How hard is this going to suck?

How hard is this going to suck?

Be honest, Cred Forums. Be savage and brutal. Tell me every flaw, everything you hate no matter how big or small.

Too many people I know are drinking the kool-aid and it's making me puke.

I need this place now more than ever.

It looks pretty good so far

It's going to a popcorn flick as all Star Wars movies are. All previous SW movies are within 2 points of each other on a 1-10 scale. Clone Wars is the worst of the bunch at 4/10 and Revenge of the Sith and Empire Strikes back are 6/10.

Rogue One will probably be in the the middle somewhere. The only thing going for it, is that it has Mads and Luna.

Is that the real poster?
The stormtroopers look horrible.

Meant attack of the Clones, Clone Wars is the best thing the series has made and I would say it's a 7/10.

>Empire Strikes back are 6/10
I agreed with your statement until that point.

lower?

Usually the reshoots are a sign of flawed movie.

It's going to be Suicide Squad tier bad, even though RT score will be above 80%.

Jesus Christ, dude... you care way too much about this movie.

Its starshit, worse than TFA, maybe even worse than AotC.

VIII is the absolute last chance for Disney to prove they are serious about star wars and arent just turning it into their marvel 2.0, but I doubt anything good will come of it and the franchise will continue to be raped.

Lucas selling it was a mistake.

>How hard is this going to suck?
Doesn't look like it will, although I'd like Felicity to suck me, if you know what I mean.

I didn't make this thread for reddit tourists.

Cred Forums thoughts only please.

The director is creatively bankrupt hack who couldn't make a good movie out of the best script or concept imaginable. He has proven this with Monsters and Godzilla.

It will be maybe twenty minutes of entertaining, interesting, or engaging action and set pieces, poorly sprinkled through an hour and a half of plodding exposition and shitty camerawork (read: handheld for shot/reverse shot conversations). The characters will be one-note and forgettable, with producers expecting their distinctive races to substitute for personalities, while being the only thing that makes them memorable and sells toys (see: Mace Windu in the prequels).

It will be hailed as bloated and boring by critics and fans. Disney will try and fail to salvage the clusterfuck Gareth Edwards created with reshoots and clever advertising but the movie will be a big, loud thud. It won't even make that much money because normies don't understand fuckall about the timeline of the movies.

In a few years, it will go down as the worst spin off movie and the dullest thing to come from the new movie universe. It will probably kill the other planned spinoffs except the Han Solo or Boba Fett ones. Idiots will praise it for being uneventful and tonally fucked and toss it in with the prequels as "misunderstood kino".

It's gonna be great.

Also, 62% on RT. Screencap this.

>Screencap this.
kill yourself

Close, eccept that my, and others who like them's claim is that the prequels are merely about on par with the OT.
The prequels are underrated and the OT is over rated. Correctingg for this, they come out evenly.

Contrary to popular belief, the filmmaking is at the slim level in every movie other than Empire, which is technically exellent.

*except
im failry drunk

To be fair they look horrible in the movie. If they looked like shit in the OT it's because those movies are decades old. The ones in TFA look good, don't break my suspension of disbelief whatsoever. These ones look like they're made from cheap plastics and rubber.

i remember being 14

literally every movie has reshoots. they budget for it. stop acting like you know anything about the industry

you are clinically retarded if you think the prequels compare at all to the originals

his godzilla movie was the best one in the entire franchise, you weeb faggot

All the movies are shit-mediocre. The animated series was alright. If anyone is 14 around here, it's the people who genuinely like these movies (OT, PT, or reboot).

>movie isn't out yet
>Be honest, Cred Forums. Be savage and brutal. Tell me every flaw, everything you hate no matter how big or small.

excuse me?

So, when are they gonna make a pro-Empire/Sith movie?

Fucking Jedi's.

They seem determined to diversify the fuck out of the casts of these movies.

I guess it makes sense. People from different parts of the galaxy are gonna look diff.

I can't say I don't want to see more diversity, but it seemed forced...no pun intended.

i rebel

well, the cinematography and pacing are on point, perhaps character development is a bit off, but the shading will definitely make up for it

>already time for the next daily rogue1 autist poster thread
Christ.

Fuck off. It's going to be good. TFA was a great experience. It wasn't the best movie but it was a top-notch movie-going experience and Rogue One will be too. I go to them to eat popcorn and get taken to a galaxy far far away.

