/who/ - Doctor Who General

Doctor Who Cosplay Edition!

Last thread

Other urls found in this thread:

timelash-event.de/news.php?language=EN
youtube.com/watch?v=nYVTS79rKok
bleedingcool.com/2016/10/14/when-paul-cornell-had-an-idea-that-could-only-work-with-the-third-doctor-who/
youtu.be/VJatn_WEOgg
youtu.be/Zzxx1WkITXg
youtube.com/watch?v=URwLT88z0Fw
youtu.be/lHbzwLmBCRA
youtu.be/f6DdbgaGf_4
youtube.com/watch?v=AiD374gbRBk
twitter.com/richardosman/status/787017550043475969
twitter.com/richardosman/status/787017631161352192
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

So, scarf-user, a thing I'd like to ask you.
Are you wearing the scarf to school just for fun or is there a deeper underlying cause?
Because with me, it felt like wearing armor. I could be something more than my then-loathed usual self in my own mind when I went out as Eleven. I felt a tad bit more confident and secure from bullying, given the extra bonus that I was practically incognito at the time. Everyone else wouldn't know why I dressed that way (at least there was a likely chance they wouldn't, self-important neckbeards excluded), and I felt secure.
Is it something like that with you or is it really just pride in your mummy's knitting abilities and being a fan?

CAN YOU FEEL THE DIAMOND AGE!

Nah I'm just an attention seeker.

Why are we still here? Just to suffer?

Belle as a thrown together Osgood for a special feline's birthday.
I miss you cats

That's probably better for your own mental health.

>Chinballs
>Diamond Age

No, you got the order wrong.

Series 8 was Golden Age.
Series 9 was Platinum Age.
It's Series 10 that might be Diamond, not 11.

Series 11 will be either Glitter or Azbantium.

>Azbantium
I had forgotten that's an actual canon thing now.
I don't remember anything from series 9 since it aired, only Heaven Sent. And clearly not all of the details either.

German user, if you're still here, go in cosplay tomorrow ! Your Six idea is so cool.
I almost went to Timelash last year but went to the Paris Comic Con instead, which was complete shit.
Can't make it to the con this year but we might meet someday !

Speaking of cosplay, I'm getting a screen accurate Sixth Doctor coat from Steve Ricks in a few months. Did anyone here ever ordered from him ? Is there anything that I should know about him and his policies ?

The problem is that I'll take a train at 6am and only arrive in Kassel close to 9am, but can't check into my hotel until 3pm, so I'm gonna have to take the train in full cosplay. Maybe without cravat and wig. But still, that's a bright red jacket and yellow trousers.
...still thinking about it, though.

Good on her for encouraging you too. Things change however and most relationships don't last forever. I wouldn't write yourself off yet, unless there's no interest on your part. Work on that confidence and own your cosplay when in it. It's worked for other /who/res at cons in the past.

That the guy with the Sixie coat blog? I wanted to order one way back when, but always was a little short on money (BiFi eats into my budget like nobody's business). I didn't even know he was still taking comissions.

You'll get a few weird looks but nothing more.
I've been going to cons in full costume wig included (including, Six's TV costume) for years and nothing ever happened.

Yes him.
He can get more batches of some fabrics sometimes, if you have enough money he can make most things in his past catalogue I guess.

Ah what the heck, I'm gonna do it. Maybe I can fit McQueen Master into the backpack as well.

Well let's hope the upcoming BF mainrange releases for the next year or so aren't too interesting so that I can get my own piece of sartorial elegance one day soon :D

>having bad memory

The first sign of an impregnation... uuh... impending regeneration, my dear boy, hmm.

rip user

Have a fun day user !
Hope you will meet nice people ! It's my favorite aspect of cons and cosplays makes it easier.

>I've been going to cons in full costume wig included for years and nothing ever happened

Same here. It's actually quite fun to see the occasionnal confused look on people around. And I'm usually shy as fuck.

>That one time I showed up at an airport because I had to pick up firends there before going to a con and I totally forgot I was wearing the most extravagant shit possible.
>I only remembered when I casually bought food and the guy behind the counter stayed paralysed because he couldn't process what was happening

Frankly the worst thing to happen to me was two guys shouting "go back to the Disney world!".

