I bypassed the character development!

>I bypassed the character development!

What did she mean by this?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=3ViKvHkNyqE
youtube.com/watch?v=rRfCpQx_FDE
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I'm sure any day now she will get that sweet Airforce One Character arc where she goes from saving the day to saving the day

i want to cum on her teeth

>yfw Rian Johnson B Cred Forums TFO and makes Rey turn into a sith..or ren, or whatever the fuck they call them now

hiissssssssssssssss

she's racist for not having sex with the black guy

Reylly makes you think...

She is the reincarnation of the chosen one. That's why she's an expert on everything. Still a garbage character tho. At least Anakin was halted by his massive ego

>tfw too intelligent to fall for the mary sue meme

She had knowledge on combat, survival, and language because she was has spent her whole life enduring conditions that require those skills. We, the audience, learn this in detail before she leaves Jakku.

Not falling for this.

>still obsessed ten months later

TEN MONTHS

don't worry, rogue one will be out soon and you can stop rewatching TFA daily.

H-H-H-H-HHHELLO RèDDIT

Why did she go from thinking the force was amyth to instantly being able to understand it with seemingly no training. (inb4 she got trained before she got memory wiped)

>Shes anakin reborn
>She was reborn to live a life similar to anakin and fix the mistakes he did in the past
>this is why obi wan contacted her instead of anyone else
>this is why she could do high level jedi powers
>this is why her fighting style was just like his
>this is why she could speak droid but no one else could
>this is why she could fix the MF with no training
>We are getting another "Luke, I am your father" moment in the 2nd of the 3 movies

remember when jedi mind tricks were so subtle that they bordered on power of suggestion?
>nah these aren't the droids you want don't worry about it
>credits are fine my man just take the money you flying jew rat
and not le magic destroyer of any tension or danger
>i might be completely restrained under armed guard but i can literally just make the guy do the exact opposite of what he was ordered and trained to do and it won't even wear off immediately afterwards

The problem with her being a Mary Sue isn't that it doesn't make sense (even tho it doesn't), the problem is more about her character being so uninteresting and sterile the audience doesn't care for her "struggle" at all.

Misogynist bias. Your small penis is showing.

>This is what RLM actually believe
OUR GUYS

it's a shame you can't bypass your autism

>Hate misogyny
>Visit Cred Forums anyway

gb2redit summerfag

>I trigger faggy autists

That's what she meant

>her fighting style was just like his
Where were the flips and spins?

Except in the movie she says she doesn't know why she could fly the Falcon and had never left the planet before.

>character development
>in the first part of a trilogy
What did he mean by this?

It's called The Force Awakens. Put the pieces together assburgers.

>character starts off failing at shit so they have to learn stuff and show progression
>howdoIwritecharacters.jpg
>screw that shes perfect from the beginning!

how could you seriously type that out.

I know. It's almost like she went from backwater desert hick to hero in 5 minutes. She didn't even practice on womp rats. Where was the womp rat training!!!!

>I bypassed the cervix!

Did you read the script too?

except luke was pulled along by Han and Ben, his entire arc is about choices not his skills.

he gets his ass saved by everyone else including the fucking villain.

>has spent her whole life enduring conditions that require those skills

Yeah she sure looks like it

>fresh faced girl on a harsh desert planet with no scars, signs of any real hardship of any kind

So believable. It's like all those fat out of shape nerds who think they'd survive a zombie apocalypse.

Luke was just a retard kid in ANH.. He only saved Leia because he had a hard on for her and would probably have fucked up the trench run shot if it wasn't for Obi-Wans guidance. Everything that went right in the movie was done by other people. Even at the very end of the trilogy he almost turns to the dark side and is almost tortured to death before Vader steps in.

It's like she knew to try it because she watched star wars.

Like a kid doing it on his friend for fun.

Absolutely embarrassing scene.

This guy gets it. Literally only about choices and the people doing a remake of ANH forgot that shit since they can't write women well or with flaws or anything because they're worried about criticism.

can't you just imagine her pearly white molars gnashing down on millions of your unborn children?