> that cast
D I V E R S E
I
V
E
R
S
E

I'm afraid this user will be right

Monsters was fantastic though

Can we all make a collective agreement to not posts Star Wars threads for the next few days so we can see how many Disney-shills are on Cred Forums?

No we can't and there are none. I assure you Disney doesn't give a fuck about the opinion of Cred Forums.

The only reason I'm giving the jew mouse my money is because I know if I don't see it in IMAX I won't like it a whole lot. Anyone else have a similar mindset?

Here's a game for you Cred Forums

Without re-watching the Trailer. Tell me some qualities of the music for Rogue One.

>changing the male character to female
>vader not killing the rebels
>the asian actors feel like they are being cast very stereotypical
>the stupid "POWAH" performance by that white guy was badly acted in the trailer and felt that it came off as a parody

>Dis a rebellion isn't it?
>But rebels are built on hope
Why is her lines cringey?

Every movie with cgi landscapes and effects looks the same these days...

When I was watching the trailer it could have just as easily been game of thrones graphics just with space things

and all of them have this little blurriness

>All previous SW movies are within 2 points of each other on a 1-10 scale
There he is. There's the "smart" fence sitter everybody. No real opinion at all.

Can't they make spaceships practical like they did in the 80's?

>Star Wars universe
>finally a good cast
>initially not made for babies

too bad they made reshots, still looks promising.

Fucking hell. Looks like TFA was lightning in a bottle. Back to Marvel level of production values.

TFA was stupid

and all other star wars movies with be marvel 2.0 but with literal 10/10 beautiful women

calling it ... now!

A lot. Simply because nobody can write a good dialogue anymore.

>10/10 beautiful women

SPOILERS

jyn is a toaster

who said this was ok

>TFA was stupid
Irrelevant. It looks fantastic. Better than capeshit. Better than Jurassic Shit. Better than any other blockbuster. Rogue One will no doubt be horribly written but the fact that it looks blurry and has shitty CGI and laughable choreography just kills all interest for me. The Donnie stick fights look super fake and the firefight where they're running towards that ship looks like a tv show.

Episode 1: 1/10
Episode 2: 1/10
Episode 3: 1/10
Episode 4: 8/10
Episode 5: 9/10
Episode 6: 8/10
Episode 7: 6/10

Rogue One looks like it could be as high as a 7/10, fingers crossed. Hopefully Episodes 8 and 9 will be even better, but I'm not getting my hopes up quite yet.

I will never forget the moment she uttered the phrase "I rebel." in the first trailer.

Now I want it in the movie since it's confirmed utter shit.

They imitated some of the ep 4 luke theme.

Kill yourself retard.

This looks like the worst movie ever, what the fuck are you on?

>TFA
>better than anything
I'll give you it was better than Hobbit 3, but that was the only movie I've ever walked out of the theater during. Should have walked out of the theater for Star Wars too, but hindsight is 20/20.

Nice nostalgia goggles you faggot

>Han Solo
I'm so disgusted they're making this.

>stop acting like you know anything about the industry
It was widely reported they were adding more humour and other shit to make it more family friendly. fuck you.

>TFA better than prequels
Yeah, nice try, capeshit aficionado.

>Fuck off. It's going to be good. TFA was a great experience. It wasn't the best movie but it was a top-notch movie-going experience
HUUURRR turn your brain off bro

Which console exclusive is this from?

If they can't make a movie you're going to like in the first place you shouldn't be giving them any money at all. Let alone extra money

We will never a get apocalypse now inspired star wars movie directed by Gareth Edwards

>TFA was lightning in a bottle
You're human garbage.

>I won't enjoy it unless I pay extra
Literal sheep.

It's a visual medium you fucking baby.

You're a retarded cuck user. These movies are being made for people just like you.

>Tell me every flaw of this movie, based on 5 minutes from three trailers.
You really are trying hard to make us bekive you really hate star wars. You must be fun to be around

Judging by the director, it's going to be bad.

He's making the same thread every day. He's a false flag shill.

well hopefully they won't have a peasant girl beat an experienced jedi like in the other """star wars""" failure

Bruh the movie hasn't even come out yet

I remember being 12.