Yeah the increased rate of stranger-initiated contact is great. I went to ComicCon Germany last year as Mad Eye Moody, my most ambitious cosplay, and literally everyone came up to me for a photo or a chat.

This. Series 9 was so much better that 8 looks a bit mediocre in comparison. Hopefully the same happens with 10 or the quality stays the same.

The greatest thing about it was that Sylvester was there, walking around the con, practically unrecognized by most people, and I got into his panel, worked my way to the front when the time for questions came, and I asked him to reperform the "We fight like animals, we die like animals!" bit from Survival, for the reason that it had been exactly 26 years to the day since that last episode of DW Classic aired. In other words, the show had been off the air just as long as it had been on the air on that day.
It was a bit... spaghetti, as you say here. He told me to consider it was 26 years since he'd memorized the dialogue... and then he did it anyway. Perfectly.

Here he is, standing next to the world's most deformed Tardis. German craftsmanship my foot. When he was expecting it, I actually heard a girl trying to take a selfie there telling him "There's a line if you want a photo with the box".

DOES IT BRIGHTEN UP YOUR DAY?

>expecting
inspecting ofc.
Inspecto petroleum.

based mathieson
GET HYPE

Well that settles it. Mathieson is writing for Missy.

Oh fuck wait no, that means Narsehole is back? Please Missy kill him.

That seemed cool.
Most Doctors are used to spaghetti from fans, don't worry.

timelash-event.de/news.php?language=EN

I know, but you never want to be the one to actually do it, do you?
Nardole is the gay cripple minority and the first male companion in ages. No way are they gonna do that.
Then again, Moffat is on his way out, so... yes way?

NARDOLE IS ETERNAL, HE CAN NEVER BE DESTROYED

Both Frazer and Robertson had to cancel, unfortunately. We're getting Peter Purves in his Frazer's stead, though.

>Oh fuck wait no, that means Narsehole is back? Please Missy kill him.
What's wrong with Nardole? Try to see positive stuff. Not having much of a persona in a hassle of celebration season/special didn't interfere with Clara growing one in S8.
Besides he's male-from-future in endless females-from-present since forever.

>Nardole is the gay cripple minority
What

Why does this version of K-9 look so angry?

Nardole will be GOAT. Screencap this.

Is he gurning at you?

Matt Lucas is gay and has total alopecia. Tumblr will love him for that fact alone, and the BBC is taking a lot of cues from tumblerites, for all the food that does him.
Also, if the actor is gay, so's the character. The other way around would be discrimination btw.
That's been tmblr's logic for a long time.

everyday! I wake up and think good times are coming to who.

>for all the food that does him

good, them.

This unit's English caches are depleted. Please refill immediately.

>>>/reddit/

so how long is Nardole going to stick around anyway? When he was first announced I figured he'd be in it for 2 episodes, 3 at most, but now it seems almost like he's going to become a full-blown companion.

>It was a bit... spaghetti, as you say here.
Where?

>Also, if the actor is gay, so's the character. The other way around would be discrimination btw.
And being this way around is stereotyping. Like, gay actors can only play gay characters.
Granted, BFA made Adric bi recently, but that's mostly a homage I think.
Also: how come being bald makes one a cripple?

>it seems almost like he's going to become a full-blown companion
I think he is. Two companions are always better than one desu. So i'm hype.

I'm confused too. Was he seen in the filming of episodes 2, 3 and 4?

See, there's my smugness manifesting itself :P
But yeah, I kinda fear they're going to do something ranging from incredibily dumb to merely underwhelming with some pandering mixed in.

How are they gonna get him out of the robot's body? Cyborg body? Clone? Timey wimey shenanigans? Will he be the show's Charley Pollard? Do we know anything?

Teebeeaitch I'm not so good at Cred Forums lingo, but spaghetti is the term for embarrasment through improper behaviour especially in front of people one considers their betters, right?

>but now it seems almost like he's going to become a full-blown companion.
>almost

My word, so much cushion for pushin'

>I'm confused too. Was he seen in the filming of episodes 2, 3 and 4?
No, but those episodes focus on Bill mostly.
It's not a new thing. Nyssa and K-9 were absent from some stories during their tenure too. And they need to establish Bill first too givin' that she's a main companion.

