The version with the alternate ending.. what was that all about?

The version with the alternate ending.. what was that all about?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=NeV0MvU1Uhs
youtube.com/watch?v=dv13gl0a-FA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Normies needed a happy ending instead of kino

whats the alternate ending?

normie theatrical ending = he lives a happily ever after
kino alternate ending = he never existed

wait, what the fuck happened so he could live "happily ever after"? he DIDN'T kill himself?

It's been a long but iirc he makes it so he never met the girl in first place and at the end before credits it shows both of them passing eachother on the street. And in alternate version he prevents his birth

just found this
w00t m8

the last one is the one that makes sense, the others are kinda cringy

agree with you

this movie fucked me up when i was little

>2004
>little
>lookmom.jpg

wait. there's an alternate ending? i just saw the one where they don't remember each other or something like that.

I remember watching it and being like "hey that's Ashton Kutcher, it must be one of his silly comedies"
Was pleasantly surprised with what I got.
Also the movie still made me kek when he wakes up without his arms

he kills himself as a baby. thats the real ending

Well it was rated-r for a reason son

look it up in youtube
real ending is awesome

yeah

they specifically discuss the other kids dying before birth and make a point of it

there is no other canon ending, you don't foreshadow something like that and throw it away

So glad I've only ever seen the suicide ending

There's like four different endings which one?

I'd say all the endings are acceptable, just depends on how cynical/depressed/optimistic you are. I don't necessarily agree with the umbilical cord ending because it negates the fact that people live whole lifetimes and touch different people in different ways, but I also see its validity. Same thing as the Donnie Darko ending, really. Or Dr. Manhattan learning to accept humanity's beauty.

Good movie.

Retardedly embarrassing movie. After watching Daredevil I realized Elden Henson might the be actor with less range in the history of movies

>when those kids burn the dog in the bag

The "directors cut" ending just felt like it was ripping off Donnie Darko to me.

The theatrical at least as I remember it wasn't so much a happy ending as it was fucking up any chances he had to have a happy ending with Amy Adams

>people born in 1998 turn 18 this year.

The foreshadowing of his mothers other miscarriages is only in the ONE scene with the fortune teller.

Guess which scene wasn't in the theatrical version

this to
the role of the mother makes more sense when it actually comes into play. All of her spawns have the time traveling capability and had chosen death because they couldnt cope with it

Welp, i've been educated. Feels like i didn't even see the same goddamn movie as others did.

>that generic stock scream the girl makes when the fat kid stabs her brother

>18
in argentina, its 1 am.. what it is in your country, dudette?

Butterfly effect was on TV recently and I knew all about the 4 different endings, however I have a distinct memory of the that last scene having the Coldplay song 'In my Place' playing over the top rather than Oasis 'Stop crying your heart out' that it is now... Mandela effect?

I still remember that scene
>LEENY NOOOO!!
>stockscream.wav

I have to disagree, mainly because Donnie dies as a result of the alternate universe merely existing, where as in this one, he along with his unborn sibblings chose death

what

I've seen the movie ages ago, but what exactly stops the dad from being a pedo if ashton's character isn't involved with their lives?

My 2 main criticisms with that movie are Ashton's acting and the decision to use that fucking scream

the movie isnt kino, the script tho is nice
nothing, but she moves out with her mom instead of living with his dad after the divorce

Try watching it for the first time while on ketamine, in a deep, deep k-hole. I WAS Ashton Kutcher traveling through time, I could feel those weird blurry effects Everytime he travels all over my body. The mailbox scene was a mind fuck.

I think the flick could have been a kino with a better actor. Ashton did a fine job with it, but you know

if only it was a swedish movie, amyrite?

fuuuuck, what other movies are good on ketamine?

I haven't watched that many on ketamine, the new judge dredd movie I saw on ketamine but it was too hypergore to be enjoyable, made me physically uncomfy. Across the universe is fun. If I think of any others I'll let you know, it's been awhile so I'm drawing a blank right now.

I really need a good movie to watch right now, anyone have anything similar to butterfly effect that's good? Or hell just what is a great movie? This thread just got me in the mood for butterfly effect esque movies, that's all.

here, all the alternate endings:
youtube.com/watch?v=NeV0MvU1Uhs

Oh, not a movie but stargate sg-1 is a trip and a half while in a k-hole. Especially the later stuff with the Christian mythos.

>when he wakes up without his arms
someone post images

The writing was pretty okayish and it wasn't well directed. The scene with the arms was supposed to be scary but ended up being funny.

Kutcher was fine. The movie needed some improvements here and there on the writing and another director.

This was the normal ending on the dvd in australia.

