ITT: Movies that actually changed/had a significant effect on your life

ITT: Movies that actually changed/had a significant effect on your life.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=eQLXYu6plhg
twitter.com/AnonBabble

This movie made me lose 20 pounds, learn how to shoot, and become a drifter for like 8 months in 2005.

Also I hate Sara Silverman permanently.

What's the movie?

The Passion of Joan of Arc.

I seen it on Tuesday, and I feel that I don't want to become a director anymore. Why bother making films if someone has already made the best one 100 years ago.

I'm gonna wager I'm not alone on this one.

right here, friend

youtube.com/watch?v=eQLXYu6plhg

>muh shadows

>I seen it

You "saw" it.

Solaris.

If the only reason you wanted to become a director was to make the best film, you're a pleb shit who shouldn't make making them in the first place.

I'm thinking of a big movie

Sorry senpai, English is not my first language. I fucked up.

The Passion of the Christ

Happens to me everytime i write something and then i remember that someone did the same thing but 1000 times better

>turns around, smacks the woman in the face
Holy shit I gotta watch this

For (You)

>tfw girls want to fuck you because you're handsome, /fa/ and mysterious but they can't get past the autism barrier

if only I could drive, then I would be just like The Goose to be honest

Yeah, that's the reason I watched the movie in the first place, too

Why bother even living knowing someone else lived a better life years ago? Just kill yourself.

Everytime i watch this i try to get hypnotized with him

>tfw ill always be black and white

surprised this wasnt posted instantly

Opened up a whole new world for me, before my freshman college English teacher showed this to my class I had zero interest in classic films. Now they're an obsession

This and American Beauty.

That's a good fucking movie.

end of evangelion kinda helped me out of my neetness

it made me ralize that I might be a worthless piece of shit, but that doesn't mean that I can't do what I want, and before that, I thought that I'm unable to get out of that hell

Heh...

It just made me feel even more shit.

>tfw finally mustered up the courage to start driving school

Me too! Test in December, 22 years old.

Got mine at 24. I suck at driving though and haven't driven since I got my license through sheer luck.

Helped you realize you're autistic?

>being so weak-willed and easily-influenced that a piece of mass-produced fiction can change your life

People like you are why Nazi Germany happened.

With that attitude you may as well never consume fiction. The whole purpose of fiction is to change another's outlook on life. Have you ever heard of Aesop? There's nothing wrong with being an emotionless robot that only ever consumes non-fiction media, but I have to say that people like you are why the word 'autist' gets thrown around the internet a lot these days.

the avengers made me realize i was a gay manchild

Made me realize I was a drug addict and change

Literally went and got my license in 2012 shortly after watching Drive. You may have a point user.

Remember the 6 million

Why did you guys wait so long? How do you get to work and womens houses to fuck them?

None, I haven't found my movie yet.
If I had I wouldn't be here.

You're here because you're a weak faggot, not because of the movie industry.

Combination of a fear of driving, being a shut-in, and never really needing it for work or school. But now that I'm getting my life on track and applying to be a paramedic it might come in handy.

I never said I blamed the movie industry for my life, though.

You blamed the movie industry without saying you did.

Tokyo Fist

This film made me give up on acting

what is the significance of this shot exactly?

Brokeback mountain

only lovers left alive

Why?

No I didn't, I only blame myself.
I know movie makers don't owe me anything, I watch movies for other reasons, they're not self help books. But sometimes I wish I could find something that resonated with me so well that it could affect my life somehow, and that desire is not blaming, that's just me begging for help.

It's barely even about acting tho. It should make you give up on chasing girls who actively enjoy cucking you.

The fantasy of hollywood always overshadows its reality, i would end up a nobody. I am by no means the best actor in the world but i could be up with the elites if i knew the right people, unfortunately thats what hollywood is.

Instead i would be a nobody, a washed up actor who will have fantasies of what could have been but instead, ill be forever plagued by the nightmarish reality that it really is: art and talent had no place in an industry of star fuckers

maybe because you're too busy chasing the fame instead of the art?

Real actors do theater.

ASS 2 ASS

The point of the film is that hollywood is where people face harsh reality

so youre saying film isnt an art form?

Y tu mama tambien

Watched the second half of it when I got home in the early hours of the morning one night.