No, that's what it looks like all the time. It has no facial movement aside from the ears.

>Also: how come being bald makes one a cripple?
I didn't say it in total earnest. I just thought about what worst case scenario for Nardole's reception could look like. Of course it doesn't make you a cripple, but some incredibly stuck up people think so. I'd be considered a cripple myself if that were the case.

>Also, if the actor is gay, so's the character.
No one believes this.

>wears bowtie
>secure from bullying

Really?!

My reasoning at the time. Yep.
The deeper, darker, madder recesses of tumblr do, in some instances.

In any case, we'll now have companion duo who don't wanna bonk each other since ... 80s probably. With Jack and Adam (and Rory, Mickey) having blue balls/being boyfriends.
If one discount brief Donna/Martha duo in S4 that is.

Unconvincing teebeeaitch. Given the other things in this post.

Series 5 Rory was also in some episodes but not others.

>reperform

This stuff is horrible.

What's unconvincing about it? Being a non-native speaker and more of a lurker, I sometimes get my words mixed up.

>My reasoning at the time. Yep.

Wow, well I'm glad you made it here.

I didn't know what else to ask him and it was the first thing to pop into my mind. Spaghetti.
There's a lot of growing up that can be done in 5 years, user. And a lot of it still to take place.

It must be weird for censored knowing that his erstwhile comedy partner censored is a pedophile and waiting all these years to hear he's been exposed.

>we'll now have companion duo who don't wanna bonk each other
don't be too sure about that.

>How are they gonna get him out of the robot's body?
it's probably just going to be a quick throwaway-line, like when Strax was revived.

>don't be too sure about that.
I now imagine that Bill and Nardole will have happily ever after ending. And that's bloody weird.

First: "Huh?"
and seconldy
>censored
Editor, is that you?

>a quick throwaway-line

Sigh. I hope not. Sometimes they get too happy with that stuff. "We just leave a hole here for BF to fill whenever, a-hyuck!"

>like when Strax was revived.
That was done in a minisode.

Sorry, that should have read:

It must be weird for censored, knowing that his erstwhile comedy partner censored is a pedophile, and waiting all these years to hear he's been exposed.

... was it? When?

Ah The Long Game, a much underrated episode to reference, good work user.

What's the "Huh?"

Not that much more substantial than a throwaway line but it bridges the gap.

Found it. Never knew it existed, even though I have the DVD.

No, wait, I missed one set of tags, that should be:

It must be weird for censored, knowing that his erstwhile comedy partner censored is a pedophile, and waiting all these years to hear he's been exposed.

I actually referenced the character from pic related in my post, not Simon Pegg's.
The "Huh?" is because I don't know who the "censored"s are supposed to be.

Who is this faggot and why do I want to knick his crisps?
Who is this semen demon?

Has that faggot show class started yet?

>you
>cloister
>no

Ah, I wouldn't know, BF is not my thing.

Who can you think of who might have been mentioned in this thread who has an erstwhile comedy partner?

>this semen demon

Looks like Major Styre to me.

>Sometimes I regret killing off a character in the first episode they appear, but I express my regret by bringing them back with no decent explanation

Ah. I think got it. Humpty Dumpty. Also, you're really missing out on BF.

>Strax, I thought you were dead!
>Nope.

So if you're still pushing the "Belle is Cloister" meme, does that mean Cloister is female? Because the person in that pic is clearly female.

stop fucking reply

Yes.

I can't imagine BF being something I'd enjoy personally, but all power to your ears.

But I want to know

I thought Belle was Cloister's GF?

She is but monganon or somebody keeps pushing the idea that she's not real and all the pics of her are just Cloister.

Just stop. I know its tempting but no good will come of replying to him. Just let him autsim in peace.

Then who are the pics of a clearly male Cloister supposed to be?

Her BF.

THEY ARE GROWING STRONGER

Ah. I expected something more elaborate for some reason.

Occam's razor, user.
Brevity is the soul of wit, too.

Nardole has been seen filming for Christmas, Episode 1 and 2.

As if anyone on this sub reddit could find a mate let alone a psychopath like cloister

If we apply Occam's razor, why would Cloister be doing this?

There are no girls on the internet etc. etc.

Occam's Razor does not apply in a situation where irrational bahaviour is present.
You cannot apply logic to something illogical... captain.

