Cred Forums I really like Designated Survivor but man there are some frustrating things...

Cred Forums I really like Designated Survivor but man there are some frustrating things. This show could be so good but President Kirkman is a fucking bitch holy shit.

Literally the President is the worst person in the show, why does he have no balls?

Other urls found in this thread:

latino.foxnews.com/latino/news/2016/10/14/economic-bubble-spain-nears-300-days-without-govt/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

He's still growing some balls. If you've noticed he's become a little bit more based every episode so I'm sure he'll be full-on Jack by the end of the season.

He planted the bombs you fucking morons.

>THE AMERICAN MUSLIMS ARE THE ENEMY
>NO YOU RACIST SEXIST MISOGYNSTIC ISLAMOPHOBIC BIGOT, WE ARE ALL AMERICANS
*thunderous applause*

This weeks episode was the first half decent episode yet.

Hah

Only way this show could be good.

Yea like it's kind of enjoyable and i watch it.

It's not 'good' though. It's trash infact.

If you think it's good you're a tasteless pleb.

It's pleb trash.

True but it shouldn't be this frustrating to what him grow a pair

I love how they try and make it seem that what happened in this show is a bad thing. I'll still watch it for the Kief though

This triggered the fuck out of me. They're such pussies about Islam even when it fucking obvious who is behind it.

I'd by lying if I said when I capital building blew up that I didn't get extremely upset. I'll be honest, I was pretty upset.

Why?

Because no one should be able to attack our Capital like that and if they do, they should be wiped off the map.

They'd be doing us a favor though

No, they'd nearly destabilize the county and drive it into chaos.

Well he did start a war in the last episode, and finally handled Michigan Trump.
I hate the angel-devil mechanic with his young advisors though, it's retarded. I also don't give a shit about their attempt at conspiracy and anything that involves asian CIA, the draw of the show is obviously Keif doing presidentsy things, so who cares?

We'd survive and with all the corrupt fucks wiped out in one go, we'd have the chance to start over.

I miss Jack torturing wife and children of some sandsucker and getting info, proving it works.

True but he was such a bitch about it though. It was frustrating watching him not making the right choices and taking forever to do it.

the whole show spends too much time on "muh racism against muslims" and not enough time on the entire government being wiped out

I wonder if this show make real washington thing twice about the dumbass idea of putting everyone in one room for the state of the union..

DESIGNATED

as the show goes on u can see the cracks in the story, the writing gets worse, charecters motivations make no sense episode to episode. if the shows trying to be tricky its just plan stupid.

>Cops and Rethuglikkkans are evil racist monsters who hate innocent muslims

Not subtle, not new or insightful, just terrible.

>President doesn't want to bomb literal terrorists unless he confirms they were the ones who attacked the capitol

They are real terrorists. That bears repeating. Actual terrorists are not punished for all of their other crimes because they might be innocent of this one. The show even lists off the other terrorist shit they do. Apparently our new Pres is in the right for refusing strikes on them.

>Muh evil military general trying to overthrow the President meme

The show is still kind of fun at times, the scene where he sacks up to the Iranian ambassador was great, it is just a shame that we don't get any other good scenes.

Kiefer is bretty gud, so is the guy from House. The show just just needs better writers.

Is designated survivor mechanic even viable in real life scenarios? I just can't imagine this guy lasting a day without getting his ass usurped by some general

yeah its like they are trying to make him one part bauer, one part SJW, its doomed..

I watch it for Penny.

Mckenna Grace

Who needs a government? After 300 days without one in Spain, few people notice
latino.foxnews.com/latino/news/2016/10/14/economic-bubble-spain-nears-300-days-without-govt/

Oh you sweet sweet child.

The shadow government runs America. Dick Cheney admitted as much.

That's the entire premise of the show, average nerd becomes President. Why watch the show if you don't like the premise?

They probably expected loud Jack Bauer and got whispery Jack Bauer.

They're gonna get it, he's already a lot more confident and decisive than in the first episode.

Race war when?

In the first episode he destroyed that ambassador then returned to whisper mode though.

Because he went into his natural Bauer mode and then remembered "shit, I'm not an alpha killer in this one, better tone it down".

I think Kirkman is a guy who was always secretly alpha but never had a position where he actually had power, so now he can reveal his true self, I won't be surprised if he goes full Underwood by the end of the season.

Because the United States is exactly like Spain.

>DESIGNATED

with them stretching a season out to 22 episodes is the president's son going to get rescued from a cougar by the secret service?

Never watched this show, but I think if such attack happened IRL people would be screaming inside job.

Actually most people would be shocked and terrified about the country's political future, the conspiracy theories would come later.

I'm more than sure they will handle this in a future episode though.

>it's a Kirkman BTFOs everyone out of nowhere episode

I hope Kirkman is behind everything

The US has had government shut downs before. Nobody cares, except government employees and national parks.

I'm betting this show won't make it to season 2.

Spainfag here, the economy is even doing better than in the previous 4 years. Not having a government is GOAT

Is it true that marijuana is legal there and the age of consent is 13?

Dadmode Kief is best Kief.

>YOU HAVE TO STEP UP OR THIS WILL BE THE SHORTEST PRESIDENCY IN HISTORY!!!!
>Well, I don't care. I never asked for this.

What did he mean by this?

