ITT: Fargo, the TV Series

ITT: Fargo, the TV Series

To kick the thread off, how are they going to set the third season after the first one? Didn't Malvo wipe out the Fargo mob in the first season?

season 3 will bring back season 1 cast and show malvo's early career as a hitman with him "winning" in the end

It's set after season one.

For one, Sam Hess's retarded sons are in it and running their own operation.

It will be shit without Martin Freeman. Wish they'd exercised some artistic license with his character and not have had him killed off.

Second season didn't have Martin Freeman and it was fantastic. Better than the first, I'd say.

Second season was nowhere near as good as the first.

kys

From the musical cues to the editing, directing and acting, it's a far better piece of television. Not to mention that the characters were more interesting and better fleshed out.

Malvo was fantastic, don't get me wrong, but with the exception of Hanzie, the villains were sympathetic, thoughtfully written and came across like real people with real considerations, histories and motivations.

Lester was just the guy next door that turned out to be a massive piece of shit and Malvo was the Devil a bored hitman who thought too highly of himself. Meanwhile, just about every character in season 2 had complicated and involved motivations, loyalties, etc.

Don't get me wrong, the first season is great, but the second knocks it out of the water.

I fucking loved season 1, I couldn't get past episode 2 of season 2. None of the characters seem nearly as interesting as even minor characters from the first one. I might give it another try

Do it, it gets better

Ewan McGregor is a better actor than Martin Freeman. Carrie Coon and MEW are pretty good too.
Lester wasn't even the best part of the first season.

Season 1 was a very enjoyable but pretty shallow character study.

Season 2 was a very enjoyable gangster/noir story. I'm not really into those so the first did more for me, though 2 had more moving parts that kept me more entertained.

I can respect that. I love me a good gangster/noir story, and keeping it from being pitch black in tone was an interesting direction to take with the genre.

I had a theory they were going to set it around the incident in the 1800s from the episode Martin Freeman. Like how Peter Fonda mentioned Sioux Falls in S1. Supposedly it's gonna be set in 2010 though so fuck me.

*Martin Freeman narrates

is colin hanks back for this season? i really don't want to see that annoying faggot again. the fat girl is annoying but i didn't find her nearly as annoying as colin, that guy can't act worth a shit

Nothing says that they won't set a future season in the far past. Showrunner says he has eight seasons planned out.

i don't know why people think martin freeman is a good actor. he plays the same character in everything.

I'm guessing the Hanzie character will kickstart season 3's main arc somehow. Whatever the case I'm hoping the alien motif gets nixed.

They're probably going to go with a different surreal motif every season, since the first one had the devil. What's another surrealist element that the Coens use?

The devil shows up in a few of their movies, but UFOs only make an appearance in The Man Who Wasn't There.

but he fucking nails it very well, in a way that you can relate to him no matter how fucked up his actions are

He's typecast. There's worse things when you're an actor. Joe Pesci was typecast to hell and back, and everyone loves Joe Pesci.

I had a literal dream last night about episode 3

Something about a flashback to Lester in 2002 meeting up with the mom from Bate's Motel who is a main character in the new season. I think Mr Wrench was there too.

I don't remember what happened in the present but it involved some big crime in the first episode like season 1

Lester was a much better character than Malvo who was more of a force than a character.

Lester was also a better character than most of the cast of season 2.

t. someone that likes season 2 more than season 1

who do you think the returning character from season 1 is?

My money is on this guy, can't think of any reason why they'd have his and Malvo's final scene in season 1 if it doesn't go anywhere.

If anything, it will be the widow Hess with her idiot sons as muscle.

wait, is based Ewan McGregor in season 3?

Yep. He's playing twins.

>no more fat chubby Kirsten Dunst tits

Superior Fargofu

why not both

>blood-traitor coal burner that does literally nothing the whole season but complain and then die
>best fargofu

step aside

post yfw you find out the bad guy from s1 is the guy from bad santa

Will MEW make it through fargo?
has she ever died in a movie?

>he can't recognize someone like billy bob thornton at a glance

What will the supernatural element of it be tho?
S1 had a demon.
S2 had ayyy lmaos
Hopefully S3 will be ghosts

I'm thinking, Old Testament God. Either that, or a voodoo curse, ala Inside Llewyn Davis.

what was his fucking problem?

>stop stabbing the hostage, hon
>for Pete's sake, hon, it's just a UFO

Season 2 was 10/10 television.

>eight seasons planned out.

holy shit, TV will continue to have some good to it for the foreseeable future

So long as FX doesn't pull a Dexter and axe the showrunner.

Hanzie was probably the most sympathetic villain in the series.

He was also more of a bad ass than Malvo without being as cartoony

I hated that manlet prairie nigger. Season 2 was trash.
>le aliums and racism xD

gnomes

I didn't like how invincible he was, or how he eased through all of his ventures. Malvo had the excuse of being the devil, Hanzie was just some guy.

an angel in Hudsucker Proxy, plus a literal magical negro

well OBWAT is the Odyssey, so yeah, blind soothsayer, syrens, course the devil

I've seen all the Coen films many times, and you've just blown my mind. The devil really does show up in a bunch of their movies, how did I never connect them. Raising Arizona, No Country, Barton Fink, Simple Man?

people were racist against indians in that setting though, reddit

Barton Fink's incarnation is probably my favorite incarnation. Scariest I've ever seen John Goodman.

>yfw Fargo is a real place

And if you haven't heard, Trainspotting 2 is coming in 2017

>has she ever died in a movie?

I already know, but every time I think of it is pic related.

I am so excited for season 3.

>Do it, it gets better

It actually does. The first few episodes are a bit of a slog, I'll admit. But it gets more interesting once more people start getting killed.

Also, Hanzee (the native american guy) is basically the Lorne Malvo of season 2.

The only reason he agreed to do the show in the first place was because he only had to do one season.

Same here, not gonna bother with s2 again though

Lovecraft style. Mew goes cosmic.

You're telling me you haven't seen final destination 3? I thought that was everyone's first mew film before realizing later in life that in fact sky high was.