Do you ever copy TV and film characters?

What traits and mannerisms have you adopted from characters?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=QAGMD9Sn6g8
youtube.com/watch?v=fPDm5n163Hg
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

this'll be fun

I started saying "niggers must fucking hang" whenever a black guy is in front of me in line.

Completely. Barely have a personality of my own. Just constantly use lines from shows and movies

>Start watching Sons of Anarchy
>Start saying "aight"
>Start copying his walk
>Start dressing like him

>Watch The Walking Dead
>Don't shower or was my hair for one month

I've started walking around with my hands in front of me like Sheev in Return of the Jedi and muttering things like "ah yes, most impressive!" whenever I encounter something impressive, like my dinner.

I need help.

At least get the quote right. It needs the two "fucking"'s.

I finally rented this and watched about 40 mins before my gf had to go to bed. We were both pretty drunk but I knew a lot of the lines from memes. Tried "I drive" and "I am the driver" a bunch and got no rise, even though we both love RyGo. Would not rent again.

My running style from naruto

I slouch over, make my footsteps really loud, and walk like this

I'm going to start doing this now.

I spend my nights driving through the city while listening to Retro FM.
And by 'night' I mean after 1AM. None of this casual PM shit.

*shuffles towards you slowly, hands in claw position, gives you an evil eye and mutters:

>So be it, Jedi!

>And by 'night' I mean after 1AM

Lol that's actually against the law where I come from. You sound like a cool motherfucker.

This happens to me with any show that I watch.
First time I watched The Sopranos I was talking and thinking in the goomba dialect for weeks (english is my second language).

I watched SOA and now I drop determiners like a or an left and right.

I was yelling HEY-OH all the time while I was watching It's Always Sunny.

I did the same with Baccano. I started talking like a 1930'a gangster.

whenever I need to intimidate someone at work I channel the terminator

lol what, where?

I unironically started giving people the thumbs up after watching Twin Peaks. Now all my friends also do it so it's all good

the game

you lost :^)

This is now a drive greentext thread

I stopped drinking so recently I'm the designated driver whenever I go out anywhere. When I'm dropping people off by night I act normally (talkative etc) but then when I'm alone I put on some synthwave and drive by night becoming the real human bean. Sometimes I light a cig too (feels like the toothpick). Shit's cash man. Also when I'm in social situations and don't have anything to say I remember the Driver and imagine I'm quiet because I'm cool and not autistic :^)

>be me
>in theater
>watching final scene of drive
>a real hero starts playing
>the driver blinks
>suddenly a wave of euphoria rushes over me
>I reach to pop the collar on my scorpion jacket
>I realize that I haven't bought one yet because I didn't know about it until watching this film which isn't over yet
>wait until the the very last frame of the credits before leaving the cinema, which is standard patrician viewing procedure
>head out to the snacks counter
>qt and fat dude serving
>start sweating
>avoid qt and go up to fat dude
>ask for a couple of crabs legs to tape onto the back of my white polo
>he shakes his head and shoots me the look that the kids at school usually give me
>feel sick fury build deep from within my stomach
>go out to parking lot
>wait hours for his shift to be over, nearly pass out
>he finally heads over to his car
>it's a Chevy Impala
>the most popular car in the state of California
>no one will be looking at him
>or so he thinks
>wait until he gets in
>leap onto roof
>pull pants down
>try to unleash epic seafood turd
>forgot about the jumbo two liter coke consumed whilst watching the movie
>start pissing uncontrollably
>cargo shorts are completely drenched
>he starts the car
>tumble backwards off the roof
>land on my neck
>can't feel my body anymore
>bowels release themselves loudly
>onlooker runs up to me
>"What the fuck are you okay?"
>look her in the eye
>stare intensely whilst smirking in a cool way
>"I guess there truly are no clean getaways"

You're not alone in that friend

>watch sopranos
>start saying "AYYYYY OHHHHH"

Holy shit just realized this is why I've been saying aight for like the past 4 years

after watching this i started being a massive faggot, just like the characters in the film.

>tfw know a guy who straight up told me that he really related to the Driver and wanted to be like him
Not even lying. lol

Dude was Reddit personified.

