How do you expect this list to change in the next 5-10 years?

How do you expect this list to change in the next 5-10 years?

auteur filmmakers slowly falling out and replaced by tv & sock puppet directors

I don't see Snyder on there, I guess he should try making successful movies for once.

he does it for the art. not the cash.

All shitty directors

Cameron will movie into #2 as he releases another five Smurf movies, but Spielburger will remain #1 as he's got about 5 new Plebbuster movies coming out

Anyone who cares about a films revenue instead of it's content needs a dose of kys.

>capeshit
>art

this is an eighteen plus board.

t. virgin cinephile

Movies exist to make money. That is their primary purpose, and if they aren't making money, they should not exist.

Chris Columbus is some sort of anti-auteur, how can one man make so many bland, unidentifiable films

Based Jim will be 1st on the leaderboards in 5 years

No name fools that haven't accomplished ANYTHING in this thread DARE TO JUDGE THESE GREAT MEN???
You would all JIZZ IN YOUR STINKY UNDERPANTS IF YOU EVER MET ANY ONE OF THESE DIRECTORS!!!

ADMIT IT YOU FUCKING FUCKS!!!

How much does this list change when adjusted for inflation?

>Hacks like Cameron beaten by Jackson

Feels terrific

>movies exist to make money

End yourself.

You haven't accomplished anything either, so what's your point

He's $3bn behind Spielberg
To overtake him, his films combined need to beat Spielberg's by 3bn
It seems unlikely, if not impossible

Almost all art exists to make money.

Only directors I would legitimately call shitty from that list are Columbus and Yates. Most are Mediocre with a few good films. Bay, Cameron and Spielberg are the only legitimately good filmmakers there.

Break it down to average per movie and see who is sitting on top :^)

I'm one of those directors but I won't tell you which one....

>Michael Bay about to overtake James Cameron because of Transformershit.

no one cares about how much producer dick you've sucked to sell out and make mainstream crap that appeals to plebs

Spielberg
POWER GAP
Cameron
Bay
Jackson
Nolan
Burton
Zemeckis
Verbinski
POWER GAP
Columbus
Yates

His blandness is somewhat identifiable, like kinkade

never even heard of chris columbus

>put in an arbitrary qualifier so that MY director wins, yayy!!

Faggot. Might as well break it down to individual films made by men named Tim, and call Burton the winner.

Spielbergs next movies are:

Indiana Jones 5
Tin Tin 2
Gremlins 3
Jurassic World 2

CANT DISTURB THE SPIELBERG

this list will add another $5 Billion to his score and he has half a dozen lesser projects to be released too

Gore Verbinski made Rango. Go fuck yourself.

Spielberg is so trash, most souless movies eve

Peter Jackson is in development Hell at the moment. The Adventures of Tintin: Prisoners of the Sun was due for release in December 2015, its a year over and still nothing. he isnt working on anything else either.

Hackson is finished

Spielberg is the best. LMAO these Cred Forums "patricians" (lol) call these men hacks but if they were tasked with directing a movie they would put a barrel of a gun to their temple and pull the trigger because of the anxiety of being around actual human beings.

RIP Cred Forums

Cameron has Avatar 2-5 in the pipeline, each of which will make well over a billion dollars.

>Columbus day was four days ago
Idiot

>Jurassic World 2
>Tin Tin 2
He's not even directing those.