What was the moment you knew Breaking Bad was going to be 10/10 of all years?

What was the moment you knew Breaking Bad was going to be 10/10 of all years?

Other urls found in this thread:

breakingbad.ytmnd.com/
youtube.com/watch?v=Lx8_-kpWdVo
youtube.com/watch?v=yV2IP1ZRI-w
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Fact: Cred Forums objectively went to shit after Breaking Bad ended

That's just a coincidence

Was Walter White a bad person? I don't mean a "bad guy" from a storyline perspective, I mean was he evil?

That's up to you to decide. At what point did Walter break bad, or was he bad all along?

I liked breaking bad a lot but it gets way too much hype

Walter did nothing wrong.

no. he was just a man dissatisfied with his life who wanted to feel alive.

Why was Better Call Saul S2 so fucking painfully slow? I might have been more willing to endure it if there was some payoff at the end of the season, but literally NOTHING happened in the finale either. Smdh

The only morally wrong thing Walter White ever did was tell the neo nazi's that Jesse was hiding underneath the jeep and to kill him.

he may Break Bad but he Makes Good meth

The moment from when I started watching all the way up until I watched The Sopranos.

Which I watched in its entirety between 5a and 5b, couldn't believe how pleb Breaking Bad was after I went back

When Hank finally clicked on who Walt was and confronted him in his garage, sometime in S5

What moment did you know The Sopranos was going to be 11/10 of all years?

>show is called Breaking Bad
>Walter White breaks the idea of what it means to be bad
Bravo Vince

if the shield came out at the same time as breaking bad it would have been more hyped

breaking bad didn't get hype until season 4ish

I felt the same during the first season. Its like every scene is extended by an extra 5 minutes for no reason. Every episode felt like 30 minutes of plot and 30 minutes of dicking around or chit chat

breaking bad didnt age well

I watched the sopranos first, that's why I never understood the hype behind breaking bad, I seriously think it's just bc its the first decent show that poor people who had never had premium cable saw

Not really, he was just spiteful over what happened at Grey Matter and felt that he deserved more from a world that seemed to conspire against him.

The same momment you realized it wasn't but Cred Forums was full of idiots spamming breaking bad threads

Post the "If Breaking Bad was Dexter" image relating to the plate.

this is where he broke the bad, wasting a go' 'za is objectively bad behavior

they should imprison all the ebin memesters who've since come and thrown pizza on that poor couple's roof

IMO no, he's not. In fact, he should be a very relatable character to many of us. In some ways he is like Kubrick's Jack Torrence.

He is an incredibly brilliant man who could have been destined for great things, but allowed his own shortcomings of character to take that opportunity away from him, at which point, defeated, he settles into a life of mediocrity.

So when he gets his terminal illness and big bills, he feels that life has once again betrayed him. Then he figures out that he can do what he loves to make a lot of money, but that's not really what he wants, he wants power.

So much of what people do in life are power struggles ultimately based around sex. Gretchen cucked him, and basically he held it in for a long time and then exploded. I'd say it was perfectly rational behavior and in the end he did help his family and he saved Jesse (again). He also made Jesse a man.

How much adderall are you on right now, haha, my man just wrote a fuckin essay

is this ao oni?

When he turned down Elliot's offer to pay for his medical bills.

6 sentences is not an essay
It sucks that it took turkey bacon, cancer, and a hand job to make him break bad. If he was so smart, why didn't get get another similar job? Instead of going to low paying teaching and meaningless car washing, he's not sounding so smart anymore

I absolutely hate people like you, I just want you to know that. People like you should die. If I am going to take the time out of my day to reply to something, I may as well say something, right?

I feel sorry for those of you who have grown up with the internet.

lol didn't read

Why do people here with 140+ IQ's sit here and shitpost all day?

Only because every big moment has been memed to death

god i hate you fucking someone do something people

He didnt get another job because he was entitled and felt that the world was against him. So he just wallowed in self-pity.

IIRC he also got fired around the time that Walt Jr. was born, and I imagined that he needed to start making money fast (due to medical bills and all that) so he took the easiest job he could

Walter White is a fictional character. He wasn't a real person.

Not even, he also had to go to 4 years to get a degree in teaching. What a literal cuckold.

is Dexter worth a watch? I want a new series

"no"

first couple seasons are great it drops down badly though and the last season is one of the worst things i've seen in recent years

First season is okay, every following season is a carbon copy of the first season. You can skip straight to the fourth season and miss nothing.