If Cloister is really a girl, wouldn't he make more of that for that reason?

Yeah, sounds like this person is a nutter.

Maybe because of /who/s past with the last female tripfag we had?

Based Mathieson is going to save Nardole and write Missy even better than Moffat did.

It's gonna be GOAT.

The genie is out of the bottle, you should drop this and never mention it again and you'll be happier.

I don't know anything about that.

They openly fantasized about gang raping her in the thread

/who/ was shite back then.

>back then

Seems like they've been filming here.

I dunno what's happening this year but they're using actual new locations.

>Seems like they've been filming here.
Where does this information come from?

>No one should attempt to cross this pool or leave the cave by this route unless they are properly equipped, are excellent swimmers, and have the training and experience to do so safely.

I hope Peter doesn't wander around ;_;

GirlyLetters I think. She posted it on GB.

On that day, for that guy, you were Sixie.

I don't have a GB account.

>GirlyLetters
>Reliable source

Not my problem? Go on Twitter. You don't need an account to see her tweets.

I forgive you.

Your attitude has given you away.

Moffat's last story is called Hell Sent

seems GL is suspicious of some random drunky bird saying DW was filming today

Just that one source? Yes it's suspicious.

Has it, cats?

Does anyone have that photo of Colin's deteriation over the 1990s? Where he suddenly gains loads of weight?

Is it, catto?

Oh, the mongs are turning against each other!

Why? You think that's funny, cats?

10x01 - Great, almost as GOAT as The Eleventh Hour.
10x02 - Frank Cottrell-Boyce's The Zygon Invasion.
10x03 - Dollard's Nightmare in Silver. Utterly disappointing.
10x04 - GOAT, the new MOTOE

>another minisode I've never heard of
How many of these are there?

Looking good dude, hope you had fun at the event attended.

Pies are a hell of a drug

If Cloister was a woman avoiding the same nuisance, (s)he'd just never post any gf pictures.

In 1995 he was clearly on an Ollie Reed tip, style-wise. Which invites the question: why?

I'm not asking for fanfic, I'm just saying, why would you choose to model your appearance on nineties Ollie Reed?

bleedingcool.com/2016/10/14/when-paul-cornell-had-an-idea-that-could-only-work-with-the-third-doctor-who/

The 'Polly, I said' line is great Cornell-parody Pertwee.

so now that Cornell wants to focus entirely on his own creations does that make the Third Doctor-comic his last hurrah? kind of sad.

Digitalspy is buzzing that the tone of the show is going to be adjusted to be more kid-friendly, a mandate from the BBC. Fanny from GB is the source

I normally don't give a hoot for Titan Comics, but this looks great. Of course Delgado shows up. I've got to read this when the trade is out.
Even MORE kid-friendly than lions in space and sentient snot?

Good.

My dream: a series of standalone adventures in time and space with two nice people I like spending time with. No rage, no grief, no origin stories, no arc. Ginger beer. Mild peril.

Yes you do. Hello Banshee.

KEK

Bingo. He's also Fanny.

No that's you Cats.

I hope not. Kid-friendly sounds like they mean "dumbed down", since the show still had quirkiness even in Series 9

Not really, series 9 was plenty dumb, but in quite adult ways. No more stuff about the Doctor's thirst for his companion would be welcome.

Twelve didn't fancy Clara in Series 9. He was very devoted, but not necessarily sexual.

Still probably bored a lot of kids.

It could also mean a comfy Season 17-esque tone

I don't necessarily disagree, but what's the proof of that?

I don't trust execs to know the difference.

That's Gareth!

But you are cats.

Maybe, but that's also a lot of other people who liked Doctor Who and didn't spend the 90s wishing it could be Buffy.

Kids find romantic subplots dull. Ask them.

What romantic subplot?

All the wank over Clara, not letting her die, thinking about her all through Heaven Sent, etc.

That wasn't a romantic subplot. You're thinking of Series 8 with Danny.

No, I'm talking about the Doctor and Clara, and the fact that it got in the way of the fun. You know this, stop being a cunt.

No you're not.

>the Doctor and Clara, and the fact that it got in the way of the fun.
When?