In order to be more like Superman, I started acting as wooden and distant from people as possible. I have no idea how some people started to dislike me.

I grew up watching so much Friends... and I've basically become Chandler because of it.
Always with the jokes, all the time.
Silly exaggerated mannerisms.

i tell this in every thread but
>chewed on a toothpick in high school for 3 months in 2012 after i watched drive

a mix of dinozzo and gibbs

Underrated

I always do the Terminator when i'm done showering, I slowly get up in the steam and buttnaked I pretend i'm cybernetic organism over an endoskeleton.
I get out of the shower and then slowly look around, scanning the perimeter.

My mother always bangs against the bathroom door because I take so long

I watched the Godfather's and Goodfellas over the course of one weekend and after I started talking more like an Italian American and I starter talking with my hands alot. I also started calling the tv the 'tele" after watching a lot of BBC shows.

Sorry that was me banging your mum against the door didn't mean to interrupt your autism m8

Stay away from my tendies tyrone

or I go full Terminator on your bitch ass

>I also started calling the tv the 'tele" after watching a lot of BBC shows.

shit like this drove me insane when then nu-Who fandom exploded in 2011

>Start watching Sons of Anarchy
>have set up a pipeline between brown and yellow
>got my club out of guns
>got blowback from the Russians
Feeling pretty productive actually

Why did Driveposting die out? This is so much better than Baneposting and always has been.

4u

DON'T EVER COME NEAR ME OR MY MUM EVER AGAIN!

I haven't done this since I was 13 because I grew up

As a child, I dressed as Russ Tamblyn in "Tom Thumb".

A SMALL child, mind...

I eat alone with an angry demeanor every day

I adopt traits and mannerisms from TV and film characters like the killer in True Detective

pfft, I was picking my nose way before I ever saw some sissy-ass movie character do it
and eating the boogers so long as they were dry enough

Me too. I am in prison now.

>PRESIDEHT
>HEH OF MAYHEM

I've started running again.
Also started acting like a creep with girls again.

>Walk around very lazily and slowly when I'm at home
>Pull up trousers from the back every time I stand up
>Sound like you don't give a fuck when talking to people
>Always maintain eye contact
>Wear awful sweaters

I get inspired to channel any character that gets shit done whilst maintaining a consistent pace. Makes you look busy and important.

>watch the Sopranos
>start yelling "OHH" in the dago fashion whenever something surprises me
>watch Deadwood
>start using "cocksucker" more often when insulting someone
>Watch Way of the Gun
>purchase a 92FS and an AR15
>learn how to use them at the range (I still go every week)
>watch Mad Men
>start smoking cigarettes again for the first time since high school
>watch Sons of Anarchy
>start banging tattooed sluts
>watch Anthony Bourdain
>start traveling to Asian countries every year and doing heroin with teenagers
>watch Gordon Ramsay
>never find an acceptable meal or hotel room again for the rest of my life
>watch Hannibal
>learn how to cook needlessly gourmet meals for no one but myself in my lonely apartment and occasionally for Korean teenagers

What's going on in the .gif? Is it a scene from Ranma?

>tfw watched so much tv and movies that I have an American accent
>tfw strangers legitimatly think I'm American
>tfw get called a Yank wank even though I was born and raised in bongland
Not even memeing

It would probably be obvious to actual Americans.
I've never heard a Brit do an American accent without it being clearly fake.

Didn't Hugh Laurie fool Americans for the best part of 8 seasons? I seem to remember his accent being pretty decent.

I've never seen House but I'd bet money I could pick out unnatural sounding syllables.

Most Americans think Peter Dinklage does a good British accent on Game of Thrones, I wouldn't trust the general populace's barometer for accents.

I got that beat. I got that beat.

I know a dude who told me that his dad was Jake the Snake and his uncle was The Ultimate Warrior. He was a fat bong and clearly related to neither of them.

I started drinking heavily at work to be like Don Draper

Sweet Dee when she flips out on people or gets frustrated.

youtube.com/watch?v=QAGMD9Sn6g8

Tom Hanks does a great American accent. Most people have no idea he's from the UK

Is he really trying to do an actual British accent on GoT though? It sounds more like that quasi-English accent that everyone does in fantasy TV/movies for whatever reason.