>It's not dangerous Skylar, I'M dangerous.

10/10 instant kino right there

Stop watching after season four

>Wow mr wyatt, that meth is truly braking bad
I got a tattoo the very same day

yes if you do this
you should go in watching it like season 4 finale is the series finale

or better yet instead of this
do this
he's right you can just watch season 1 and 4. they are the best seasons.

What happens after Season 4? Asking as someone who doesnt want to have to read a long synopsis on wikipedia

I didn't even watch much of season 5. Season 4 ending was just the natural ending for the series.

and I only say this because I know how the series actually ends and it's terrible. It could have been good but it wasn't.

How do you not feel weird and dirty for not finishing a series?

Sopranos
Wire
Deadwood
Rome
Carnivale
Mad men
Twin peaks
Six feet under

These are the only shows that has artistic value to them, breaking bad on other hand is cheap schlock

t. reddit

Just powered through it. The choice was continued suffering from watching what quite possibly became the worst thing on television by a wide margin or just feeling a little weird for a while.

Besides, season 4's ending is perfectly acceptable as an ending to the series.

The plate scene was when I thought I was watching a potentially GOAT show. The plane collison scene was when I knew I was watching well produced "entertainment at best".

The first episode of season 5 was when I knew I was watching a reddit tier pandering shitfest.

The last episode of season 5 was when I knew that I had just finished the worst show I have ever watched to completion.

>Rome
>literally "lets see how we can shoehorn these two characters into every important historical event of the era"

Its a great show, but come on user

Yeah. I wonder how i wouldve reacted to things like "I am the one who knocks" if it hadnt already been memed to death before i saw it

Cause when i saw it it just seemed so cheesy

>sopranos at 22
Fucking Christ, and people say Cred Forums is a shit board

>top 10 is all reddit shows
What did they mean by this?

>What happens after Season 4?

I still think the other seasons are worth watching. They are no where as good as the first 4 but far from as terrible as they have been painted.

but the main issue is Dexter kind of turns into a pussy. He starts to have dad issues being he has kids now. He goes to see a therapist. The killers he tracks in future eps are lame vs the early seasons. He also offs way, way less people. So more talk about trying to keep his monster lockup and not wanting to kill anymore.

They throw in a hot chick killer as a love interest and another hot bitch chick as a girl friend but people really just wanted to see Dexter taking out other killers.

>fargo
>parks and rec
>arrested development
>always sunny
I can understand south park, the wire, game of thrones and breaking bad being that high, but where the fuck is The Sopranos?

I am the one who knocks was a good scene because it was just frustrated posturing. It wasn't some "epin" line, it only became that in retrospect when it got used to marketing campaigns and printed on t shirts.

Say my name is when the show went full on upvote memecheese.

Probably pic related. Made me think that it was a clever show with a clever character so I would never be frustrated by a series of stupid decisions.

Game Of Thrones is fucking terrible. In what world can you give a pass to it being in an all time top 10?

The Sopranos is not cuckino.

remember when marie stole the shoes, and the tiara she gave skyler at her baby shower, and when skyler confronted her about it she flat out denied even knowing what skyler was talking about? and how they dropped the majority of this storyline, turning marie into the perfect wife aside from the one time she shoplifts at the open house later in the show?

It's sad to see sopranos that low, oh well

>represents how much i want to suck

I don't think they fully knew what show they were making in the early days. I can forgive bad plotlines at the start of the show more readily than I can forgive the crimes of season 5.

I don't even know what the point of her being a kleptomaniac. Is it to show that every character isn't as great as they present themselves to be?

The Sopranos is literally /ourshow/

all the normies didn't understand the ending like us

Correlation != causation

This so fucking much.
Breaking Bad had a slow pace because they would often let scenes breathe, but for some reason that really doesn't work at all in Saul. Maybe it's a problem where the stakes are lower and because it's a prequel we know what's going to happen, but that's not even it - some of the plot lines are just plain boring which is a problem I never had with Breaking Bad.

Breaking....bad? Never heard of it. I'll ask my wifes son when I get home

It was obviously only there to add stress to Skylar, she was going to turn into a complete mess later down the line so they needed to really give her no rest.

>Deadwood at 80
>Justified at 81
>Boardwalk Empire not even on the list

All memes aside friends, what exactly happened in Season 5 that made it go to shit? I hear "reddit pandering" a lot but I don't know what that means in terms of plot points in the show

i thought the whole physical therapy bit for hank was a stupid waste of time

I can see how some might feel that way, but he's just such a good actor I really enjoyed his performance.

