Takes place in the Middle Ages

>takes place in the Middle Ages
>perfect teeth and shaven pussies

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miswak
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Byzantine_Empire
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>he doesn't know the muscles used to breastfeed differ from those used to bottlefeed
>he doesn't know fucked up teeth are a product of post-industrial revolution societies moving away from breastfeeding.

wut?

This isn't true, but it's funny.

The perfect teeth thing is understandable when you consider the Medieval diet lacked any sort of foodstuffs that would rot your teeth in the first place.

The shaven pussy thing however is just a sign the character's a whore, only prostitutes did that.

Is that Our Girl, Eva Green?

People have been shaving for hundreds of years. It's not a new invention.

So you mean to tell me there were no lemons and oranges in middle ages?

Not enough to make a substantial difference to your teeth.

Actually the whole shaven pussies thing was pretty common in the Holy Land during the crusades.
Its the land of decadent middle eastern harams and the like

Nope, they're acidic and hurt enamel, you can add that to the fact that most people didn't even brush their teeth back then and dentistry wasn't as developed and the only cure for any kind of teeth pain was simply taking the teeth out, so there is no way any one would have perfect teeth, not even kings.

Eva shows pussy slit in this? What is the name of this kino?

Sugar is stuffed in our daily food like there's no tomorrow in the past 70 years. Our huge jump in sugar intake (designed to make unhealthy food taste sweet enough to be bareable) is what allows for the growth of such bacteria.

That's not to say people didn't have cavities in the middle ages, but eating a healthy diet and staying in shape helped the body naturally defend from germs. Also flossing is a relatively easy way of preventing bacteria build up, and all you need to do for that is use a strand of something.

You Christian cunts were waaay behind in terms of medicine and healthcare.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miswak

Why does every American-made movie set in the Middle Ages have to include something that mocks feudalism or nobility?

"I heard a similar case from a bath attendant called Salim from Ma'arra, who worked in one of my fathers bathhouses. This is his tale:

I earned my living in Ma'arra by opening a bathhouse. One day a Frankish knight came in. They do not follow our custom of wearing a cloth around their waist while they are at the baths, and this fellow put his hand, snatched off my loin-cloth and threw it away. He saw at once that I had just recently shaved my pubic hair.

'Salim!' he exclaimed! I came toward him and he pointed to that part of me.

'Salim! You shall certainly do the same for me!' and he lay down flat on his back. His "hair" was as long as his beard. I shaved him, and when he had felt the place with his hand and found it agreeably smooth, he said: 'Salim, you must certainly do the same for my Dama'. In their language Dama means lady, or wife. He sent his valet to fetch his wife, and when they arrived and the valet brought her in, she lay down on her back and he said to me:

'Do to her what you did to me.' So I shaved her pubic hair, while her husband stood. Then he thanked me and paid me for my services.

Did you notice Edward Norton in this epic?

I want to read more about the wild adventures of Salim.

This. Half our modern health problems are relatively recent consequences of refined sugar. Cut out refined sugar - keep your teeth - grab life by the pussy.

Not really, european dark ages is a meme

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Byzantine_Empire

the teeth weren't an artistic choice. if they had gone out of their way and either hired actors with "medieval" looking teeth or made the actors use cgi or prosthetic teeth then it would have been laughable. we all know this.

i don't remember any genitals in the movie but they could at least have asked the actors to stop shaving though, or at least used some discreet merkin.

BUT WE'VE ESTABLISHED THAT MEDIEVAL TEETH WERE HEALTHIER THAN MODERN TEETH, YOU IGNORAMUS

Hold the phone amigo

Peasants ate a largely starch diet, a relatively sugary one, and it was quite common to find laws for divorce on the grounds of breath odor and foul teeth. People did have shitty teeth

It was so uncommon that it was grounds for divorce, you mean.

>healthier teeth
While this is true, it doesn't mean they were aesthetically pleasing.

Sugary foods aren't the cause of a new tooth coming in and pushing all the others out of order for example. There would also be plenty of chipped and cracked teeth as a result of all the manual labor and fighting that went on.

> chipped and cracked teeth as a result of all the manual labor

I love how Cred Forums assumes everyone else is equally dyspraxic.

That doesn't make any sense you retard.

To be fair, the wisdom teeth coming in would probably mean teeth had a habit of looking crooked or crowded.

I'm sure they didn't have perfect 'Hollywood' teeth back then, but they probably weren't that bad.
> Surveys of archaeological data from the medieval period show that an average of only 20% of teeth show any sign of decay, as opposed to up to 90% in some early twentieth century populations. A more common dental issue for medieval people was not decay but wear. Eating stone-ground bread daily as part of almost every meal meant medieval people's teeth saw considerable abrasion from grit which, over years led to the teeth being worn down.

health =/= aesthetics

also nothing has been established

You seem to think that humans no longer have wisdom teeth.

