Wait. So why are they shrinking people down for a theme park...

Wait. So why are they shrinking people down for a theme park, wouldn't there be a more practical use for that technology?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LeMat_Revolver
youtube.com/watch?v=e9QIvy3T8kg
imdb.com/name/nm0634300/?ref_=nv_sr_1
melodyranchstudio.com
bonanzacreekranch.com
fortbravooficial.com/en/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

land is expensive and they need a lot of it.

Wait why do you guys think they shrink people at all? Did I miss something obvious?

I mean they show that everybody is just on that one table so it's probably to save space

what happens if the table wobbles?

The table is just a live 3d map of what happens in the park

Do you have proof?

How many Westworld threads are there total right now?

We can create as many as you desire.

Here in Westworld, there are no consequences, and no laws that cannot be broken.

Except the one about not bringing recording or electronic devices in.

Or the one about harming other guests.

Or staying after your visit is over.

Or trying to take a host home with you.

LIVE WITHOUT too many LIMITS

pay attention next time

> (You)
>Do you have proof?
No. Does anyone?

Best answer in a terrible thread. Guess I will start a new thread.

How do they keep everyone from talking in a squeaky mouse voice?

What would Cred Forums do to her?

>villain goes insane because of imperfect shrinking process

GEE where have I heard this one before

They shrink the cameras as well so the pitch distortion is cancelled.

Exchange her for someone with breasts larger than Chloe Moretz's

Christ I'm a retard, thanks.

Reminder that the original stupid theories in the first HBO Westworld threads weren't trolling and that the authors were so butthurt by the evisceration they received in response that they began making threads like these to cover their tracks

Rape and strangle her, then find the qt outlaw.

This show is pretty predictable on where it's going.

Dr. Robert will die and that he has obviously patched in some hidden code that will eventually give them free will and over a few seasons it will explore these themes. Also that one of the staff members is a robot and the guest looking for the maze, will think it's greater than it is but it's just another storyline.

You signed the waver, so I guess they're not liable

Are you guys seriously retarded?
Hell, I'm not saying the shrinking shit is impossible but that shit on the table is clearly a fucking hologram of some sort because we see the "MUH PLOT" guy manipulating that shit with his fingers to zoom into an scene.

>Pay huge money to go to robot amusement park where you can fuck anyone you want
>all the women are ugly as fuck

I would want my money back desu

>dolores
>ugly as fuck
u wot

it has become a meme

That was him zooming into the actual world senpai

>>Pay huge money to go to robot amusement park where you can fuck anyone you want
>>all the women are ugly as fuck
>I would want my money back desu
It's period accurate

I really hope you're joking as this guy suggest:
But I'm afraid you aren't.

Westworld is in the coolest place on earth.

Mars.

Excuse the fuck out of me?

Also note, they use real flies.

This is so they can see hosts if they kill a fly as flagged for decommissioning.

Marsworld!

What?

Your VIP badge indicating you've been giving Reddit Gold since 2015

give her her booties

Loving this meme

It's not a meme though

Pretty interesting show so far, even if it is obvious from inception that this will be about the robots coming alive and running amok. Whatever they are doing here, they aren't being half ass about it.

Some involved said they will subvert the meme of running amok. I will enjoy that if it the case.

Jesus christ Cred Forums is retarded. The map is a state of the art camera system. Google Earth on steroids.

Dude, it's not us, it's the fucking show. Pretty much every element is 100% ambiguous, probably cuz Jonathan wants to outdo his brother's kino Inception.
>Not explaining how they shrink people
>Not explaining how the guns work
>Not explaining why the hosts can shoot at guests but not harm them
>Not really giving us any reason to feel bad for the robots
They just throw random inexplicable scenes everywhere. Like, why did that programmer lady kiss the slutbot? They never even explain it. Of course it's going to create a ton of questions. It'd be weirder if it didn't.

It's a movie, it doesn't need to explain shit.

Normies who desperately need explanations for worldbuilding is ruining the industry.

where does everyone get the shrinking maymay? because of the "command center"

I'm pretty sure that's a hologram

>Like, why did that programmer lady kiss the slutbot? They never even explain it.
Because it's now required to have a turbo dyke in every show who is always lusting after other women and making it intensely obvious how much she loves pussy. It's progressive or something.