You seem to be fixing on the word 'subplot', but it subverted the entire overarching plot. Clara was the Doctor's girlfriend, maybe kids have grown bored of the relationship crap. That's what I'm saying. If you don't understand that, maybe the show does need to be dumbed down.

Every scene between her death and inevitable get-out.

>Clara was the Doctor's girlfriend
No she wasn't. You're thinking of Series 2 with Rose.

Kids don't hate actually romantic plots, that's just a meme (source: Disney movies).

>Clara was the Doctor's girlfriend
At this point you're just shipping.

Explain further.

They keep thinking of it, that's the problem. This has become the model, but whereas they rang interesting changes on it with previous companions, it became maudlin now the Doctor is played by an older actor. Bill is a relief.

>>>/tumblr/

why do you care what the kids think? Shouldn't your opinion be the only thing that matters to you?

Disney romances are generic givens, little girls want to be princesses, it doesn't mean kids favor monarchy.

A well-performed grieving process is not really what I watch Who for.

They don't make it for me, they make it for kids. 'Kid friendly' is always a good idea for a family show.

Whatever happens, at least Pearl you'd give a friendly poke, whereas Jenna would be interesting to see raped and cut, but not to fuck.

>being racist
back to Cred Forums cunt

The edge here cut me.

>not giving Jenna a poke

>Disney romances are generic givens, little girls want to be princesses, it doesn't mean kids favor monarchy.
wat
It sounds like you're making the same point as me, just because kids don't want something in real life doesn't mean they don't want it in fiction.

>A well-performed grieving process is not really what I watch Who for.
I mean it's not high on my list of reasons to watch the show, but when you've got Peter Capaldi as the Doctor then it would be a waste to try and make the role as shallow as it was in the '70s.

I don't get it. Don't you want the show to be aimed at you? Do you not want your enjoyment of it to be improved?

I think they want it differently in different kinds of fiction. If the Doctor was handsome, some of the girls watching would want it. But he's not. It has an unwelcome vibe.

I think addressing grief in an fantasy adventure series where death is regularly cheated is more shallow than admitting you can't and just having fun. I don't think the role was shallow, either. The dialogue was, but the room it left for the actors was considerable.

>Capaldi
>not handsome

You've just put into three sentences exactly what's wrong with nerd culture. It tries to annex popular or childish things for its own ends, and usually stifles the life out of them in the process. I would enjoy the show more if it didn't seem to be aimed at people like me, or like its makers imagine me to be. It's morally dicey, to me, for the BBC to spend money collected via the licence fee on a product which will mainly be enjoyed by a secondary, merch-buying audience. Doctor Who is for families of normal people; it's for adults to tolerate and kids to grow out of. Appealling to people who buy merch and attend conventions and talk about it online is fine as a side benefit, but as an end in itself, it lets the show down.

>If the Doctor was handsome
>>>/tumblr/

There are other shows out there, it's much easier and healthier to look into expanding your interests rather than just screaming that the one thing you like doesn't explicitly pander to you specifically

Not to little girls, whose idea of what's handsome is usually pretty bland, and well served by Disney's princes.

This.

>he didn't get the subtext to hell bent

Perhaps, but it's also pretty weird to scream when something you like does try to appeal to you specifically.

>it's for adults to tolerate and kids to grow out of.
then how come you're here? Not even baiting, just wondering. Do you watch the show with your kids or something like that?

Not if you want it to have a healthy existence apart from you, and vice versa.

Because it sounds like they're going in a direction I approve of, so I thought I'd post in support of it.

Now you're just posting nonsense. It's not like appealing to the adult audience that exists, has always existed and has been consciously pandered to since 2005 precludes the possibility of appealing to kids. If Doctor Who has become any less kid-friendly in recent years (and nothing you've posted has provided any evidence that it has, except to the children who exist in your imagination) then it's because some of the parts that are clearly there to appeal to specifically to children have been a bit... misguided. Stuff like putting kids in half the episodes in series 8 or the crappy space lion in The Woman Who Lived, or pretty much the entirety of Sleep No More. But then, what do I know? Maybe kids liked that stuff.

>Now you're just posting nonsense.

No, I'm not. You seem to be saying that somehow pandering to adults in any form will work fine because at other times the production team have known how to do both. You're also saying that the parts that aren't kid-friendly are the parts that you didn't happen to like as someone who doesn't care about the core audience anyway. This doesn't follow, as you acknowledge at the end of your post.

