Brit here. How realistic are American high school movies?

Brit here. How realistic are American high school movies?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=TM0HTU9dRvk
twitter.com/AnonBabble

not at all
it's like asking how realistic spy movies are.
hollywood. you know.

CAUSE IM IN TOO DEEP

Not at all.

Maybe parts of American Beauty

Depends on where you go to school and when. 99 to 03 vegas these were pretty accurate.

Also over here in America its common to get consecutive dub postings

Not very. It's mostly just google noise and shenanigans and a few white kids trying to keep their heads down and not get targeted

They're very highly exaggerated, but obviously there is some reflection of reality, and they've affected kids' expectations going into highschool now too so some kids will emulate them.

from my experiance:

1) Jocks tended to be pretty cool and bro-tier. Cheerleaders were also really cool and friendly. I was friends with a few and I was in the sort of metalhead crowd.
2) Cliques in general didn't really exist, people talked to and hung out with whoever
3) There wasn't any stereotypical bullies. There were dumbasses and assholes, sure, but there never were anyone who dedicated their lives to harassing a single or group of people
4) Lockers existed but weren't used because of incidents with fireworks
5) Yeah, the food was shitty

Depends on where your high school was. I grew up in Maryland from 2005 to 2009 for HS and besides a few parties, it wasn't all that crazy. Cliques aren't ingrained as much as 80's and 90's films like to portray. Some of the best bros were jocks. They were as much anime and gamer fans as the guys who played Magic and Yugioh. Nobody bullied each other because people would call it out. I remember one incident where this hot junior girl tore a new one into this jerkish sophomore who was picking on a freshman.

College is where you really have fun in the US. At least it was for me because Syracuse was fun as fuck. That's where you have outrageous parties and other memorable shit happen to you.

To high school in the 80's and 90's? Pretty spot on.

Jakey Jakey, about to make a big mistakey.

What year did you go to HS? Your experience was exactly like mine except for lockers.

I remember back in 2007 there was this huge drug raid in my school. The cops showed up with dogs to sniff every locker. My ex-gf was in a bathroom stall and overheard this girl frantically calling her dealer to pick her up from school and pose as her uncle so that she could bail with the weed. Meanwhile, some dumbass decided to dump his stash down one of the heating ducts which would cause trouble later on.

>No movie accurately represents the daily nigger chimpout in todays schools

No realistic at all

Some racist facts coming through for your viewing pleasure

This. As a military brat who moved around every four years it depends on where you go to school. Some schools have teachers watch the hallways during transitions so something like this could never happen, others have zero tolerance policies, but I can see others being wild like in the movies.

I graduated 04 and cliques really didnt exist

Most of the football players were drug addicts though, but I lived in a rural area where pain pill addiction was really skyrocketing at the time.

One of my college buddies told me that in his podunk town from Ohio, all you had to do was act all innocent and tell the teacher that they were just having a discussion. He said there was a literal psychopath who had instant charm with the adults, but would terrorize the shit out of anyone that got in his way. And he made sure that he was never caught. He was lucky that this was around the early 00's when smartphones lacked the good cam tech to capture his shit. There was even a rumor that he was the one who shot and killed a classmate's dog with a metal BB. Couldn't prove it however.

>How realistic are American high school movies?

Not at all.

There aren't clear delineation of social groups like that.

Chads are better human beings in real life than the nerds or underdogs.

youtube.com/watch?v=TM0HTU9dRvk

>randomly bringing up crime by blacks in a thread about high school
Did you get bullied by a nigger, cuck?

Most aren't, but Superbad is.

project x

On a scale of 1 to 10

This is what reddit also told me. If you're bullied etc it's because you're a piece of shit who deserves it.

>tfw friends with all the chads and athletes because you made them laugh
>tfw girls didn't laugh at your jokes
>tfw you didn't talk to them because of that
>tfw they all thought you were gay
What a trip.

