Why didn't Disney make this the first trailer? Literally everything before this one has looked like fucking garbage

Why didn't Disney make this the first trailer? Literally everything before this one has looked like fucking garbage.

youtube.com/watch?v=4fE_yHEerok

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=IhCUgO_Rjzg
slashfilm.com/han-solo-movie-trilogy/
pastebin.com/4R69PtRZ
mixedmartialarts.com/forums/OtherGround/Natalie-Portman-Cannes-Photocall-Pics:2448095
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

do they have to ruin mads too?

No respectable career survives being in this franchise. Liam Neeson is only just recovering. Guinness was right.

Harrison Ford?

Only survived because lucas put him straight into Indiana Jones. Nobody else had that luxury

I don't get it. I'm sure it'll be a fine movie, but nothing about it looks exciting or interesting.

Mark came away alright in the end?

Kingdom of Heaven was Neeson's best which came after Star Wars. Donald Pleasance was a shit actor and easily one of the worst parts of the OT which was already considerably bad.

Halloween didn't save his career, it gave him one.

Why don't they make a star wars movie set in a new time period?

>CGI smoke

Literally couldn't be bothered to film Darth fucking Vader walking through smoke generated by a 10 dollar prop.

Between this and the "muh diversity" gang, I think this will be a hard pass.

This has potential to renew interests in this Franchise.

Vader looked silly to me. Maybe it was the angle or how fast he was walking but it didn't look right.

Hey new friend to Star Wars. That isn't smoke. Thanks!

>Donald Pleasance pops into for a non sequitur

When the fuck was Donald Pleseance in star wars

The whole background is CGI. Having real smoke would interfere with the background and just make it harder. Easier to add it in later. It made him look like a teenager trying to look tough.

Is Hayden playing Vader?

No why would he?

Why is everyone human?

Because this trailer contains footage from all the crucial scenes they had to re-film because test audiences hated them.

it looks boring, it looks generic. I don't even need to see the movie (even thought I will) because I can already see it in my minds eye.

It will be a safe, predictable, generic sci-fi movie that was assembled on Disneys assembly line of modern blockbusters. With an in your face female empowerment message that will surely make you roll your eyes more than once.

All the trailers have failed to make me even remotely interested. And the only reason I give a shit about Episode 8 is because I want to see Luke Skywalker. Disney knows this, which is why they're baiting us all into these movies by reusing characters from the OT.

Are you an idiot?
The last one is the worst by far.
It's a Hunger Games clone.
They don't even bother to hide they are targeting exclusively YA chicks with this movie.

I don't think the previous ones looked bad but I definitely did like this one more than them

Yeah. Ya'know interest in Star Wars has really fallen off lately. This could be the one!

YA?

voice acting. not bad, but still

No way. Even under a mask, he'd still find a way to fuck it up.

This trailer was fucking cringey as fuck desu.

Looks beautiful but. Will make some nice wallpapers.

jah.

Yeah, because "doing things easy" is totally Star Wars. The effects in "Rebel Assault 2" were more convincing.

youtube.com/watch?v=IhCUgO_Rjzg

>Kingdom of Heaven was Neeson's best
He was barely in the movie, which wasn't good until the directors cut

He had a good voice acting career, but as far as live action goes, he has very little to show after the OT ended

That would require effort and creativity.

was that a statue of our good friend obi one kenobi

Holy fuck was this trailer ever good

I'm cautiously optimistic. I'd like to see more of the Empire (big fan of theirs) and what it looks like to live under an Imperial occupation, which this trailer hints at. I thought VII was too derivative of IV and couldn't really enjoy it, but this one seems different enough to warrant a watch.

>evil rayciss white man vs katniss the diversity crew
>and the plot is literally one line from the opening crawl of Star Wars 1977
fucking hell, I'll wait for the rip

Yeah, but he's been an excellent stage actor as well.

because actual aliens are hard to write.

seriously, almost every alien we ever see is just weird looking humans with weird philosophy, almost every alien is understandable and relatable.

the only really alien thing ive encountered so far are the aliens from the arrival short story (story of your life)

Was it kino?

fuck no retard

>It made him look like a teenager trying to look tough.
No it doesn't. You're just blindly bashing it because you're addicted to being a fag.