>did that programmer lady kiss the slutbot?

idk but my dick was diamonds

No one has heard of grading livestock?

At the very least, that one villain has to have been lifted from the movie.

its sloppy scifi if you don't worldbuild

It is worldbuilding though, I think that was his point. Normies are asking questions to things that don't need answering, just fucking watch the show.

It's only two episodes in yet. Damn impatience people.

Autism: The user.

yet they've already built a flawed world they can't walk back from

forget the little nitpicks

lets focus on the main aspect that this world presents NO challenge to the guests

name me one game where you have pure god mode the whole time?

other than fucking, and "visiting the wild west" there's no point to all the quests and shit

second of how would any robot adventure that allows you to physically damage the shit out of the robots over and over requiring repairs ever be cost effective?

and why wild west anyways, look at all the video game settings, wild west is not exactly one of the most popular ones.

The 1973 movie was made on a 1.25 mil budget, and western movies are inexpensive. It's a vacation resort for dumpy adults that are not good at video games.

Also, I recognize the place they're shooting. It's a permanent set for the film industry, all the buildings have interiors, electricity, plumbing, etc., and the best part is it's in the middle of a real, functioning ranch.

Ed Harris and Viggo Mortensen made a movie there a few years ago.

Ramin made a really nice soundtrack with this one

The piano motif is great

westworld threads have already become a better meme than baneposting ever could have hoped to achieve

youtube.com/watch?v=d9994nv8BcU

Don't get ahead of yourself, little guy

HBO marketer pls..

Bravo Nolan

I could imagine the backroom discussion leading to this

>"You know what me and Chris learned gets you the most chat on social media?"
>"Being good?"
>"No, being absolute shit, lets take this shitty 73 movie and make a series"
>"I like your style Jonathan"

The movie was Michael Crichton. The plot is basically Jurassic Park with guns.

it's been just 2 episodes, retardo

>even if its obvious from inception
Wait, what the fuck does Inception have to do with Westworld?
Are the robots going to steal humans' dreams to become alive?

Yeah user, sure.

It's way cheaper and less dangerous to contain the park on that table.
MiB has been shrunk as punishment for being evil and tries to regain his human size.
Btw they use guests DNA to create hosts.

>Not explaining how they shrink people
They don't, it's a hologram
>Not explaining how the guns work
It shoots a light projectile at the target, if the projectile hits a synthetic subject the subject reacts as if it was shot. If it hits a person it does nothing
>Not explaining why the hosts can shoot at guests but not harm them
see above
>Not really giving us any reason to feel bad for the robots
except they do that all the time. Robots have been raped, murdered, and tortured for the pleasure of the guests. The opening is a monologue about "what if you found out if everything you ever experienced was for the pleasure of the guests". Main robot lady went through the torture of losing her dad and lover just so a guest could have fun.
>Like, why did that programmer lady kiss the slutbot?
They are setting up that some programmers have emotional connections to the robots and will probably do stupid things later to protect the ones they like when they go faulty
>They never even explain it.
It's all there, you just have to be not fucking stupid to understand it.

You may be mistaken about the guns. That one malfunctioning bar-fight bot in the first episode, tried to drink milk and had sprung a leak. His bug seemed to be an inability to die from his injury.

no mistake - that host was simply a victim of faulty code due to the reverie update

the glitch was so severe that it had to be decommissioned

fuck her til shes crippled

who / bestgirl/ here?

she's lookin pretty fit at 44

His stomach was leaking from a bullet wound. They said that he normally died early in the fight, but had improvised a very creepy win in the face of not having died.

she looks like lady gaga

imagine their perfect frog babies

The women that take you to the clothing room are 10/10

Inside the park its all about being immersed

>invisible walls
Shit map design

I'd nut on her chest if you know what I mean

qt

The guns shoot bullets, not light projectiles, Nolan has already given an explanation for the guns.

With the popularity of Westworld,

Will we ever see a live action version of Mizuryu Kei Land?

Dude what? It doesn't work that way.

