This shit was fucking great. Fuck people who get hung up on the all color-cast

This shit was fucking great. Fuck people who get hung up on the all color-cast.

>Entire shows point is actual good honest black people calling niggers out for being niggers ruining their own neighborhood
>Faithful to source material while updating it in a good way
>Outstanding soundtrack
>All star cast, albeit mostly black, daimondback's casting choice felt nearly perfect, like they would've chosen sam jackson 20 years earlier.
>Last episode's big action scene is a friday-esque straight up fist fight, with the neighborhood cheering them on
>Sets up a second season extremely well

Shit was 8/10 at the very least. Got me hyped for iron knight of roses even though i can not under stand the casting.

Let's get an actual discussion of this instead of resorting to the racist shit right away.

Other urls found in this thread:

benjerry.com/whats-new/systemic-racism-is-real
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

so no, we can't get an actual discussion going on. gotcha.

Show is bad.

>only villains are black
>white officers from the NYPD not the main villain
>Luke Cage only deals with black on black crime, not hate crimes, oppressive whites or the corrupt police (infact he SAVES a known corrupt white officer)
>focuses on stupid shit like "where the fathers at??" and lack of father figures instead of racial discrimination and oppression.
>ending is dumb comic shit for nerds, two super powered people punching, yawn

It was good but it drops the ball hard around episode 7. I struggled to keep watching.

>a show that isn't about hating whitey
>2016
what were they thinking?

jesus fucking christ, this show knows more about how the world works than this cucked generation

>hurr he should be fighting white people because they're the real racists and villains!
the show had actual racism in it. it's just a bit more abstract then just blacks and whites. anyone who's actually experienced it would know this.

>ending is dumb comic shit for nerds, two super powered people punching, yawn
the entire thing is dumb comic shit for nerds. same with daredevil. same with jessica jones.

gotta be bait.

>All star cast, albeit mostly black, daimondback's casting choice felt nearly perfect
diamond back was complete garbage in every single way
not even a 'so-bad-it's-good' campy sort of way.

his relationship to luke was just so contrived and lame.
cottenmouth was way more interesting.

Top kek

I like bait

everything here is bait

cornell was more interesting because the actor made the character. in the actual comic book he's the lamest fucking shit, some guy with snake eyes and teeth who wasn't even that important.

desu

The fact that the show didn't have some evil white man pulling the strings, that it didn't have evil white cops brutalizing black people, and that the black killers and criminals were depicted as having agency and bearing full responsibility for their own actions is the main reason I was able to enjoy it. It showed black dysfunction causing pain to black people, and the hero of the show was a total square who loved American ideals, hated the word nigga, and had no respect for "hustle" culture.

I didn't care for Diamondback or Cottonmouth, but I liked Mariah's arc because it was funny to watch how deep in denial she was. She kept thinking she was the upstanding civil servant trying to do right by Harlem in a way her family had never done, but little by little she realized she was always exactly what she thought she had become better than.

I can tell it's good because you had to write an essay explaining to strangers why you're preferences are correct.

That's not something insecure losers who require taste validation would ever do.

The writing was all over the place. Usually having different writers for each episode works but it was way too obvious here.

Characters kept repeating arcs, like luke cage deciding to accept who he is about five times. The pacing was completely shot, which is why the programme ended up tailing off during the end. Though to be fair, the music and feel of it was great.

you post like cancer
>shit was fucking great
>hung up
>shit was
>hyped
>let's...

All the white people on the show were evil though, so at least it got that right.

Yeah, the show was entertaining, but it was trying too hard to push respectability politics as a solution to systemic racism.

>iron knight of roses

Is this referring to iron fist?

I actually thought the pacing was good. The show didn't have the same high points that DD and JJ did, but it was a more consistent overall experience.

I didn't have a problem with Cottonmouth dying, I thought it was a pretty great death from an unexpected source. Diamondback was constantly hyped up as an uber-gangster throughout the first part of the show and when he finally arrived he was suitably evil. In fact he was one of the most believably evil characters I've seen on TV recently, pretty good performance from whatshisname.

SYSTEMIC RACISM

>i watch animu and know everything about kino

as a tv series, BLACKED.com is better and each season gets better and better

THIS

how is ur wifes son?

I didn't like how the over-arching drama began because a couple of expendable side-characters behaved stupidly.