Hayden is 6 foot tall with an average frame. No, retard.

I had no idea Nas from The Night Of was going to be in this. I am no longer interested

>there are people in this thread right now that are upset that the new star wars movies are bad

Listen, I get it, its frusterating. But this is your punishment for sticking with the franchise, for buying all that (non cannon) EU crap, for paying to see a fucking 7th star wars movie.

Now bring out your shekels goy, Disney needs those star wars moneys, and they KNOW you'll pay for it like the crack whores you are.
What, you're going to be a special snowflake and boycott it, forget it. There are MILLIONS of people who dont know better. They'll pay, their kids will pay, your kids will pay.

Disney and Marvel and every other piece of refuse in Hollywood will crank out sequel after sequel after sequel and then a "soft reboot" followed boy three more sequels. Because you'll buy it you SLUTS.

>knowing enough about hunger games to make a comparison

Seriously consider suicide.

Jokes on you, I'm a pirate. I don't pay shit to these money grabbing kikes.

No, because even under the mask, he'd still find a way to make you go "Why does Vader look like a little bitch?"

What are you talking about? There are literal aliens in the main cast

did you not see that robro?

What the future k are you talking about? the first one was way better

>Another film with a white, female protagonist, and an English accent
Don't care for this.

It's a lot harder than you think. Think back to the games and the most popular ones were all in that period, Jedi Knight II and KOTOR excepted.

even this, that the viral marketers are shitting their pants over, isn't enough to get me excited. Looks like a few recycled shots from ANH plus a shitload of characters I don't know or care about.

>"True star wars fans" saying how this takes place after TFA

I like star wars but god I fucking hate everything else around it

>>"True star wars fans" saying how this takes place after TFA
What did they literally mean by that?

>Alec Guiness
>Ewan McGregor
>Natalie Portman
>Harrison Ford

Nice theory.

"save the rebellion!, save the dream!"
burst out laughing at that point, this is the cheesiest thing ive seen all year, movie looks garbage

>All of these characters are going to die

Will Ashoka finally get a live action appearnce?

>clone wars cartoon, as well as the Rebels cartoon are all canon

kind of hard to imagine a non-cartoonish looking Ashoka

They better all be dead by the time the film ends.

I hope by the end of the film they all die with only the droid making it with the death star plans.

They have to die right? like they dont blow up the death star is this some Tom cruise valkyrie level shit?

>many rebels died to bring this information
mainlead woman gets to live

I hope there's Hayden and McGregor cameo, I'm not an edgy redditor who hates prequels

Bothans not rebels

I want to put my penis in Ashoka

didnt you see the statue of our good friend kenobi. theres going to be a flashback or something of him

DUDE DIVERSITY LMAO

Cant wait to not give disney my money for this crap

>like they dont blow up the death star is
What kind of asinine question is that? They won't do it because that's not what happened in the universe and they're obviously not going to retcon all of Episode IV. If you're asking what reason they had for not blowing it up, if it's in anyway a well-written story, they'll address that.

This looks like a generic blockbuster scifi with a Star Wars skin

>Whoa check it out fellow troopers. Its that ace pilot that was just transfered here.... And... Shit shes a... Female?!?!
>leave this to me
>Hey nice moves out there pilot, you handle that interceptor well, whats your name?
>Ira Belle...
>whoa Youre a rogue one, arent ya??

Walked out of my room right there and then

Galen?

>fourlionsending.jpg

The one liners were unbelievably cringy in both trailers.

I would rather endure quips than I REBEL my god

Dr. Erso, I'm EMPIRE.

this cant be happening...

the fuck? i was saying theres no way this ends well for them because obviously they dont blow up the death star and its a failed attempt similar to the film valkyrie about the attempted hitler assassination. Jesus christ you are a moron with no reading comprehension kys

First one to talk gets to stay on my spacecraft!

He didn't breath in space so good, who wants to try next?