The situation is that a change of tone has been asked for, and I think it's probably a good idea.

what is this

You seemed to be suggesting that pandering to adults at all means the show doesn't function as a kids' show.

It's my belief that in general, if something is good for kids older than 6 it's at least better than shit for adults, especially adults like me who still have a taste for kiddie stuff. So yes, the parts I think probably failed to please kids are parts I don't like, but I don't know that for a fact.

This kid looks a little like me and it's kinda disquieting

Stop having my face stranger

A friend who works for film planning here in Ireland and whom work in cohesion with the BBC has said the production crew and Capaldi and CO are apparently they are filming parts of the the series 10 finale in an old Celtic monastery in Wicklow next year in Ireland. I have been told Robert Sheehan from love/hate/Misfits fame is playing a Time Lord character in the scenes to be filmed, Thoughts? first time they've filmed in the ROI.

Nathan's gonna be a Time Lord? Nice.

Is Guy Leopold a real writer, or one of those pseudonyms that mean it was really Dicks and Letts?

Ten seconds

>class coming in a week
>Return of Doctor Mysterio not long after
>S10 starts in the spring
It's been a long wait, but we're almost there...

I'm waiting for Class...

Sounds legit to me. Glendalough Monastic City is a popular filming location, and would be superb for a medieval episode.

Rob Sheehan playing another Time Lord sounds cool. Not keen on the idea of Twelve regenerating into him tho. Not ready for Capaldman to leave yet.

I hope we all break into song again the night before.

do you guys still remember when we started the meme of allen leech playing the monk? how the hell did that started?

>break into song again
Did I miss something?

Kek that was GOAT.

The night before series 8 premiered, the thread broke out into an improvised re-write of 'One Day More' from Les Mis.
Shit was cash.

40+ women seem to like him. But he's obviously not Twilight teen girl crush material.

>tfw wasn't here for that

>it's an 'instead of meaningfully contributing to the conversation I'm instead going to post an image' episode

>Dr. Who

What if someone dies during filming and out of respect they decide not to air anything?

I'll admit I love it when you think all hope is lost and the Doctor smiles smugly and finds a way to save the day like in Husbands.

Where are the interview releases on the Big Finish website?

I wanna say under BF For Free

Were 12 and Clara in love?

I'm afraid not. I found them under audio books.

Not in a 'sexual' sense. But by series 9, they loved and needed each other. Altho not in a 'good' way, because both had become addicted to seeking bigger and better thrills.

The best.

Class a shit.

What else do you think they said in the cloisters?

No, Clara is an unlovable selfish twat.

b-but her feet.

what are you gay user

She told him she loved him, and he was the only man she ever had apart from Danny Pink. We all know that.

But, the scene was deliberately ambiguous so that some fans wouldn't be screaming "but she can't say that!! - he's old and oogly", or "a Time Lord loving a human - NOOOO that's like the equivalent of Einstein falling in love with a chimpanzee!?! Yuck, we had enough of that shite with Ten and Rose".

I don't know which one of you is Time Said It but just know you are based.

What did you... he say?

called out fanny the fake spoilerhound and called out banshee on being mongo user

Sounds good. Banshee must be wondering what fuck he's talking about.

TSI asked him if he was bored but he didn't reply.

Screencaps pleez

You cry you lose

youtu.be/VJatn_WEOgg

Are you crying?

No.

;_;

Bring him back :'(

MORE FEELS

youtu.be/Zzxx1WkITXg

>Only a week before Class
>TV still keeps showing that fucking teaser with the space anus in the school and the title

Christ, just cut the crap and broadcast the trailer on TV already, specifically the part with the TARDIS and Capaldick.

They don't want people to see how shit it is before broadcast.

Now the dust has settled, does /who/ think Clala deserved a reprieve from the Face the Raven death?

If only so millions of little kids weren't traumatized?

They should've done something like a shot of the TARDIS with Coal Hill. This teaser from 10 years ago worked because Torchwood was a thing.

>dust
>settling
>ever

But it's only in the series for 10 seconds.

It's still their hook.

