Assuming studios get the entire box office gross

>assuming studios get the entire box office gross

How can you dedicate your life to movies and still be so fucking oblivious? How embarrassing tbqh.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=jLk2LBGkMd4
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Maybe they need more patreon money for research?

Ever wonder why Mike never made it to Hollywood?

>Spend all day arguing about superhero film profitability on a korean knitting board
Honestly, words kinda fail me

I can understand Mike and Jay not knowing about it being the failed filmmakers they are but how did Jack and Josh miss that? It's such a glaring flaw. I thought Jack had some actual experience in the industry and Josh seems like a knowledgeable guy in general.

I guess they really are literal hacks.

Because he's never tried to make it in Hollywood?

>RLM has no clue what they're talking about
Welcome to 2009, bitch.

To be fair most people, especially on here, are just as clueless about the economics of film production and the industry.

It was bafflingly ignorant.

Why even upload that video when they realized their mistake?
It makes it completely pointless.

Josh works at a movie theatre too.

People here don't make a living off talking about movies though. And that wasn't the only issue, the fucking video felt like they spent less than half an hour researching for it.

>let's just assume total budget is twice the production budget
>it's probably a good guess because of this one movie we didn't hear about and this other movie that was everywhere due to political issues
>these movies are widely known to have made a net loss but according to our calculations it's just the studios being disappointed by their greed

If I was Max Landis I'd probably be embarrassed at this point to be seen with these bums.

Friendly reminder a movie needs to make 1.5 trillion dollars to break even

You have a point, but RLM make a living off their comedy. Hitb, etc, are mainly for entertainment purposes.

>the fucking video felt like they spent less than half an hour researching for it
Agreed. They even said so themselves that they had little interest in the films that have come out.

It's really embarrassing.

Their whole point was to despute the "myth" that this summer was full of box office bombs.

And even if the rough estemate of production budget=advertising budget was acceptable the the studio getting the full gross part is not.

It makes the video 100% pointless. And they even reuploaded the video once because of a sound effect error but didn't other reshooting it even tought they realized their mistake because if they did, it would show how many of the movie were in fact bombs.

It would also make their calculations harder since cinemas in China keep more of the ticket money than cinemas in America for example.

Lazy hacks.

>Oh shit, we didn't do any research beyond looking at boxofficemojo.com and forgot that theaters take a cut of the revenue! Should we redo the video so we can get our facts straight?

>No, just slap an annotation on the video.

Hopefully, this video will put an end to people quoting them and repeating things they've said as fact, but probably not.

Did they actually go back and correct it? How so?

If they did the video would be pointless because they would realize most of those movies were bombs.
Why were they so lazy this time?
Their Ghostbusters and Jack and Jill videos were pretty well researched

No, they shot the video forgetting that theaters get a cut, then stuck a cheeky annotation on the youtube video saying "lol we're hacks and forgot but watch it anyway we need the ad revenue"

Oh wow. That's pretty lousy.

what video are you talking about fellas

youtube.com/watch?v=jLk2LBGkMd4

Probably their worst video yet.
It's pointless, just there for the ad money and not even funny.

Thank you, user.

Care Boars

Their recent Half in the Bag.

Of course they aren't accounting for all the people getting paid. That would be fucking stupid.

Beardfat was prepping Jessie's bull and Jack was in chemo.

>they aren't accounting for all the people getting paid
What?

just bait

gentile?

This is the video that makes me drop them for good, i go real close when they had no fucking idea talking about frames per second but his one is beyond embarassing.

>it's a Cred Forums takes an ironic comedy video at face value episode

Oh finally the it's-ment-to-be-shit excuse