Did Sam Neill really deserve a lifetime achievement award? Seriously, WTF...

Did Sam Neill really deserve a lifetime achievement award? Seriously, WTF? Do we really need Sam Neill walking like he's made an amazing contribution to human civilization? So he played jurassic park, anyone could have played that. Harrison Ford. Dennis Quaid. Kevin Costner. Anyone actor of the week could have played that character. Why did the aussies have to fucking do this.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=U3GiZ36_Iuw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Why are australians so much better at the arts than americans? Nick Cave, Dead Can Dance, Michael Haneke, Sam Neill, the list goes on.

Fuck you, Sam Neill is a treasure.

Isn't he from New Zealand.

I'm not just saying that because of Wilderpeople. I always thought he was a kiwi.

Regardless it's cool he's this years Michael Keating I hated seeing him do nothing but shit TV movies for so long.

midnight oil, crocodile dundee,

Fuck you, Merlin earned it

He's a good actor who's been in the business for ages.
Thats deserving of a national lifetime achievement award. Maybe if it was from the globes or oscars you'd have a point.

Because Australia is an arid wasteland with nothing of value in it. So any literal who will get a lifetime achievement award as long as they were in one thing.

We do the same here in Canada.

He deserved it just for Possession alone.

he's a terrific and wildly underrated actor and im glad to see him get a commendation no matter how small

>Why are australians so much better at the arts than americans?
You train in the dark, so it's easier when you go somewhere civilized

He looks like a mix of Burt Reynolds and Sean Connery now.

EVENT HORIZON

Literally no one cares about New Zealand.

Neill has been in plenty of other great/good films other than JP, and that's just his Hollywood stuff. Otherwise he's just a workaday actor who keeps busy and has a wide selection of films and TV to do. He likes to do both movies for women and guys so he's never been hard up for work either.
Also, this article seems to be referring to Australia as thieves for stealing a Kiwi actor, not him for getting it

It's too bad the production was such a fucking mess

Yeah, population density is definitely the mark of greatness. Enjoy all the mexicans and gangmembers.

>australians

> Nigel John Dermot Neill DCNZM OBE, known professionally as Sam Neill, is a Northern Irish-born New Zealand actor

>Jurassic park
>event horizon
>in the mouth of madness
>day breakers

He's great. Good for him for getting the award.

Sam Neil was born in Northern Ireland and raised in New Zealand, he ain't an Aussie fucktard

>that last part
Jesus Christ New Zealanders are fucking insecure faggots.

I had no idea this guy was a kiwi until I saw wilderpeople

rekt

Yeah, pretty much.

>Australia is darker than Africa
bet that's not the first time you've heard that

I will fuck you up OP, don't talk shit about Sam Neil. He's wasn't born in Australia so the fucking aussies are being speds.

>Michael Keating
haha

You guys sure love lights a lot.

Possession
Amerika
Dead Calm
The Piano
In the Mouth of Madness
The Tudors

Guy been making movies for decades

>Nigel

What probably happened is some Ausfag director is a big Sam Neill fan and wanted to nominate him on the chance he'd get to meet Neill at the ceremony.
That or he was nominated as a joke and won anyway.

Earned it just with this movie.

youtube.com/watch?v=U3GiZ36_Iuw

We really are about people claiming things that are ours

DON'T YOU FUCKING (YOU) ME ABOUT PAVLOVA, YOU FILTHY CASUAL

This scene is why he's in my top 10

eat shit
he was merlin

I've wanted to live in NZ for years. Over a decade. Im a librarian and just want to live in a quiet place with low violent crime and that at terrorists aren't threatening to blow up five times a day. Every kiwi I talk to says that they hate immigrants and that I should fuck off.

NZ are assholes.

>aussie awards

He got forcibly cucked by Billy Zane in one of his movies

YOURE ALL COMING WITH MEEE

We always expect Australia to intercept all the "unwanteds" when it comes to immigrants, but regular people are fine.

Kiwi here

we're not assholes, you've had bad luck with who you've talked to, and you're not that clever if whatever your sample size is is being used to judge a whole nation

Shut your faggot mouth and show some respect. he's a great actor, you shitsucking pleb

Great scene
And Dead Calm is an awesome movie, Sam is very good in it

he's dad simulator the actor. SAM NEILL IS NOT YOUR DAD faggots.