I guess if it wasn't a fantasy movie for kids and wanted realism for autists they could have made her ugly, scarred, malnourished and generally haggard as fuck looking.

>Obi-Wans guidance
"Use the force Luke".

gee thanks

>all those little girls in this day and age growing up thinking they can be badass warriors

lmao

You're a fucking retard

Yea, holding something up is pretty unique

Luke isn't dead you dumbass

>>all those little girls in this day and age growing up thinking they can be badass warriors

And think that it "just happens" without hard work or any effort.

This is why modern women are all so fucking useless but so self entitled at the same time.

You're severely biased in your relative views because you have an emotional investment leading you to have knee-jerk outbursts like this which confirm it all

Luke didn't fulfill the prophecy and bring balance to the force though, you double dumbass.

>>all those little girls in this day and age growing up thinking they can be badass warriors

3rd wave feminists

They all think they are entitled to greatness without any fucking work or effort.

>This is why modern women are all so fucking useless but so self entitled at the same time.
Citation needed

>And think that it "just happens" without hard work or any effort.
>This is why modern women are all so fucking useless but so self entitled at the same time.

Hey look! Women can learn Java programming without or advanced engineering without even reading a book! It's just intuitive!

WHY AREN'T STRONGK WOMYN PAID MORE!?!?!?!

Nice pseud post. Doesn't mean I'm wrong tho

>WHY AREN'T STRONGK WOMYN PAID MORE!?!?!?!

because 90% of real life women make shit tier engineers.

>inb4 the obvious answer to your question
lmao

Try not to splerg out your virgin resentment so obviously for all to see..or please do, as its precious and hilarious

>Hey look! Women can learn Java programming or advanced engineering without even reading a book! It's just intuitive!
>WHY AREN'T STRONGK WOMYN PAID MORE!?!?!?!

This is what is corrupting little girls brains in 'Merica.

You have to study and work hard to be an engineer. Nobody just figures out enigneering from nowhere with no experience.

Knowledge takes learning and effort. Women don't seem to understand this.

>She's not a Mary Sue because we know why she is a Mary Sue

Good job retard

She says "I've flown ships but I've never left the planet"

Star wars protags are always natural pilots because the Force. Are we going to bitch about how Luke's skill at piloting crop duster gave him the skill set to pilot a military grade xwing? Or how baby anakin was the only human who could pod race and then accidentally blew up the trade federation ship by goings OOPS and pressing buttons?

calm down bro, we get it, you're the angry version of the 40 year old virgin. no comedy movie about you, just a dead prostitute and life in jail in a few years

>You have to study and work hard to be an engineer. Nobody just figures out enigneering from nowhere with no experience.
>Knowledge takes learning and effort. Women don't seem to understand this.

I bypassed that!

those don't count because luke and anakin aren't girls.

they've been posting this same shit for nearly a year how do you not get that?

Both of them were males and thus didn't trigger permavirgin insecurity and splerg rants about how special women think they and don't work as hard as men...

>star wars protags are always natural pilots because the Force

You missed the whole fucking point of luke scene, congratulation.

No the force doesn't you instant knowledge on how to pilot a space ship, it doesn't teach you what button to press or the maneuvers & tactics it does however give you an advantage if you have all of those because you'll "feel when it's right to do something", like a sixth sense.

That's just bad reasoning though. You could literally just give her any skill and justify with her "hurr she learned it when she was a kid" its a bad plot device, and a large reason she was seen as a mary sue,

>and then accidentally blew up the trade federation ship by goings OOPS and pressing buttons?
Actually yes, I am going to complain about that. That was shit.

luke piloted a t-16, no one is going to defend le epic podracing boy, and under what fucking circumstances had rey been flying shit. she had to be lucky enough to find something useful on any given day just to fucking eat, so she clearly never bought any aircraft. did she steal some and go for a joyride without getting caught or killed? was she actually portion guy's personal pilot and the movie forgot to mention it?

