Other urls found in this thread:

lostpedia.wikia.com/wiki/Religion
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taweret
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taweret.
thatoregonlife.com/2014/10/temple-oculus-anubis-creepiest-place-oregon-wtf/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

fuck off phoneposter

It was the Egyptian god of pregnancy or something
Got destroyed in the giant wave that threw the Black Rock (with Richard on board) inland
Jacob lived there

/thread

It's piss. It's sick.

>what happened to that massive statue?
a wave hit it
>how did a pirate ship end up in the middle of the island?
a wave brought it there

so imaginative

Nigga do you see anyone calling it imaginative
This is L O S T

im looking for richardus

Explain this

Janoy pls go

Who cares?! It's about the characters, not the mystery of the island! What did you think you were watching for the past 6 years? A mystery show or something? xD

Explain this shit

Pleb please go. Since S3 the show was obviously going to have religious parables. Grow up.

What the fuck does having religious parables have to do with ignoring 90% of the mystery you've built up and marketed your show on to end the series on footage from a wrap party in a church?

Well I'm lost

Ill say it again, you are fucking dumb for ignoring the facts that LOST always had religious contextual significance. How does Dharma explain Lockes ability to walk? Or Rose's cancer dissapearing?

As Ben says, how can you not believe in God when a spinal surgeon falls out of the sky?

Well it looks like something's afoot

lost is not battlestar galactica, there's barely any religious stuff in it

locke's ability to walk is explained away with muh magic electromagnetism, same thing with rose. the island has healing powers. did you not pay attention?

>DUDE MY RETARDED THEORIES DIDN'T PAN OUT LIKE THE SHOW SO I HATE IT NOW LMAO

They were designing a broken statue and someone said "why not give it just 4 toes".

That's it. Seriously. Then the fan community found an Egyptian 4 toed god called Taweret who was the goddess of fertility (early season theme, women couldn't get pregnant for an unknown reason). They loved to include things the fans came up with that would fix holes for them. So seasons later they show the statue from behind and it's most certainly Taweret. Also the base of the statue is where Jacob lived.

>barely any religious stuff
>Dharma
>Egyptian Gods
>Egyptian hieroglyphs connected to doomsday device
>constant Christian names with appropriate meaning

lostpedia.wikia.com/wiki/Religion

It's a 4-toed sculpture remnant. It was weird for the sake of weird they threw in.
That's a mural along the 101 Freeway. It's weird for the sake of weird they threw in.
That's the LA Philharmonic. They're okay.

Jacob is mentioned in S3 by Karl, and Boone/MIB mentions getting the family back to together.

Not sure what you're trying to say or why you're responding to me.

I think both explanations seemed dumb by the end of it. Time travel should never have been so influential on the plot, with a whole season based in the past. Likewise, Jacob and God shouldve never been the final focus of S6 either.

But you HAD to for answers didnt you Cred Forums?

Is LOST worth starting in 2016?

If you like completely pointless things

that's if you think hours of entertainment are pointless

If the point is to be entertained, LOST can do that.

what movie and/or show is this?

Watch the Mystery Box presentation, it's the same experience in 1/200th of the time

it would've been cool if it was a statue of locke or something, imagine how epic the reveal would've been. instead it was a dumb alligator.

Darude - Sandstorm

Hippopotamus, thank you. en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taweret

it's a fun ride up until about season 3. season 4 is shitty, season 5 is only interesting the first time you watch it for all the history and missing pieces of the show that they explain in it. season 6 is a pile of shit.

it's worth watching, yes. you're going to fly through the first 2 or 3 seasons and will probably be staying up until 5am just to 'watch one more episode'.

ben with a 6 pack.

Watch the first season, pretend the rest don't exist. They spent the next 5 years basically asking the internet "what should we do next?". It was retarded.

