What was his end game?

What was his end game?

>I'm going to kick out all the muggles from my alma matter!!!

So.....that was his "master plan"? Essentially, only real wizards would be left at Hogwarts

Pretty lame.

Yes Rowling is a terrible writer who just used le evil Hitler meme.

Surely one of the dullest franchises out there.

This right here. Seriously each episode following the boy wizard and his pals from Hogwarts Academy as they fight assorted villains has been indistinguishable from the others. Aside from the gloomy imagery, the series’ only consistency has been its lack of excitement and ineffective use of special effects, all to make magic unmagical, to make action seem inert.

Perhaps the die was cast when Rowling vetoed the idea of Spielberg directing the series; she made sure the series would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody?just ridiculously profitable cross-promotion for her books. The Harry Potter series might be anti-Christian (or not), but it’s certainly the anti-James Bond series in its refusal of wonder, beauty and excitement. No one wants to face that fact. Now, thankfully, they no longer have to.

>a-at least the books were good though
"No!"
The writing is dreadful; the book was terrible. As I read, I noticed that every time a character went for a walk, the author wrote instead that the character "stretched his legs."

I began marking on the back of an envelope every time that phrase was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. Rowling's mind is so governed by cliches and dead metaphors that she has no other style of writing. Later I read a lavish, loving review of Harry Potter by the same Stephen King. He wrote something to the effect of, "If these kids are reading Harry Potter at 11 or 12, then when they get older they will go on to read Stephen King." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you read "Harry Potter" you are, in fact, trained to read Stephen King.

To be fair Stephen King is jealous as shit of her. None of his books will be seen as important, while here we are discussing HP decades later.

Rowling is the E. L. James of the fantasy genre....

>decades later

>nobody ever thought to just bring a gun and blow his fucking head off

>meme bait image with huxley in low tier

you are the literal embodiment of boredom and just as bad as any SJW cuck that cries "stop liking what i don't like"

also great job replying to your own invalid comments

>Unknown to most however, Lord Voldemort's legacy and blood would live on through his daughter Delphini, whom he conceived with his loyal follower Bellatrix Lestrange. Delphini was conceived sometime after the Battle of the Department of Mysteries in 1996 and before Voldemort's death at the hands of Harry Potter in 1998.

>inb4 the edited image with only 1 (you) in there and the "lel not samefag" comment accompanying said image

He was also throwing Muggle Borns in prison, killing anyone who might disagree with him, trying to "purify" Wizard Britain.....

>Gatsby in same tier as Les Miserables and Atlas Shrugged

>this triggers the redditor

>England
>Gun

>decades

Gatsby is overrated trash, old sport

Exactly what I am talking about.

Why is it in the same tier as those great works?

>Boring high school read and the Alt-Right manifesto in God tier.
>Tolkien and Twain in shit tier.

This. The fucking irony from the star wars capeshit board. And on top of it absolute fucking autism.

Commit suicide faggot you are cancer

>series fanfiction is better than the actual series
>people still think Rowling isnt a hack

so fucking true
look at how triggered these /lit/ rejects with autism are

>implying Snakeface had a dick
Typical hack Rowling has to have every villain tied to Voldemort somehow.

>that image
>Tolkien
>shit-tier
fuck off idiot

Despite the stupid image this pasta is always posted with, it's absolutely right. The books are mind numbing filth, the lowest of the low when it comes to fiction, on par with those $4 paperback shitty romance novels. The movies do make magic feel boring, mundane, and on top of that, stupid. These wizards have been using magic for thousands of years and in their "history of magic" class they don't study arcanum, but just names and dates of old dead witches and wizards who were important to magic society. They don't do any real research, or build spells, magic has no cost or burden. It's just preposterous to take something like magic, write seven novels about it, and never once have a character ask "hey where does magic come from?" or "how come magic works the way it does and seems to follow inconsistent and illogical rules?" It's not like some fantasy literature, where they at least use the handwave of "it comes from beings beyond our plane of existence" and use magic only in exciting and important ways, or the myriad other explanations or mechanisms or uses of magic that we see in other fiction, across all media, which make it sensible or interesting. Harry Potter magic is bullshit wish fulfillment which, in the movies, evolves into scenes of people shooting at each other but their guns have no triggers and their bullets are green and red.

