So will it be ruined by quips?

so will it be ruined by quips?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Galactic_Empire_(Star_Wars)#Themes
youtube.com/watch?v=Kj08Jwp-2q0
twitter.com/AnonBabble

the trailer didn't have any

but I remember hearing a rumor about how they were doing reshoots to make the movie more "lighthearted," and judging by all of Finn's lines in TFA I bet there will be

Fuck disney

not if they're actually sparse and good.

Quips are not inherently bad, would you look back on any Arnold movie and be angry at any of the quips in them?

it will most likely be mediocre like most movies

It'll be ruined by main girl trying her very hardest to imitate SRS JLAW in all her scenes.
Also more hamfisted EMPIRE=NAZIS shit, just look at the insignia on the robots arm.

Won't watch, won't care. enjoy your shit.

>he's never seen star wars

>no Boba Fett in the trailer
are they really not gonna have the best character in the flick?

>Also more hamfisted EMPIRE=NAZIS shit, just look at the insignia on the robots arm.
So, you've never seen the original trilogy, clearly.

>Senate is shown to consist of hundreds of different aliens representing the entire empire
>Deathstar is manned by 99.99% white males

Makes one ponder.

Probably. Originally the director intended for little to no Quips but Disney reshot much of it after discovering it was too serious

Before the prequels the Empire is a human empire, I think they tolerated Zabraks?

After the prequels, I have no fucking clue.

It's extra-funny because despite the neckbeard cry of "the empire is only nazis because of JJ Abrams", in the pre-prequel EU it was established that the galactic empire's symbol was actually used by peaceful ancient space monks but the emperor took it for his own use.

Gee what does that sound like

The empire was based on English colonialism you stupid fuck

The Jewish/Disney conspiracy to make them "nazis" completely misses the point of the Empire and why they were bad to begin with.

A wise move, these films live or die based on their meme potential, if normie nerds can't hashtag quotes and make references then the film has failed.

8/10, I smiled and briefly wondered if you were serious.

The Deathstar was at least believable as a weapon of deterrence but man the universe must be SUPER packed with high-resource planets for them to justify destroying entire solar systems at a whim.

Let's face it, some of you are so invested in contrarianism as a adopted personality you'll find something, anything to hate and will show up in ever thread, making sure to be 'that guy', the whole time thinking everyone is thinking you're so high brow and above it all when you're still that guy no one likes in real life, just not on the internet.

>Star Wars creator George Lucas sought to make the Galactic Empire aesthetically and thematically similar to Nazi Germany and to appear to be fascist.[2]

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Galactic_Empire_(Star_Wars)#Themes

youtube.com/watch?v=Kj08Jwp-2q0

>literally everyone must enjoy thing, no matter how flawed or awful it is, if they don't it's because they are trying to be le epic intellectial XD

You're so smart and above it all, user.

looks like you got triggered into self-identifying since the post pegged you so perfectly, good job

palpatine made the empire with the senate then eventually phased them out in favor of regional governors

sheev only wanted humans to run the empire so all the stormtroopers, officers, governors, basically anything you'd file under the executive branch/him were human

except thrawn and some special cases I believe

>prime waifu on board
No it won't

Is it made by Disney?

No, marvel.

the point is that the First Order is an irrational, fanatical group of neo nazis who poured all their resources into a solar system destroying superweapon because that's what's expected of Star Wars villains

they don't care about actually ruling anything, they just want to blow shit up because that makes them feel better about themselves

Which is owned by..?

It was a different time, different standard, and there's a lovable irony to hearing Arnold say it.

The jokes in TFA were somewhat sparse, but I cringed every time. Please, let's less of that.

That's a good point, clearly the SJW conspiracy reaches as far back as 1977

>finally after all this time, we have become rogue one

wow really

It's already ruined by the worst quip in cinema history: "This is a rebellion, isn't it?... I rebel."

If they cut that line from the movie, I might actually go see it.

Jabba the Hutt

>her blaster is a bubba'd WWII gun
I'm glad they got at least one thing right.

Theerrreee we go. :^)

That's not a quip.

It's also not meant to be badass since Mon Mothma basically facepalms when she says it.

>all this projection
Neat

>Disney blowing their Mads Mikkelsen load already instead of saving him for Thrawn

a shame

They're gunna kill Mads twice in two months

Why is this my favorite scene in Star Wars?