I thought that it wasn't so much that his legs were fucked, it was because of his PTSD and that he didnt feel like he wanted to get back to work. So he had to work up the motivation to actually fix his legs

You sound like a poor little whiny twat, probably the type of nerd that always got picked last in gym and at recess, didn't get any pussy until you were about 25 or older, I feel sorry for guys like you sir

>he likes BWE

KEK

More like My Wifes sons empire amirite senpai

I hate these threads. Cred Forums seems to think the Sopranos is thhis perfect, masterful work of genius and you can't claim to like it and Breaking Bad at the same time. Well I like both shows and if you cant admit Breaking Bad was a great show youre just a contrarian

It'd be neat if they wrote and planned ahead rather than by the seat of their shorts.

>all the normies didn't understand the ending like us
explain the ending then. And do it without using the words "cuck" "reddit" or "pleb"

I like story bits like that, you enjoy and get to know a character more in the moments when "actual" storyline and plot isn't happening.
I could watch years of The Sopranos if it was just meandering between Tony, his family, and his friends. The way they interact is so good. I liked Hank and Marie

I guess because of how quickly it changed.

Also the whole thing with Walt being found out by Hank was very silly.

I don't hate s5 but it was pretty mediocre
>cliffhangers practically every episode
>nazis were stupid and so was lydia(they had no depth)
>dumb moments like magnets and gun in the finale
>Jesse becoming a plot device

Granite state and ozymandias were the only highlights of s5

People focus way to much on walt the best part of the show was Hanks journey. Him overcoming his fears, slowly building the case against gus, finding out about walt and not drawing it out at all but putting it all out there the first time walt brings it up.

Also Walt became a caricature

When he showed up

Jesse was the more interesting character for me, until they just gave up and relegated him to a plot mover near the end

everything until S3 when the entire thing tanked hard

How about, what was the worst part of the show?
Easily season 2's plane plot what the fuck

it didn't go anywhere though, he just dies.

the entire thing was one long buildup and a massive pair of blue balls

"plot"

Well he was suppose to die early in the show, he was just suppose to be his way into the drug world. But people loved him and the show got a catch phrase "Bitch" so they kept him. Thats why his early story is better its more fleshed out.

breakingbad.ytmnd.com/

>dude lets make planes crash on air
What were they thinking? Did such a bullshit event even happen in the history? Even if it did it was probably during landing/takeoff, no way two planes collide on air.

"737" "Down" "Over" "ABQ"

now thats a Brave Vince momentâ„¢

No if you watch the scene its a direct copy of what happens to gus and his brother when they went to see the cartel. When walt falls to the dirt its in the exact same way that gus did at the pool. Its a perfect ending as he has fully become gus, his decisions have affected the people he love, his family.

Reddit Bad
Breaking Reddit

>slowly building the case against gus

Walt literally told him to go after gus

>Hank was Walt's buttbuddy

I don't remember that sub-plot

>its a Cred Forums shits on something that got too popular episode

You don't remember all the heart to hearts they have and shit like that? They were really close the whole show until hank finds out what are you talking about?

>episode title: Ozymandias
>from the poem: "...on the sand,
Half sunk, a shattered visage lies"

bravo

when did that happen remind me?

He still had to gather proof and the whole Gal thing, driving to the laundry while lying about mineral shows. It was great.

>was about to successfully talk himself out of this situation
>decided to take the violent route anyway
>gets his shit pushed in

Really highlights the mentality of the average latino male. Trump is right we have to send them back.

He went out of his way to show the similarities. Its almost the exact same situation

s02e02

Tuco kidnaps Jesse in Jesse's car and uses him as bait to lure Walt out of his house. He takes them to Hector Salamanca's house and leaves them in the boot. When Tuco opens the boot, Walt fantasises that it's Skyler.

>"Hey Walt, lets go to this laundry."
>Walt crashes the car
>Hank doesnt get suspicious

what a wild ride

why do they expect me to pay attention and remember stuff like poses?

he also melted a few bodies
shot and killed a few people
ran over 2 folks
poisoned a mexican
let jane die

Thanks

wow surface level symbolism

babo bince

>Nit pick what was suppose to be a comedy part of the show.

Also thats the fucking point everything he is looking for is right in front of him but he almost refuses to believe it until he is forced to.

