

WHOA USA SAVES THE WORLD AGAIN

THANK YOU MY BELOVED FELLAS!

the vertical half-sphere thing just seems stupid. i know its "alien technology" but i still think it should adhere to scientific logic. what advantage could there possible be to having a spacecraft like that? aerodynamically it makes no sense.

Hey, you're welcome buddy!

OP is right, I saw it too. Ask me anything

>What a fucking piece of shit.
"directed by denis villeneuve" should have made that obvious to you

I liked it OP. My favourite film from LFF.

>aerodynamics
space is a vacuum tough.

What's good about it user?

>le villeneuve is a bad director meme
fuck off

What else have you seen senpai?

So far my favourites are Brimstone and The Eyes of My Mother

Arrival gets an honourable mention

Well acted, well structured, well meaning (similar themes to Star Trek Beyond, with a emphasis on language/communication and a form of fatalism). Good shit, I enjoyed it.

.t triggered villeneuve pleb

Arrival, The Handmaiden, A United Kingdom, Paterson, Planetarium, Queen of Katwe, A Monster Calls, Frantz, Manchester By The Sea, Bleed for This

>Aerodynamics in space
Nigga....

My fav was All of a sudden, it was such a great thriller

Fuck, Brimstone wasn't on my radar at all, looks interesting.

you know what i mean. dont be a dick. imagine how easy an enemy could fire and hit a slow moving half sphere like that. its just a dumb design

Nobody in fact knows what you mean since your original "aerodynamic "point came off as autism. When pointed out the silliness of aerodynamics in space you moved goalposts to start bitching about the surface area being easy to attack by enemies. A moot point seeing as they may very well have none or may simply be the most powerful kids on the block.

Again u just seem like an autist

DUDE MEME CRITICISM LMAO

DUDE BUZZWORDS LMAO

DUDE I CAN'T EXPRESS A THOUGHT COHERENTLY LMAO

I would highly recommend it. Great performances by Dakota Fanning and Guy Pearce. Very interesting narrative

Also don't pay attention to the Rotten Tomatoes score. It's rotten right now because all the cucks are giving it bad reviews solely because of all the violence against women in the film

He's got a point though.

The ship still has to enter and exit atmosphere. Unless they have anti-grav down to a T, which the poster seems to prove they do.

DUDE IM BUTTHURT LMAO

Picture of aliums?

So then...he doesn't have a point moron

>movie by based Villeneuve
>no cheeto dust user

Is he kill?

This movie is from the director of prisoners and sicario. You should have expected shit

Even if aerodynamics was a factor, I think making the ships look illogical from our perspective is an intentional decision to demonstrate how advanced/different the aliens are.

those are excellent movies, though

sup samefag

Even if you did not realize that those movies were bad, your brain did.

sup villeneuve pleb

well done memeing bro

I hate humor in science fiction...
I like humanity, but not jokes during serious alien matters.

>the vertical half-sphere thing just seems stupid.
I think that's the point of this kind of aesthetic, it's something we don't really comprehend so we assume it's stupid

>aliens designed something that we would think is stupid for.....reasons

Uh huh.
What are these assholes, E.T.?
We've got military helicopters moving in on this thing. Ofc it's going to turn into a battle scene. Why else would you grab a director known for action movies?

I don't think I'm communicating this effectively.

Aliens from another world, or possibly dimension or universe, would not have developed technology using the same principles we have.
The concepts we understand as norm could seem completely alien to them as well.
so going by this logic whatever technology they use could seem stupid or incomprehensible to use because we're looking at it from our preconceived perspectives.

Amazing.

mathematics is universal for advanced intelligence

communication through mathematics is the only way

Memes aside, I really don't care for Villeneuve, so I think I'll skip out on this one

>DUDE RUSSIA AND CHINA ARE SO EVIL LMAO
now why did they have to go on and do that for?

Polytechnique is his only truly great film

>mathematics is universal for advanced intelligence
this is what we assume as human beings because our science revolves around it, but we don't know how alien life would understand it

Can confirm this.

Anyone who opposes Jew-controlled American malevolence is obviously rotten evil.

I don't think it's possible to get into space without an understanding of physics.

It's a very safe assumption.

What'd Wolfe use teleology in? Just finished New Sun, would like to read something else from him.

This movie has the same problem every other movie where advanced beings help humans.