Or perhaps hes wondering why someone would blaster a man before venting him out of a tie fighter

i found the bits at the end kinda inspiring desu

>you will never fight against a totalitarian space empire alongside your fellow rebel bros

looks like they're trying to hide the comparatively shoestring budget with extra filters and blur

Nah. Just gotta cast a hot curry girl, paint her orange, and put tentacle spikes on her scalp.

ignore the sperg, user

It will not be a failed attempt. Their mission is to steal the plans, not to destroy DS

the mother fucker had the balls to call me asinine while failing to understand english

You ask whether they blow up the Death Star, the answer is obviously no. The point of the movie is to steal the plans. That's the point of the mission, and they'll obviously succeed, unlike in Valkyrie.

Your question is still asinine.

Butt Hurt 2
The Grammaring

well played

>shoestring budget
$195 million

>its a sequel

So is he supposed to be Grand Moff Tarkin or something?

flawed last true scotsman argument where they do not understand a near 40 year difference in the timeline.

Every piece of starwars media, especially the books used to put a timeline before the flyleaf. It shouldn't be that hard to figure out that a movie out before ANH cannot be after TFA

Missing the keyword of comparatively. The Force Awakens had $101 million more

I think you're just making shit up. Nobody could be stupid enough to believe that unless they have only seen TFA and are mentally incapacitated.

>last true scotsman
No true scotsman you mean

right that, tired

thats what he seems to be implying

But aside from BvS and CACW, it's the most expensive movie of the year.

>right that, tired
I'm probably a thousand times more tired than you, retard. Don't use it as an excuse

They're trying to capture the "scope" of the force awakens but on a tighter budget. You can expect cut corners

I'd like to say not really, teeth need to be surgically removed and replaced with sleep on and off, 2 to 3 hours at a time for nearly 2 weeks. Between antibiotics killing shit in the dead teeth i'd say bring it on.

>They're trying to capture the "scope" of the force awakens but on a tighter budget.
Then this may have been a poor decision.

I've been awake for 3 days straight and I probably won't sleep for another day, this has been going on for 7 years. Please kill me

>thats what he seems to be implying
Where would you find these people? That seems like an ironclad instance of Poe's Law.

that's why I'm using it as an excuse, I normally get sleep, you don't.

I'd be well into booze and vicodin if I was you.

At Reddit we fear that this movie may be a dud t b h

I don't do drugs. I guess you have the excuse of having your fucking teeth pulled too

wherever this guy encountered them, so third hand account on a Vietnamese hair removal website.

>I don't do drugs.
You're missing out.

Neither do I, but after the first year I'd be working on a way of improving my living conditions (quality of life)

Try melatonin.

They use that intense string music to wake up feelings of excitement in you. How cheap and manipulative.

This movie will be garbage.
>lets destroy the death star... again

Can't they just leave the Death Star and Vader alone and come up with something new? They're literally scared of being creative because it might not appeal to audiences and therefore not make any money.

They're just aiming for the lowest common denominator, fuck disney star wars.

>literally nostalgia overload trying to squeeze money out of this stone

user its going to be worse, they're literally doing 3 Han solo movies. 3

After Han leaves Cadarin, you're going to have Imperials looming over his life for next 20 years. It will be like extended, extended edition of the OT

correct myself, 'Carida'

>another female lead
>multi ethnic good guys
>only white guy in entire trailer is the main villain
>forced shitty accents to make characters relatable to international audiences

good goys will actually pay to watch this propaganda. what a world

Maybe if you tried to criticise something other that your weird race fetishes, people would take you seriously.

is that tarkin?

Looks very generic, but I'm liking the visuals. Gareth Edwards could be a great director if he took on good scripts and stopped making Hollywood production line movies.

looks like fun.
so really who cares, fun movie, watch it, forget it. Stop pretending like movies are something sacred.

nobody would watch his independent films, his best bet is to do assembly line till he has enough clout to do what he wants

EY ERRYBODY WHO WANNA FUCK MON MOTHMA SAY YEAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH

EEEEEEYEAAAAAAAAAAH

BABY WANT MILKY MOMMA MOTHMA SUCC SUCC SUCC

>Just turn your brain off bro huhuh

I never said that.

but that is literally the same result

You implied it.