F O U R · E I G H T · F I F T E E N · S I X T E E N · T W E N T Y T H R E E · F O R T Y T W O · G U Y S · W H E R E · A R E · W E ? · W A L T ! · V I N C E N T ! · L I V E · T O G E T H E R · D I E · A L O N E · D U D E · W H E R E · I S · M Y · B A B Y ? · T H E Y · T O O K · M Y · B A B Y · N O · M A T T E R · W H A T · I · D O · Y O U · A R E · G O I N G · T O · D I E · C H A R L I E · I · L O V E · Y O U · P E N N Y · I · H A V E · A L W A Y S · L O V E D · Y O U · J A C K ! · Y O U · A L L · E V E R Y B O D Y ! · N O T · P E N N Y ’ S · B O A T · D O · N O T · T E L L · M E · W H A T · I · C A N N O T · D O ! · Y O U · H A V E · S O M E · A R Z T · O N · Y O U · S E E · Y O U · I N · A N O T H E R · L I F E · B R O T H E R · D O · N O T · M I S T A K E · C O I N C I D E N C E · F O R · F A T E · F R E C K L E S · I T · O N L Y · E N D S · O N C E · A N Y T H I N G · T H A T · H A P P E N S · B E F O R E · I S · J U S T · P R O G R E S S · D O · Y O U · H A V E · A N Y · I D E A · H O W · B A D L Y · I · W A N T · T O · K I L L · Y O U ? · I · D O · N O T · K N O W · H O W · L O N G · T H E · B A T T E R I E S · W I L L · L A S T · I · C R A S H E D · Y O U R · B L O O D Y · P L A N E · W E · H A V E · T O · G O · B A C K !

You must be visually impaired or something. That foot looks humanoid, not like a hippopotamus'. The statue was of Sobek, not of Taweret.

First three seasons are good but then you will either feel bad you don't get the answers to the mysteries, or you will feel bad you kept watching. It's a massive cock tease of what could have been. Don't watch it now.

Yes. The first two seasons are genuine kino if you don't know what's happening. Then everything is explained and becomes shit.

Sandalstorm. You fucked up.

that would be a yes

>tfw L O S T Cred Forums was truly the golden age of Cred Forums

>so many OCs board was brimming with discussion and people were so eager for the next episode

>tfw I miss L O S T so much

;_;

see And read en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taweret. If you can read my post you aren't visually impaired to the point of being unable to do a bit of research.

half of the fun came from the tv lost threads

>tfw reddit wont even have verticals archived in their pepe folders

>tfw we can never go back

I'm gonna take a shot in the dark and say it's a foot.

count the toes

Like the length of my penis.

Ive lost my verticals folder, wut do?

For real though colossal statues are some scary shit

i still have some although it pales in comparison what i had before my pc crashed

even had old Cred Forums threads from in there and old Cred Forums threads :(

Ok, so it's a jewish foot.

Now count the trees in the background

then multiply that number by the amount of toes (4)

>ywn eat Keamy's eggs

YES it's still one of the greatest television series of all time

the end is a little wonky but people exaggerate in pretending it's bad

>Cred Forums - L O S T was 6 years ago

Fun fact: that's actually a painting and not a photograph.

>the golden age Cred Forums will never come again

;_;

>LOST pilot premiered 12 years ago
>LOST final episode aired 6 years ago
>LOST S3 finale aired 9 years ago
>yfw

This:
Not lost threads in particular, but a large part of its charm definitely came from discussing the show and guessing at what it all meant with your mates. Watching it on your own all in one go takes away a huge part of what made it a success.

>desmond's last second smirk when he runs over locke
>and hello to our viewers at home!
>hi sawyer i missed you to!
>i make great eggs
>ps2 subamarine

so many memories in my mental scrapbook

Kek'd

Season 4 and 5 are the best, R-tard

LOST posting was the pinnacle of Cred Forums. The threads were the best. Speculating what was gonna happen in next weeks episode, the verticals, etc.

Its still decent to binge watch for the first time, but you really missed out if you werent around for it when it aired

didn't somebody archive all the verticals somewhere?

Explain this shit.

I do not remember anything from LOST except a giant cork
Was the island a big bath or something?

posting the most holy shit scene I remember

sad they never explained it

Why was Artz so underrated?

What the fuck am I looking at

L O S T

>the most holy shit scene

>You will never smell Claire's jungle pussy

Giant nuke buried underground. Builds up electromagnetism somehow, and pushing that button releases it/disperses it.

>pressing backspace removes half a number instead of the whole number
what did they mean by that?

>Claire
>not Juliet

>giant nuke
>builds up electromagnetism

no dude I'm talking about the hieroglyphs

There's a really cool reaction video of Bane being told a song is Darude Sandstorm out there.

Was this every confirmed? The electromagnetism was from the nuke? I thought it was from the island itself?

You're looking at the operation of a computer used to keep electromagnetism at bay.

The hieroglyphs are hieroglyphs.

The electromagnetism came first, and then they had the buried nuke storyline when they went back in time around season 4.