>another director

who do you think would make a better film with the same premise?

>Amy Adams

Amy Smart. You dumb.

Nevermind on the suggestions unless anyone feels like giving me one to watch for later, decided on green room if anyone cares (ya rite EL OH EL)

kek

a lot of factors come to mind, but the script is the one that redeems the movie
for me, at least
different cast and maybe Jarmusch? Spike Jonze? Sam Mendes D:

>michael bay
>snyder
and my favorite
>dan schneider

it's the only one that really fits the narrative

Something felt wrong when I wrote tgat and there you have it.

But Donnie seemed to willingly go to bed knowing he was going to die because it was the only way to not have everything fuck up. Like both movies involved time travel with the main character killing himself before everything went nuts being the only way they could fix things.

Been a while since I've seen either film though.

Is this the reality where he tries to drown himself in the tub? Depressing as fuck.

Honestly he should have just stayed in the ending where he's normal and wealthy and happy and about to marry Amy Smart, then beats her crazy brother to death with a baseball bat. Probably could have afforded a decent lawyer and self-defense case and got out of jail pretty quick.

>stock woman scream.wav
>stock police dispatcher.wav
>stock children playing.wav
>welhelm scream.wav

Why the fuck do they use these same sound effects in every other fucking movie?

I don't care what anyone says, this movie really is kino, one of my favorite movies.

to this day it's the only alternate timeline movie that's relatively interesting.

As I understand it, he is merely a vessel, he isn't activly choosing as Evan is. Donnie is more of a victim, if you will.
He rejects that time line because he can't wait to gtfo and reset everything.. tho his chances with Kay are fucked since he killed her brother.
It has to be tho? I enjoy plenty of movies that aren't kino and patricks can't enjoy, which in turns makes me kindda look donw on them (even tho I know they proly enjoy things I never will in return)

Lol this movie was awful

then you are a fedora tipping asshole
back to Cred Forums kid

He doesn't live happily. He can't forget her. It's bittersweet and less edgy than the other ending.

You must be a plebby critic

>tfw you realize you're 27 years old right now

I am, born in 1989, neet and this is one of my favorite movies, what I should do now?

Which movie is one of your favorites? Butterfly Effect or Rebellion?

This is very important to my answer.

i remember him saving her but nothing else about the end. i need a rewatch. also amy smart his G.O.A.T.

This movie was the ultimate in "really makes you think" teenage edgelord shit. I first saw it when I was like 15 and thought it was fucking groundbreaking. Why do we as humans have such terrible taste in everything during that time in our lives?

>im 27

please release these feels

Butterfly Effect, I have not seen Rebellion, yet.

Hit the bottle like I am, pham. It's 2:50am why not?

>I have not seen Rebellion, yet.
Nigga get on that shit. It's actually pretty good. Before anyone misleads you, Homura did NOTHING wrong.

By the way, the creator of Madoka put his next movie on hold to make the next Godzilla movie that comes out next year. Hopefully after that we finally get the last movie. I find it amusing because that's what Anno did with Shin Godzilla, even though 3.0+1.0 has been long overdue. That depressed fuck apparently got a new inspiration to finally finish Eva thanks to his Godzilla movie though so here's hoping.

>blocked in your country

BUT I'M AMERICAN

Look at it this way, together you're 52

no. i stayed up around 24 hours. passed out for 5 hours and am finishing my case of labatts.

pic related. it's almost me.

>27 x 2 = 52
European education, everyone.

m8, listen to some Initial D. It's cheering me the fuck up while I shitpost here. Those Eurobeats can't be beat.
youtube.com/watch?v=dv13gl0a-FA

The director's cut ending is such a well executed gut punch that sticks with you for a little.

It also explains why his dad is crazy, because he knows he's essentially murdered six of his children.

I like it but filming this must have been stupid I would have been mad at a scene at a baby in the womb choking itself. Babies can't move like that it's fucking dumb

also the girl is abused without him no? thats a little fucked up

>This video contains content from MC for Warner Bros., who has blocked it in your country on copyright grounds.

Hillary's America.

what the fuck I'll never know now

>But Donnie seemed to willingly go to bed knowing he was going to die because it was the only way to not have everything fuck up.
Donnie's whole time trip is the universe telling him that it's okay to die.

Because they don't have to pay a foley.

>that scene where the kid beats up an older guy
>that scene where they blow up a lady with a firework
>that scene where the little kid talks shit to the pedo dad
>plastic arms
>that scene where he befriends the hardcore vato with a heart of gold
>that scene where he almosts suck off those two neo nazis

>will turn 28 in less than a month