Looks pretty good to me, I'd probably watch it even if I wasn't particularly a Who fan.

youtube.com/watch?v=URwLT88z0Fw

There's nothing left of /who/ anymore. Only us. Only us.

MOOOOOFFFFFAAAAATTTTT!!!!

Ok immigrant whatever

So when will we stop crying?

youtu.be/lHbzwLmBCRA

4 or 5 people tops

>This teaser
which?

Never ;_;

I still haven't recovered from Amy and 11 ;_;

I still haven't recovered from Donna and Ten.

Why don't people understand that Clara still dies no matter what and her death wasn't retconned? She still has to return to that moment. She just had a little more time.

Mathieson is writing an Egypt episode about Missy and hieroglyphs monsters coming to life. Literally Flatline in reverse.

Not exactly. It's about prehistoric drawings on walls and it's modern day. Everything else is spot on, though.

She had a reprieve, as user previously said.

Yeah, we know she still dies in Diagon Alley.

So why are people saying she is immortal and Moffat ruined her death?

Did Moffat base her on you?

Bazinga!

Because the 'tragedy' of the raven death was that she was so young, and should have still had years of life ahead.

We now know that she could have spent eons travelling in the Diner Tardis before she died.

I'm gonna need some proof please oh god I live in Dublin and would definitely head down

I can tell you 100% that the cunts saying Moffat ruined her ending aren't thinking this at all. They just think she's now immortal and Moffat is a bad writer because RTD would have let her die (which he fucking had not).

Best theme

youtu.be/f6DdbgaGf_4

>I can tell you 100% that the cunts saying Moffat ruined her ending aren't thinking this at all.

Ignore the. Probably the same crowd that were saying RTD was ruining the show 7/8 yrs ago, but now glorify him.

And in 3/4 yrs, they'll be saying the same about Chinballs while glorifying Moffat's era.

*them

and she could copy herself into a new body or virtual reality before returning

Because she didn't die. The Clara that was about to die in that moment was stopped from dying.
"She still has to die someday" isn't a great argument because everyone has to die someday. You could say the same about any character who's been brought back from the dead. And that "little time" she has could very well be many human lifetimes,for all we know.
>They just think she's now immortal
Then they aren't far wrong. She doesn't age and can take all the time she wants before going to her death. She's about as close to immortality as one can get.

>eons
except that the universe would literally disappear up its own butt if she did that. Throughout the whole episode everybody says that the Doctor messed up and that Clara needs to die asap. They just inserted a quick line about wiggle room at the end in case some future writer wants to pick up that plot-thread again.

>a Moffat story doesn't really work and even contradicts itself in the space of the same episode again

Same old, same old.

>there was this vague prophecy of a hybrid which even people like Davros had heard of
>no idea who made this prophecy
>in the end it wasn't even nailed down and didn't really ever happen so the prophecy meant nothing
>it will never be mentioned ever again

Brilliant writing.

There is no word more harmful to a storyline than
"Prophecy."

It did happen. 12 did it in Hell Bent.

German user, are you here ?
How was your day at the con ?

Why did the Doctor think he was going to die and them start carrying a torture chamber around in his pocket?

Did what?

>All Matrix prophecies concur that this creature will one day stand in the ruins of Gallifrey. It will unravel the Web of Time and destroy a billion billion hearts to heal its own.

CAPALDI CONFIRMED FOR STAYING FOR SERIES 11 JUST GOT ANNOUNCED

When did the Web of Time unravel?

It's a fucking shitty prophecy by the way and it gives no indication AT ALL when it might happen and certainly does not suggest it's the Doctor.

Funny thing is, that wasn't me

The Hybrid was both 12 and Clara.

Of course, the Time Lords don't pull in Davros who is half Kaled half Dalek and interrogate him after Gallifrey is wrecked by his Daleks.

Cuckoo!

youtube.com/watch?v=AiD374gbRBk

>The Doctor has gone. Vanished. After loosing Jess and then almost loosing Megan, the Doctor has decided the universe is better off without him. But the universe thinks different. Everyone is seeking the Doctor but no one can find him, friends and foes alike join in the search, but not all for good reasons. Last years finale the Doctor released Omega and there's a price to pay for it, one that will change his life...forever.