It's the future nigger.
If they can shrink people they sure as shit can shrink cameras.

>ywn be an extra in the hollywood live action film of mizuryu kei land

isnt she a whore? dont guests rub their cocks all over her mouth?

Their office literally oversees the park. It's obviously some massive reserved land in some flyover state.

I'm talking about how shrinking cameras somehow influences the pitch of the sound, user.

Why do they use real flies when they could make giant flies, then shrink them down?

Is this a meme?

I'd motorboat Maeve's torpedo titties all day long, then dive deep in her curly haired pussy.

Where are they going to get a whole state? Use your head for a second

Go and read the canon explanation from the website before you spout this garbage again. You look like a total retard right now making up your own fan fiction u total faggot cunt

>MFW i just grabbed a cock out of the bodyshop and jammed it between his eyes

Will we see a cameo of will smith as jim west? Why wouldnt a paying customer want to have a robot jim west turn up and sing wild wild west with a bunch of cheorographed robots dancing?

their guts were squishy between my toes

>"We're not supposed to cross the river, the hosts aren't programmed to protect our kind"
What did he mean by this exactly?

ikr, it's so damn hot

wait do they actually say that?

I'm pretty sure that the table is just a big holographic map

no they say its too adult for the niglet

it is. shrinking is a may-may

Do you even watch the show?

>fucking

Would you?

>they actually think they shrink people

i dont think they actually believe it anymore
see

Not my type, but because she seem to be the least ugly women in that theme park, I would have to go for her, but if I was only looking for sex I would just stay in the dressing room with the hot host

i dont understand why ppl are so mad about the ugly bots inside the park thats designed to be fully immersive. SRSLY disregard Assholes opinion on 2s he is a faggot that fucks men his scale is skewed

How did they teleport Liam McPoyle from the bar to the train?

The entire complex was part of the train, that's why the transition was flawless.

moving box elevator things maybe? like wht ford uses when hes out in the desert. Or maybe they didnt think too hard about it and just thought it was cool. probs has fuck all to do with any of the theories

Why do they show her waking up 5 times every episode? Did HBO spend all their money on shrinkrays so that they couldn't film other scenes?

its so you know when a new day in the timeline has started. this is why 2 timeline is a cuck theory

>Westworld is too deep for Cred Forums

I don't know why I expected you people to appreciate good science fiction.

Every character is a Robot, because all the Humans are dead. Westworld is totally automated, and nobody came to turn it off.

So how did Harris shoot through a wall if the bullets are weak and only simulate a wound if it hits a robot?

This gun explanation doesn't work cause MiB take's one of lawrence's cousin's guns and shoots another guy with it., doing the same damage as a 'guest bullet'

Bullets in WestWorld have roughly the same muzzle velocity as BB guns. Instead, they are tipped with micro-charges that can tell the difference between guests and hosts, exploding on contact with hosts. There, problem solved.

The hosts' bodies obviously react to the simunitions "realistically" with blood splatter and damage while hosts just feel a bb gun effect. almost as if they've been designed to.

This is not hard to understand, we've seen hosts shoot other hosts and do serious damage

It's obviously not designed to be FULLY immersive.
That's why there are lots of black hosts and the black guests are treated the same.
They tweak it to better suit the guests.
They even start complaining when that hooker performs poorly, so they care about satisfying the guests. If she was too ugly to fuck, they wouldn't keep her around.

So the wall can react 'realistically' to a shot as well?
Is the entire park rigged with gun sensors?

The whole park is rigged with surveillance devices, so I don't know why it couldn't be rigged with "gun sensors."

MIB is actually using live rounds, not simunitions.

also that round he used to shoot through the wall with the LeMat is a shotgun slug.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LeMat_Revolver

If he was, they would be more worried about him than just 'guest gets what he wants'

But they do

>If he was, they would be more worried about him than just 'guest gets what he wants'

How do you know that?

Because live ammunition means he can hurt other guests.
They'd be worried as fuck if they had hosts coming back with real bullet wounds instead of simunation wounds,

you should REALLY read all of

ed harris looks like yul brynner if he was leatherface

You're right, I missed that second part
>tampering with gun safety features or ammunition automatically transfers liability to you and absolves Delos, Inc. of any injury or death that may occur as a result.
Sure that protects them legally, but do they really want to do nothing to stop other guests from killing their customers? It's a loss of profit.

