You're baby bowler!

>You're baby bowler!
>Is that a problem?
>Hello, I'm the guy who gave your daddy the shaft
Mystery Men thread. Discuss this underrated classic capeshit satire.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=WmbIadhp20k
youtube.com/watch?v=p8X_RjblHg8
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Haven't seen this movie since I was maybe 11. Is it worth revisiting?

yes. it's even better
>I'm hit! I'm hit! Medic! Medic!
>SO you can only become invisible when absolutely nobody else is watching?
>Yes...but if i look at myself, I become visible again

>Eddie, if anyone pukes in my pool, imma divorce you
>thats fair

>Begin operation three-eyed, three-clawed eagle!

>temperature rising! rage building!

i love this movie

This is the ONLY one true Cape Kino, everything else is utter TRASH

Oh god. I forgot all these.
I need to watch this again.

sounds fun, downloading now

I saw this shit In theaters when I was in middle school

A E S T H E T I C

>Disco is not dead, DISCO IS LIFE!

>cue smash mouth at the end

only part of the movie I didn't like!

Geoffery rush was goat in the 1990s.

Damn. Why is Felicity Jones looking so rough in this still from Rogue One?

>The woman who hates america is a superhero

truly realty is stranger than friction

nobody has ever thought these two were twins?

This is one of the strangest mainstream movies to come out in the 90s
The script aims for comedy
The director thinks he's making a serious movie

The Sphinx was the best.

Mr. Furious: Okay, am I the only one who finds these sayings just a little bit formulaic? "If you want to push something down, you have to pull it up. If you want to go left, you have to go right." It's...
The Sphinx: Your temper is very quick, my friend. But until you learn to master your rage...
Mr. Furious: ...your rage will become your master? That's what you were going to say. Right? Right?
The Sphinx: Not necessarily.

The Shoveller: Come on, somebody do something, we need him.
The Bowler: Okay. Okay, you're a very furious man, you understand that?
Mr. Furious: No.
The Bowler: No? Well you've got a lot to be furious about, and I'll tell you why: You're not well-liked. You're uh, you're abrasive and off- putting. You try and say pithy things, but your wit is a hindrance and therefore nothing is provocative. Just mixed metaphors. Now, doesn't that make you angry? Does it infuriate you?
Mr. Furious: No.
The Bowler: Well, it should. Aren't you angry? Come on, man!
The Shoveller: Your penmanship is atrocious!
The Sphinx: You dress in the manner of a male prostitute!

The Smash Mouth song killed this for me at the time, will have to revisit though...looks fun

This ensemble cast is even weirder than Movie 43 or whatever that was called.

>Ben Stiller
>Jeanene Garofalo
>William H Macy
>Hank Azaria
>Greg Kinnear
>Wes Studi
>Lena Olin
>Eddie Izzard
>Claire Forlani
>Fucking Tom Waits (?!)

Also, lol that director who disappeared off the face of the map after the movie and is supposed to have been Tim Burton under a pseudonym. What a gem.

Also, fucking Pee Wee??

Stiller was very popular at the time to be fair

kino shot

>he doesn't think All Star should end every movie

kys man, youre beyond saving

don't forget geoffory Rush

>Stiller was very popular at the time to be fair
I'm making the exact opposite point you think I'm making. That a fantastic cast and would still be nowadays. Especially for a movie that just disappeared from the collective consciousness like that.

What about The Specials?

Goddamn, that's a funny movie.

>listing a cast only to leave out the one guy that has an oscar for best lead actor
Not many movies like that.

I dont need a compass to tell me which way the wind shines

i havent watched it in a while. does anyone know if it is on netflix?

bigger screenshot please. gotta hand this photo over to /wg/

you try and say pithy things but your wit is a hindrance and there for nothing is provocative it's all just mixed metaphors! Doesn't that make you angry?

The Spleen farting in Casanova's limo is one of the funniest scenes I have ever seen.

One of my all time favorite films.

"I recall there being some controversy about his death".
"Yes- the coroner said he fell down an elevator shaft... onto some bullets"

>I will keep dreaming, my friend
>And when I wake up,
>You better hope you're asleep!

Young anons may not believe it, but there was a time in the 90s when Janeane Garofalo was a premium waifu. She was very much like Ellen Page.

why did she J U S T?

Nobody's said it but it warrants a mention. That one set. You know the one. The street the diner's window is turned towards. With the columns and the pseudo monorail. That's been on Judge Dredd and surely a bunch of other movies. I love that thing.

She was (and probably still is) far more attractive than Ellen Page.

Garofalo is actually funny and pulls of sarcasm in far better way than Ellen Page ever has.

in Ellen Page's defense she is not a comedian

Frack you later, Frankenpuss!