>fanfiction based on shit is quote unquote "good"
>fan fiction
Fucking kek

You have no merit to judge an author no matter how bad they are

People may meme you with questioning the greatness of Atlas Shrugged.
It's an achievement in literature, however, despite Rand's shortsighted and ill-conceived philosophies on labour, property, legacy and freedom, and people who fail to separate the two are the true idiots.

your description of magic school mirrors the modern education system perfectly 'here memorize a bunch of shit' 'oh that persons actually interested in learning hahah what an adorable autist'

Hp ended less than ten years ago

Yeah what a hack. I don't even care that she got millions of kids into reading and that her books are globally revered and respected by other literary giants! Fuck her! So dull!

I said it was better you illiterate cunt. Where did I say it was quote unquote "good"?

>this fucking post

>purify the world of Muggles because they were subhuman filth.
>Allow only the strong pure-blooded to survive and retake the world he autistically thought was out of their hands.

Mostly though, he was just projecting how insecure he was about his own shortcomings because Grindlewald had bigger balls than him and he never could handle being second-fiddle to a literal magic Stalin.

I don't know if that's what it's actually like in USA, but that wasn't my experience in school at all. When I was interested in going deeper and learning more my teachers were happy to recommend me resources and most of my friends also had interests in school they wanted to pursue beyond the curriculum.

>People still fall for this copy pasta
>People still fall for this bait pic

Just because she got kids to read, doesn't mean they are truly "literate," much in the same way that just because someone's into classical music, if they're just enjoying it for the "catchy tunes," they obviously aren't truly listening to it. They aren't truly reading, they're just looking at words and imagining a bad fantasy movie in their heads.

>Hamlet is low tier
>To Kill a Mockingbird is shit tier

Yeah you must really know your stuff...

His master plan was actually very simple: Live Forever. Every other goal was a mean to that end or a bonus.

Despite his role as Wizard Hitler, he honestly didn't care much more for most wizards than he did muggles. Consider: despite the bulk of his followers being Wizard KKK, he also readily employed the scum of wizarding society such as Werewolves and Giants, who his other followers would never hang with regularly and probably think less of than muggleborns themselves.

Ultimately everyone is bellow him in his mind, some are just better tools than others.

Pretty sure people discuss the works of Stephen King, and the works based off his works, to this day.

>they aren't REALLY enjoying (X)
>superiortaste.jpeg
>being this much of a fedora tipping faggot

Isn't King getting more movies based off his works than Harry Potter does at this point?

>this is a thing someone actually believe
jesus

>jesus fuck, why aren't children immediately just diving head first into Ulysses????
>don't they understand how this makes them intellectually superior?
>wtf, I hate children!

It's a copy pasta, mate

To kill a mockingbird was the most boring book I was ever forced to read (actually, Roll of Thunder Hear My Cry takes first, but TKAM was a close second).

Maybe just not my cup of tea.

I loved it but I read it when I was in High School.

I mean, I don't think anyone would argue that HP magic is complex by any means. It seems 'squishy' to me, constantly changing and molding throughout the series to fit the story. It's inconsistency would be a problem except the series isn't really about magic. Rowling may be mediocre at world building, but the series focuses on characterization more than anything. I still think she has some problems there too, but she's good enough to keep me reading. I care about the characters. That's the goal right? She's writing young adult fiction; I don't think she's aiming for high art.

Yeah, I mean, at the very least it's better than Hunger Games or whatever.

DAILY reminder JK Rowling fucked up hard and we could have had pic related. Don't give me shit, a good 80% of the books' content is teen drama anyways.

The earlier books were much better when it was a much more whimsical set of stories that was continually introducing new and charming elements of the magical world. As soon as Rowling tried to turn the narrative into a more serious affair and had to keep some semblance of consistency the series took a deep dive in my opinion.

>the copy pasta is absolutely right!
>Hamlet, Brave New World and The Bell Jar are Low
>Wuthering Heights, Lord of the Rings and Mark Twain are shit

wew mate, why is burgerland illiterate?

That's fine but it's clearly not shit. Yeah yeah it's copy pasta but still.