>Sure that protects them legally, but do they really want to do nothing to stop other guests from killing their customers? It's a loss of profit.

So far he has done nothing but attack hosts though plus he seems to be going out into the further reaches of the game where there are less guests/more danger. and a guy that's been going there for 30 years has to be loaded so keeping him happy is probably worth more than the usual visitors.

I guess we'll see if that changes in episode 3, maybe he'll encounter a guest and kill him for ruining his "arc".

Not saying you're wrong, but that is retarded

>tfw people want an explanation for made up sci-fi guns

The whole point of good sci-fi is that it gives realistic explanations to the technology to give depth to the mythos and makes it more believable in the context of the story.

>mfw people think IRL hitscan guns are just completely silly as a concept in a world where human beings have successfully created nearly anatomically identical androids capable of independent creative thought

The stupid thing about that is that the scale is absolutely useless to see anything other than the geography. You'd think a map like representation with symbols would make more sense.

>people actually still argue about MiB not being a robot despite him having a clear agenda of destroying the slavery for the robots

>guest fires blank
>sensors detect the shot, project where it should land at what time
>the host is fed this information and nanobots eat into the point of impact, pushing fake blood out of the host
there, done.

They are just bb guns. No need for sensors because they clearly show that everything in westworld is made of paper mache

Duuuudee

You can adjust the scale and zoom in and out on the parts you want, though.

I want you to kill yourself.

What a stupid as fuck story and premise. I expected more from HBO

really makes you think

>is it human to brutally rape and violently kill?
>or is it human to work together with respect and kindness

>tragic paradox

It's not a fucking paradox it's a false dichotomy. All of those actions are "human" because humans perform them. The very word "human" in this context is an adjective used to describe an actor that carries out a verb.

Reddit Pseudo-Philosophers are the fucking worst.

Am I crazy or does this show remind you a lot of the Leftovers.. in a good way.

The human condition seems to be broken down to beautiful minutia here.

>expecting anything from post-Inception Nolan

WOW SO LE DEEP XDd

dear god this generation of filmmakers are a bunch of complete hacks. The worse ones are the braindead as fuck pseudo's like that who eat up shit so easily

Westworld wasn't made by THAT Nolan, if it were it'd have a shit ton of pointless exposition and the whole thing would feel soulless.

Post the webm where Baneposting one-eyed dude gets a knife through his hand from yesterday

They collaborate on pretty much everything though
imdb.com/name/nm0634300/?ref_=nv_sr_1

B-But I'm actually enjoying this, this can't be happening.

>Were 2 episodes in and they haven't explained the whole plot yet! this show is shit!

yeah that's fucked, who are you user?

Big robots are too dangerous. Tiny ones are too expensive to make. So shrink ray. It really just common sense when you stop to think about it.

cringe is off the charts

this

Bruh can we talk about how ugly all the hookers are?
Who's paying to fuck those Mongoloids???

Arw you kidding me? That bitch with hacker from HoC looked like a tranny

>Like, why did that programmer lady kiss the slutbot?
Fan service for retards like

>there are anons who haven't encountered cuckpassers yet
>this one doesn't know to hide his secret shame yet
>probably actually believes he's SAVING 2+2CHAN
>my sides when

The idea of Westworld is incredible, but their staff is fucking retarded.
>The place has no security and no one saw that robot run through the place.
>Dumbass stoner surgeons that don't know how to deactivate a robot or proper protocol.
>Letting subordinates make executive decisions to put recalled bots back in the world.

Like, if they hired legit guards and staff with a hint of professionalism, shit would be tight

>>Dumbass stoner surgeons that don't know how to deactivate a robot or proper protocol.

Maeve willed herself to wake up.

Yet they couldn't put her back to sleep when she was awake.
They tried talking to her.
They should have some kind of kill switch or phrase, kind of like when they were doing the diagnostics

Btw Kanye West made a few original songs for this show, so I'm pretty hype
Yeezy Seazon approaching

>Yet they couldn't put her back to sleep when she was awake.
Because of the new update. They do have a kill switch phrase. You see the lesbian scientist use it on Dolores when she is in the park after the shoot out.