>I was yelling HEY-OH all the time while I was watching It's Always Sunny.

Me and my friends always said that and thought they stole it from us at first, but it's a Philly thing apparently.

So is "jawn"

Everytime I go up elevators I do this pose and stand at the top like this for a bit. I walk around carrying a pen and toothpick while chewing on a paperclip. Just the way he acts I mimic. He's literally me. Even the sick guitar riffs play in the background.

I used to glimpse at nonexistent cameras when someone said something stupid.

I also do the WATCH IT CHRISSEY finger thing, but I oddly adopted that before even watching the Sopranos. What's up with that?

i say mane from Scarface like what up mane!? Not a lot its rare just a touch but its fuckin sweet; def a part of my personality.

I legitimately walk around like i'm a robot or like i'm wearing a mech suit. When I was younger I used to make noises. Now it's mostly just in how I walk, make turns, grab things. I still visualize myself as a mechanical being. Sometimes when I bend down I think about the bearings and stuff that would be in my knees turning or whatever. I also like to scan the area and visualize targeting or information overlays.

SOA effected me more than i care to admit

I don't do that as much since The Office ended. But I still talk to myself as if someone else is listening.

>It would probably be obvious to actual Americans.
Nah, I have some cousins in burgerland and they say I definitely have an American twang in my accent

>my job is shit
>my life is shit
>i have shit luck
>i've become sad, sarcastic and grouchy piece of shit like him but more autistic

well then...

i have this haircut

pls be troll. I see dude's in the hipster part of my town with this haircut and they all look like total fucking tools. This guy's hair is cut and styled by professionals every time he's on screen. Seeing some guy who got the cut last week and tried to style it himself in the mirror that morning is just cringe. It ALWAYS looks like shit.

>When I stub my toe or if a game crashes I say "oh mahron" instinctively

>When I get angry I say nigger (I've got this after watching shows where they say nigger a lot)

>When I think of an embarrassing thing I've done I say "WATCH IT" loudly

Jaizus kroist, that you?

After watching this movie I receded my hairline

I'm edgy

>started acting like Tony Soprano in my own stylized way
>interact with confidence
>people seem a lot more interested of what I'm saying

how is that?

Finally superman is a role model men can relate to

>This guy's hair is cut and styled by professionals every time he's on screen
good point, but you don't need much to put some gel or hair paste and comb it backwards

Who else /Don/ here

>have always been quiet and reserved

>start watching Mad Men

>learn from Don how to make quietness a strength instead of a weakness

>people respect me now

>they say I'm the strong silent type instead of just some autistic weirdo

Bump am I the only /Don/ on this board

sure you are

This shit

Me too. I've started to take on a lot of his mannerisms. For example, I've started exhaling really heavily through my nose, since it's a pretty manly, almost intimidating, way to breathe.

Not (directly) Cred Forums related, but I'm fairly certain this is the reason I now adress people with "What's good"

youtube.com/watch?v=fPDm5n163Hg

Whenever I am having a hard time, in my head I think about what Iroh would say to me. I usually calm down and remember how lucky we all are to be alive.

>being this new
Also
>someone ITT is actually being unironically serious

It's telly m80, not tele.
t. former Brit colony

I remember back in the 80s when I was a kid I started saying "heavy" and "thats heavy", I even bought a red vest like pic related, also I always wanted a self-lacing shoes.

Yes, I think that's Ranma intro

this

>I also started calling the tv the 'tele"

very nice m8

THIS
H
I
S

i need more cheap sweaters

Not even kidding, but the whole "7 chakra chapter" helped more than 5 years of therapy, Last Airbender is a fucking based show

I started chalking my pool cue like Paul Newman in The Hustler. That's pretty much it.

>be a eurofag
>live in bongland for good few years
>start watching The Fall
>start speaking with an irish accent
>turns out it's not that bad
>tell people you're actually irish

why would you want anyone to think that you're irish

For rape purposes

>watch the walking dead
>start worrying in every situation that everyone could die so quickly and that skin and guts are like putty