Leeloo Dallas, Multi-pass

looks like you have some deep personal motivation to be butthurt over rey but excuse luke at any cost, mental gymnastics galore...i wonder why....so unless they laid out every detail of her background to appease your insecurity over a female lead...mary sue! mary sue! but a line about t-16 and womp rats and its okay if luke goes from moisture farmer to ace fighter pilot. got it!

lmao

tumblr pls go

Does this poster finally confirm that Rey defenders are actually just autistic?

She bypassed your Kylo Ren cosplay fantasy

He's right tho

/r/ this face zoomed in with artifacting and like 4MB big

We'll, gee. She must be linked through genetics to some family that that has a strong connection to the force or something.

I think these guys forgot they're supposed to pretend they hated TFA because , and not because they have butthurt issues over women.

He isn't tho

I'm a little late to the Force Awakens critique, but I like to let the dust settle in my head before throwing out rants.

POSITIVES:
-Poe and Finn. I enjoyed them as characters. Nothing fancy here, just found them to be more interesting than Rey
-Weasley. He was a bit over the top and too stereotypical of Empire baddies, but i found him to be a quality non-force using antagonist.

NEGATORIES:
-Rey using the Jedi mind trick. This is a subtle suggestion. Obi-wan didn't completely change the trajectory of the storm troopers looking for droids. He just convinced them that the two they had weren't the correct ones. Rey completely changed the mind of her guard. This isn't a mind trick, it's Jedi mind control.
-The entire "Han solo vs weird british aliens and big japanese mouth alien" exchange. What the fuck is this? An episode of Firefly? That entire part was dumb as shit.
-Finn constantly trying to hold Rey's hand. He was a Storm Trooper his whole life. Where would he learn that etiquette, and why assume a girl needs it? AND CAN REY STOP SAYING "STOP TRYING TO HOLD MY HAND". That was cringe.
-New female yoda. Dumb as fuck.
-The new Rebellion being called The Resistance. Didn't the Rebellion WIN?? Shouldn't they be called THE ARMY, and the First Order should be the Resistance, since they are resisting the NEW ORDER. Wtf.

GOOD, BUT WITH A CAVEAT:
- Kylo Ren. I didn't really mind him, however if he is still the angsty teen in the future, I will hate him. I anticipate a good character story line of him becoming better (more evil) and less emotional. If he just stays pissy, fuck him.

Upvote and like & share. 1 like = 1 force, 1 share = 10 forces.

Her teeth are disgusting

it means that sw fans would eat whatever shit disney throws at them

>tfw in my mothertongue "Use the force" and "Use Force" mean the same thing and the translators didn't realize this which made the movies somewhat funnier than they actually were

>Luke destroyed the fucking Death Star almost by himself while barely even trained at all

>Anakin could win a Podrace, and destroy a Droid Control Ship piloting a Naboo starfighter for the first time, at age 9

>SURPRISE, the MC for the new trilogy can do all that shit too, but Cred Forums gets mad for whatever reason

Can someone post the audition webm please?

>almost by himself

And an entire group of other trained pilots

Luke is fine. He's established as a trained pilot from the very beginning, goes through some force training and is obviously gifted with it so all that added makes sense.

Anakin is bullshit, especially Ep1 Anakin.

Rey is Anakin tier bullshit, but the actress is more likable and she's older so it doesn't bother me as much.

>daisy ridley
>capable of getting pregant

She has fucked up ovaries.

>Thinking Luke is the chosen one

That explains having a strong link with the force
That doesn't explain being able to just use the force willy nilly
Not like Luke was just straight up misleading storm troopers right after kenobi explained it to him

i bought a star wars shirt that i'm gonna wear only at home just because i think rey is cute

post pics

>muh character development

i be youre the kind of cuckold that writes buffy the vampire slayer wikis

This guy gets it.

BASED ROCCO

>not posting the real version

How one mary sue is accepted and the other wasn't?

Because 5 Element built up that she was meant to be a Mary Sue.

Exactly. Everyone is telling you she's Mary Sue before she even appears.

I wonder how many times she got raped by sandniggers on that planet before learning to defend herself

>19:31:10
>19:32:14
Really makes you think.