>place computer in front of timer.
>have to manually fix timer with computer.
fuck you

>I thought it was from the island itself?

it was. that's what the swan was built for even before the time travel shit started. they were going to study it but then local man radzinsky ruined everything.

LOST is the first and only show where I watched it from the pilot and never missed an episode. It truly was an experience.

The nuke has nothing to do with the build-up of electromagnetism. That is not how nukes work.

>place computer near the place it needs to be used
>place timer in view of computer

What's the issue here? The computer isn't just resetting the timer, it's releasing electromagnetism from nearby to prevent a giant explosion.

Same here

I still remember watching the pilot with my family, and my mom and I were the only ones who would watch it week to week.

Uhhh, are you a nuclear scientist? Otherwise haters that way ----->

It was my mum and my brother for me. She stopped after a couple of seasons or so but me and my brother watched it all the way through. If we weren't going to be in that night, he'd record the episode with his VCR.

I remember being at a friend's house once when I was a kid and he invited me to stay for dinner, but it was a Lost night so I said that and he was like "oh I watch it too", and so I stayed and we watched it together and it was that episode where that creepy guy (Ethan? Evan?) beats the shit out of Jack on some muddy hill. It was great.

One of my oldest images in the Cred Forums folder.

>It's a Locke thinks he knows what the fuck he's doing but in fact he doesn't know shit episode

>it's a Locke finally knows what the fuck he's doing
>turns out it's not actually Locke

Well played

The heiroglyphs is "death" in Egyptian

Daily reminder Matthew Fox is a woman beater

I'm not who you're replying to, but the use of hieroglyphs in the hatch was one of the many retarded things in lost. Why the fuck would the Dharma Initiative use hieroglyphs?

Its always amusing when people need explanations with Lost plot threads when they're always right in front of you.

We literally saw that shit get wrecked too.

I imagine the guy who worked on that part of the Swan was like
>hey man, once the counter hits 0, what should it say to let you know everything dies?
>make it say "Death"...but in hieroglyphics. That'd be fucking hilarious.

We do know though.

The island's unique energies greatly boosted everyone's immune system. People rarely got sick on the island. That had the inverse effect of treating a pregnancy as a foreign body and attempting to terminate it.

>ywn go back to the island

Why were Claire and Sun able to give birth then?

Why was Charlie able to get withdrawals?

>Why were Claire and Sun able to give birth then?
because Claire was pregnant before she landed on the island and I forget what happened with Sun
>Why was Charlie able to get withdrawals?
because addiction isn't a physical illness your immune system can heal

wait a fucking minute. I thought they didn't get sick because they were on the list of destiny.

remember that other sickness plot where rosseau's team tried to kill her? were they all the smoke monster too?

that's not this episode bro

Sun got knocked up while on the island

Withdrawals (not addiction, like you said) are manifested in physical illness that should be able to be healed

Yeah, she says they came out " changed". Fits the smoke monster M.O. pretty well.

>Withdrawals (not addiction, like you said) are manifested in physical illness that should be able to be healed
withdrawals are caused by a lack of a dependent substance, not foreign organisms. Your immune system can't just destroy receptors that aren't receiving chemicals they want

The list of destiny was just a list of people Jacob thought were fit to protect the island. Nothing more, nothing less.

Claire was very far along, we're talking a few weeks away from birth here, and Sun gave birth OFF the island.

If you conceived on the island and didn't leave by the second trimester, you were fucked.

Charlie still recovered incredibly fast and his withdrawls were over pretty fast. He never relapsed either. Plus keep in mind, and I will admit this is one of the bigger stretches of the show, they did survive a plane crash. I imagine a lot of that island "boost" was working over time on them not dying.

yep. the sickness is the same thing that happens to sayid that turns him 'dark' at the end.

Definitely the episode that picked things up.

How come Hurley never lost weight?

The Island was very picky in who it would heal, locke also lost the ability to walk at one point when he stopped believing.

he started to but the then the supply drops started and he started ranch dippin' again

Because its a stupid shitty show for idiots

>I imagine a lot of that island "boost" was working over time on them not dying.

Then why was the pilot so fucked up and near death?

>The list of destiny was just a list of people Jacob thought were fit to protect the island. Nothing more, nothing less.

How was Michael unable to kill himself in the real world? Was that island magic that reached all the way to America?

Again, it probably was being taxed on just surviving a plane crash. Not everyone was going to make it.