Kirkman doesn't want to risk blaming Al-Sakar because if he finds out later it wasn't them, he can't blame someone new and still seem credible

Show is shit tho

best first daughter

Worst Gordon

He cares about the country though, he wants to be a strong president because otherwise the country will fall into chaos.

Second best Selina.

1st* don't be a retard

She was only cast due to her resemblance to the best Selina.

3 episodes in, you want a good hearted sensible man to immediately turn into super badass? Dont be stupid he needs to grow, through the consequences of his actions. I just hope he goes full dictator.

we already had this show. it was called battlestar galactica

I just don't understand how right after the worst terrorist attack in history he isn't raising his fist and demanding war. It's ridiculous realistically any government official in this position wouldn't be acting like a bitch.

That would be retarded, he doesn't even know who did it, he can't just randomly go to war and put American lives at risk.

He definitely should've bombed the terrorists a long time ago.

If anything, I think he's becoming too confident too quickly, first episode he was shaking in his boots, now a few days later he's bossing generals around and dropping SOB bombs.

the jews?

>"Muslims flew planes into the twin towers"
>"THEY WERE RADICALS NOT MUSLIMS, YOU RACIST PIG!"

What did she mean by this?

His wife planted the bomb so they wouldn't need to move out of the country.

The first episode was pretty great, so was the second. Did a good job of capturing that immediately post-9/11 fear and confusion. The interest in the premise fades as they get further from the event itself, leaving it likely a sort of bland not quite Madam Secretary by the end if I had to guess.

>Did a good job of capturing that immediately post-9/11 fear and confusion.

Really? My main complaint about the pilot and following episode was that it did a sloppy job of getting that post-tragedy feeling right. It didn't really feel like the entire government was decimated. It almost felt like business as usual.

Agreed about the Madam Secretary thing though. I don't think the show is good enough to sustain itself without the "how an average Joe adapts to presidency in a crisis" angle.

They're trying really hard to make us forget he's Jack Bauer, but it's not working.

There are some stupid writing mistakes they make. Like that congresswoman. Why didn't they say she was giving the State of the Union rebuttal (something that actually happens). She isn't a part of the line of succession so what's the point of having her as a survivor?

I don't think it's a mistake, there have been occassions where two designated survivors were chosen. Not to mention, considering she was also picked as a survivor, she could make a case that she should be the president, not Kirkman, especially since he was asked to step down the night before.

jews

I only watch it for Kiefer, but the show is shit. We've all been spoiled by great shows.

I wonder if the congresswoman will end up actually running against him. I hope she'll end up as his VP.

did you guys notice they had a General Hammond?
Goold?

>I hope she'll end up as his VP.
Would've been a legit choice and a bold direction for the series but they already shut that down with the mere implication she'd run. She'll be a frienemy this season and gradually more evil next season (if there is one) culminating in full antagonism and her own campaign.

I'm kinda tired of muh evil Republicans and she seems like an alright person, ambitious and cunning, but that's how politicians are.

I bet they'll turn her into a total bitch though.

This, half of the episodes so far have been about Muslims, just fucking stop. One scene of Kumar being harassed would've been enough.

It's ABC, of course it's gonna be shit.

Can't he just lowkey drone them? Not doing anything looks a lot worse in the eyes of the public.

This.

I hope another bomb goes off and kills half the cast. Only reason I'm watching is for Keifer

They don't. Every year they choose one cabinet member to miss the speech. This man is the Designated Survivor.

I hope he isn't rescued

the point is its hardly a good idea

one nerd is supposed to hold it together with the loss of the executive, congress, and supreme court?

It's how it works. Then you appoint a temporary supreme court, and have state governments send delegates for a temporary Congress until elections fan be held.

Glad he finally sacked up this last episode and arrested that Michigan nigga for treason.
I think the main problem with this show is that none of the other characters besides Kief are likable at all.
His two main aides are generic as hell and the FBI chick is dumb.
Kumar was growing on me this episode until he almost turned down one of the most prestigious jobs in the country just because "Hurr you just want me cuz I'm muslim"
Muslims just committed the worst attack in American history and you're going to turn down the opportunity to heal those wounds because you feel like you're a diversity hire? Grow the fuck up.
This is why House was a better doctor then you, when his country knocked, he answered damnit.

Well, attacks of this kind generally don't happen. The security is impeccable. The whole Designated Survivor thing started because they were worried about a nuclear attack during the Cold War, not a bomb.

I like the family scenes with the son because I know I don't have to pause it to go to the bathroom

Kumar really came off as a selfish SJW asshole in that scene. They didn't even want him because he's brown, but because he was able to work the room on the fly.

Post more Chief Kief.

why? it's getting lots of viewers

Dese bitches love Bauer

>why does he have no balls
If the shows premise was Jack Bauer is the designated survivor and now must lead the united states there would be no fucking tension in the story you jackass.

Its about a man who is completely unfit for the role being thrust into it and having to sink or swim. He'll grow into a great president over the course of the series one misstep at a time.

I turned it off a little over halfway at episode 3 because it went full SJW.

>when they send you the enhanced interrogation video

The numbers are gonna drop when the show gets further into the season and the cracks show more, people who came here solely for Kiefer will get bored. This just isn't a premise that will hold up for multiple seasons and the writing isn't doing it any favours.

The only way it will go I to season 2 is if there is a major war

MUH MUSLIMS
MUH EVIL WHITE GUY DID IT
SJW TRASH

>season finale
>takes off glasses and throws them away
>My name is Jack Bauer and this is the longest day of my life.

This