They go out of their way to travel here, but don't bother stating what they want in our language, written or spoken. If you can get here across the vastness of space to communicate surely you also have a translation machine.

It wouldn't make for much movie drama, but hyper advanced beings would be more prepared in these types of situations than we make them out to be.

>If you can get here across the vastness of space to communicate surely you also have a translation machine.

That doesn't make sense. How do you make a translation machine for a language that nobody has ever heard before?

Bring flash cards then, fuck.

ET isn't going to show up without studying us unless they plan to kill us all off. Any advanced alien race wouldn't go knocking on the doors of primitives unless they came prepared. Studying our communications or other observations like spying with smaller ships.

I think it has something to do with things being split in half...or something.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Story_of_Your_Life

Does the women daughter play a huge role in the movie? She was a big part of the story in the book. Also did they do the same twist ending like in the book?

Came here to post this but someone else already knew what was up.

Any first contact movie that doesn't have the aliens already understanding us or working very hard to make that happen means they're not here for any scientific or philanthropic reason.

If you're heading to some planet to for resources, food or slaves then understanding the population there is a significantly low priority.

What was the twist in the book?

>picture of alien space ship in atmosphere
>"Guys, this ship design seems a little fucky. It doesn't seem very areodynamic"
>FUCKING AUTIST THERES NO AIR IN SPACE LOL
>you know what i mean
>STOP BEING SUCH AN AUTIST

the aliens basically say: "alright thanks guys" and bounce

>Not communicating through atoms

the twist is that her daughter isn't even born she's writing about the future with the ayy lmaos language

But Time IS non linear user, what is the problem with that?

Prove it, nerd.

>Enemy
>Sicario
>Prisoners
>Incendies
>Polytechnique

le denis is a bad director meme again

The twist was that she saw into the future and her sitting outside and looking at the moon was her making a decision whether to create her daughter knowing she will die at 25 or move on to something else. It either life of certain choices or uncertainty. Do we have free will or is everything pre-determined. That twist was kind of a stab at the heart. Reading about her daughter death was kind of fucked up. She fell to her death. While screaming her mom name.

Special Relativity, you fucking cuck. The only thing certain in the universe is causality

The only thing certain in the universe is that you're going to be a casualty.

I think you are talking about your ignorance but a retard like you can say whatever he wants.

i could have told you it was shit its starring amy adams

thats reddit tier

At least I'm not some dummy who thinks time works like Dr. Who.

No you idiot, Time isn't linear. Einstein already prove that. The fact that different events can be perceived on different orders by the same measuring techniques and all be correct means that time and causality as we experience it aren't related into how it works in the universe at all.

Stop being a retard talking of what knows nothing about and eat your shitty movies.

Oh he proved it huh? When did he go back in time?

HAHA, I am done talking to a retard like you.

>no facts to back it up
As expected of a baiting Cred Forums shitposter.

>It appears to be trying to communicate with us using nothing but memes.
>You mean its intelligent life?
>Intelligent? No, I said it was using memes to communicate.

more posts like this plz
don't care if it's true

let us know when your shitty sarcastic nation can keep the meta down long enough to produce movies of this caliber where y'all save the world

>dude [insert random word here] lmao

Truly an insightful and comprehensive review. Thank you for articulating your problems with this movie so eloquently.

O BOI I SURE DO LOVE THE DUDE [MEME] LMAO MEME

Holy shit

soooo....butter and asians are their weaknesses then

>perceived on different orders by the same measuring techniques

isn't the order the same though?
when did we measure B coming before A?
i thought we only see A coming first, or B coming EXTRA late.

Thank you for your based and helpful opinion, I will see for myself

>No you idiot, Time isn't linear. Einstein already prove that.
>Time isn't linear. Einstein already prove that.
>No you idiot
>Time isn't linear.
>Einstein
>you idiot

You don't know what you're talking about.

Einstein came up with a new model for understanding physics that involves accounting for time. In doing so he established that while time can be dilated so it almost completely stop it's impossible to go backwards in time.

In other words: If he "proved" anything it's the opposite of what you're arguing. So, just get back to smoking bongs and watching Cosmos there, pseud.

spotted the autist

100%

>DUDE DUDE RUSSIA AND CHINA ARE SO EVIL LMAO LMAO
kys my dude