Reminder that Sphinx was in the greatest Cameronkino of all time, Avatar.

Eh, she never really did. She became the person we all figured she would be, which is an ultra-liberal old hippie that says a stupid outraged thing every once in a while. She was that before but she was hot so she got away with it more.

You shouldn't take much of anything she says seriously, she doesn't.

She's been in primarily comedic roles, though, and the only thing I know Garofalo from are movies like Mystery Men and Wet Hot.

and Street Fighter: The Movie

and Last of the Mohicans, cuz he's actually good actor

Reminder that the Sphinx was fucking Sagat.

Plus, he can like, cut guns in half with his mind!

Nigga please. Fucking best warkino of all time right here. Fuck memevatar.

The art direction is great too. Need more sprawling nu-deco grungy cities and less chicago/new york

Yep. Definitely among my earliest (human)crushes.

>Your penmanship is atrocious!
I've always loved that line. It's one of the jokes I always think of when someone mentions this movie.

youtube.com/watch?v=WmbIadhp20k

Isn't it funny how Janeane is mostly forgotten by feminists today? You'd think they'd hold her up as a pioneer and a saint, but they pretend like she never existed and instead point to Amy Schumer and act like she's the first female stand-up to make it in Hollywood.

Invisible Boy: [Listing superheroes he has met] "Let me see, who else have I met? There's The Pincer, The Pickler, Princess Headbutt, um... White Flight And The Black Menace - they work together."

well she's not as marketable as amy shumer. It's not really funny that a less saleable product is given no investment.

If you mean it in a literal sense that feminists do not remember Garofalo then... I don't know if you are making this statement based on real things or just glancing at twitter and facebook. People remember Jerry Lewis as a comic and philanthropist but that doesn't mean anyone will bother talking about him

Too bad she's an annoying liberal jew

oh the many faps I had, its such a shame what happened to her

JUNK IT NOW

she wan't really a feminist when she was popular

if anything it was her shift from being a somewhat alternative self-defricating comic to full liberal douche that tanked her career

WAFFLE MAAAAAAAAAAN I AM THE WAFFLER
GOLD AND CRISPY, BAD GUYS ARE HISTORY

>mfw she's 52 years old.

>Oh look. Another chicken. Yep, just a craaaazy chicken world.

I wanted to fuck her. Then she started talking about politics and shit.

>pseudo monorail

Looks like a camera track and they just give no fucks about showing it onscreen.

>its such a shame what happened to her
You mean the fact that she ages like all other humans?

Greetings. My name is Patrick Bateman™, and I have contacted you for important matters.

I have taken notice to your post. It is of high quality™, but it's not the contents of the post that I'm interested by, it's the post-number.

Your post-number is unlike any other that I've ever seen. It is unique, as no other will ever obtain your distinct strand of numbers, but that is not the only unique thing about it.

Look at the numbers at the very end. Take a close look at them, and you might even realize it, too. Your post-number has ended in repeating digits, that is why I am contacting you.

I don't want to seem like a bother, as I understand that you're very busy crafting hundreds of quality™ posts such as the one I am replying to, but this is a matter more important than posts. It's a matter of life and death.

Here on Cred Forums, it is the most important rule of all that repeating digits much be checked and kek'd, that is why I am contacting you. I am here to check and kek your repeating digits, for it is a matter of religious importance.

So, after all this patience and discussion, I will now check your repeating digits. Here I go: #Checked

Now that your repeating digits have been checked by me, it is now time for me to leave. I cannot spend all day checking your repeating digits, no matter how much I love them. The reason? More digits must be checked.

no the part about becoming a raging SJW
which ALSO affects her image

Sandra Bullock is 52 also and I can still fap to that

Why haven't I killed myself yet?
I ask that question everyday.

We all do Krager, hopefully you can get the answer you deserve soon

My roommate is the spleen. #maddumps

He goes by dump truck. Or payload

if you arn't asking the question you aren't truly alive, desu

*deprecating, dumbass.

>That part where Squeegee Man thrusts his squeegee into Blue Raja's face and asks "DO YOU SENSE ITS POWER?"

"Who rents a chicken?"

It was from one of the Batman films friendo. Same set.

Pic related.

HE'S NEITHER COMMIE NOR FRUIT!

Artie Lange mentions that the director had no idea what he was doing during the filming of the movie

>this... is meDIEVAL TIIIIMMESSS
fuck i gotta rewatch this movie now

Is this rule 63 Bill Hicks?

>was
>in the 90's

Still would

>No one mentioning the best part of the film

For shame

youtube.com/watch?v=p8X_RjblHg8

Also Kel from Kenan and Kel and cameos by young Dane Cook and Joel McHale.