Elite level stand up

>elite level stand up
>picks shit tier films

Why?

Comedians almost always become shit with age if they're good young, and become good with age if they're shit young

>Birdman

And he wouldn't be as big as he is if he hadn't taken The Hangover (only saw the first one but it had its moments).

because he can make decent money.

>Our slogan is 'Come on down, don't be such a faggot!'

What did he mean by this?

>zach "oh please hillary let me suck your clenis" galafiniakis
>elite

>Birdman
>good

That's not stand up though.

He was. Dinkus

Between Two Ferns isn't stand up though and he was only called an elite level stand up in the OP.

Money.

He used to do stand up. It was pretty decent, too. Never really came off as typical standup though, he incorporated a lot of dada-esque sketch comedy into the routine, so it stands to reason that he would eventually transition into doing that sort of thing full time.

>elite level stand up
he's garbage as fuck. he's offensively unfunny. im almost sure his entire career is the product of nepotism. he's related to someone in the business because its weird for anyone to be so unfunny and still have a career. elite level stand up are you fucking kidding me? i saw him do stand up once. he came on stage with a pad and marker to draw shit. fucking drawings are part of his humor. jesus christ i wish i could forget it but i cant. some things are just so bad you remember them. fuck.

This is bait.

>he doesn't get alt comedy

I hope you enjoy the new Kevin Hart movie.

Same problem Pryor had.

m o n e y

its not about getting it. i get what hes getting at it just isnt funny. and while i wont enjoy the kevin hart movie ill at least appreciate the fact that he approaches comedy the right way and doesnt try to act like being weird is funny. i mean i get that galifa-whogivesashit is being different it just isnt funny.

but hey, comedy and its appreciation is subjective. so i wont fault you for enjoying it. i can only speak for myself and my experience. and my experience was that he was fucking awful. i also firmly believe his career is the product of nepotism.

Remember when he threw a temper tantrum on the set of Hangover 2 and got Based Mel Gibson fired from the movie?

>he threw a temper tantrum on the set of Hangover 2

This never happened.

>shit tier
G-Force was kino

>says his agent's secretary after the incident is quashed.

The whole thing originated from Zach Galifianakis mentioning "they're doing something I don't like" on Hangover 2 while he was a guest on Comedy Bang Bang.

Then a few days later, the announcing and the almost immediate cancellation of Mel Gibson's cameo happened.

Some Mel fans interpreted Zach's comments recorded days earlier as referring to Mel Gibson cameo. Zach has denied that was what he was talking about, and he didn't even have prior knowledge of the potential Mel Gibson cameo.

>fuckin hangover 2 aficionado over here

dude i was joking. i dont care if galifanutsack raped gibsons daughter. i dont even like the hangover series.

I only remember because I heard the CBB episode on the day it was released, and I too thought "was this what Zach didn't want to happen on Hangover 2" when the news of Mel Gibson cameo came out a couple days later.

>waaaah this person does not agree with my opinions!

All the comics make shitty movies

"I need poop jokes and funny noises or it's not comedy" the post

alt comedy = being intentionally unfunny

>cuz thats exactly what that post says
whatre you drunk or retarded? my opinion is he isnt funny. you dont have to try to prove to me that hes funny just so you dont feel like a faggot for enjoying his comedy. youre already a faggot anyway. dont try to convince me this one man broadway play is funny. i have my opinion and you have your shitty opinion. leave it at that.

>Dane cook is the best of all time bro
>you don't even know bro your gay bro
>what you like well written concise material ha gay bro ur a fag

did i trigger you with my honesty?

keep saying stuff i never said.

i listen to stanhope, norton, oneal, and burr.

real comedians.

Woah!!
Stanhope AND burr
I'm sorry I didn't know I was addressing royalty please allow me to roll in dog shit as penance

I was just talking about him today. He was far and above the greatest modern standup, and then he just stopped. I never hear anyone talk about him as a standup, nothing. Why would he do this?

And to the people in the thread saying alt-comedy=not funny ironically, that's not true. You should actually watch his stuff, it is really brilliant and there are actual jokes. He tells real jokes, like Hedberg.

One of my faves:
I saw that show the Amazing Race....I assumed it was just going to be about white people.

you should roll in shit for trying to convince anyone their opinion isnt valid just because they dont agree with you.

now go watch some jeff dunham ya fucking faggot. you like your comedy with props and men in leotards.

>I saw that show the Amazing Race....I assumed it was just going to be about white people.

That's not funny and there's nothing even technically interesting about that joke.

It is funny, and the interesting thing about the joke is in the delivery, the overall tone of the act, the placement of the joke within the act, and the fact that most people would not make that joke or would find it offensive when he made it 10 years ago. I am sure you have not seen his standup.

No bro I've seen the light
dane cook ONLY
Stand up should stay EXACTLY where it's at and never change
In fact I think I'll watch ONLY Lenny Bruce
Things that are different are bad and any one who likes different things is a straight up cum lover bro

I turned his standup off and I therefore would never pay money go to his shows.

Go see Dave Attell or someone else who actually knows how to be funny instead of stroking your ego by acting like you're more sophisticated than the rest of us.

Actually, you're the pretentious one because I love Attel.

I think he still does stand up but he keeps it out of the public eye to keep it more genuine? Honest maybe? If you watch any interviews with him you can tell he cares about the "art" of comedy

OH. Yeah. good point. stand up should become improv. and improv should become a civil war reenactment. i totally get it now. i didnt see the brilliance in gallagher's fruit smashing till now. if it wasnt for you i wouldnt have been able to appreciate galifanutsack dancing around in tights. why do they even call it stand up? they should call it tiddly winks.

Well if you love him so much why don't you marry him?

H-he was good in Bored To Death

This is lame now it was fun before but you're just stringing words together and you not making any points

>shills for obama and hillary

dropped

>Doug Stanhope
>comedian
That's not how you spell "shit-tier hack"

your point was stand up should be allowed to grow and people should be able to appreciate different forms of comedy.

im not against that i just dont think galifanutsack is funny. you dont respect other peoples opinions so you make an asshole out of yourself. and thats where this convo is at.

>bait

suck your own dick.

It's the Greek in him. Greeks are great at anything to do with entertainment or academia. But can't make strategic decisions without shooting themselves in the foot.

As a nation they're at ~1000 years of continuous bad decision making and counting.

DUDE WEED LMAO