How do we convince disney to give him the standalone obiwan movie?

how do we convince disney to give him the standalone obiwan movie?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Wars_canon#Canon_works
youtube.com/watch?v=RDfySDiGeh8
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I thought almost everyone agreed he's one of the best parts of the prequels?

Who is she?

He's the only good part

by not giving them money to let jews movies?

Ep. III Obi-Wan was GOAT.
I'd pay good money for a live-action clone wars flick starring based general Kenobi.

He's not a female or minority, he'll never get to be the star of a modern Star Wars movie.

I think it'll happen.
People keep asking him about it and fans online keep talking about it.
It's only a matter of time before someone writes a decent enough story for people to get in on it.

Uber pleb.

>muh ps2
I can hear it now.
Memes are all you have.

What could it even be about? He ends episode III as guy living alone in the desert and he starts episode IV as an old guy living alone in the desert.

Old canon had him getting laid or some shit to a black chick. Maybe Disney can spin that into new canon.

>getting laid or some shit to a black chick
Wasn't that Han Solo?

Han Solo is the race mixer, not based Ben.

Well shit nevermind then. I guess even in old canon he did fuck all.

>K E Y N O T E

Lucas having to threaten Ewan so he would stop making lightsaber noises during scenes, that shit is great.

What would be the point though? The only parts of his life that are worth telling that haven't been covered are the periods before TPM and between TPM and AoTC. And he looks too old to pull off those parts of Obi-wan's life now.

No way, it's implied he was watching over Luke from a distance but that doesn't mean he has to stay on Tattooine 24/7.
I know the "legacy" books/stories/comics aren't canon now but they do pick and choose the parts they like from them. Thrawn in that whatever cartoon show would be an example of that.
I'm not an expert on all of it because most of it is hot garbage, but I know there were quite a few comics at least of Obi-Wan adventures set between ep3 and ep4 - the one I'm recalling off the top of my head was a fight between him and Darth Maul (with robot legs, which i believe was before they did the same thing in the other cartoon I didn't watch).
either way, he was the best part of the prequels and everyone likes him, Ewan is down for it.

name 2 star wars movies that didn't have a white male lead

Force Awakens
Rogue One

i don't. he sucked. really hoping they don't bring him back

>he sucked
bad opinion

>it's implied he was watching over Luke from a distance but that doesn't mean he has to stay on Tattooine 24/7.

Actually, it does. There are canon stories that deal with this very issue. He stayed on Tatooine the whole fucking time and had to deal with changing from a life of journeying through the stars to wasting away and dealing with monotony on a dry hot rock ensuring to keep a kid safe from harm.

It got to such and extent that he became rusty in using the force because he didn't want to use it in case Vader sensed his presence.

Yes, he never left Tatooine until the events of ANH. he sat there and rotted for twenty years.

>cgi made 14 years ago doesn't look as good as cgi made today
WOAH who would have known...

The problem with reintroducing Maul into the movies is having to explain it to the normies. I doubt they'll be able to accept such a thing

Which canon stories? I was under the impression that most stories, except for the ones they are specifically counting as "canon" now, fall under the "star wars legends" thing and don't count.
That doesn't mean they can't take elements or characters from them and use them in the new canon, but still.
I don't see any canon story that says he's on the planet the entire time, it's not a huge list of stories now. I could be wrong.
The list I'm looking at is here, down the page:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Wars_canon#Canon_works

It's already being made pham. Comes out sometime in December.

nono, i wasn't saying they should introduce Maul. Tho I guess him coming back is considered "canon" now due to him being in the newer cartoon shit.
I was just using it as an example of them picking and choosing select parts of the older shit and bringing it over to their new post disney "official" canon. I don't think they'd bring Maul into the movies either.

You could easily make a fanedit of this into a Star Wars film

>Canon
>BBY/ABY
Goddamn Wikipedia doesn't have a clue how to work their star wars pages.

>And he looks too old to pull off those parts of Obi-wan's life now.

Thats actually a good thing the closer he looks to alec guinness the better. It doesnt have to take place right after revenge of the sith. They can jump 5-10 years into watching over luke to make up the age difference.

>He ends episode III as guy living alone in the desert

It'd be a perfect way to make a Western style Star Wars movie. Disney can just copy the Man with No Name formula and just slap Obi Wan in Eastwood's place.

Who wouldn't want to see Obi Wan saving a few towns from some ruthless gangsters while trying to keep a low profile?

>white male main character

I dont think so cislords

>cislords

Even non-normies think Maul's return is fan fiction quality

give him a Netflix series

>Which canon stories?

From the Journals of Old Ben Kenobi. Part of the main Star Wars comic series.
Doesn't really say that he never left, but it shows incentive to the great likelihood that he my have never left.

>I was under the impression that most stories, except for the ones they are specifically counting as "canon" now, fall under the "star wars legends" thing and don't count

Everything being made now since 2013, except for TOR and and the lego cartoons, is canon.

>That doesn't mean they can't take elements or characters from them and use them in the new canon

That's literally what the new canon has been doing since The Clone Wars cartoon.

I would watch the shit out of this, you're a genius user

We need to convince them that Obi Wan has the advantage over other characters for a standalone movie. A high ground of sorts.

>"You fought in the clone wars?"
*it ain't me starts playing*

It depends how Rogue One & Han Solo movie do

I'd see it working as a movie where Jabba the Hutt finds out he's on Tattooine and making him his errand boy in order to keep quiet to the Empire.

Is this from the movies or the cartoon?

>cis lords
>all stereotypes of non whites

meme

This has been available on DVD for at least a month already.

there already exists a tatooine sequel

>Doesn't put that shit into orbit

A Kenobi western, Magnificent 7 style protecting young Luke from the shadows.

I'm mailing Lucasfilm my Kurosawean script next week

'Sucked' is too strong. 'Not as good as he could have been' is better. I hated him in ep1 but there was a lot to like about him in ep2/3. He was stilted by trying to act in shitty movies with an autistic director in a big green room. A trilogy might be too much but I'd like to see him in one strong movie. Ewan obviously loves the character and deserves another run.

Would watch a romantic drama about obiwan and that madalorian queen/princess/empress that makes him question his life as a space monk

I'll only care about an Obi Wan movie if it involves him doing cute things with shota Luke.