Westworld

How the fuck do the guns work edition?

Do they fire real bullets and just do a check to see if it's a human or a robot that it's aiming at before it fires?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=e9QIvy3T8kg
youtube.com/watch?v=xSHYlSxQyJM
twitter.com/AnonBabble

The clothes of the players (this is why they have to change) and the hosts are embedded with microcharges.

The gun is a laxer targeter. The bullets are all blanks.

no

no

>Take DNA

Huh...why? Are they using it for host building?

Glorious French engineering.
youtube.com/watch?v=e9QIvy3T8kg

Is teddy "our guy"?

like a fucking computer game you moron

Dr Ford, I'm MiB

>self-cannibalism
>autoerotic asphyxiation
>tumbleweeds

TL;DR

OK but how do they get the guests tiny enough to fit in Sweetwater?

That meme will surely endure right?

you'd prefer the shitposter who argues the hosts are immortal? Just ask and anything can be arranged.

Nah, I'm fine with the shrinking process actually. We just need way more OC.

The guns aren't lethal on humans unless you say "Bang Bang" while you shoot. This is the secret that the MiB will discover in the series finale. Feel free to screencap this now.

what about knives? if you can stab a droid you can stab a human.

>"I can't tell if he's a host or not."
>"Well, you know the best way to figure this out..."
>stabs guy in the throat

all the people shot in the head already would tend to disagree with you

that also wouldn't protect the guests from everything else, like knives

On one hand it's stupid, on the other hand we could have a standoff with that song running in the background.
youtube.com/watch?v=xSHYlSxQyJM

Here

Humans get real bullets, robots get pellet guns

Humies can't kill each other, not without tampering with the ammo at least. Would be too dangerous.

it's illegal to shoot other humans, you sign a waiver when you enter the game

>le guns are too dangerous

no, it's literally just a big shooting range

Did you not pay attention? They're collecting DNA and using 3D machines to build replicate people. So of course the people are tiny, it makes more sense than going to some massive park the size of a state somewhere in the south pacific.

Maybe it's different since it's the show. But the movie explains all of this. I haven't watched the show though.

The gun doesn't shoot if it reads heat. So humans can't shoot humans, but it can shoot robots, since they doesn't have a heat signature.

The robots get real guns just like the humans.

The robots wouldn't ever hurt the humans even with a knife, they aren't programmed to do such a thing, that is if the programming doesn't fail.

Simunitions

This, simunition that causes squibs in the androids to trigger.

what happens if a human is behind the robot then

Bullets don't go through people. They bounce around inside the body.

I've had so many questions since this show has come on

>if visitors obviously get piss drunk, what's stopping them from stabbing each other?

>if a visitor goes on like a mountain hike or quest, what's stopping them from falling to their deaths or dying from exposure?

>can't visitors just troll other visitors and continuously kill their hosts who are leading them on quests?

>what did the park security mean by "should we slow him down?" when Harris killed that whole village?

>do they animal hosts not trample/kick humans out of reaction?

>why the fuck are kids allowed in the park when like 90% of the theme is just fucking and killing out in the open?

>why did they make hosts of children? Isn't that kind of fucked up?

>it looked like in episode 2 they "clean up" hosts who have died or have been ejac'd into, but what the fuck, do they just have hundreds of guests' cum in them throughout the day? Do they have a physical before hand to know if the guests are disease free?

>where do the guests take a shit?

>where do the guests sleep?

>if they clean up the hosts and start the day over, do the guests just like go to a hotel every night or something?

I do hope they show a lot more mundane details in future episodes. Also are the only real main characters the people who work there and Evan Rachel Wood? Is every episode gonna have like a little vignette of a guest/hosts' experience?

don't be this stupid

They disintegrate in contact with a robot making for easy repairs.

cool it with the autismo friendo

>why did they make hosts of children
It costs a shitload of money to go there, they probably wanted that pedophile sex tourism money.

Wild West era bullets were really soft nosed and considerably mushroomed on impact. They didn't go though half as much as a modern metal jacketed bullet would.

Several of those questions are answered here.

This image has been posted in this thread before here

>
>if visitors obviously get piss drunk, what's stopping them from stabbing each other?

Nothing.

>if a visitor goes on like a mountain hike or quest, what's stopping them from falling to their deaths or dying from exposure?

Nothing.

>can't visitors just troll other visitors and continuously kill their hosts who are leading them on quests?

Sure.

>what did the park security mean by "should we slow him down?" when Harris killed that whole village?

Make the robots more effective at evading/avoiding Ed Harris, maybe?

>do they animal hosts not trample/kick humans out of reaction?

No.

>why the fuck are kids allowed in the park when like 90% of the theme is just fucking and killing out in the open?

It’s the parent’s decision.

>why did they make hosts of children? Isn't that kind of fucked up?

Not having at least some robotic kids in a simulated world would ruin the sense of immersion.

Plus, some tourists are sick fucks and they need to cater to them also...

>it looked like in episode 2 they "clean up" hosts who have died or have been ejac'd into, but what the fuck, do they just have hundreds of guests' cum in them throughout the day? Do they have a physical before hand to know if the guests are disease free?