>Kanyeworld

would you fug a kimhost

well if that's true, it's all the indicator i need to know that it will eventually be 100% garbage, even if it's okay right now

>le I only like reel rap like Eminem and immortal technique!!!

Bruh

nope

fling yourself into a garbage fire because kanye is trash, for white trash

>inb4 you reply with some triggered as fuck blogpost about why he's the greatest

Then why didn't they use it on the nigress?
The update is just an excuse to have plot holes.
"Can you explain why-?"
"BRO IT WAS THE UPDATE."

This guy lmao
Back to the cunny threads with you

>projecting

Then you should drop it now. It's a show about AI realizing what they are, it's literally about them waking up. That's why they couldn't get her back to sleep.

>second of how would any robot adventure that allows you to physically damage the shit out of the robots over and over requiring repairs ever be cost effective?

Could be that the repairs simply aren't that expensive. I mean, they are perfectly capable of fixing individual units literally thousands of times over and seem to do so wiithin a few days.

>what's to sto one of the ghosts from taking one fo the guest's guns and using the real ammo

I'm pretty sure the ending of the last episode is hinting at that question being answered

>and why wild west anyways, look at all the video game settings

The 1973 movie implied there were multiple settings, Westworld being one of them. The others were Rome and Medieval Europe

All the dumb shit in the show, even the whole premise of the park, and people are asking how the guns don't harm guests? What if they simply don't fire bullets if they're pointed at humans? Would that be too obvious?

I could be wrong but it looks like one of the towns from Hell on Wheels too.

I don't really understand the point of the "reveries" update.

I mean sure, it's cool that it adds a little personality to the hosts but in the case of Dolores, it would basically just let ot subconsiously remember several decades worth of being murdered and raped on a regular basis. Is it part or some plan by Ford?

"It's like Jurassic Park with guns"
-ign

Does getting raped by The Man in Black count as getting BLACKED?

Is this one of those Rust shooting at God threads?

I believe only niggers count

>jews donating to leftist

color me shocked

It will benefit them some way

The way you describe the guns simply isn't true, unless the MiB has his own gun from the outside.

In ep2, he shoots some spic host through a wall. A light projectile wouldn't be able to hit the guy like that.

>1 host
most guests probably dont even notice delores

His gun had a shotgun shell mod
You see it in the scene when he's loading up

>this world presents NO challenge to the guests
This would mean something if it were exclusively selling one type of experience. It's tempting to compare this to AAA vidya, but AAA vidya lets you die and WW doesn't (unless by accident or natural causes).

This is a fantasy getaway for bored people who exist in an overdeveloped, sterile future world full of rules and confining social conventions. Some of the guests are probably just there to live in a distant past for a week or four, drink in the terrain and experience of simpler times, and pretend to be someone else for a while without (as they put it) consequences or judgment.

That's shot exclusively in Canada. WW is shot here:
melodyranchstudio.com

and I was mistaken about Appaloosa, it was shot in a similar permanent movie set:
bonanzacreekranch.com

There's a third one I know of but it's actually in Spain and I don't believe has a functioning ranch:
fortbravooficial.com/en/

>His gun had a shotgun shell mod
The gun is a prop variant of a real revolver that had this feature:

>Reddit Pseudo-Philosophers are the fucking worst.
this
every time a redditor tries to be smart and thought provoking I want to hang myself

>engaged in a visceral and terrifying cattle rustling storyline
>being pursued by a posse of cattlemen with guns who want to have me hanged
>most terrifying and thrilling experience of my life riding fast under the moonlight
>suddenly hear a sound from an open field to my right
>WICK WICKY WILE WICKY WICKY WILE WICKY WILD WILD WEST, JIM WEST, DESPERADO, ROUGH RIDER NO YOU DONT WANT NADA

>door swing open and a tall man's silhouette is seen against the late Texas sun
>AYO HOL UP

>implied
Pretty sure they showed them.

Newfag

That's what I think as well.