Ep7 feels like someone made a film about the reincarnations of lil' Anakin and ep4 Luke. You get the fairly real and likeable character that struggles his way through the film and the obnoxious, unlikeable tard who's wearing several tonnes of plot armor
At least Rey isn't a little kid. That would probably make her the absolute worst main character in any star wars film

yeah, they both pegged you perfectly and you got triggered into trying to deflect as a desperate move to save face

So here he is, the man of the hour.

TFA is objectively the best Star Wars movie ever made. Its one failing point however it that it didn't fulfill the expectation of a subgroup of the core fanbase, a group that can in laymans terms be described as dickless permavirgin aspies. These individuals got a certain expectation from the film marketing which created for them an excitement and hope to live through the Kylo Ren character as a surrogate for their fantasy world of being a badass. This expectation however was shattered in a humiliating reversal wherein a character that is best summarized as a wittle gurl, bitch slapped the shit out of this Kylo Ren character who also turned out to himself be a unflattering reminder of the personality traits of said aspies in his childish unhinged emotional outbursts.

>Luke A. Round et al. "Objective reality": Journal of Fucking Opening Your Eyes For Once 2011, pp. 419-420.

You fucked up bro, you went all in with a bitch move of a reply and it blew up in your face.

Like I see all this shit on here about Kalinjiklub or however you spell it and General Hux. And I'm forced to lmao because I have no idea who either of those people are.

>implying it's up to him

I bypassed the tit development.

People made fun of stupid Anakin all the time, just not now because the movie was 17 years ago. It's retarded how he could do all that stuff. He's not considered a mary sue because of how unlikeable he is and he's written so poorly he's barely even a character at all.
Luke wasn't better at flying than any of the other pilots, he was just a slightly better shot that the other guy who almost hit the exhaust port and missed. And that was partly because of Obi-Wans ghost.

>can't argue against it
>must be soggy knees

Pic related but replace "racist" with "sexist."

>So much effort to try deflect attention away from his true virgin loser self

>tfw mysize 64

the best around

Guys why isn't Rey even shown in the new star wars trailer? Been wondering all year what Luke was going to say at the end of TFA.

Luke wasn't shown in the TFA trailer either but sure hope he is in this one.

The New order wasn't shown either and after all the build up it feels odd.

>can't argue against it
>must be virgins

DON'T YOU KNOW BRAIN COME FROM VAGINA? CHIEF UGG TELL ME LAST TIME I TRY TO START FIRE

You're a big guy

4U

She has about as much character as Luke Skywalker ever did.

Luke was bland because he was supposed to be relatable.

Rey is so perfect at everything she can't be relatable.

I would argue that Luke was never relatable.

Somehow it doesn't seem to bother butthurt fags, the farm boy whose life experience amounts to riding a go cart around sand suddenly becomes the best x-wing pilot making an impossible shot because womp rats or that after a 5 minute crash course with a senile yoda defeats darth vader and decides he's a jedi master

But the girl who has working on, salvaging, fixing, etc space ships since she was like 5 knew how to fly and fix one of the most common freighter designs in the galaxy and managed to knock down and injure a poser sith with not much more than basic bad guy training and a few party tricks despite what you wanted to believe, also bleeding out before their fight started, and out of focus since he just killed his dad.

Could it be possible you might be biased based on some other issues?

>grew up on desert planet salvaging parts from giant run down space crafts
>bypass character development

Poor girl, to get money to buy food she had to do lewd actions to survive.

>Having a backstory = having character development
Do you even basic narrative concepts?

And that ignores the fact that her backstory makes 0 amount of sense, because I refuse to believe that someone who is a great mechanic, pilot AND combatant, is somehow still at the bottom of the barrel at an outpost that is clearly trading with various spaceships, else they wouldn't be scavenging for spaceship parts.
Oh but of course no doubt she'd have just conviniently forgot that she knows how to do all of these things while also retaining how to do them. Because that doesn't reek of Baby's First Mysterious D&D NPC at all.

Just because a work attempts to rationalize a Mary Sue doesn't mean the character isn't a Mary Sue though.