Stop projecting you fucboi, I didn't grow up in the US of A

Thank god, I live in a civilized European Country with a white majority

Although we do have a growing camel jockey problem

>tfw only cared about video games and MTG and shit but dad made me play sports
>was pretty good and made friends with the jock dick heads so they never picked on me
>got them to stop fucking with my nerd friends
Good feels.

All of the awful stuff happens in middle school where the kids try to act out how they imagine high school kids to be. High school ended up being way more relaxed and friendlier.

You're trying way too hard, gotta be more subtle my little newfag

literally me

in LAUSD.

we had drug sniffing dogs every once in a year, too, but nothing really that interesting happened, at least from what I remember.
There was a riot once, though, that was cool.

Ausfag here. I remember wondering as a kid what i would put in my 'locker' when i went to highschool. Sure enough, when i went, my HS had lockers, but the only thing keeping in them was ants, spiders and geckos. I think they were only ever used temporarily by some people, but for what, i have no idea.

Sweet sister

ironically the only reason movie-tier bullying shit ever happened was because kids going into high school thought that's what it was actually like and they did it

those are the same kids that ended up getting bullied by the seniors and juniors too

prep my bbc white boi. good sissy cuck

I bet there's a lot of truth to this.

Did writers in the 80's and 90's actually believe that every bully was this vicious irredeemable sociopath? My best buddy and former roommate from college was admittedly an asshole to a lot of people in HS, but he was cool as fuck to everyone in undergrad. I never would've thought he was capable of that shit until the night he was piss-drunk and told some of us.

Why does everyone keep posting Moot's dad?

i think the common idea was that they just wanted acceptance but didn't know how to socialize beyond throwing some other kid under the bus for laughs

i guess i depends on what kind of movie it is

If anything, there's more sex and violence

>was the English version of a jock at school
>knew all the biggest dickheads and was good friends with them all
>was friends with the nerdiest kid in school, sat next to him in English
>made sure all my mates didn't give him and his friends any shit
>the look that my nerdy friend gave me made me feel like a good person for once

High school in the 80's was like the wild west. There were no safe spaces.

Cliques were more ingrained in my highschool because of scheduling. The jocks, the band geeks etc all stayed with each other throughout the day.

This right here. Class of 98'.

DOPE does

I have autism and other issues from a total alcoholic 40 year old giving birth and I was pushed around, the target of flying objects, insults, etc every week. I wasn't in special ed so it was somehow acceptable to fuck with me. Always managed to avoid real "let's make this kid bleed" full on fights so that's nice I suppose.

the culture that high school movies depict is what middle school/junior high is in real life

>me on the floor

But in all seriousness, highschool movies, especially those made before the facebook generation, are pretty damn accurate.

except ALOT more niggers.

>started playing football in 2nd grade because i wanted to be a barbarian/ork and football is pretty close
>kinda sorta friends with other football guys because weve played football for a decade together
>real friends (nerdlings) think im a god because i go to football parties and have sex

>have a small group of 4 friends during high-school
>we know each other not that well, but we like each others company and play cards all the time during break
>pretty chill guy
>dont dislike anybody, be able to hold a conversation with all classmates and we had fuckhuge classes
>people dont dislike me
>its all ok i guess
>highschools over
>group of 4 quietly disbands
>i keep in touch with 1 of them
>drink beers together every so often

Seriously, highschool was just ok. Nothing amazing, nothing bad. Just never felt the need to be 'rebel' or something.

How does it feel to be the jock in a small town? Where everyone thinks you're a hero and all the girls want your dick? How does it feel to sneak off with the head cheerleader to make love in the cornfields?

That's like a really comfy, almost mythical idea of American life in my head.

Did any of you experience it?

Black guy here. I wonder this too about white high schools.

Did you guys really have that "queen bee" type of bitchy girl or is that just hollywood?

took it for granted because of textbook narcissism. i really woke up once i went to college and realized there were 1000 other highschool quarterbacks with head cheerleader gfs just like me

ALL THE OTHER KIDS WITH THE PUMPED UP KICKS

There are girls who think they're that girl, but most people are pretty down to earth.