Stop reminding me of this, please.

>magic
>geographical limitations

>Despite the stupid image this pasta is always posted with, it's absolutely right
Why are you, low IQ frogposter. Do you even know what copypasta is or are you too new?

NERRRD!

>it's absolutely right
>it's
>absolutely
>right

>Despite the stupid image this pasta is always posted with, it's absolutely right

for reference:
"It" refers to the content of "copy pasta", the subject "it" refers to. What is "absolutely right" is the copy pasta. "Despite the stupid image", meaning regardless of what the image is, the content is still, as put by this user, "absolutely correct".

>absolutely right
>calling me illiterate.

wew, still...I ask again, why is burgerland so illiterate?

Really made me think, user.

>le meme
>good
>existentialmemism

KYS

>Do you even know what copypasta
Nothing that was said, by any user here, alludes to not knowing what copypasta is.

Additionally a DAILY reminder Voldemort did nothing wrong according to Cred Forums

I love you.

Please never stop posting this.

>this board gets constantly I mean constantly triggered by harry potter
>half the thread are tryhard losers
>Cred Forums is capeshit and star wars central
>nobody comes here for actual discussion
>every single day autists unironically sperg about hating the harry potter series
Really making me think

A month ago I made a HP movie thread and it was actually pretty nice and comfy, user.

Then leave already. No one and not even the mods or janitors want YOU(yes you) here

You can feel his fists shaking as he types in this.

real hitler would have kicked voldemort's ass.

Case and point. Youre actually pathetic for getting this prolapsed every day about harry potter in this place of all places

Must have slipped my mind but I think you can forgive me for most of the threads are wew machines

Kill self

>redditor triggered again

This is too easy.

He wanted to build a wall

Doing something that made a difference, unlike one of the dullest shitposts in the history of movie shitposts. Each shitpost following /lit/ wizards and their pals from /r9k/ as they fight assorted kinographers has been indistinguishable from the others. Aside from the lack of film analysis the shitposts only consistency has been its lack of excitement and ineffective use of images and pasta?all to make fantasy unfantastical to make witchcraft seem kiddie.

Perhaps the die was cast when Quentin vetoed the idea of shitposting on /lit/ directing the shitposts at Cred Forums, he made sure the shitposts would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody?just ridiculously profitable cross-posting for his (You). The shitposts might be anti-Christian (or not), but it’s certainly the anti-atmospherical anaylsis in its refusal of critique and watching for the plot. No one wants to face that fact. Now, thankfully, they no longer have to.

>a-at least the shitposts are g-g-good though
"No!"

The writing is dreadful; the books were terrible and the films were much better. As I read, I noticed that everytime he shitposts, Quentin wrote instead that Brave New World "was a low tier form of art."

I began marking on the back of an envelope every time that shitpost was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. The shitposters mind is so governed by cliches and dead metaphors that he has no other style of writing. Later I read a lavish, loving review of shitpost by the same Stephen King. He wrote something to the effect of, "If these kids are shitposting at 11 or 12, then when they get older they will go on to read Stephen King." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you shitpost you are, in fact, trained to read Stephen King.

I'd fuck her stupid.

Epic A U T I S M xd

wut?

Kek dubs confirm this is the superior pasta.

These are me btw.

kek
look at this triggered autism. go spam the red letter media one and then spam this too

>people are falseflagging now they are so ingrained in their shitposts
No I made the antipasta

Don't have a clue what you are talking about but I assume your autism had gotten the best of you and you police the board connecting the dots thinking you're sherlock holmes

There are plenty of real childrens books that constitute actual reading. Watership Down. The Wind in the Willows. Charlotte's Web. Little Women. HP tells us nothing about the world, nothing at all.

>let me tell you what constitutes REAL reading

Honest question..so what would have happened if the moment Harry walked forward alive instead of jackass with no nose freaking out he just avada cadaver'd this nigga. Like what happens after that? Does he just say "Ok time to rebuild, and get all the muggles home."

Seemed he only really cared to kill Harry since he somehow survived on some bullshit plus him killing both his snakes.

Voldemort would still be alive as Harry is a horcrux.

>Atlas shrugged
>God tier

How's highschool bud?

Fresh outta reddit, kid?