That one friend who refuses to watch foreign films because they don't want to have to read subtitles

>that one friend who refuses to watch foreign films because they don't want to have to read subtitles

me

So the majority of westerners

I know someone who won't watch them because they can't read fast enough

>that one friend who tries to make others foreign films because he thinks they are all good

>that one friend who turns on CC even for English films because he's a deaf fucking faggot

I'm glad that my friends are cool with me doing this

so retards

>i say westerner i enjoy gook cartoons XDD

>on Cred Forums on a friday night
>having friends
yeah sure guys I totally believe you ;^)

I just giggled because I was in Maine recently at my friends and we binged Generation Kill.

He loved the show so much but never stopped whining every 15 minutes about the subtitles

>t man with uncultured friends

>I know someone who won't watch them because they can't read fast enough
I know most people who give this reason
Its kinda fucking insane how people who have english as their first language in the first world read this slowly

>not learning a new language simply to enjoy a country's renowned cinematic history

Vous etes tous des plebes.

Why don't americans do voice overs?

My friend who I live with went to a rave to take ecstasy and I disapproved so I stayed at home :c

We're too busy dubbing anime for weebs on adult swim

There's not really a market for it.
I don't think there's a big demand to have Mustang or Paradise Now dubbed in English.

Awful grammar.

OP here.
What gets to me is for non-English speaking countries, the biggest film market (Hollywood) produces nothing but "foreign films" and they just deal with the subs.
Like, my mom is from Spain so something like RoboCop is, to her, a foreign film that she has to watch with subs on.
But my friend's gf couldn't sit through Inglorious Basterds because "there's too much reading"

This is my mom

[spoilers] I don't have any friends :(

What about Taxi and Asterix and Obelix?

Why are subtitles always at the bottom of the screen? There has to be some directors that don't want the audiences' eyes to be focused on the bottom of the screen for the entire movie. Why don't more directors insist on dynamic subtitles? Too much time/money?

I can sense your virginity from here.

You would never have my respect or any of your group of peers, until you take some LSD and slap a hooker.

My friend watches anime, and talks non stop about final fantasy and overwatch

He's only going to this place to impress some drugged up slut he is attracted to. I'm all up for getting ridiculously fucking drunk and maybe pretty high, but MDMA is too far. Especially for him, because I know for a fact that he's gonna start taking it every day because he's retarded like that.