Watched the whole thing a couple weeks later and the first half was so disappointing

I thought it was more about the blonde chick being such a failure in a lot of ways, that she made this internal reality where she's good at something for a change. Maybe it is about Hollywood, but it seemed to have much more focus on her relationship with the brunette.

This film made me realize that creativity comes in the weirdest, most unexpected forms. That and it gave me motive to be creative in my own way.

This made me learn that there is a special person out there for everyone except for me

Not that user, but Hollywood as a concept is merely a single facet within film as a whole. So there's no way for the point of film to be related to Hollywood at all. And besides that, some people need harsh realities to get to higher places in their lives. What's worse is you didn't even explain why you wouldn't want to give theater a try, since it's much more of a colosseum, where you have to fight your way to fame, then your reasoning for not wanting to get into Hollywood. Sure you gotta have the right connections, but I would bet it's much easier than it is in the film industry.

No but it isn't an actor's medium.

The old saying goes: Theater is an actor's medium, TV is a writer's medium and Film is a director's medium.

that's great, user. Everyone should embrace eccentricity.

Yes but the film implies that the brunette fucked her over big time, used her and abused her because she was in with the top producer of the time

Although i do love your interpretation of naomis character

Pic related, also these:

Was going to post this. This sparked my interests in art house cinema.

Theater is a different aspect, i am more interested in film and tv, its like wanting to scream in a hardcore punk band and being told to play violin at an opera but i do love your analogy

Actors are the back bone of tv

That's not a very good analogy. By saying that, you are implying that film will always have roles that are harder, more brutal and more praiseworthy than theater, but you don't seem to realize that roles can be just as intense, if not more so, than with film. With film you are always being cut around and manipulated by the director, DP and editor, who shift and cut your act. Often you can't even enjoy the crucial moments of your character because there is something, most likely CGI related that's throwing you off. With theater, sure there's rehearsal, and a lot of shitty people, but at the end of the day, it's still the same stage, with much more realistic props than green screen suits, and often times it's just one long performance. No one cutting you, no one shifting your lines. Just one long time of being in your character, with much more freedom for improv and subtle character changes. I don't see how that's not at least something valid to fall back on. If it isn't, then I strongly suggest you rethink as to why you were interested in acting in the first place.

A Bittersweet Life

i'm so much in love with this movie, i will not stop trying to be a director until i do a remake of this story.

Why did you take the punk rock analogy as literal? By doing that you missed the point

I didn't take it literal, I took it the way I saw it. It's very vague and didn't really explain how you felt well, because it can mean several things, including taking it the way I saw it, since at the end of the way, we're talking about the experience of acting itself.

This as well as Nostaghia and Sacrifice.

How was The Sacrifice? The only ones I haven't seen are that Ivan's Childhood, and Rubyov, and I've been watching his stuff backwards, mostly. Should I finish it off with the Sacrifice?

I related so much to this. Sure, I watched it at low volume on a tv from the 90s, but I still gave up my pride and edgy autist "tough guy" personal style and allowed myself to cry buckets and feel both happy and sad. It might not have changed my life that much, but it's the first thing that comes to mind.

Why? You won't do better Kim Jee-woon is a top tier director.

>the good the bad the weird
>a bittersweet life
>i saw the devil

I'm not sure what happened with The last Stand though I feel like he got nervous because it was his first American film or someone else was pulling the strings so it didn't turn out as good as it should have. Maybe it's partly because he didn't write it as well

Still the guy is amazing The Good The Bad The Weird is probably my favourite action movie. It's a visual master piece.

Yes, definitely save Sacrifice for the last. It's not better than Rublev, Mirror or Nostalghia but it's damn good and is a perfect end for Tarkovsky.

What changed?

Will most certainly do that then.

im into art now

I keep forgetting this exists. Tornatore has fallen so hard

Blade Runner.

Made me reevaluate what I wanted out of life. I just want someone to have conversations with.

Jesus Christ Sarah Silverman is fucking awful. That pathetic rant was so cringe tier. Gonna watch this tonight though.

lmao

that's just depressing.

>How do you get to...womens houses to fuck them?

Requiem for a Dream

I walk.

I feel you, man. No words needed.

Room made me realise that I could be a much better Father.

Still one of my favorite movies.

I loved this movie.

American Beauty. Still not sure why. It's not some new viewpoint or particularly moving in and of itself. I guess it just hit me at the right time when I needed to hear something like that.

The Secret Life of Walter Mitty

Fucking hell, it slayed me when I watched it.