I highly DoUBt that

Nah

Trips or riot.

dubs

Yes. but maybe not a murderer.

My dubs confirm it

dub on em

He's an average white male

We're all just waiting patiently for the first dubs to appear in this thread so we can empty our Bateman folders.

White power dubs

>4343
does it count as doubles?
if not check these

He didn't kill anyone, and fantasized of killing. I fantasize about worst shit than that on a daily basis. He's as normal as it gets.

HOLY SHIT

I personally chose not to count those

Reddit has arrived

no the situation in gotham was really dire and going against the law and break the law was the only way to go

plus he only killed ra', talia and dent

Bane?

Did he really kill all those people?

Everyone else was the demons

dubs have been disabled

He was just a happy camper

Certainly not.
He was a product of his situation.
Everyone around him contributed.
Certain that he hallucinated half of the film.
Killed no-one, maybe just Paul Allen.

Ending scene makes sense in context.
Makes Bateman a v. interesting character anyway.

Has there seriously not been a single get in this thread yet?

this

Can a psychopath be so appreciative of music?

The odds of 0 dubs after 33 posts are 3%.

>he missed the 3434 get

I am a mod and dubs are back. Check these for proof

Czech em

"BatEman"
"Batman"
"Bate - Bane"

what did they mean by this

He wasn't. He just repeated what other people said to seem interesting.

>Psycho has the character Norman Bates
>BateMAN is a psychopath

Bravo Kubrick

dubs?

Le chekem

where are the doubles

You mean like this?

check out these trips

Check em faggs

when were doubles removed from Cred Forums?

Duuuubs

fucking finally

No he was a psychologist, that's where the name of the film comes from you goddamn idiot.

He was a representation of business culture. He fetishized the most vapid pop media, pretended to be intelligent and he viewed other humans as play things or obstacles.

>Hip to be square starts playing

American Psycho was originally a book. At the ending of the book, Bateman confesses to his lawyer everything he did, but the lawyer takes it as a joke because he had lunch with one of batemans "victims". Ironically, the book was opposed by Christian Bale's step mom, who is a well known feminist.

>considering 3434 a "get"

also, check em

It would seem so.

Check em

Let's see Paul Allen's repeating digits.

no.

What about a genericwhitemale?

How is this thread dub free?

yes, the book makes you think yes
the movie makes you think that everyone is a better psychopath than him because of the way they think of him as innocent.

he was good

Impressive, very nice.

Impressive trips

Impressive. Very nice

Checked

Check this out

Pretty much.

Book:

>Bateman attempts to confess to lawyer as you said, but during the conversation is practically being dragged away by someone else, and yells lazily that he had dinner with Allen at some point, clearly not listening to Bateman or understanding what he's trying to say

Movie:

>Similar as above but this time the lawyer is paying full attention to Bateman (because Bateman keeps forcing him back into the conversation.) He initially appears to take it as a joke but then goes dead-eyed and becomes angry when he keeps mentioning it. Eventually he says he had dinner with Allen then walks away.

Although you can interpret it similarly to the book, the implication is that in the movie, he's well aware that he killed Allen, but is deliberately covering it up like the woman in the flat, which is why he gets so pissed that Bateman won't shut the fuck up about it because from his perspective he's done him a solid.

If anything it's the other way round, in the book he thinks he's an edgy psychopath but everyone around him just views him as a bumbling autist, and his complete failure to function in his society suggests that if anything he's the opposite of a psychopath. You can certainly call him a narcissist though.

In the movie he certainly seems more like a legit psychopath, although he does some pretty goofy things there as well.

Hmmm. That's nothin.

MWAAAAH THE DUBS

he killed some people, didn't you see American Psycho 2 ?

no

well you should, it was better than the first one

I like getting drunk with my dad and randomly asking him about "yuppies" and that era. He can talk and shit on them forever and it's pretty damn funny.

Let's see Paul Allen's card

He's still bitter? After all this time?

Not bitter, but if you get him drunk enough and ask him he'll tell you about that period. He worked with them obviously, but he did not like them AT ALL. Again it's fucking funny because that world seems like some Wizard of Oz type thing.

How close were they to the stereotypes?

Were they all insufferable narcissists?

I actually sat him down and watched American Psycho with him some months ago. Aside from the murders and all that, the attitude and how people behaved hit hard. Vietnam flashbacks of a terrible time. That was the main reason he didn't like the movie, not the murders, gore and sex, but the characters in it triggered him. Again, pretty damn funny.

and yes, from him, very narcissistic, materialistic, young, didn't give a fuck about the job that actually needed to be done, busy with their "status" in that world, not helpful, not clever, just dicks.

I remember reading the book, in one scene he feels bad for a woman he thinks is homeless and drops a coin into her cup (though it turns out that she's a college student and her cup was filled with coffee). That's a clear example of him feeling empathy.

It's a dollar note you pleb.

Antisocial Personality Disorder, Narcissistic Personality Disorder, and Borderline Personality Disorder.

I think it has something to do with his past and present. He is not necessarily detached from the world as much as how detached the world is from genuineness, truth, and love. He needs this confirmation, but he doesn't know it. He is confused but at the same time relieved that someone shows emotion or love to him, genuinely.

He's just a tragic hero.

He also kills a chinese takeout boy he mistakes for a jap. He spills his spaghetti, apologizes and drops some dollarbills on the corpse before leaving.