Just watched TFA plinkett

Just watched TFA plinkett

>I literally invented the foul-mouthed character reviewing shitty nostalgic media through in-depth analysis with intermittent skits and tangients

>everyone else is copying me

>I invented this style of web series and everything similar to it is derivitive of my videos

Mike is a hack fraud

Cool story bro

literally who

I used to love James but if I saw him today I'd honestly try to kill him just to put him out of his misery. He's like an old sick dog that you can't stand to see hurt any longer.

He hates being the nerd but that's all he's got and he has to keep playing the character to maintain a living. His movie, the one chance of him following his dream of being a real film maker, was a completely embarrassing disaster. He has a broken baby, his bitch wife walks all over him and the fact she's cuckolding him is all but confirmed. He's balding.

I think he'd kill himself if not for the baby, but with his wife's reputation I doubt it's even his in the first place. I'd just tell him I'm sorry and put a bullet in the back of his head.

James Rolfe aka The Angry Video Game Nerd. He basically invented the style of video game/movie reviews we see all over Youtube now, like Plinkett, Jontron, Your Movie Sucks, etc.

I'm sorry, but this needs to be said.

RLM are the living embodiment of the smug, detached Gen-X ethos.

I'd venture to guess none of them has felt a single sincere conviction about anything since childhood. They exist as polyps upon the colon of culture, satiating themselves on the perceived failures of others (i.e. "The Man") while adding nothing new to the discourse aside from ironic complaint.

They're a group of insecure, lost, rapidly aging burnouts who silently believe they could do a better job of making films than the professionals in the industry. Yet they lack the ambition and ability to actually enter the very industry they're obsessed with. They choose instead to fuck around and make student film piss-takes well into middle age.

They are awful, awful people. I've met thousands just like them, and the last thing we need is for these people to gain any attention for their navel gazing.

Please, Cred Forums, do not aspire to become anything like these people. Theirs is a lonely road leading to depression and a life devoid of real purpose.

I hope they disappear and their disaffected followers stop subsidizing their lifestyle. Perhaps that would force them to do something productive with themselves.

No way is that diversity part real

His wife got top producer billing on the movie.

Is that his wife?

This part didn't even make any sense. There was no buildup to it, the movie spent half its time building chemistry between the two leads and the sidekick that does nothing throughout the film except be annoying gets the girl?

All that means is her dad took out a HELOC on his house and gave it to his son-in-law what makes the youtubes.

>only one person is allowed to talk shit on classic media on youtube

>His dream of being a real film maker was a disaster

This copy pasta isn't even trying

>original script was James and Guitar Guy
>revolved around being killed by a disgruntled LJN programmer portrayed by Bootsy
>James and Guitar Guy meet Death portrayed by Mike Matei
>James challenges Death to a battle of playing old shitty games
>in the end James wins and Death reveals they've been dead for years stuck in purgatory the entire time with only retro games to keep them occupied
>Death only allows one of them to leave while the other must wait another thousand years before being judged
>James lets Guitar Guy go and will continue doing his reviews
>Guitar Guy knocks James out and stays in James' place
>James' soul moves on and camera fades out on Guitar Guy who is picking up an NES controller now all alone

Is that real cause that's exactly the type of movie I hoped it would be when he first announced it

that would have been epic
instead we got fucking memes

BIMMY AND JIMMY?

they are overly sarcastic and weaponized autism grade satirical, yes, we agree.
but some of their observations are grounded in more than just smug noise.
The science man ghostbusters analysis is a decent example.

I think they're overrated for sure, but I wouldn't outright call them frauds or hacks. They know what they're doing, they know their audience, and they know how to work subtext when they actually try.

Yes that was literally what it was meant to be from the start.

>weaponized autism grade satirical
These words are meaningless. You mean parody.

>people trying to assess the success of James by his big budget movie

You fucking fools, his kino is Board James. Anyone who thinks the Nerd is his only thing is retarded.

God fucking damn it I can't believe he didn't do that.

Ya know, It's a lot like Veggietales when they ditched the "kitchen counter variety show" format they were known for, and instead made the Jonah movie a big "epic" and sandwiched the main story between a weird sideplot about the same characters in the modern day trying to get to a fucking concert.

Remember when the muppets movie came out? Remember how awesome that was? It's because they just gave us more of what we liked from the show. Just do what works, for fuck's sake.

I mean, think about it. The show is about wacky puppets trying to put on a variety show, so they made the movie about wacky puppets trying to make a movie.

Veggietales was about wacky vegetables trying to put on a variety show, so make the movie about wacky vegetables trying to make a movie!

And AVGN is a documentary type show about a wacky character reviewing shitty games, being nostalgic, and encountering/fighting characters from those games. SO MAKE THE GODDAMN MOVIE ABOUT A WACKY CHARACTER REVIEWING SHITTY GAMES, BEING NOSTALGIC, AND BEATING THE SHIT OUT OF FUCKING CHARACTERS FROM THE FUCKING GAMES! NOT THIS SOCIAL JUSTICE COCK-A-DOOKY MOTHERFUCKING SHITLOAD OF FUCK

WHAT WERE THEY THINKING????

read the last part in his voice
good job user

Is it true bros?

I haven't been to Cred Forums in like 2 years and that's some poor pasta.