Michael's lack of suicide is implied to be Jacob having use for him until he decided he played his part. That said, the vision of Christian saying he can "go now" is strongly implied to be the smoke monster if not outright stated by Lindeloff and Cuse at some point, so thats definitely a plot hole.

>117 replies
>no Ozymandias yet

Fuck all of you plebs.

Ozymandias
By Percy Bysshe Shelley

I met a traveller from an antique land,
Who said—“Two vast and trunkless legs of stone
Stand in the desert. . . . Near them, on the sand,
Half sunk a shattered visage lies, whose frown,
And wrinkled lip, and sneer of cold command,
Tell that its sculptor well those passions read
Which yet survive, stamped on these lifeless things,
The hand that mocked them, and the heart that fed;
And on the pedestal, these words appear:
My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings;
Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal Wreck, boundless and bare
The lone and level sands stretch far away.”

What does the best episode of Breaking Bad have to do with LOST?

You understand that that foot is a reference to this story, right?

You understand that my post was a joke, right?

It's a reference to Jason and The Argonauts a pretty kino older movie.

No.

>What the fuck does having religious parables have to do with ignoring 90% of the mystery you've built up

Nothing. That also never happened.

>whynotboth?.jpg

all my yes are belong to you

To study the psychological "what the fuck?" effect it has on the people in there when it happens, in the name of science?

With capeshit "fuck it it's comics" science like Wolverine's healing powers? Sure, withdrawals shouldn't be a thing either. But the island only boosts your immune system, which has absolutely no bearing on withdrawals. People with better immune systems don't handle withdrawals better, nor does a good immune system stop you from shivering or sweating.

The only channel I remember Lost being rerun on was G4 at the end of it's life.

I almost miss G4...

the LOST verticals were the golden age of Cred Forums without a doubt

Is that Mac?

There was one 'epic' twist with Locke already - Locke in the coffin.

sure is, jabroni

Pretty neat desu. Wouldn't mind living my entire life under the watchful eyes of a giant bronze man.

i name every pic i post "image.jpg" just for people like you

That would actually be more autistic than calling it out

Maybe they're Egyptophiles.

Pic related, this is a private property in Oregon.

>Pic related...

Are you implying that that gate is Egyptian in style?

The entertaining thing about LOST was following it week to week, discussing with your friends and coming up with theories.

I think you mean season 1
they answered everything
what you want is joop sitting on a swivel chair reading out all the mysteries of the island, and they said in a season 4 podcast they weren't going to do that, so if you sat through seasons 5 or 6 expecting it, more fool you.

I'm implying that it's the home of a literal egyptophile.

thatoregonlife.com/2014/10/temple-oculus-anubis-creepiest-place-oregon-wtf/
Sorry for the shit site

Yes, but nothing in the image that you posted indicates Egyptophilia; that style is Graecoromaic, not Egyptian.

Take it up with the homeowner.

>reminder, that the series went to shit after season 2.
>reminder that you should never, EVER watch multi-season mystery shows

look past the gate for the statue.

Take what up with him?

The inconsistency is yours. You posted the image as if Egyptophilia were evident, when nothing in it indicates it.

Have you ever even seen Egyptian architecture? I don't think so.

>You posted the image as if Egyptophilia were evident
Apart from the fact that there's a statue of Anubis behind the gate, no I didn't.

Maybe you should relax. Having an autistic fit over something so minor isn't healthy. I never claimed any sort of knowledge.

>I never claimed any sort of knowledge.

Nevertheless you presume to have it. Don't disassociate yourself form your fuckups; by doing so you only perpetuate your own ignorance, and mediocrity.

Your presumptions aren't my problem.

It was all about the characters, the mysteries don't matter.

Explain this shit.

>dat camerawork

>insulting revolting

LOST is ALL about the characters. Stop digging for answers which are not there.

Where's the Egyp... wait

[ZOOM] {Enhance}

yeah boi

>Egyptian statue on the magical island
WE

I'm doing the same

The
Fucking
Autism

That is the remnants of early Western Civilization floating around in space. It symbolizes that there are still pieces from that time floating around in our psyche or mental space if you will.

Yeah totaly
It can get tiresome in S4 and S5, so take a day or more break when it gets too much
S6 starts terribly but everything will be worth for the final episodes(if you catch the meaning of the show)

Cred Forums wasn't even online when LOST aired...

>tfw not a filthy rich eccentric owner of the occult mansion in the middle of nowhere
why even live