Nah, the bit where she says some crap like;

>HOPE IS WHAT REBELLIONS ARE MADE OF

And Donnie Yen does an orgasm face and bangs his stick and the music cuts in is where I lost it.

In fact, every shot of Yen or word out of his mouth was hysterical.

Kill yourselves niggers.

>enjoying a movie equals clinical death
wew.

>you have to be dumb to enjoy a movie
I get where you're coming from, but I disagree.

the whole magic negro bit is some kind of terrible caricature. I'm not even sure it is a starwars movie.

I was like we went from SLJ with BAMF on his lightsaber or Lando trying to swindle vader to..I'm not even sure what the fuck they're wasting forrest on.

They get a 3 time oscar winner and drop him into most tropey looking shit ever

>And Donnie Yen does an orgasm face and bangs his stick and the music cuts in is where I lost it.
>In fact, every shot of Yen or word out of his mouth was hysterical.
I thought he was going to be one of the few redeeming parts of this shit but that was embarrassing.

DAS RITE YOU KNOW YOU WANT SOME OF DAT MON MOTHMA ASS, SECOND BEST PUSSY IN DA GALEXZEE NEXT TO DAT SILLAY HO YADDLE

>I get where you're coming from, but I disagree.
You clearly don't

3 han solo movies? Holy shit.

So they will milk the current established franchise/characters without bothering to come up with original characters and story. It will always get tied to the OT.

Fuck off reddit nigger

I agree? Didn't even realize.

Not if the first one doesn't make enough. Please don't pay to see it.

DAS RITE NIGGA DAS RITE THIS STAR TRACK THREAD SERIOUS BUSINESS US NIGGAS BEST NOT BE JOKING AROUND AND SHYT AMIRITE?

>I get where you're coming from
you don't

I do, it's ok.

Calm the fuck down SaganFan1983. These are children's movies you faggot.

slashfilm.com/han-solo-movie-trilogy/

everyone gets a fucking trilogy.

pastebin.com/4R69PtRZ

Not just milk, they're going to break the udders the fuck off.

I enjoy a good meme as much as the next person but talking like a retarded nigger isn't funny or clever.

I think what user tried to say is that they're forcing diversity rather than it be there organically through the best casting choices.

Youth authors

looks like fun.
so really who cares, fun movie, watch it, forget it.
Kill yourself

So what you're saying is all of your mother's boyfriends are neither funny or clever.

What does that have to do with pretending to be a nigger on the internet?

Yeah, as I said, I get where you're coming from, I just disagree.
What's your point?

It means you need to calm the fuck down and fuck off back to Cred Forums you trumpkike crybaby.

P.S. bix nood lik muh dik

>What's your point?
You're a retard.

no need to be angry, man.

She's been dead for 10 years.
>trumpkike crybaby.
I don't have any problem with black people, just retarded niggers.

I stopped going to the movie theaters to watch Hollywood shit.

My city actually has a 'kinotheque' (not even memeing) and the last movies I paid to see were Aki Kaurismaki movies. They're known to choose a director and show a bunch of his movies, among other things they do.

No need to pretend you understand

I see.

Even actor is the same. What a bunch of hacks

Nobody cared who I was until I put on the mask

>Nobody cared who I was until I put on the mask
Only the most famous jedi of the clone wars, you can't even meme right faggot.

But this trailer made the movie feel like it's about teenage angst

You're the cancer

>apocalypse now but with star wars characters

Fuck off.

starring a woman who hasn't been a teen for almost 15 years. Irebel

This isn't rocket surgery buddy...

glorious britbong genes
I kinda understand the whole "breed your own set of talent" with the rey actress, but who the fuck dug up this ancient artifact?

>"breed your own set of talent" with the rey actress
what did you mean by this?

>Rebels cartoon are all canon
Kill yourself disney cock smoker.

I heard people were complaining about the Death Star's dish in this film, am I missing something?

they took an unknown young actress and trained her/pushed her to be the next face of their franchise

lol you're mom died, and your a faggot to!