TELL THAT TO KANJI KLUB

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe Obiwan said he hated flying. He also wasn't a very good pilot, either. You actually don't see very many Jedi pilots at all, if any other than Anakin, Obiwan, Luke and Rey.

>Implying the Guavian Death Gang is British not Scottish
>Implying having a helmet with the target logo on it isn't fucking badass

Solid critique, user.

plo koon, kai adi mundi, jazpeth blekender, and kit fisto are all good pilota

oh, and i made up one of those jedi names, can you guess which??

These ones.

youtube.com/watch?v=3ViKvHkNyqE

If I had to guess, Blekender.
The "o" and "oo" sound different in Plo Koon (or at least I assume it does), and I'm pretty sure Dexter Jetster was the only Star Wars Alien (I can remember) whose name exclusively contains just one vowel.

i keked

very softly, but i still keked

Oh wait, it's Jazpeth Blekender, not just Blekender.
I done goofed.

>-Rey using the Jedi mind trick. This is a subtle suggestion. Obi-wan didn't completely change the trajectory of the storm troopers looking for droids. He just convinced them that the two they had weren't the correct ones. Rey completely changed the mind of her guard. This isn't a mind trick, it's Jedi mind control.

dumb as the movie was, i can kinda forgive this, for a couple of reasons:

one, you take story shortcuts whenever characters are like kidnapped and shit, cf. any movie where a character gets clonked on the noggin, is out cold for minutes/hours, and yet never suffers any of the typical after-effects of a traumatic brain injury. second, re: obi-wan, he wasn't making a bold, sudden escape there, he was in a crowd of stormtroopers (and presumably couldnt mind-trick them all), and didn't want it wearing off and having them on the lookout for him. rey does it to one guy out of desperation. and as for the power of the mind trick, luke isn't particularly gifted in that way (according to the now-defunct eu, anyway), but he strolled right into jabba's palace thinking that he could mind-trick jabba out of han solo, who jabba had obviously long coveted as a trophy.

they're veneers, duh

She didn't bybass character development. In episode 8 she'll be able to forcechoke Greedo from the future. In 9 she'll be able to collapse entire Galaxies with the force. Clearly a progression.

They will learn sooner or later when a man puts them in their place.
youtube.com/watch?v=rRfCpQx_FDE

>not acknowledging that a Anakin was the chosen one.

Fucking pleb

Everything about star wars is dumb as shit.
The very interesting thing that made the OT work is that luke is terrible at being a jedi at first.

He doesn't believe it, he struggles with it then his training is him messing up and being mediocre then he quits because he is impatient and wants to go be a badass and gets his ass handed to him. HE suffers physically because of it and emotionally when his buddies all get captured and shit.

He has to take all that universe in and he is very noobish at it. It shows at every turn. R2 does all the fucking legwork.

After two films and a half of him fucking a lot of things up and not upseting shit in the general order he then starts to shine and all that perseverence really made him a GOAT jedi in the end.

It's the struggle and the grind and the hurt that made the OT shine.
Anakin and rey are on easy mode. They're geniuses, naturals. Every fucking fictional character is a genius these days. It's awful.
From spock to House to Hannibal to that limitless guy it's all about not working for it.

What TFA needed was a weak, underdog, failure of a rey who gets blow the fuck out at every turn and then gradually starts to figure shit out before becoming overconfident in ep8 and getting the mandatory limb cut off and touching rock bottom before emerging GOAT in ep9.

I really hope she turns into the main antagonist and switches with Kylo ren who then redeems himself for the patricide.

That would be good writing. But I doubt they will go down that road.

You've made this thread every single day for ten months now.

>One is a literal god-like being
>One is an orphan mary sue

>Young man
Film aimed at boys
>Feels held back by his parents
Teenage rebellion setting in
>Tries to do right but isn't as capable as more established and mature men
Target audience is likely having similar experiences

You are are not just a manchild, but were a manchild in the 70s. Death nears and you are still no further forward. I'd tell you to end it, but you've already missed out on anything that might have mattered. When you fade away there won't be anything to mourn.