Is this kino?

Is this kino?

>that nose

yikes

I thought the voice acting for the most part was atrocious. But I enjoyed the action. The story is pretty odd, but it's FF so it gets a pass I suppose.

I don't know. I'm going until a week or so before FFXV comes out to watch it and the anime.

I bought the bluray, and it came with an extended version of the anime. Could you give a brief overview of what it's about. I'm too lazy to find out elsewhere.

>implying you wouldn't

Really nicely rendered as well. The teleporting effects were neato.

I have never played a FF game or paid any attention to any of it.

Somebody explain the entire thing to me in one paragraph.

It was surprisingly decent, made me want to get a PS4 when the game comes out to play it
I thought the three leads were fine. But yeah, everyone else was pretty bad, especially that one guy, the friend or whoever that helped the girl escape, holy fuck he was awful

Magic and shit. Chaos ensue.

Top notch CGI, probably best in a movie to date.

VA is hit or miss

plot is typical FF nonsense

15 games in the main series. No real connection between them. Each story is different. Final Fantasy 15 is set in a modern world, but there are dragons and magic and etc. Basically there's a war beginning, and you are a prince trying to stop it.

They're all RPG?

It was just about as I expected: horrible. I'm not sure what people mean when they say this was "good." Do they mean this movie is good as far as promotional efforts as concerned, (in which having a feature film, no matter how shitty, is pretty ambitious), or do they have such awful taste that they think this actually makes a good movie?

Maybe the version I saw had too poor quality, but I wasn't nearly as impressed with it as I was with the quality of CGI Squenix has for their own main games. There were times when it did look photorealistic, but it was mostly a drab world. The fight scene at the end was one of the most incomprehensible clusterfucks I've ever seen in a movie.

I could talk about the plot and characters, but suffice to say, they were also terrible and on part with what I would expect from the Japanese.

I hope the movie was actually much cheaper to make than I would think because it clearly wouldn't recoup its investment otherwise, either in ticket/digital/physical copy sales, or how many more copies of the game it will sell, and it would explain why the script was so incredibly bad, meaning its quality matched the production values for the rest of the film.

They're j-rpgs with each installment taking place in a different world with different characters and a new story. Some basic mythology-based elements (such as monsters and magic spells) are shared between the entries, linking them together. Gameplay mechanics vary but they all have the same rpg structure

Yeah, Libertus. I don't understand how they let that voice stay. What's interesting, is the actor they modeled the character after is the voice actor as well, but that voice just feels so forced and out of place. Doesn't make much sense.

Not him, but yes, though this as an action game feel to it that has a mixed reaction.

I suggest if you're interested in the game, you wait until it's released and critics and players have reacted to it. Unless your money and time mean nothing to you.

Yes, more or less. Some more fast paced than others. First couple are slow, the current one is basically real time similar to Kingdom Hearts.

Yeah I saw that, odd that they based him off of his English VA. Did he do the voice in the Japanese too or something? Seems a little weird to do that

From what I've read, they really just wanted to make another game set in this universe, but to save money and time, they just made a movie. That may explain some of the faults of the writing.

Nope different VA in Japan. Maybe it was cheaper just to have him do his lines as he's shooting the mocap or something. Either way it should have been scrapped.

>they really just wanted to make another game set in this universe
That's interesting. Never heard that, but it works better for a movie, as people wouldn't want to spend so many hours with a side-story of a larger one, (though maybe it worked better for Enter the Matrix).

> That may explain some of the faults of the writing.
It's about on par with their other films, so that's not it. If they condensed FFXIII into a movie, the only Final Fantasy game I've played, I would have enjoyed that more.

You'd be surprised. Some folks like spending 20-30 hours on a side story (myself included). My main thought during watching Kingsglaive was " Man I really want to play this not watch it"

I feel like there is a lot of story with these games and even a three hour movie would have to leave out some critical details.

>Some folks like spending 20-30 hours on a side story (myself included).
No doubt, but it becomes a question of how many people want to play a game so closely connected with another game. These spinoffs usually do quite poorly compared to the main game. Enter the Matrix is different because it was a sidestory to an incredibly popular movie.

They probably thought that making a game would be too risky, but I wonder whether this story was worth telling at all. If Final Fantasy XV sucks, (which I'm suspecting it will), who would want to play a minor sidestory?

As I said before, unless making this is much cheaper than one would expect, it seems like a very bad idea, as it would be a horrible waste of money. What's the cheapest possible estimate? $20 million? $10 million? $5 million? They certainly won't recoup anything close to that in sales and how many more games could they possibly sell because of this movie?

bump