We are literally the most analytic and in-depth film discussion forum on the Internet, probably the largest too, you are stupid if you don't think the major studios keep an eye on what we say here.

>We are literally the most analytic and in-depth film discussion forum on the Internet

holy fuck he really meant that unironically lmao prepare for multiple (You)'s

The sole reason for this movie to exist is to bait the chinese market to hop on the Star Wars train.

Shit's pathetic yo

>nostalgia googles
>practically rates ep 7 the highest
>??????????

2/10 not diverse enough

iRebelle, new from Apple, this spring

alternatively, Ira Bell, inventor of rebellion

her metal teeth are an homage to Moonraker

Felicity Jones is aging like milk

They shouldn't have made Donnie Yen's character blind. That's stupid.

Star Wars: teenage angst

Jyn Erso is a ripoff of the Star Wars character Jan Ors. The writers changed a few letters, called it a day and cashed in their multi-million dollar checks.

That is the level of creativity the writers hired by Disney are capable of.

It won't suck. It'll be generic and very average.

Preposterous, the affirmative action alone gives it a 70-75%, top that of with the teenage angst in this movie and it will be at least an 85%. Not based on merit, but based on (((feelings))) for a """nerd""" series

episode 7 is basically 4, so no wonder you like it you nostalgia baby.

I'll like it better than 7, probably better than the prequels too.
5>4>6>R>3>1>2>7 will probably be how it shapes up.

They had room in the budget for two asians and a muslim but not one woman of color? And the only female role (the lead) goes to a white woman?

Bravo Disney.

>It will be hailed as bloated and boring by critics and fans.

don't be retarded, critics will give it a good score due to the diversity

Star Wars is just Hungry Bird teenage girl-power now, no reason to pay attention to it unless you are a female in high school looking for a role model.

Episode 1: 3/10
Episode 2: 2/10
Episode 3: kino/10
Episode 4: 6/10
Episode 5: 7/10
Episode 6: 5/10
Episode 7: reddit/10

fixed

I'd watch it just for spaceship and shit. I'll watch Rogue One just for At-At's and At-St's.

Looks like pure kino judging from the trailer. Thank Disney for saving the franchise

I have no idea because I'm not going to watch it. I got burned bad by """""Episode VII""""". I'll never watch another one of these nu/Wars/ piles of shit again.

What do you think lightning in a bottle means you fucking retard?

Literally EU: the movie

If you want to watch this feminist toy commercial for any other reason but to shitpost about it you need to stop being such a goyim and become a fucking individual already

>Episode 1: 1/10
Dumb 4U faggot. Episode 1 was the second best film in the series. The only reason people hate it is because it's not one of the original trilogy and everyone's trying to be a fucking hipster. Episode IV is best, 1 is second, everything else from the original series and prequels gets worse from there. Jedi was actually the worst before these new abominations.

>7
>6/10
Kill your rancid, prepubescent self.

Objectively the best Star Wars movie ever made.

>if my opinion is not reinforced, then he must be from reddit

Speaking of that, I was at Disney Springs yesterday and my girlfriend dragged me into the Star Wars store (why do girls pretend to like Star Wars). Anyway, HALF the merch in the store was Rogue 1 shit. Typical garbage.

Only cool stuff in the whole shop was some original artwork they wanted 2k for.

>The POWAH we are dealing with here is immeasurable

What did he mean by this? Is this related to the legendary UN-LIMITED POWAH Sheev once spoke of?

>only white male in the poster is the villain
What did disney mean by this?

>only black male in the poster is the villain
What did Burton mean by this?

OI u Focking wOt kunt U tellen mE Me fooKen Built D fooking Deathstar.

Jesus Gareth I think you went a little to dark

Dumb fuck

TPM:4/10
AOTC:0/10
ROTS:10/10
ANH:8/10
TESB:9/10
ROTJ:5/10
TFA:2/10

>ESB 6/10
Get out you retard, ESB is at its worse a 9/10

>arent just turning it into their marvel 2.0
You cant be this naive

Wow so mature, have your (you) *tips fedora* 8^)

TIM "if its a nigger pull the tigger" BURTON

retard they looked good in the ot, because they were created for it. Stormtroopers are literally the only thing they kept the same for rogue 1 and they look out of place af

Yes, its also the same POOOWAH FROM THE DAAAARK SSIDE Vader wanted Luke to know about