They chose poorly

to be fair she looks decent when she doesn't smile.

how could they know it would be that jarring

>lol you're
>faggot to!

It's their job to know. This isn't supposed to be some amateur production. People are right when they call it big budget fan fiction.

most people aren't caught in a full body smile so unless they missed it in her portfolio book or whatever they used to cast her..I doubt they would have seen how haggard she looks

forgot
>your a

you do realize that only you and other autists on Cred Forums care about this, nobody else gives a shit what her smiles looks like
what they DID fuck up on are her acting skills of which she has none

She doesn't even smile fully in the movie, so it doesn't matter you turboautists. She looks fine.

>Daisy is bad actress
When will this meme end? Her acting was ok.

>cyborg ghost dog

whitaker ruins everything he is in so...

which was my point above, this is supposed to be a war movie and with right lighting they can hide just about anything.

we were just spoiled with our leia's and padmes now we're getting real girls in our starwars

No, he doesn't say a word in the entire trailer

A 32 year old woman acting like a 16 year old girl is still retarded.

?
she's 24

>multicultural jihad forces lead by white women to destroy white men
Oy vey, vat a kino experience, right goyim?

>what if star wars was gritty and dark like everything else these days

You're acting like she hasn't been in other stuff or that no one involved in the movie ever spoke to her in person. It's fine if you think she looks fine but they knew what they were getting.

Felicity Rose Hadley Jones is an English actress. She started her professional acting career as a child, appearing at age 12 in The Treasure Seekers. Wikipedia
Born: October 17, 1983 (age 32), Bournville, United Kingdom

Now this is podracing

no, I understand what you mean, I do. I just meant her 'haggard'ness doesn't really come out unless shes in middle of a gut busting smile. Her laugh lines are probably covered by pounds of makeup is my point so only show with exaggerated smiles.

I do think she looks better than Rey but the new brits are still bottom tier.

mixedmartialarts.com/forums/OtherGround/Natalie-Portman-Cannes-Photocall-Pics:2448095

>scrolls down 4 posts

we were talking daisy, bro

You're way off user, follow the conversation back.

No we weren't, I am the other user he was talking to. This was always about Felicity.

>we
Just fuck off faggot

50% reshoots between them

Jackson and Portman survived the prequels.

Natalie looks better 10 years after the prequels than daisy ever has or will.

you're a bunch of autists

user talks about disney picking ridley

are all in response
fuck off

>mfw people are desperately trying to say this looks bad because of MUH DIVERSITY

Just fuck off already. They all die, isn't that what you want?

Jesus christ you retarded autist faggot. Try to keep up.
Are all me.

SAVE A REBELLIO
SHAVE A DREA

Reminder that the whole premise of this movie is to introduce Jen as Rey's mom in Episode 8.

>(even though I will)
This is why capeshit and now starshit are able to stay afloat, because of retarded sheep like you that figured out the formula to these bullshit movies and still pay the kikes who make them to watch something just because all m-my normie friends will watch it user!!! Fuck you, and peace.

That's not what the premise is you jackass, that would be the resolution.

The premise is a bunch of rebels get together to stop one of their dad's from completing a super weapon.

that'd actually be kinda cool.
Also incredibly retarded, but still cool.

>trying to act like main starwars movies aren't about skywalker crotchfruit

user pls

alright you fucking imbecile

see this one?
it starts the whole fucking chain and it's talking about ridley

here is your first response TO A COMMENT ABOUT DAISY
unbelievable

You're the only one who's not following. fuck off cunt. Thanks for killing the thread.

Uhhh you dont get to bring storm troopers

~Fixt~

>when the grandmother ends up looking the best of the bunch

strange to have such thoughts about a gilf

Did you not see that black guy?

I can't wait to see this movie. Hopefully all of the white people die horrible deaths and all the women/ strong people of color survive.

What is this of?

Phantom Edit when?

O a fan film of Cred Forums turbo autists breaking into Disney HQ on a mission to find the original grim dark cut of Rogue 1.

Because

They

Rebel

Fuck me, I forgot all about that movie

Where are the quips?! Dropped.