Who else /thatguyeveryonewasfriendlywithandtalkedtofrequentlybutneverwenttopartiesorshitlikethat/ here?

I had a few friends and we would hang out but for whatever reason I never went and partied and drank or whatever with them. Still hung out with them and played vidya a lot and that though.
Was in high school from 2006-2010 and it wasn't like movies in any way, but I went to a tiny school with a graduating class of 62 students.

GTFO you goddamn liberal cuck.

my dad cruised around in a hotrod with cucks girlfriends for hours since gas cost nothing back then. he didn't even fuck half of them but apparently it pissed their boyfriends off. maybe he's lying but I don't see why since it was a small rural town and he was a hotshot wrestler with awards and pics

Yes. There was a triumvirate of Queen Bees in my school. Each with their own captain of a sports team.

>Black guy
But you were probably the best friend of the White nerd she constantly tormented. How can you not notice?

Class of 99 here. Can confirm. I went to 2 HS as we moved.

Both the same. The jocks and cheerleaders were actually the smarter ones by and large. No real bullies. Occasional fights. Typically if you were friendly with others, you'd be accepted.

High school in TV and movies are usually written by geeks who pretend the others were the problem when in reality, they were the ones who were stuck up assholes.

Glorious.

?

> be weird artsy theater kid all my life
> got broken up with right before class and couldn't handle it
> tfw all the football players and cheerleaders in my next class consoled me instead of doing the group test
It was nice. I have only met one asshole jock be had a behavioral issue, so why do we always try to portray them as bad guys?

Never got laid and thought everyone else did
In reality nobody got laid except for a few retarded chad dudebros. And girls didn't know how to have sex back then, yet media pushed them to fuck around. It's probably worse now, and contingent on what class of neighborhood you live in.

And always thought being a patient nerd would turn out well - it did. STEM degree job with fuckhuge paychecks, gym membership to undo eating shit for 4 years of HS and the few of college. Nerds and stoners (or musical faggots) were also friends and intertwined members, so "party life" portrayed in film is somewhat accurate, again dependent on location. Don't nail broads daily but it feels good being picky about my women and turning some down, completely opposite of HS life. Post-HS jocks and chadbros do probably nail sluts on the daily now with tinder, but I've learned not to give a shit and sit in contempt since they don't have a college education, or a fuckton of student loans to pay off.

Remember when Captain America played Freddie Prince Jr?

Graduated a few years ago

>jocks were friendly to everyone
>half the teachers were bros too
>cliques definitely existed, but most were accomadating enough to hang out with anyone, for example the three Indians in my high hung out at the big goth table next to two nerds
>everyone liked you if you were funny, though that doesn't always mean you had friends
>black people were mostly bros too, though there weren't very many

Guess it could depend where you live, but I think most teens are willing to hang out with anybody

Didn't Rogen and Goldberg grow up in Canada though?

>tfw all the football players and cheerleaders in my next class consoled me instead of doing the group test
That sounds really made up. Why are you roleplaying?

technically he was playing Ali Larter then

>funny guy in high school
>long hair, sideburns, rarely shave
>look like fucking Shaggy
>everyone thinks I'm a huge stoner
>close friend know I hardly smoke
>nothing against it, just thrifty
>one day the #6 girl in the class tried to buy weed from me
kek my buddy sold cocaine too.

I had sort of the same experience, except I made all the girls laugh, but that lead to them always gossiping with me and shit, so they thought I was gay.

Nah I was a fucking mess at the end of the day and it was a small school so everyone sort of knew each other and cared. Also helps we had a girl kill herself at school the year before if we are being honest.

If you go to high school with a lot of blacks, you never get in a fight with one, because every other black within earshot will come join in on beating you.

>girls didn't know how to have sex back then

I can assure you they did. Girls are just as perverted as guys. Maybe moreso.