That was a hyper retarded moment
Walt is just driving, has no way out and suddenly rams into a car and they're in the hospital in about 5 seconds
I almost burst out laughing

>all literal drug dealers/users

He was doing a service to society

I'm so glad Jane died before she could fuck up Jesse

>sopranos that low

wow reddit isn't so bad after all

yes it has happened.

>/ourshow/
>not /ourthing/

one FUCKING job!!

Certainly doesnt feel like a comedy segment.

youtube.com/watch?v=Lx8_-kpWdVo

The scene in season 2 where Walt parks his car in front of Hank's camera crew while that shenanigans with Badger is getting sorted out was comedy.

>he also melted a few bodies
How is that even wrong at all, they're already dead who gives a fuck
>shot and killed a few people
Ok
>ran over 2 folks
They were gonna kill Jesse iirc, had to do it
>poisoned a mexican
Knew the kid wouldn't die so it's fine
>let jane die
That was actually mega fucked up and just wrong. He did that purely to manipulate Jesse, even if he felt guilty about it and he didn't have much choice to get him back on his side, she didn't deserve to die just for being a junkie.

>he likes the sopranos

wew lad

Below Avatar the Last Airbender and Futurama

Typing pizza as 'za really fucking triggers me

a wrong, thieiving junkie who was out to screw our hero Walt and our buddy Jesse as soon as possible. She'll one time just get a dumb thought in her head, "what if I take the money and leave jesse?" and that's all it will take for her to do it. She won't think ahead, weigh consequences, that's not what women do. It doesn't FEEL good to deny yourself something like being a total cunt

oh it would have been abysmal if it was almost any other character, Hank was one of the better characters and actors to be in that situation

I know this, but it still felt needless

>that's not what women do

back to the containment shed my boy

You have to go back

>the kid was a drug dealer
Nah, and manipulating your partner by almost destroying a part of his new life is pretty shady

The kid didnt even die, I thought people on this board understood Walt's master plan

Vince and, by extension, Walt had no master plan

>I thought people on this board understood
lol

>all that newshit on top of the list of BESTEST SHOW EVAR

fuck it's true: reddit is just full of impressionable, trendy idiots isn't it?

>go' 'za
what the fuck?

Hey whats up Reddit?

fucking LOST

that fucking high up. Whatever, public poll I guess

Read
>almost destroying
I didn't say he died, but it's obviously a shitty thing to fuck with Jesse's emotions like that, especially after he's getting his life back together post-jane.
Unless you're talking about another level of his scheme which I'd be thrilled to hear about.

>just Typhus, bro

Would be higher here which pretty much means that this place is shittier than reddit.

>Not knowing Chicago style pizza
Fucking tourists

das it mane

I like Better Call Saul better.
I liked Breaking Bad when I watched it, although the last two seasons could have been a bit better. After I watched The Sopranos, it pretty much ruined all other TV shows for me.

>Reddit personified

/scpg/ forever fags

Prove it.

The funniest thing about this show was that Walt was this law breaking, asshole, murdering scumbag, and all the 12 year old fanbois get upset at Skylar because she has the common sense to say stop it. lul

Chicago deep dish pizza fucking STINKS.

>all day
most of us have jobs.

>Twin peaks
I think you mean
>Twin Peaks Season 1

You're welcome.

>The last episode of season 5 was when I knew that I had just finished the worst show I have ever watched to completion.

O or 10 with you huh?

I'm not one to jump behind the "reddit opinion" meme but fucking hell /r/television.

I don't make a habit of watching garbage. Breaking Bad is the worst show I've finished by a long way. I'd say it represents the bare minimum of watchability. Although if the first 2 seasons were as bad as the last 2 I would have stopped watching after just a few episodes. All that kept me going was residual investment from the time when I still liked the show.

Wow you have such a refined pallet my man.

Why would you waste time on something that's bad? Breaking Bad taken as a whole is around the level of a 6/10. (season 5 being a 3/10) I don't understand why you'd watch anything worse than that and not just drop it for something better.

Me too, i'll never see anything better

I'm with you, man. I, too, attempt to add something to a conversation beyond yes/no/good/bad in all their variety.

You sound so careless in contrast.

Sopranos has infinite depth too. I just finished my 30th viewing of the entire show and it gets better after every single rewatch. Unlike Breaking Bad and the like which can't even hold your interest for a second viewing.

Sopranos digs deeper than any other show, SAYREIOUSLY.