The whore bots can clean themselves and disease pretty much no longer exists.

>where do the guests take a shit?

In an outhouse.

>where do the guests sleep?

In hotels.

>if they clean up the hosts and start the day over, do the guests just like go to a hotel every night or something?

The robots don’t have to be shut down every night. If for example, a guest want to hang out with a specific robot for their entire visit, they can and the robot will play along.

perhaps the hosts themselves are chuck full of mini explosives that react when the gun shoots at them

whenever Ed Harris gets shot up he doesn't show signs of recafting to being hit to any kind of force

>whenever Ed Harris gets shot up he doesn't show signs of recafting to being hit to any kind of force
Dust billows up from his clothing so something is making contact.

maybe nano particle triggers?

THEY ALWAYS FUCK YOU WITH THE FEES REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

wth is the mesa gold detox? detox from what?

So they all fuck cold robot's, doesn't sound too appealing. It would take your right out of it. I'm sure they have simulated heat

>wth is the mesa gold detox?

A modern day resort / drug rehabilitation center tourists must attend after their visit to Westworld.

>detox from what?

Like drug addicts, the tourists have to be brought down and weened off the high of unrestrained killing, raping and generally behaving like assholes during their stay at Westworld.

Can't have tourists going back into the real world like that.

>The gun doesn't shoot if it reads heat.

The original movie was from 1973 and any tech details can be disregarded nowadays, as guns like that would still be highly dangerous, with tourists getting killed all the time from ricochets and misses.

No, the guns are real but they fire "smart" bullets that disintegrate just before impact when fired at a human, but remain a solid projectile when shoot at a robot.

Hacking the smart bullet programing will be how the robots turn on the humans and can kill them.

Why are you fuckers so caught on the details like "hurr how du guns werk??"

It's a TV show. It's a sci fi TV show. Pro tip: androids don't fucking exist either.

Christ why did I even come to Cred Forums, I should've just watched this show by myself

>Why are you fuckers so caught on the details like "hurr how du guns werk??"

>Hacking the smart bullet programing will be how the robots turn on the humans and can kill them.

It's going to be a fundamental part of the story.

>hurr it's just a TV show why should things have a reasonable explanation
You're the kind of retarded little shit that's fine with shitty writing and ass pulls because "lmao it's not real durr who cares". Why shouldn't a TV show have detail and consistent rules you dumbshit?

Who cares
There's probably a reason guest can't stay the night
>host restrains you
>you get hanged at noon
>you actually die
Bullets can't kill you, but I'm sure you can die indirectly
e.g. being drowned

>also
>
>blunt force trauma
So if they lose their protocol for a second and knock you in the head with a pickaxe or hammer-its more than game over

night time is when they clean up the place and reset the day
if people stayed the night then all the dead bodies would still be lying around the next day and all the NPC's would still be dead or they would have the experience broken by watching the clean up crew come around and reset people

Why do they always reset the day when it could be a week stay?
Why no 2-3 day continuity?

Also is inflation a factor in that high ass price tag for a visit?

this, why does it have to be like groundhog day

wouldn't that annoy the guests?

>it's a plebs defend a show's ambiguous and incomprehensible writing while trying to act smart episode

Do we know if the outer-zones have the same respawn timer? They might just do it on a 24 hour cycle near where the guests arrive to keep it fresh.

all I know if i bought an open world single player game with a fuckton of hours of playtime that you could never do it in one day, example fallout 4, but every day I opened it up I had to start a new game again, I'de be pretty pissed

the way I'm thinking it works is they have the characters on a short loop, eg. 24 hours until they lure someone into a storyline with them at which point the storyline can last much longer eg. two weeks

like NPC's in games that stand about in the town until you trigger them for a mission

> Season 2: Things go awry in Westworld when Bioware takes over Delos and all endings are the same now.

I'll answer this once and for all. This is fact and irrefutable.

>There are actual bullets inside the guns that looks like actual bullets
>It works like a paintball except instead of spreading into paint it disintegrates into smaoke when it hits a real person
>The hosts however have these sensors within the hosts that detects when bullets hit them
>it then simulates a gunshot wound from WITHIN the hosts

This explains why you can still see the bullet disintegrate into smoke when the hosts are shot but the gunshot wound is "simulated" inside their bodies when the bullet hits them

Jesus Cred Forums is so autistic

fuck this board I'm going back to /biz/

new episode later today?

stop reposting this its not funny u cunt

A cuck who has the girl he's interested in fucked on a daily basis? yes he's our guy user.

Do the maths on the earnings of the park they could easily buy a statesworth of barren land dont think its that big tho. also you have no idea who corporate are or how much power they have in terms of govt etc

all westworld knives are actually made from a composite of nanomachines

if you try to stab another guest with one, the nanomachines which are locked into a matrix, release their bonds on one another and the metallic blade instantly dissolves into a fine metallic dust

>blunt force trauma
more like: you fall off your galloping robot horse and crush your skull against a rock

>This, simunition that causes squibs in the androids to trigger.
There's no squibs.