If those kids hadn't robbed Cottonmouth, and if Cottonmouth's goon hadn't decided to kill the surviving kid (and accidentally Pop) on his own, there'd be literally nothing. I would've preferred something more direct from Cottonmouth or Diamondback as the inciting incident.

benjerry.com/whats-new/systemic-racism-is-real

>it didn't have evil white cops brutalizing black people

They weren't evil necessarily, but they did have cops brutalizing black kids which is what they do and white people seem to miss when reviewing the series.

The series is a more balanced look at things rather than making one side look like the bad guy that a lot of white-centric films tend to do.

Diamondback was the weakest part of Luke Cage, he wasn't all bad but the show had a quality drop after Cottonmouth died and this meme character appeared.

Shades was cute as fuck. no homo.

That graph doesn't explain anything about systemic racism. You are making a false equivalency there. Also, hate crimes committed by whites have gone not just against blacks, but against lots of other racial groups as well so that shit is super out of date.

8/10.
I found myself comparing it to Daredevil constantly... the fight scenes weren't as good but overall it was an awesome season 1, the music was always on point.
I thought shades seemed like a bit of a faggot though.

I know, OP. Everything just worked. I think this is probably the first MCU show (film or tv) that has something meaningful to say about the world around us, plus it doesn't fall in the sjw/hollywood liberal of, say, casting a Trump-like villain du jour.

those faggots are always pandering to what the jews want though

Eh it got really boring when they killed Cottonmouth. Stryker was shit.
The actress playing Misty is horrible. HORRIBLE! She can't act for shit and had way too much screen time.

Sorry, he's into GILFS

ok. more waifu for me then

Don't get me wrong, she is cute but she can't act for shit. She was always smiling, even when she was crying. I couldn't fucking stand it.

It was slow and boring. DD and Jessica had interesting plots and every episode was exciting.

Luke had some good moments in it, but even action was dull. I hope that in The Defenders he is more than just black tank. And maybe make season 2 interesting?

>benjerry.com/whats-new/systemic-racism-is-real
wow ben n jerry really makes you think sometimes

I just found it boring as hell. Sorry.

One thing I did like about Luke Cage was how openly he just swaggered about slapping negroes upside the head. Like, Daredevil is cool and all but he fights mostly in the dark and in a mask, and JJ seemed almost ashamed of her super strength.

It was pretty cool seeing a super-powered dude in street clothes slugging it out with a man in a cyber-suit on a street corner with crowds whooping and hollering all around them.

How is your self-victimisation politics going there, mate? Solve any issues yet?
Or just create more?
Why is any act by a cracker a hate crine but otherwise is just a crime?
What interest do you have in pretending they are to blame and are the violent one when every single statistic in and out of the US shows otherwise?
Stop regurgitating what your liberal dipshit professors shoved down your throat.

Yes. The actor also plays The Knight of Flowers in Game of Thrones.

T R I G G E R E D

I know you're just farming for (You)'s but I still want to tell anyone that believes that shit to kill themselves.

They are neo-nazis trying to bring everyone but white men down. Painting everyone but white men as victims from the day they were born.
That's why a lot of black lives matter folks are so sensitive and easily triggered, they feel like they are inferior and worth less that white folks.

Don't fall for these neo-nazi tactics.

>my momma was better at giving head, so daddy loved her more, fuck you Luke Cage
downright retarded

The final fight scene missed a golden opportunity for someone yelling "WORLDSTAR!" at the top of his lungs.

Why did he assault the two officers that got caught on dash cam? He could've just took their car, they literally couldn't have done a thing to stop him.

first five episodes were good

it followed the same problem that dd, dd2 and jessica jones had by being over 5 episodes too long

Wrong website.

calm down, it's okay. very good soundtrack.

>Cast full of blacks and no niggers

How they do this?

Should I watch this?

I'm getting bored by Netflix Marvel stuff, everything is so badly paced and loses steam in the last 5-6 episodes. I actually don't give a shit that it's a black protagonist or whatever /poltv/ cries about, but outside of Daredevil Season 1 I thought everything else was pretty shit.

I like the soundtrack and the dress style of cottonmouth is top notch.

The show is pretty in line with a vast amount of Cred Forums's politics actually.
Remember, Cred Forums isn't just "muh naahzees".

Also, it's actually good altough it had it's issues, particularly from mid to end some people have made some criticism.