Shin Godzilla theater experiences

>Go over 70 miles to a different State to see Shin Godzilla
>Connecticut
>Everyone blabbing during the trailers like I'm at some sort of party
>First 20-30 minutes of the film everyone is heavy sighing and groaning around me because they didn't expect subtitles
>Everyone keeps laughing at serious and tense scenes, loudly at that
>Godzilla getting bombarded by JSDF fire power, some retard to my back right HA HA HA HA HAAA ing
>Fucking city destruction scene and retards are laughing at the CGI
>FOR SOME REASON PEOPLE LAUGHING AT JAPANESE POLITICS AND JAPAN-US INTERACTION SCENES
>LAUGHING DURING THE CLIMAX OF THE FILM
SHUUUUT UUUUUUUUUUUUUP

I loved the film though.

the adults at my screening were mostly quiet. there were a lot of little kids there though who were obviously very bored and talking.

i don't really blame the parents though, literally any other godzilla movie is fine to bring your kids to.

The film is very funny at moments, though. Especially the boardroom/politics scenes.

Also
>living 70 miles from a fucking cinema
Why do Americans do this?

>living 70 miles from a fucking cinema

Do the words limited release mean anything to you?

>Baby G's tail exits water
>HAHAHAHAHAHA
>Baby G topples a building with a family inside
>HAHAHAHAHAHA
>G is getting blasted by the military
>HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA
>Scenes talking about US approval with no jokes
>HAHAHA
>Scenes with Americans speaking in English
>HAHAHA
>Scene where they use trains to attack Godzilla during the climax
>HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

And it's more like 70 miles from a theater showing Godzilla Resurgence on a day I can go during it's limited release.

Honestly the kid behind me was the only tolerable person in that theater.
I heard his parents translating bits for him by whispering in his ear and he was upset and distraught that Godzilla died at the end. Other than that, no noise out of him.

Why live so far from a decent cinema then?

If you lived in a normal sized city, you'd be able to see this film easily.

Some of those were genuinely funny though. Baby Godzilla, and the train attack, as much as I enjoyed them, looked pretty retarded. And the Americans had a pretty stilted way of speaking. It was probably the direction.

I'm sure I laughed more than the filmmakers intended. Still loved it though.

Dude I'm so, so sorry.

I would have started actually screaming. Really says a lot about "us", doesn't it?

>Everyone keeps laughing at serious and tense scenes, loudly at that

Christ this happened to me too and it also happened when I saw the Legendary Godzilla movie. What the fuck is it with Godzilla that attracts people who feel the need to laugh at everything?

Her English was terrible desu, and t felt unnecessary, but maybe Jap audiences liked it I dunno.

>Wore kickass Eva t shirt to showing
>got zero complements

REEEEEEEEEE

>Her English
They were laughing at the Americans bombing Godzilla during the WHO WILL KNOW SOMETHING OF ME bit
All they did was talk about revenge.

Normies don't know what to expect from a Gozilla movie. When I saw Legendary my friends all started laughing when Godzilla used his atomic breath because they didn't know that was a thing.

My experience couldn't have been more night-and-day from yours. I was in a great theater, and had a great crowd. I actually ended up liking my experience more than the movie itself.

>Go to Alamo Drafthouse to see it
>Before the movie started, the theater put together a reel of old Godzilla trailers, toy commercials, cameos, parodies, etc to keep us entertained
>There was a funny custom "Please turn off your cell phone" bit where Godzilla is ripping Hedorah apart, and text popped up saying "This monster was on his cell phone. Godzilla will rip your guts out if you are disruptive during the movie."
>Laughter where it was appropriate during the movie
>People got hyped when he was firin' his laser
>No one applauded at any point
>Got a hard cider and some loaded fries

That was one of the best theater experiences that I've ever had.

and then i woke up am i right

hah i wish I was you no really

I took my falcon with me (pic related) and the cinema did not even have a modern aviary. It was some archaic 1980s shit. The crab legs were average and the staff gave me the rudest look when I dumped my plate on the floor. The film was okay, but not worth the walk to the trash can. Needless to say I did not give them a proper tip after that.

>tipping the cinema falconer and crab leg shucker
Americans everybody

>tfw Godzilla appears

People live in different places, what a world huh? Fucking retard.

Did godzilla die at the end? they seemed to imply that he was still alive and that the whole ordeal involving him isn't finished yet

It's left intentionally ambiguous. Godzilla is frozen, and if he is reanimated, the other world governments are going to nuke what's left of Tokyo.

This is at a theatre in Australia. And in Australia we get assigned seating, unless we choose where we want to sit by booking the ticket online.

>theatre is almost empty
>ten people there at most
>find a nice spot at the very back and in the middle
>fat neckbeard walks right up to the seat next to mind instead of sitting in any of the empty seats in the entire row
>I can smell his sweat
>slurping on his frozen coke throughout the movie

That fucking cocksucker. I'm going back on Saturday for another viewing, hopefully this time with even less people in the theater.

>Watching movies in cinemas
>2016
Why?

I suspect the english lines were delivered like that for the benefit of an audience that doesn't speak the language at all, it seemed like they were overacted and enunciated in that way and didn't quite sound like regular bad acting.

>normies laughing whenever something they can't immediately digest happens in a film

there were a lot of scenes that were supposed to be funny senpai

Alamo Drafthouse
>go by myself
>preselected seats, fuck that shit
>it's a mix of normies and autists
>full house, still managed not to be within arms length of anyone
>order some popcorn and water
>everyone shut the fuck up until the credits
>everyone claps and leaves

>>Got a hard cider and some loaded fries

I really gotta get something other than popcorn at Alamo

>People like this are breathing from your oxygen right now

>Tech screening at the theater I work at
>Before the movie a coworker complains that he's too damn tired to read the subtitles
>another coworker jokes "Actually they're gonna be talking it out more in this one"
>movie starts
>it's almost 100% talking and text on screen
Lel

It was pretty good, Babyzilla and "There's no way this creature could end up on land" fucking killed me.

Also
>mfw his fucking tail at the end with the bodies coming out of it

This scene was great. I think that dude's realizing that Gojira was, in fact, radioactive right? Freaking out like "HOLY SHIT DUDE YOU GOTTA CHECK THIS SHIT OUT"

Fuckin' Alamo Drafthouse man. Unfortunately the only time I've been to one was when I saw The Hobbit Pt.1 but I was really impressed by their service.

Worked at a similar place called Flix Brewhouse (microbrewery/theater, so you have the pretentious beerfags as well as movie lovers) but it's just not the same y'know?

Or its because a 70ft tall lizard shooting fire breath is an inherently silly thing to see in a movie.

it was pretty good but there was this autistic guy in the front row talking about king kong for the entire movie up to the end of the baby godzilla sequence. they had to get someone from staff to tell him to stfu

also what the fuck was up with that last shot