The acid isn't strong enough to destroy your teeth in the average peasants lifetime. The biggest issues are sugars and leftover food causing plaque buildup but guess what, sugar wasn't that common back then. Hunter-gatherers have some of the best teeth because of what they eat.

Nope, found out afterwards. Great performance though.

how can someone be so wrong and upset at once?

>their teeth would be broken because of manual labor

How the fuck does that make sense? user assumes physical work involves a lot of falling on your face, clearly.

Actually, lots of people shaved body hair even as far back as antiquity. It was a symbol of youthfulness. Why do you think virtually all statues omit it?

NOT UPSET, JUST USING CAPITALS TO HELP YOU UNDERSTAND

People today spend a lot of money to remove their wisdom teeth and even then their mouth isn't perfect.

If you're a medieval peasant and they're not causing you any pain, why bother going through the agony of tooth removal?

>refined sugar
Literally just a propaganda buzzword like saturated fat, nutrition neuroticism of any kind is all bullshit.

help me understand that you are incorrect? i thank you.

I only had a wisdom tooth removed because it caused me pain.

They weren't agonised when they took their teeth out, they used booze.

No, not wanting diabeetus isn't neurotic.

The chance for injury is a lot higher in a manual labor job, especially in a time when health standards were nonexistent and tools were shitty. Even in the "safer" jobs like farming, people got hurt all the time.

>people from the middle ages have better teeth than modern British people

I AM CORRECT SON, I AM YOUR CORRECTOR

It's two words. You didn't notice because of the glucose pissing out of your tear ducts.

no, and now you are just embarrassing yourself.

>modern British people still have better teeth than Americans, who have a row of white resin tombstones, which is why their food is such inane shit

Right but it's unlikely you have a Hollywood smile.

>they used booze.
It would still hurt like a bitch.

YOU ARE EMBARRASSED BECAUSE YOU FEEL MY MIRTH AT YOUR INCORRECTNESS

you are clearly incorrect in your post, but you choose to deflect with memes and caps lock instead of engaging in the argument, since you have lost.

You're a legit cheeseburger-inhaling american if you think fruit is that harmful to your teeth.

I have white, regular but natural teeth. Don't recall seeing any squared-off fake gnashers on GoT.

THERE ARE NO MEMES IN MY POSTS, ONLY STATEMENTS OF FACT AND DERISION

This. Knives to scrape it, roasted walnuts to singe it, pumice stone to sand it, there were dozens of methods used to remove hair. And while they didn't have toothbrushes, they did use cloth to rub pastes of herbs like sage and mint on their teeth to clean them and freshen their breaths.

Read up on "miswak". Medieval people had better hygiene than most people today.

Unless you were a well off noble or royal, your main source of food during medieval times would of been processed grains which do in fact fuck up your teeth quite a bit

Is Orlando Bloom an ugly version of Mat Hummels?

>shaven pussies

they really show pussies in kingdom of heaven? havent seen it in years

your a stupid cucked europoor if you don't accept that sweet fruits have sugar

Yes, but natural sugar in those quantities doesn't corrode your fucking teeth.

The acid found in Oranges and Lemons do, you nimcompoop. How is it possible to be this dumb?

>set in middle-ages
>filled with fedoras and secularists

I don't even remember any nudity and I watched the Director's Cut.

Which character had a shaved pussy?

oh man, Salim was craaaaazy

Nope.

That's just plain stupid and false. What the fuck are you smoking?

>Orlando Bloom
>blacksmith

Pulling out a tooth doesn't hurt that much, drilling is much more painful.

So this film was good, what did you guys think of it?

Is letting your bro Salim shave you gay? Does letting your bro Salim shave your wife's pussy make you a cuck? the

You are confusing medieval and pre-historic times.
People got the mass of their calories in the forms of cereals, which are terrible for teeth. The perfect teeth maymay is from extremely old hunter gatherers times.

If anything, medecine is the one domain where the "islamic golden age" is not a meme. Pretty much everything we vaguely call engineering, arts-crafts (except few specialized items like ceramics of the day) and organization was inferior in the middle east. But certainly not medecine.

If anything, it's westerners that sucked at medecine more than Arabs being good at it. Up to the middle of the 18th century, French and English settlers in North America preferred to go to Amerindian witch-doctors rather than western doctors.

>primitive and barbaric viking warrior

Just marathoned this kino, the extended kino edition ofcourse. I liked it a lot, are there any other good crusader movies?