Fanfilms continuing to copy the main show

"wiggle room" was a bit of an euphemism. For all we know, she could go on travelling for as long as she wants, and the episode seems to imply that she will.
She even says she's going back to Gallifrey "the long way round", which is what the Doctor said about his centuries of travels.

twitter.com/richardosman/status/787017550043475969
twitter.com/richardosman/status/787017631161352192

Does that count?
Every Dalek now has been grown from Davros' cells, assuming they haven't retconned that and I forgot about it, so.... I guess that make would make sense?

so the ruins of Gallifrey here are meant to be that place at the End of Time, right? In that case Clara can't be part of the hybrid, she never left the Tardis, she stayed inside and watched from the scanner. The only people to actually stand in those ruins were Me and the Doctor.

This.

S-sauce?

And Ashildr had nothing to do with anything we saw.

trouble is, if Clara can just travel around for centuries with no ill-effect on the universe then there was never anything "bad" about reviving her in the first place, which means the Doctor never broke his rules and he never became the hybrid. That line of interpretation goes against everything the episode trying to do.

Maybe Based Mel will appear!

Hell bent was never supposed to show the Doctor going fully through with the prophecy. It was about the doctor stopping himself before he could by finally agreeing to move on from Clara. i dont think that was what the scene was supposed to be showing. episode still has a shit ton of problems though

What a sad wank G. Howard is.

B-bait?

If it is, you are cruel user. I want Capaldman for s11 way way more than I ever wanted Tenninch for s5 or Smithy for s8.

Yeah, for some reason Moff thought it would be fun to turn the show into a depiction of a toxic age-gap relationship.

wait what the fuck, BBC america isn't showing class until 2017?

No. this 'consequences are traumatizing!' thing can have no effect on either fiction or kids.

That means it's a billions of years old prophecy which never happens and now you could easily say "oh this prophecy has not happened then it must be about something else".
Don't think about the Doctor leaving Gallifrey because of this because that makes no sense at all.

i never said it must of been about something else just that the doctor stopped it before it could fully happen. And yes it is shit that billions of years of prophecy never fully came true

Oh great, a PS scene about why the show exists.

British high schools don't have corridors like that.

Yep, very silly decision IMO.

>which means the Doctor never broke his rules and he never became the hybrid
Well, he did basically take over Gallifrey and shoot the General. The way he behaves in Hell Bent is still way outside of his usual modus operandi.
I'd say the way he resurrects her is more of a rule-breaking than the resurrection itself.

The you in that sentence was not you personally and the quote was not you personally nor was that the implication.

no *good effect

What's the reasoning behind it?

The word 'prophecy' should never appear in SF.

Or the word Moffat.

dont i feel silly

To have it on at the same time as series 10

Stupidity.

Why do you want to see Class?

The Doctor, technically, did stand in the ruins of Gallifrey. And he was prepared to destroy the universe/ web of time/ etc etc to save Clara.

"The universe is over! It doesn’t have a say anymore. We’re standing on the last ember, the last fragment of everything that ever was. As of this moment I’m answerable to no one!"

Prophesy fulfilled in that one sentence.

>Prophesy fulfilled in that one sentence.
sure Immigrant sure

bingo?
tfw when the ugly one is the gay one
p.ness self projecting i guess

Why was he prepared to do that to save Clara? She's just this monotonous smirking whore. Her entire character and relationship with the Doctor is one huge cataclysmic fucking mistake. It became a show that could imagine nothing more meaningful than some pleb bitch's feelings. The whole period needs retconning, or preferably ignoring forever.

VNA LEVEL DARK

Nice bait but I actually agree with it all.

It's not bait, I mean it, glad there's two of us.

will the bumchums in class have "full sex" ? asking for a friend

just make the new thread before I do m8

We don't know yet, but it seems likely - Ness made some reference to "a gay character with a boyfriend he kisses and sleeps with"

New adventure:

Wot? It was filmed in Britain. And looks almost exactly like my eldest son's 6th form main corridor. (I live in SE England).

Yeah...I know /who/res are all supposed to be geeky nerdish 20 something virgins, but a few of us aren't.

>my eldest son

GET ON THE NEW THREAD YA FUCKING HOMOS WE NEED ACTION FOWN DTHERE F YOU FUCKING CUTNS, FUCJING MOVE IT