>want to have a comfy high school topic
>some turboautist takes this as yet another opportunity to complain about niggers

Not very much sempai

It's Friday night. No school tomorrow for Cred Forums.

>white "people"

should all be gassed t b h f a m

I don't think I understand what happened here.
Did that chick beat up some twink and then run away from his girlfriend?

she ran away from the teacher

Superbad aka inbetweeners rip off... fucking LAME.

Superbad more like superbitch, fuck you Seth Rogen you fucking hack.

That chick's cute and so is her underwear.

>that fucking coach
That movie is goat

I was black and had autism, but everyone including the jocks were pretty cool with me, except a few Russians and other black kids. I think part of the reason was because of that and I was great with sports.

Is this the last great teenmoviekino?

very realistic. not for me though. i spent the summers alone watching movies all day and night. that's why Cred Forums is one of my fave boards. i made friends with guys who knew i was a loner in school later in life. here's what i get from what they told me. accuracy scale...
>breakfast club (8/10) everybody got detention no matter what clique nobody was perfect
>kids (9/10) most guys i know lived this movie in high school minus the hiv
>fast times at ridgemont high (9/10) probably the most accurate depiction minus the abortion
situation high school movies are the only ones that aren't accurate. e.g. She's All That for obvious reasons.
>high school musical (10/10) my high school theater class friends say this is the most accurate representation of american high school

its okay man. nobody actually liked the kids bussed in from the inner city, they just knew they could get drugs

The big lockers that bullies like to trap people in don't exist at any school I've ever been to.

Went to a catholic school. We had sort of hybrid cliques so everyone could kinda get along. There were the jock-stoners, jock-prep, jock-nerd, nerd-stoner. It was more of a gradient.

But I mean hey I was up for winter-royalty so that was cool. I was also one of the only that had could have parties. And throwing parties and bring the fat and funny on the football team guy didn't get me laid a lot by any means, but it got me 3 solid GFs I had good times with. I actually ended up being nomimated for winter-royalty so that was pretty cool.

>mom asks if you are gay

:(

>not one mention of Freaks and Geeks
Thats probably the most realistic to my high school experience

fucking jews at our school had you pay 100 bucks for a locker wtf

these movies were made by jews who were dorks in high school. their depiction of normal kids as bullies is just a baseless smear to get back at them for being more successful with girls

I GUESS THIS IS GROWING UP

This. Idk where "jocks are dumb" stereotype came from because you see many of them in honors classes

Was that the teacher chasing her?

>that really political guy who was on the debate team
Fuck off Adrian nobody wants to hear the ten ways you'd fellate Obama.

It's been said but these things are written from the perspective of the weird/nerdy kids

most of my friends were jocks and most of them were in advanced/AP classes and etc. Some dumbasses in sports but there were dumbasses everywhere else too

cheerleaders were actuallys sluts though, not the like preppy sluts who hang out with the chads but just trashy girls. Football team all actually fucking hated the cheerleaders and whenever they performed the cringe was real

I can't recall being involved in any form of bullying at all. Actually once this weird kid attacked one of the more popular football guys for literally no reason, like the kid jumped on his back and was trying to scratch him and bite him and shit. Dude just threw him on the ground and that was it

I didn't but all my best friends were exactly that, atleast in the "small town hero star athlete" thing

I'm kinda glad I didn't experience it personally, one of my friends who was like a turbo-chad stud football player is fucking chronically depressed now in college because he's not playing anymore.

All of them admit to HS football being the best time of their lives and that it'll never get better than it was then. Pretty sad honestly

Do wish I was a college football star though, because holy shit. One guy I know is a fucking back-up kicker and he still pulls because he can say he's on the football team, and he gets to go to all the "cool college kid" parties just cause he's on the team.

The sport elitism is way stronger in college. My wrestler friend got us into the biggest party of the year exclusively because he was a wrestler, and like who gives a fuck about wrestling?

Nice trips

ironically all the political people at my school were cuckservative, except certain girls

Lacey was my first crush in that space movie desu