Everybody's struggles in that show are so faceted and real. They genuinely seem like real people; Walter seems like comic book fiction in contrast. This is not to sat that BB is a bad show. It is very good in its own right.

Sopranos is just another dimension.

She could have left, she could have taken the kids, she could have gotten Hank or the police involved, but instead she just cheats on him, then tells him to buy a car wash.
You're also pretty naive to think that the right thing = the most entertaining thing. She's an obstacle for our main character to get over, she's supposed to be shitty and annoying, we're watching a guy sell meth. If we were watching Breaking Good or something, she wouldn't be as shitty a person because she would be part of what we're watching the show for.

tried to rewatch breaking bad again and it's just so sad, I can't stop thinking about how The Sopranos would have done it better. Did it just have better writers? Higher standards? More time between seasons to work on things?

It was set in another time, first and foremost. Early 2000s were still very, very different to when Breaking Bad came out.

Sopranos digs its claws deeper over time, you can't be a hit series today without leaving everyone gasping after every episode. The effect is different: It is, maybe, in the instant sense, more entertaining, but it doesn't stick.

Can't wait for 10 minute episodes hit series' when all these media outlets have produced nothing but pseudo-ADD retards.

>The X-Files
>47
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

BE went to total shit after s2.

>Fact: Cred Forums objectively went to shit after L O S T ended

fixed

the fact that he did that in one take makes it a 10/10 show

Why wasn't this a comedy? This is funnier than any of your wires and sopranos. I'd rather have one 11/10 character like Walt than a cast of 9/10s

I want to cuddle with Skyler or Marie. Both are fetish fuel in their own ways.

ok duterte

Do you have the Cred Forums version?

It's the same except replace breaking bad with the sopranos, and game of thrones with the wire

This is the real truth. Lost ended in 2010 and Breaking Bad had only started in 2008. That's when things went to shit. That's also around the time when Reddit exploded and internet memes wen't mainstream and everyone on Cred Forums became a contrarian

>Sense8
>Daredevil
>How I met Your Mother
>The Legend of Korra
>Veep
>RuPaul's Drag Racec
>Psych

>All time favorite shows

Was there a second 'za? This could change everything.

probably something to do with the video frames

He killed like 30 people , put his family in danger multiple times, especially Hank , and emotionally ruined and manipulated Jesse

He was a pretty awful person all around

The woman who owns and lives in this house constantly has pizzas thrown on her roof btw

When I discovered that jesse little brother was a weed smoker.

45 minutes of chasing a god damn fucking fly around a meth lab

breaking bad is reddit garbage

simple as that

I was watching brba before it was hyped

i just miss all the OC that came with it while we were watching it together

It's impossible for Cred Forums to be contrarian, it's not just one person.

>no trip

i hate you even more than regular tripnigger krager

>all the normies didn't understand the ending like us

Yes I fucking hate trying to explain to plebs how tony didn't die

some pizzas have pieces of cardboard in the box under the pizza to absorb grease

Thats the fucking dipping sticks nigga.

DIPPING STICKS

youtube.com/watch?v=yV2IP1ZRI-w

Funny. That's the exact moment I knew Breaking Bad was going to be terrible.

There are maybe 2-3 good moments in its entire run, the rest is just boring filler. That tells you exactly how good it really is.

first half of season 2 > season 1 > second half of season 2

He had multiple opportunities to get cancer treatment and ensure his family's financial stability without engaging in unlawful behavior.

Instead he chose the path that fed his underlying narcissism, the one that made him feel important. He sacrificed his family's future because he didn't want to be seen as an emasculated failure who capitulated to the colleagues of his who built an billion dollar empire without him.

Walter's pride killed hundreds of people, and ruined his family.

He was going to die anyway, now his family is taken care of for generations. Anybody who died except maybe Gale would have died anyway, they're druggos, beatniks, stoners.

>get cancer treatment and ensure his family's financial stability without engaging in unlawful behavior.
Not within the couple years he was going to die, dumbass, you don't "cure cancer" like that. Especially not in 2004.

You forgetting how Elliot and Gretchen, who are fucking millionaires, offered to pay for the treatment, along with giving him a far better job?

Also it takes place in 2008, dipshit.

Is this the most Kino episode of BB?

based

walt should have killed more people

alternate OP titles.

"Post the moment you dropped a show because you realized it was reddit tier"

Hey, faggot, Walt strangled someone in episode 3, it took Tony Soprano until episode 5 to stop being a pussy and do it. AND Sopranos is HBO, Breaking Bad was only AMC